Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (18 February 2020 - 08:43 PM)

vegan meat must taste delicious. they're grass-fed and regularly exercised....

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Vegans are better than kids if you don't talk to them. They'll keep the lawn trimmed anyway.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Do you want vegans? Because that's how you get vegans.

@  CORVUS : (18 February 2020 - 04:33 PM)

Hook up your sprinkler system to a canister of healthy organic carrot-juice. The kids won't be able to get off your lawn fast enough.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 03:59 PM)

Just use the hose.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 03:52 PM)

Ask bing. It'll be a FAR more effective answer.

@  TrnsfrmGod : (18 February 2020 - 03:26 PM)

Google, how do I get those durned kids off my lawn?

@  TrnsfrmGod : (18 February 2020 - 03:26 PM)

Please ignore.  Old man here apparently doesn't know the difference between the "Search" field and the "Shoutbox" field.

Also doesn't know how to delete from the shoutbox

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 07:33 AM)

Huhn. Penny arcade was right, the division 2 is literally 3 dollars...

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2020 - 11:05 PM)

Oh, Wicked Cool Toys got the Halo toy license. This is a big year for Jazwares

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2020 - 07:02 PM)

iTunes/Apple TV has the complete Cowboy Bebop series for just $5!

@  fourteenwings : (17 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

The Samsung Galaxy B-TOOM!

@  Paladin : (16 February 2020 - 07:20 PM)

business is booming.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 February 2020 - 06:49 PM)

SAmsung has you covered. Exploding phones.

@  Patch : (16 February 2020 - 05:21 PM)

Modern problems require modern solutions.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 February 2020 - 05:21 PM)

Japan seems to have a tradition of murder things where cellphones facilitate the killing instead. Like King's Game and Doubt.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2020 - 05:17 PM)

Or there's just conveniently no reception, or all of their phones are dead at the same time. Or they're just stupid and forget about them.

@  Patch : (16 February 2020 - 04:41 PM)

Now the slasher villain has to go and knock over the nearest cell tower before butchering horny teenagers.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2020 - 03:54 PM)

Think of all the horror and mystery movies that involve the bad guys cutting the phone line. Now think about how many people don't even have a land line to cut anymore.

@  Telly : (16 February 2020 - 03:47 PM)

its like that scene in commando. the bad guy has to get to a phone to call the big bad to tell him arnold isnt on the plane. that wouldnt happen today

@  Rycochet : (16 February 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Watching early episodes of the x-files will make you feel super old once you start to notice the techology they use, and the technology they lack.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 February 2020 - 01:00 PM)

This guy.

@  Roddie Luver : (15 February 2020 - 10:55 PM)

Hey

@  Kalidor : (14 February 2020 - 03:01 PM)

The ones that get me are the "Uploaded 12 years ago" ones

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 February 2020 - 02:49 PM)

Makes you feel old, don't it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 February 2020 - 02:38 PM)

While browsing Youtube vids I read these comments: 'The X Files is such an underrated show' and another 'Brent Spiner is a underrated actor' I want to punch something.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2020 - 12:16 PM)

Besides: cupid freaks me out. "Find someone to love, or I'll SHOOT YOU".

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 February 2020 - 12:11 PM)

It's just the day before Cheap Chocolate Day.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2020 - 12:08 PM)

Meh, just more game time.

@  Paladin : (14 February 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Valentine's day. Bummer.

@  Otaku : (14 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

So is that an occasion for congratulations or condolences, Telly?  I see it as a good thing, but that is a matter of personal preference; easier for me to keep straight who is who when the names don't change. XP

@  Telly : (14 February 2020 - 12:48 AM)

damn. ive been going by "telly" on here for nearly 14 years...

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 February 2020 - 08:06 PM)

I've seen it. It didn't really deliver on the title

@  Paladin : (11 February 2020 - 05:28 PM)

we don't need to see that. we're living it.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 February 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Anyone seen an old British movie called 'The Earth dies screaming' it's like a Doctor Who serial minus the Doctor.

@  TriBlurr : (09 February 2020 - 11:58 AM)

Needs more zone defense. Call Scrapper

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 February 2020 - 11:29 AM)

MORE POINTS FOR BLITZWING!

@  Donocropolis : (09 February 2020 - 09:33 AM)

MP-7 Thundercracker recovers....he's at the 40....the 20....AND HE SCORES!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 February 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Reserved for Masterpiece Kup.

@  Sabrblade : (08 February 2020 - 09:49 PM)

MP-10 Convoy redecoed.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 February 2020 - 06:56 AM)

MP-9 Rodimus self-destructed.

@  Nevermore : (08 February 2020 - 06:51 AM)

MP-5 Megatron removed.

@  Bass X0 : (08 February 2020 - 05:20 AM)

MP-50 Tigatron and MP-51 Arcee revealed.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 February 2020 - 02:26 PM)

SkiNNEERRR

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 February 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Superintendent Chalmers is hilarious too, or was when he was played straight. "An unrelated article." "mm hm." "Within the banner headline."

@  PlutoniumBoss : (06 February 2020 - 09:03 PM)

"I'm not a real Mister but I am a real Burns I am an actual Burns..."

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 February 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Optimus looks like his Siege figure. Maybe this will be canon to the Transformers ongoing comic series at the moment.

@  Cyoti : (06 February 2020 - 05:13 PM)

iirc megatron ended up in equestria at the end of gi joe v tfs

@  wonko the sane? : (06 February 2020 - 05:02 PM)

I doubt megatron will fall for that friendship stuff.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 February 2020 - 02:04 PM)

My Little Pony/Transformers is really happening cool!

Photo

Warhammer 40K, Fantasy

3058 replies to this topic

#61 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12182 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

Yeah, that happens a bit with tank models and stuff. Shouldn't effect the later coats though.

#62 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

Sweet.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#63 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

BUMP: Hrud are apparently getting an army. These are from two people who've been right before as rumour sources, so it looks legit.

Will probably be a white dwarf teaser list and then a full codex. Look out for hints in upcoming WD's
-The Umbra WILL be in the army
-There will be at least one vehicle described as a tunneler modified for war (tunneling rules a la trygon perhaps?)
-They have units named/such as Triads, Blades, Shamans, Paths
-They are described as a 'steamroller' type force withe tactic such as 'shoot retreat shoot , ambush'
-Background-wise they are described as an ancient race that are pissed because they lost their homeworld to slaanesh, the umbra are said to be fragments of their God (Q'ah) that was destroyed by Slaanesh. They hate Chaos with a passion.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#64 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12182 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

Colour me skeptical even if the source has been reliable.

#65 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

It's funny how suddenly there's been so many rumours. Either the one about sixth edition triggered everyone making up their own to cash in on the craze, or something's changed inside GW.

That said, new stuff is always good, so I hope at least some of it is true.

#66 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12445 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(Fires Of Hokkai @ Jun 29 2011, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's funny how suddenly there's been so many rumours. Either the one about sixth edition triggered everyone making up their own to cash in on the craze, or something's changed inside GW.

That said, new stuff is always good, so I hope at least some of it is true.

GW have implmented a new rumour crackdown. They believe that it'd be better if people only knew about new releases when White Dwarf ships, to the extent they're no longer going to ship subscribers their copies before they appear in stores.

This ludicrous secrecy seems to have pissed a lot of insiders off.

Phazer

#67 The Ambassador

The Ambassador

Pose as a team, because JIVE JUST GOT REAL

• Citizen
  • 5678 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

They're terrified Privateer Press will steal their ideas for Marines in New Hats.
QUOTE(Galenraff @ Mar 13 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't buy a Porsche *just* for how it looks, after all. It's got to perform, too. Maybe tie you up, if you're into that.

"Pack up the tea, boys! We're joining the Space Marines!"

#68 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12445 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE(The Ambassador @ Jun 29 2011, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're terrified Privateer Press will steal their ideas for Marines in New Hats.

The logic seems to be that people will go to a GW store to buy WD, see the new releases there for the first time and be so overwhelmed with how awesome they are they'll buy them on the spot.

The fact that WD is really poor nowadays, so it's probably just easier to not buy it at all and hence not go to the store either has not passed GW's mind. They seem to think Space Hulk being secret was really successful, while ignoring two key points - 1) Space Hulk as a really badly kept secret, and everyone knew about it 9 months before it was "officially" annouced and 2) People panic bought Space Hulk because it was really good and a one off limited run that there was a significant danger they'd completely miss it. Not beacuse they were surprised by it.

Phazer

#69 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:57 AM

And now some guy on another site is claiming his contact deliberately made up all the rumours just to spite a coworker who leaks them.

This is all getting very silly!

But also pretty amusing.

#70 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42747 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:58 AM

Not exactly like its easy to get GW in some places anyway. I've been in three stores which carry the stuff, one stopped, I haven't visited the other in an age (and will probably never again.) and the third is the ONLY GW official store in the province. I want to say their making it hard, but I've never seen any mini's other than the stuff for model train sets.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#71 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:50 AM

I wonder if GW is going to evolve in the face of mounting competition from Privateer and Manitac?

There isn't a GW store within 200 miles of me, and if they crack down harder on the indys, that will mean no GW product within 200 miles of me (always the internet, of course).
On them twitters

#72 The Ambassador

The Ambassador

• Citizen
  • 5678 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(Nanite @ Jul 1 2011, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if GW is going to evolve in the face of mounting competition from Privateer and Manitac?

I doubt it. They, and the management in particular, have a rather inflated opinion of the company (To the point of describing third-party retailers, people who sell their products, as "freeloaders"). Yes, they're the big fish in the small pond, but their market share in North America, the sweet-spot for this sort of thing, is being torn apart by Privateer Press and Flames of War.
You don't buy a Porsche *just* for how it looks, after all. It's got to perform, too. Maybe tie you up, if you're into that.

#73 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

That's what I've heard.

I'm thinking GW is going to stay the course, steadily increasing prices until The Hobbit comes out. After the sales bump from that goes away. Panic.

Hrud would be nifty, if just to have new alien miniatures to play with.
On them twitters

#74 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac

Clever Girl

• Citizen
  • 1790 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

Would anyone mind if we use this thread as more of a "general wargaming" thread rather than purely 40k? I don?t want to feel like I?m hijacking this thread whenever I mention something else, so I thought I?d ask.

Not that I don?t intend to contribute to the subject matter of 40k:

With Warpath coming soon I?m also readying my futuristic forces.

#75 The Ambassador

The Ambassador

• Citizen
  • 5678 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:56 AM

Warpath Beta Rules.

#76 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:42 AM

Would anyone mind if we use this thread as more of a "general wargaming" thread rather than purely 40k?

Go for it, it's not like we're all one-trick ponies.

#77 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42747 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

I can't be one trick... I don't even play. I just collect and paint.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#78 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Jul 2 2011, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't be one trick... I don't even play. I just collect and paint.

Same here, though I seem to buy lots of rulebooks.

Warpath rules look nice. I like the "ally" abilities. With only the little scraps of background, I'm already liking the setup more then 40K's rrrgrrghrgkilleverythinggrrrhrfhelvenyearoldrages.

So the new Warhammer stuff. I want to like the terrain, but it looks like Hot Topic clearance merch. The Eternity Stair could be cool, but it's covered in the usual GW crap details.

Though the throne thingy looks nice in purple, in a castle-greyskull kinda way.
On them twitters

#79 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac

Clever Girl

• Citizen
  • 1790 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

Alright, just came back from Mantic?s open day. It was a fun ordeal, but the long hours of driving should best not be mentioned.
Kings of War will be re-realesed this year, ending the open beta. Some rules will be clarified, some stats changed around and the number of armies goes up to 8 (dark elves, goblins and humans will be the new armies). The five existing army lists will be expanded, it was said that 100+ new units will be added to the game all in all.

The rules will still be free for download and remain free, with a small booklet of the rules (about A5) available for free in the starter sets and from Mantic for a few quid, for those who?d like a printed copy.

A proper rulebook is planned for next year, with more background story, miniature photographs, artworks, the core rules and army lists but also optional rules for magic, siege, mass battles, scenarios and the likes. However, which optional rules will make it into the book is still up in the air, they are very much still tossing ideas around on that.

There will be a new core game box, called "Morgoth Rising", again featuring the undead and dwarfs, with balanced armies inside, to have the box serve as a stand-alone game.

Mantic had dark elves on display to show the upcoming conversion kit. They looked good, but they are going to be metal/plastic hybrid kits. If you didn?t like the regular elves, these won?t do it for you either.

We got a sneak peak at some Warpath stuff, forgefather resin master casts for character models that will be available in metal and finished concept drawings of the first two vehicle plastic kits. The metal figures will be awesome, the masters look exactly like the concept art.
There were some very early design sketches of Warpath vehicles seen on the web. Thoe were just random ideas scribbled down and the finished concepts have nothing in common with those. They are friggin?awesome.
If the plastic kits for the vehicles and infantry can deliver what the concepts promised, like the metal figures already did, then Warpath will be an awesome line of miniatures.

Marauders are supposed to be released in October, with the Forgefathers following in November (IIRC, it?s late and I?m tired). There will be a starter set, with vehicles and troops, supposedly balanced armies... akin to the Kings of War one.

And not as newsworthy, but dear to me: My first model for Mantic will soon enter production and then see a release. I?m really excted and can?t wait.

#80 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

Looking forward to seeing your sculpt!

Warpath sounds promising.
On them twitters

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users