Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (03 December 2020 - 03:13 PM)

Fuzzy little thermal vampires...

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 December 2020 - 02:38 PM)

Well of course. Your spot now has your body heat in it. That's what the cat really desires.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2020 - 12:23 PM)

The pictures when you google that are adorable, but unfortunately my cat hates cat-sized beds. He does like getting in the way on human-sized beds, chairs and sofas, though. If you get up, watch out, 'cuz your spot will be gone when you return.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 December 2020 - 09:01 AM)

I learned that the famed ikea cat bed actually IS available in canada, but they called it a doll bed up here for some reason.

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 December 2020 - 05:39 PM)

*good week

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 December 2020 - 05:35 PM)

It's been a good work for The Hunt: got Netflix Bumblebee (suck it Walmart!) and stopped at Walgreens and found a lone Bluestreak. I'm pretty much done until new stuff rolls out in February

@  tigerhawk : (02 December 2020 - 03:53 PM)

There's some fab fandubs of comic scenes on Youtube, it's MTMTE/LL mostly but there's some great stuff such as Tarn learning of Megatron's defection and Megatron talking to Ravage.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:31 PM)

Wonderful audio separation and balance.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:29 PM)

For Transformers The Movie 86

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:28 PM)

I will say, the blu ray remaster, especially the audio is pretty spot on. Watching it on Apple TV has been enlightening.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 09:00 PM)

Vode An!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:59 PM)

I do not overly care for the Bad Batch, but it will be interesting to see what the animated series will bring to the table.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:59 PM)

Alpha, Delta Squad, Omega Squad, and the Muunilinst 10 are quite the contrast to what we have at present in Disney canon.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:57 PM)

Who else here read the pre-2008 Clone Commandos and ARC Troopers back in the day?

@  tigerhawk : (30 November 2020 - 05:04 PM)

Monoliths in Utah and Romania.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:11 PM)

Also, the face of the black redeco is painted gray.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:09 PM)

To be a little fair, the original was also lacking in more detailed color. The Telemocha Series figure fixed that.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 November 2020 - 05:05 PM)

The unpainted face and all the greys make that look like a knockoff.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:01 PM)

One could headcanon this one as such.

@  Otaku : (29 November 2020 - 01:06 PM)

@Bass X0 Weird how they come close, with the likes of Onyx Primal and Nemesis Prime (Universe 2003), but no actual evil gorilla...

@  wonko the sane? : (28 November 2020 - 03:00 PM)

Oh my god! WFC ravage is adorable! Who's a pudgy kitty? Yes you are!

@  tigerhawk : (28 November 2020 - 09:50 AM)

The 86 line prevented made me reconsider a new years resolution.

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:33 AM)

And Devastator because I'm a sucker for combiners

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:32 AM)

Decided to stick with the main cast from 2007 and a few assorted ones here and there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 November 2020 - 02:02 PM)

I said I wouldn't buy a lot, now I have seven. And at least three might be on the culling pile.

@  tigerhawk : (27 November 2020 - 11:44 AM)

"I'll just get one" I said now I have almost twenty Studio Series figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 November 2020 - 11:19 AM)

The geese are fleeing... death comes soon...

@  unluckiness : (25 November 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Not even head, just a faceeven

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 November 2020 - 12:58 PM)

Just stick a Megatron head on Optimal Optimus.

@  Sabrblade : (25 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

There was also an evil-looking black and gray redeco of the RobotMasters toy

@  Arazyr : (25 November 2020 - 11:54 AM)

That's KIND-OF what I consider the Throne of the Primes Primal to be...

@  wonko the sane? : (25 November 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I would buy the hell out a nemesis primal...

@  Bass X0 : (25 November 2020 - 11:15 AM)

I'm surprised there's not been a Nemesis Primal given all the Nemesis Primes.

@  unluckiness : (23 November 2020 - 03:17 AM)

The real Drifts were the Windblades we made along the way

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Drift-kun 2 Electric Boobylube

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 November 2020 - 11:36 PM)

I'm pretty sure Drift 2 was Empire of Stone.

@  Sabrblade : (22 November 2020 - 10:06 PM)

I thought people said Prime Wheeljack was Drift 2.

@  tigerhawk : (22 November 2020 - 03:51 PM)

Windblade was Drift.2.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 02:44 PM)

Drift with boobs.

@  Rycochet : (22 November 2020 - 11:50 AM)

I can't imagine a live action movie version of Windblade being all that different from Drift. Not my thing, but not the worst thing I've ever seen.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 09:54 AM)

The thought of Movie aesthetic Windblade makes me feel sick.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:47 AM)

Though, the fact that Japanese people would pay for Windblade toys in the $30-40 range doesn't mean they'd pay however much MPs are going for now.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:44 AM)

Back when I made a habit of checking Mandarake for pre-owned TFs, Windblade's toys went for surprisingly high prices. By which I mean not lower than the original price.

@  tigerhawk : (22 November 2020 - 08:15 AM)

If she's in the next movie you might get her.

@  unluckiness : (22 November 2020 - 07:58 AM)

Japan didn't get most of the IDW comics and are the target market for MP. They basically know windblade from a few crappy pack-in comics and a show that wasn't particularly popular there. Unless they start cranking out Cyberverse MPs, it's not very likely.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 04:24 AM)

Again, depends if she's popular enough in Japan to warrant it. Our view of which characters are popular is not the same as Takara's.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 01:53 AM)

So characters like Windblade then.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 07:19 PM)

They're complicated and expensive to design. By necessity, they're gonna be restricted to well-known characters who are more likely to sell.

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 07:05 PM)

I don’t think Masterpiece toys should be restricted to only show characters.

@  Rycochet : (21 November 2020 - 03:09 PM)

If she wasn't in the Sunbow cartoon, Live Action movie or Beast Wars and can't be repainted from someone else, she's not getting an MP.

Photo

Warhammer 40K, Fantasy

3252 replies to this topic

#61 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12182 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

Yeah, that happens a bit with tank models and stuff. Shouldn't effect the later coats though.

#62 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

Sweet.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#63 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

BUMP: Hrud are apparently getting an army. These are from two people who've been right before as rumour sources, so it looks legit.

Will probably be a white dwarf teaser list and then a full codex. Look out for hints in upcoming WD's
-The Umbra WILL be in the army
-There will be at least one vehicle described as a tunneler modified for war (tunneling rules a la trygon perhaps?)
-They have units named/such as Triads, Blades, Shamans, Paths
-They are described as a 'steamroller' type force withe tactic such as 'shoot retreat shoot , ambush'
-Background-wise they are described as an ancient race that are pissed because they lost their homeworld to slaanesh, the umbra are said to be fragments of their God (Q'ah) that was destroyed by Slaanesh. They hate Chaos with a passion.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#64 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12182 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

Colour me skeptical even if the source has been reliable.

#65 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

It's funny how suddenly there's been so many rumours. Either the one about sixth edition triggered everyone making up their own to cash in on the craze, or something's changed inside GW.

That said, new stuff is always good, so I hope at least some of it is true.

#66 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12659 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(Fires Of Hokkai @ Jun 29 2011, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's funny how suddenly there's been so many rumours. Either the one about sixth edition triggered everyone making up their own to cash in on the craze, or something's changed inside GW.

That said, new stuff is always good, so I hope at least some of it is true.

GW have implmented a new rumour crackdown. They believe that it'd be better if people only knew about new releases when White Dwarf ships, to the extent they're no longer going to ship subscribers their copies before they appear in stores.

This ludicrous secrecy seems to have pissed a lot of insiders off.

Phazer

#67 The Ambassador

The Ambassador

Pose as a team, because JIVE JUST GOT REAL

• Citizen
  • 5678 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

They're terrified Privateer Press will steal their ideas for Marines in New Hats.
QUOTE(Galenraff @ Mar 13 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't buy a Porsche *just* for how it looks, after all. It's got to perform, too. Maybe tie you up, if you're into that.

"Pack up the tea, boys! We're joining the Space Marines!"

#68 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12659 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE(The Ambassador @ Jun 29 2011, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're terrified Privateer Press will steal their ideas for Marines in New Hats.

The logic seems to be that people will go to a GW store to buy WD, see the new releases there for the first time and be so overwhelmed with how awesome they are they'll buy them on the spot.

The fact that WD is really poor nowadays, so it's probably just easier to not buy it at all and hence not go to the store either has not passed GW's mind. They seem to think Space Hulk being secret was really successful, while ignoring two key points - 1) Space Hulk as a really badly kept secret, and everyone knew about it 9 months before it was "officially" annouced and 2) People panic bought Space Hulk because it was really good and a one off limited run that there was a significant danger they'd completely miss it. Not beacuse they were surprised by it.

Phazer

#69 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:57 AM

And now some guy on another site is claiming his contact deliberately made up all the rumours just to spite a coworker who leaks them.

This is all getting very silly!

But also pretty amusing.

#70 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44063 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:58 AM

Not exactly like its easy to get GW in some places anyway. I've been in three stores which carry the stuff, one stopped, I haven't visited the other in an age (and will probably never again.) and the third is the ONLY GW official store in the province. I want to say their making it hard, but I've never seen any mini's other than the stuff for model train sets.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#71 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:50 AM

I wonder if GW is going to evolve in the face of mounting competition from Privateer and Manitac?

There isn't a GW store within 200 miles of me, and if they crack down harder on the indys, that will mean no GW product within 200 miles of me (always the internet, of course).
On them twitters

#72 The Ambassador

The Ambassador

• Citizen
  • 5678 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(Nanite @ Jul 1 2011, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if GW is going to evolve in the face of mounting competition from Privateer and Manitac?

I doubt it. They, and the management in particular, have a rather inflated opinion of the company (To the point of describing third-party retailers, people who sell their products, as "freeloaders"). Yes, they're the big fish in the small pond, but their market share in North America, the sweet-spot for this sort of thing, is being torn apart by Privateer Press and Flames of War.
You don't buy a Porsche *just* for how it looks, after all. It's got to perform, too. Maybe tie you up, if you're into that.

#73 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

That's what I've heard.

I'm thinking GW is going to stay the course, steadily increasing prices until The Hobbit comes out. After the sales bump from that goes away. Panic.

Hrud would be nifty, if just to have new alien miniatures to play with.
On them twitters

#74 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac

Clever Girl

• Citizen
  • 1790 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

Would anyone mind if we use this thread as more of a "general wargaming" thread rather than purely 40k? I don?t want to feel like I?m hijacking this thread whenever I mention something else, so I thought I?d ask.

Not that I don?t intend to contribute to the subject matter of 40k:

With Warpath coming soon I?m also readying my futuristic forces.

#75 The Ambassador

The Ambassador

• Citizen
  • 5678 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:56 AM

Warpath Beta Rules.

#76 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:42 AM

Would anyone mind if we use this thread as more of a "general wargaming" thread rather than purely 40k?

Go for it, it's not like we're all one-trick ponies.

#77 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44063 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

I can't be one trick... I don't even play. I just collect and paint.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#78 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Jul 2 2011, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't be one trick... I don't even play. I just collect and paint.

Same here, though I seem to buy lots of rulebooks.

Warpath rules look nice. I like the "ally" abilities. With only the little scraps of background, I'm already liking the setup more then 40K's rrrgrrghrgkilleverythinggrrrhrfhelvenyearoldrages.

So the new Warhammer stuff. I want to like the terrain, but it looks like Hot Topic clearance merch. The Eternity Stair could be cool, but it's covered in the usual GW crap details.

Though the throne thingy looks nice in purple, in a castle-greyskull kinda way.
On them twitters

#79 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac

Clever Girl

• Citizen
  • 1790 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

Alright, just came back from Mantic?s open day. It was a fun ordeal, but the long hours of driving should best not be mentioned.
Kings of War will be re-realesed this year, ending the open beta. Some rules will be clarified, some stats changed around and the number of armies goes up to 8 (dark elves, goblins and humans will be the new armies). The five existing army lists will be expanded, it was said that 100+ new units will be added to the game all in all.

The rules will still be free for download and remain free, with a small booklet of the rules (about A5) available for free in the starter sets and from Mantic for a few quid, for those who?d like a printed copy.

A proper rulebook is planned for next year, with more background story, miniature photographs, artworks, the core rules and army lists but also optional rules for magic, siege, mass battles, scenarios and the likes. However, which optional rules will make it into the book is still up in the air, they are very much still tossing ideas around on that.

There will be a new core game box, called "Morgoth Rising", again featuring the undead and dwarfs, with balanced armies inside, to have the box serve as a stand-alone game.

Mantic had dark elves on display to show the upcoming conversion kit. They looked good, but they are going to be metal/plastic hybrid kits. If you didn?t like the regular elves, these won?t do it for you either.

We got a sneak peak at some Warpath stuff, forgefather resin master casts for character models that will be available in metal and finished concept drawings of the first two vehicle plastic kits. The metal figures will be awesome, the masters look exactly like the concept art.
There were some very early design sketches of Warpath vehicles seen on the web. Thoe were just random ideas scribbled down and the finished concepts have nothing in common with those. They are friggin?awesome.
If the plastic kits for the vehicles and infantry can deliver what the concepts promised, like the metal figures already did, then Warpath will be an awesome line of miniatures.

Marauders are supposed to be released in October, with the Forgefathers following in November (IIRC, it?s late and I?m tired). There will be a starter set, with vehicles and troops, supposedly balanced armies... akin to the Kings of War one.

And not as newsworthy, but dear to me: My first model for Mantic will soon enter production and then see a release. I?m really excted and can?t wait.

#80 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

Looking forward to seeing your sculpt!

Warpath sounds promising.
On them twitters

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users