Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Nope. Forgot entirely, had to make another trip.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 December 2019 - 04:04 PM)

Well, did you get water?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Went to the bathroom, shaved, baked a cake... wait, I only got up to get some water...

@  unluckiness : (14 December 2019 - 09:01 AM)

That's a common misconception. You see compared to the first run, it's a new mold.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Hasbro GI Joe Q&A 2011 Round 6 - due Monday, October 31

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#1 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42448 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

Round 5 answers can be found here!

The sixth and final round of the Hasbro GI Joe Q&A for 2011 is due by October 31st!

Edited by NightViper, 21 October 2011 - 03:01 PM.

#2 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

A few years ago, an attempt to release the 1985 Mauler as a convention exclusive were thwarted when one of the molds for the turret broke. Has the mold in question since been fixed? If not, are the turret molds for the 1989 Equalizer (Mauler chassis; new turret) intact enough for use instead?

During the 1980s, the G. I. Joe line saw the release of several accessory packs that consisted of spare weapons for that year's crop of figures, albeit in alternate colors (such as a "cream" instead of "black"). Would it be feasible to begin releasing accessory packs once again?

Given the fact that three figures have been released in stores in Tiger Force colors (Duke, Flint, Wild Bill + Rattler) and three have been released to stores in Python Patrol colors (Officer, Crimson Guard, Viper + Conquest), what is the prospect of other figures and vehicles being released in their subteam colors (such as Bazooka, Lamprey, the VAMP, and the ASP)?

The SDCC "Starscream" exclusive (a Skystriker in an exclusive color scheme) has been the latest in a series of cross-overs between the G. I. Joe and Transformers lines. Given this, can we expect to see future product releases that cross over in some fashion?

#3 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19274 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:30 PM

They've answered the accessory pack question before, in short "no", in long, that's one of the reasons we get so many accessories with individual figures now.

Here's my question: *Edited for more detail

Can you offer any insight into the so-called "Ross" phenomenon in which so many items - be they previously considered canceled such as the RoC Polar Sharc, Lava Pod and Tiger Rat or in some cases brand new such as the PoC Black HISS and VAMP - appear to by-pass the large, "first tier" retailers completely and should this represent any concern for collectors as to retailer support of the line as a whole especially in light of what appears to be Walmart's nation-wide dropping of the Joe line from current planograms?

Edited by Dake, 15 March 2011 - 12:32 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#4 invinible

invinible
  • Citizen
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

Will the G.I.Joe: Renegades show ever cross-over with any other shows on the HUB?

#5 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20674 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

What is with the Blowtorch and Croc Master figures from upcoming Pursuit of Cobra waves being nigh-identical to the old ones released in the 25th Anniversary line?

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#6 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(invinible @ Mar 15 2011, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will the G.I.Joe: Renegades show ever cross-over with any other shows on the HUB?

You might as well just out and say Prime. What other show would you be talking about? MLP?

ZacWilliam, also the answer is no.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#7 invinible

invinible
  • Citizen
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Mar 15 2011, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You might as well just out and say Prime. What other show would you be talking about? MLP?

Well, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the most popular show on the HUB at this time and it was the winner of the 2010 best new show award. So I think any show that crosses over with it will have an instant ratings boost for at least 1 episode.

#8 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:40 PM

Actually, someone could make a case for a "Dan Vs." crossover in which Dan squares off against Cobra Enterprises.

#9 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42448 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

Hasbro Studios isn't listed amongst the production team for Dan Vs., so it may just be a show that the Hub airs, not a show that they make.

Which may mean that they have little control over what actually goes into any given episode.

#10 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66187 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE(invinible @ Mar 15 2011, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the most popular show on the HUB at this time and it was the winner of the 2010 best new show award. So I think any show that crosses over with it will have an instant ratings boost for at least 1 episode.

Is there actual facts and evidence for this or is this your own presumption because there is such a hard on it here and some other places for it?

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#11 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4619 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

With the toyline seeing a packaging change in the fall 2011 assortments, will the change be a "hard reset" (similar to the ending of Rise of Cobra and the start of Pursuit of Cobra, where the prior SKUs were replaced with new ones) or a "soft reset" (the transition from 25th figures to "Modern Era" figures, meaning the same SKU for both packaging styles)?

#12 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66187 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Mar 16 2011, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there actual facts and evidence for this or is this your own presumption because there is such a hard on it here and some other places for it?

Randy

I'm definitely call bull jive on this unless you have some solid numbers for ratings (and not speculation about rampant fandom niche). I would tend to think given the popularity of the franchise, that Transformers Prime is probably their #1 cartoon on currently. But I'd like to be proven wrong.

Here's a question:

Given the upcoming Skystriker release, are their any other classic vehicles you would like to restore or revisit in the modern era (please give examples)?

ACItEK8.png

#13 invinible

invinible
  • Citizen
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Mar 16 2011, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Randy

Actually Nick and More did a poll on which was the best new show from 2010. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was leading the entire time during round 1. And in round 2, it had twice the number of votes as the other 9 finalists combined.

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66187 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

Ah I see. But web polls do not equal ratings. So while it may have the very vocal fanbase, it doesn't necessarily mean it has the highest ratings. icon-hotrod.gif

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#15 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19274 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:08 AM

Here's another: Has a decision been made yet in regards to whether Zarana will be made available to all the many desiring fans or limited to a select few, leaving the rest disappointed once again?

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#16 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5425 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:36 AM

ARE we going to see that SAW Viper?
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#17 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Back in the late 1980s, a series of "motorized action packs" was released.

These were backpacks that had a wind-up motor in them, enabling the backpack to fulfill some sort of secondary function, such as "anti-aircraft station" or "helicopter pack."

Would it be feasible to release more of these for the modern-day?

#18 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39177 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

About what ratio of figures are all or mostly new molds (the new Destro, for example) as opposed to strictly mixed-and-matched from existing figures (Rock Viper) these days?

What was the reasoning behind releasing an only slightly different Croc Master figure? The first wasn't particularly hard to come across nor seemed to have loads of fan demand past its release.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#19 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(Dake @ Mar 19 2011, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's another: Has a decision been made yet in regards to whether Zarana will be made available to all the many desiring fans or limited to a select few, leaving the rest disappointed once again?

I like this one, although I'd rephrase it to be a little less confrontational:

Has a decision been made yet in regards to whether Zarana will be made available at mass retail, or will she be a convention exclusive? Since she tops a lot of the "most wanted" lists and "when will we see --" questions, it seems like a lot of new tooling for a very limited release that most of the people who want will not be able to get.

I'd also like to suggest this one:

Last year fans were assured that a mass retail Sgt. Slaughter was being "looked into." Did anything come of that? Is there a chance that a more widely-available version of this popular character will be released?

Edited by Lukeblast, 20 March 2011 - 11:04 AM.

#20 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42448 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

Oh, c'mon! You all know that Zarana is going to be the first question at the Hasbro Designers panel at JoeCon icon-fire.gif icon-waspy.gif