Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 03:38 AM)

I haven't gone 4K yet, I'm a rebel.

@  Ashley : (07 January 2020 - 11:50 PM)

the comic theme is amazing

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Sounds like Victor Caroli but I’m not sure.

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 02:35 PM)

Should I recognise the narrator of the Mutant Hunt trailer?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 January 2020 - 04:30 AM)

I got me Titans Return Blaster, now watch them unveil Earthrise Blaster and Generations Perceptor, a retool of Titans Blaster.

@  ThunderWear : (06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM)

I recently switched to to the comic theme here at the Allspark and I'm so happy I just want to look at it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (06 January 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Can you not take so many lines to say anything?

@  fourteenwings : (06 January 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Iunno, maybe people having unique pronunciations of things re:how they understand language makes the world a more colourful place, rather than one where we correct every seemingly grievous error?

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:12 AM)

Others insist on "Michael Yackson".

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:01 AM)

Because the very combination of those sounds is unknown to them, and thus they avoid it as if it were contagious.

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:00 AM)

For example, the English "J" sound consists of sounds that exist in German: Basically, it's just a "d" sound followed by a very soft "sh". Yet there are many Germans who insist on calling the late King of Pop "Michael Checkson".

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:58 AM)

I'm talking about names that should pe easily pronouncable if you just bothered to pay attention to how it's done correctly instead of insisting on "I speak X language and this is how I prounounce it!"

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:57 AM)

I'm not even talking about foreign names that have sounds that don't exist in the speaker's language.

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Hasbro GI Joe Q&A 2011 Round 6 - due Monday, October 31

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#1 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42479 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

Round 5 answers can be found here!

The sixth and final round of the Hasbro GI Joe Q&A for 2011 is due by October 31st!

Edited by NightViper, 21 October 2011 - 03:01 PM.

#2 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

A few years ago, an attempt to release the 1985 Mauler as a convention exclusive were thwarted when one of the molds for the turret broke. Has the mold in question since been fixed? If not, are the turret molds for the 1989 Equalizer (Mauler chassis; new turret) intact enough for use instead?

During the 1980s, the G. I. Joe line saw the release of several accessory packs that consisted of spare weapons for that year's crop of figures, albeit in alternate colors (such as a "cream" instead of "black"). Would it be feasible to begin releasing accessory packs once again?

Given the fact that three figures have been released in stores in Tiger Force colors (Duke, Flint, Wild Bill + Rattler) and three have been released to stores in Python Patrol colors (Officer, Crimson Guard, Viper + Conquest), what is the prospect of other figures and vehicles being released in their subteam colors (such as Bazooka, Lamprey, the VAMP, and the ASP)?

The SDCC "Starscream" exclusive (a Skystriker in an exclusive color scheme) has been the latest in a series of cross-overs between the G. I. Joe and Transformers lines. Given this, can we expect to see future product releases that cross over in some fashion?

#3 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19319 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:30 PM

They've answered the accessory pack question before, in short "no", in long, that's one of the reasons we get so many accessories with individual figures now.

Here's my question: *Edited for more detail

Can you offer any insight into the so-called "Ross" phenomenon in which so many items - be they previously considered canceled such as the RoC Polar Sharc, Lava Pod and Tiger Rat or in some cases brand new such as the PoC Black HISS and VAMP - appear to by-pass the large, "first tier" retailers completely and should this represent any concern for collectors as to retailer support of the line as a whole especially in light of what appears to be Walmart's nation-wide dropping of the Joe line from current planograms?

Edited by Dake, 15 March 2011 - 12:32 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#4 invinible

invinible
  • Citizen
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

Will the G.I.Joe: Renegades show ever cross-over with any other shows on the HUB?

#5 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20682 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

What is with the Blowtorch and Croc Master figures from upcoming Pursuit of Cobra waves being nigh-identical to the old ones released in the 25th Anniversary line?

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#6 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17413 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(invinible @ Mar 15 2011, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will the G.I.Joe: Renegades show ever cross-over with any other shows on the HUB?

You might as well just out and say Prime. What other show would you be talking about? MLP?

ZacWilliam, also the answer is no.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#7 invinible

invinible
  • Citizen
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Mar 15 2011, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You might as well just out and say Prime. What other show would you be talking about? MLP?

Well, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the most popular show on the HUB at this time and it was the winner of the 2010 best new show award. So I think any show that crosses over with it will have an instant ratings boost for at least 1 episode.

#8 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:40 PM

Actually, someone could make a case for a "Dan Vs." crossover in which Dan squares off against Cobra Enterprises.

#9 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42479 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

Hasbro Studios isn't listed amongst the production team for Dan Vs., so it may just be a show that the Hub airs, not a show that they make.

Which may mean that they have little control over what actually goes into any given episode.

#10 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66363 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE(invinible @ Mar 15 2011, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the most popular show on the HUB at this time and it was the winner of the 2010 best new show award. So I think any show that crosses over with it will have an instant ratings boost for at least 1 episode.

Is there actual facts and evidence for this or is this your own presumption because there is such a hard on it here and some other places for it?

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#11 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4656 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

With the toyline seeing a packaging change in the fall 2011 assortments, will the change be a "hard reset" (similar to the ending of Rise of Cobra and the start of Pursuit of Cobra, where the prior SKUs were replaced with new ones) or a "soft reset" (the transition from 25th figures to "Modern Era" figures, meaning the same SKU for both packaging styles)?

#12 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66363 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Mar 16 2011, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there actual facts and evidence for this or is this your own presumption because there is such a hard on it here and some other places for it?

Randy

I'm definitely call bull jive on this unless you have some solid numbers for ratings (and not speculation about rampant fandom niche). I would tend to think given the popularity of the franchise, that Transformers Prime is probably their #1 cartoon on currently. But I'd like to be proven wrong.

Here's a question:

Given the upcoming Skystriker release, are their any other classic vehicles you would like to restore or revisit in the modern era (please give examples)?

ACItEK8.png

#13 invinible

invinible
  • Citizen
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Mar 16 2011, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Randy

Actually Nick and More did a poll on which was the best new show from 2010. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was leading the entire time during round 1. And in round 2, it had twice the number of votes as the other 9 finalists combined.

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66363 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

Ah I see. But web polls do not equal ratings. So while it may have the very vocal fanbase, it doesn't necessarily mean it has the highest ratings. icon-hotrod.gif

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#15 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19319 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:08 AM

Here's another: Has a decision been made yet in regards to whether Zarana will be made available to all the many desiring fans or limited to a select few, leaving the rest disappointed once again?

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#16 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5432 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:36 AM

ARE we going to see that SAW Viper?
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#17 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Back in the late 1980s, a series of "motorized action packs" was released.

These were backpacks that had a wind-up motor in them, enabling the backpack to fulfill some sort of secondary function, such as "anti-aircraft station" or "helicopter pack."

Would it be feasible to release more of these for the modern-day?

#18 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39220 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

About what ratio of figures are all or mostly new molds (the new Destro, for example) as opposed to strictly mixed-and-matched from existing figures (Rock Viper) these days?

What was the reasoning behind releasing an only slightly different Croc Master figure? The first wasn't particularly hard to come across nor seemed to have loads of fan demand past its release.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#19 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(Dake @ Mar 19 2011, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's another: Has a decision been made yet in regards to whether Zarana will be made available to all the many desiring fans or limited to a select few, leaving the rest disappointed once again?

I like this one, although I'd rephrase it to be a little less confrontational:

Has a decision been made yet in regards to whether Zarana will be made available at mass retail, or will she be a convention exclusive? Since she tops a lot of the "most wanted" lists and "when will we see --" questions, it seems like a lot of new tooling for a very limited release that most of the people who want will not be able to get.

I'd also like to suggest this one:

Last year fans were assured that a mass retail Sgt. Slaughter was being "looked into." Did anything come of that? Is there a chance that a more widely-available version of this popular character will be released?

Edited by Lukeblast, 20 March 2011 - 11:04 AM.

#20 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42479 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

Oh, c'mon! You all know that Zarana is going to be the first question at the Hasbro Designers panel at JoeCon icon-fire.gif icon-waspy.gif