Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

@  Otaku : (18 September 2020 - 08:19 PM)

The failed Hasbroverse reminds me how so many things could have been spun off from Transformers: Animated and (after that) Transformers: Prime.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Requiem of the Wreckers was post-Revolution, but it was also, you know, a single issue.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM)

But Roche didn't have a series to keep out from the crossovers since Sins of the Wreckers was before Revolution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Oh wait, that post said Roche, not Barber.

@  Rycochet : (18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM)

And then seemed surprised nobody particlarly wanted it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 10:25 AM)

Wasn't Barber among the editorial guys that pushed for Hasbroverse?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 10:19 AM)

He did it possibly due to 616 Spider-Mans marriage reset between Civil War and Secret Invasion.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 09:20 AM)

Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man because it was mostly set far away from Earth?

@  -LittleAutob... : (18 September 2020 - 08:49 AM)

I'm learning so much-

@  Maruten : (18 September 2020 - 04:21 AM)

At its worst it was better than MASK, sure.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 02:15 AM)

At it's worst it still stomped all over the failed Hasbroverse. Roberts and Roche kept their respective series well out of that one for the same reasons Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man when Loeb and Miller wanted greater control for Ultimatum.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2020 - 06:37 PM)

That's so accurate it's physically painful.

@  Rycochet : (17 September 2020 - 02:05 PM)

The Red Dwarf of Transformers? An interesting, innovative and genuinely funny series that descended into a self referential mess of cliches that continues long after it should have been put out to pasture and rendered nerly everyone thoroughly unlikeable? That seems about right.

@  Bass X0 : (17 September 2020 - 01:59 PM)

MTMTE and Lost Light are the Red Dwarf of Transformers stories, as opposed to the others which are more like Star Wars and Star Trek.

@  Kalidor : (17 September 2020 - 01:37 PM)

Anyone in CONUS want a Skylynx for $100 shipped?

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 September 2020 - 01:34 PM)

Maybe an acquired taste in that's in that it's from a fan raised on the UK run where Transformers wasn't taken so seriously in many stories, especially some Earthforce standalones.

@  Paladin : (17 September 2020 - 09:47 AM)

so, terrible?

Photo

Nick's TMNT (2012) CGI-animated TV series

2091 replies to this topic

#2061 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31029 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:27 AM

Just finished watching the new two-parter.

Well, that got needlessly epic-in-scale after the first part. We went from a modestly-sized hunt-for-the-bad-guy story coupled with a multi-faction team up of good guys in the first part... to a finale-level alien invasion story (for the fourth time in this show) in the second part. I wouldn't mind as much if A) there had been more of a steady buildup to the invasion rather than just immediately dropping it on us out of nowhere at the eleventh hour of Part 1, and B) if this actually had been a season/mid-season finale instead of just another ordinary episode coming a mere 5-6 episodes into the season.

And, frankly, I am not the biggest fan of this show's version of 

Spoiler

Edited by Sabrblade, 19 June 2017 - 10:27 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2062 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8292 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:25 PM

That was a fun 2 parter. The storyboarding in the second episode was phenomenal!!!

I kinda hope Bishop stays just an Utrom Skeleton-with-shades. He had such a dynamic look in that last scene.

#2063 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36788 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

Just finished watching the new two-parter.

Well, that got needlessly epic-in-scale after the first part. We went from a modestly-sized hunt-for-the-bad-guy story coupled with a multi-faction team up of good guys in the first part... to a finale-level alien invasion story (for the fourth time in this show) in the second part. I wouldn't mind as much if A) there had been more of a steady buildup to the invasion rather than just immediately dropping it on us out of nowhere at the eleventh hour of Part 1, and B) if this actually had been a season/mid-season finale instead of just another ordinary episode coming a mere 5-6 episodes into the season.

And, frankly, I am not the biggest fan of this show's version of 

Spoiler

Drops it on you? They blatently talk about how he attacked the Salarians and wanted revenge. Mona was just about to explain more when they saw Sal and Mikey getting attacked. It's not the best foreshadowing, but it doesn't 'drop outta nowhere' either. Them talking about him is pretty much a Chekov's gun. 

Like Confuzor, i rather enjoyed this. This isn't meant to be a season with a story arc anyway. Its just a collection of multi-part stories and not all will be post season-4; Like one future story involves the Turtles as kids. There's no building up to anything. This was likely the only time they were gonna tie up this loose end (Ralph and Mona's relationship) and did it in a really well done way the world builds and gives us a really well done final fight with an annoying villain from last season. I'm glad they really didn't put any more focus on him, and just lests him serve his purpose here. Also it not being any kinda season finale or anything is a benefit, too many times that's been their go to for 'epic conclusion' or even mid-season finales. 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#2064 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8292 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:22 PM

First episode of the Samurai Turtles arc started.

Usagi didn't sound like I expected, but his model was very nice. His robes actually felt like outer clothing and not like stuff he's modeled into (most of the human characters).

Overall I'm impressed at the amount of new models/environments on display here, even if the horse animation was a bit stiff.

Any idea how long this arc will last?

Edited by Confuzor, 24 July 2017 - 01:22 PM.

#2065 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9628 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

Wikipedia has it going another two episodes followed by the "Lone Rat and Cubs" episode that has Splinter telling the kid turtles more of the beginning just past their mutation.

And actually it looks like we have a synopsis for the last half of the season to go with.

Spoiler

Edited by Daith, 24 July 2017 - 03:04 PM.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#2066 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31029 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

Spoiler

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2067 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9628 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

Ok out of left field and something I completely glossed over a while back on Wikipedia, We had a prime time 3 episode run with Raph and Donnie in a post mutant apocalypse Mad Max story last week. No time travel or such involved. It was just a "What If" story.

Spoiler

#2068 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8292 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:08 PM

Oh joy, my Dvr decided to not record it...

#2069 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5289 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:03 PM

Ok out of left field and something I completely glossed over a while back on Wikipedia, We had a prime time 3 episode run with Raph and Donnie in a post mutant apocalypse Mad Max story last week. No time travel or such involved. It was just a "What If" story.

Spoiler

I thought it was great too! I really, really enjoyed it.

--SoS

#2070 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67790 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:57 AM

Oh joy, my Dvr decided to not record it...

Mine has decided to miss like half the episodes over the last couple of months.

The ones it missed are not available to watch on demand either.

ACItEK8.png

#2071 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10888 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:22 AM

I shall have to check mine as well.

#2072 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8292 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:39 AM

Ive seen advertisements for some Bebop and Rocksteady dvd. Theyre advertising it like "catch it before its on tv" so I'm assuming its just a few episodes they're releasing individually for some reason.

#2073 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9628 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

Um guys check today on Nicktoons. They were advertising the start of the Halloween monster arc for tonight at 8 I believe.

And ya I saw the Bebop and Rocksteady DVD. Almost picked it up until I realized it only had the Bebop and Rocksteady arc and Lone Rat and Cubs.

Edited by Daith, 27 September 2017 - 11:47 AM.

#2074 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31029 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:38 AM

Is anybody else getting a little tired of the inconsistent usage of the word "destroy(ed)" as a substitute for "kill"/"died"/"death"/etc. when those very same words just end up getting used in the same proper context anyway? This practice was all over this Mutant Apocalypse episode as it has been throughout the rest of the show before it as well. Is there some kind of limit as to how many times this show can actually use "kill"/"died"/"death"/etc. before the censors come cracking down on them or something? I mean, this isn't broadcast television it's cable television. And this show has gone into some pretty disturbing stuff before, arguably much more disturbing than the words "kill"/"died"/"death"/etc. So what's with the haphazard use of "destroy(ed)" as a forced/unnatural-sounding replacement?

#2075 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6350 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

I don't know, but

Spoiler

Edited by SwiftEagle, 28 September 2017 - 10:03 AM.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#2076 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15562 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

I had trouble finding this thread earlier.

Holy crap Mutant Apocalypse was wicked awesome. I hope IDW has a few comics set in that world showing what happened to other characters after the end.

I don't care for it as a singular epilogue to the series, of course, it's a bit too dark for me, just a possible timeline. 

Woooo!

#2077 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31029 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

#2078 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8292 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

The 4 part monster story was pretty cool. I loved how slavish to Bela Lugosi they designed Dracula.

I still can't shake that Renet's face looks...odd for some reason. Like her eyes are too close or something.

#2079 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9628 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:33 AM

Gotta find a way to find the last one since the DVR went and forgot to get it the other night. Need to download the Nick App again I guess.

#2080 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31029 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

Gotta find a way to find the last one since the DVR went and forgot to get it the other night. Need to download the Nick App again I guess.

It's on KimCartoon.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users