Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

Photo

The World of Warcraft Thread

4877 replies to this topic

#41 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Let there be night, and damn the sun

• Supporter
  • 44035 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:11 AM

I've been playing a hunter since I started and I've never seen nor heard of that problem. Weird. Although I've stopped using a fox because if a critter gets caught in their tail spin and doesn't die, they'll go hunting for it, occasionally pulling more and causing trouble.

#42 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12026 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:21 AM

I've never had either of my hunters be dumb enough to shoot through walls to pull adds, but they have on occasion decided to fire on random targets. Kind of frustrating.

#43 -VP-

-VP-

Every time it takes my knees out

• Retired Staff
  • 8199 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

And the fun has begun again. I soloed Heroic Halls of Reflection today on my dk..blood spec, full 2h frost dps gear. Using the new glyph, no real reason to go into blood presence that I can find. the heal is big, the resulting blood shield is big, being 85 puts you crit immune to everything anyway. More soloing in the future.

#44 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

Nice, VP. Sounds like fun. icon-hotrod.gif

Speaking of DK's, I knocked the dust off mine late last week. Frost still hits like a truck. And with guild exp bonuses and the heirloom cloak, she is absolutely flying though levels. She hit 82 after only 65 Cata-level quests (and clears of BRC and VP). After she hit 82, she was consistently pushing 5.5-6K in instances, which I considered solid (seeing as how I was out dpsing and damaging higher level toons).

So with a surplus of cash on hand, I decided to powerlevel her Alchemy. She's now an 83, nabbed the neck, ring, and legs from VP, and has a shiny new Alchemist's stone (in addition to the always-on 80 strength elixir from alchemy). She has an absurd 3400 strength with Horn up and is doing over 8K in instances, hitting 10K on bosses about half the time. I think I'm in love. I literally can't wait to get her to 85 and into heroics.
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#45 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4080 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

Had a productive weekend. We actually managed to get TB on Saturday night, so we ran in and destroyed Argoloth. No drops, but at this point he has nothing for me anyway.

On Sunday we went back to Cho'gall. I wasn't sure how we were going to do, but we hit P2 in the first attempt with no issues. A few more tries and then we ended up four shotting him! Unfortunately he dropped the dagger and our Rogue wasn't there. I did managed to make a movie of the fight too.

Afterwards we visited Al'akir. Now that fight is pretty annoying, as there are many instant rng gibs. We did manage to get him to 42%, pretty good for going in there not really knowing what to expect.

#46 -VP-

-VP-

• Retired Staff
  • 8199 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

Grats on the Cho'gall kill. We got him to 15% on 25 man this week. Hopefully he dies soon. Him and Nef are all I need for the Defender title. I couldn't tell fromt eh vid but did you go with 3 tanks or two and a kiter?

#47 -VP-

-VP-

• Retired Staff
  • 8199 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

Sarth 10 man soloed...had to get a guildy to help with Shadron since he bugs, but all the other drakes and trash died easily.

#48 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4080 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE(-VP- @ Feb 21 2011, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Grats on the Cho'gall kill. We got him to 15% on 25 man this week. Hopefully he dies soon. Him and Nef are all I need for the Defender title. I couldn't tell fromt eh vid but did you go with 3 tanks or two and a kiter?

Thanks! We used two tanks, two healers and just standard AoE'ing, along with a couple of knock backs. The DPS constraints are very tight here. We tried a few different combinations before got one that worked, that being have our Resto Druid got Boomkin, as even though our Shammy usually goes Enhance on 2 heal fights, needing to get those slimes down asap is that important. The one of the problems with this fight is that sometimes you can get a really bad Worship, and the slimes will be right on you. With them being a huge source of corrupted blood, things can get hectic getting them down. Phase 2 is actually not that bad if you keep interrupts on the tentacles. Sunbeam, Typhoon, Avenging Shield are all great there if you get Cho'gall into one of the little cubbies, since the tentacles are then all grouped up. The main thing in that phase is the amount of damage being put out is insane, the healers are under a huge amount of pressure here. I vated our Shammy and his mana bar pretty much stayed at the same percentage while the vate was on him before crashing again. Took us about a minute and a half and that was the breaking point, a few more seconds and it would have been a wipe.

It does show off one of the reasons why I am not so fond of this fight, composition is just so restrictive here, it really is dangerously going towards "bring the class not the player" on a normal mode fight, even if he is an end boss. Probably the main reason I am not minding' learning Al'akir, I fully expect to die in main cheap ways, but that is all mechanics, so you can pretty much bring any group to it.

We also unlocked the ability to do Hard Modes in BoT, but I am really hesitant to start those. Most of them in 10 are pretty much mathematically impossible, and I don't want to put the raid through something like that. That being said, Halfus should be doable, when we get some more upgrades.

#49 Big Show

Big Show

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:52 AM

Our team leader's wife had babies! She gave birth to twins yesterday early in the morning. They were very premature and are in NICU, but word is that mom and babies are doing well. Nevertheless, I'm guessing that dad will be spending a lot more time with babies than he will healing his favorite Paladin Tank, even after the babies come home form the hospital.

So it looks like yours truly has inherited a raid team.

Although to be honest, the word from many of the team members is that it's been my team for several weeks. icon-fire.gif

So we had our most successful raid night last night. 2-shot Magmaw (should have been a 1-shot, but our Enh shaman had a glitch during chains, was thrown, and had Magmaw disappeared ><), 1-shot Omnitron, got Maloriak down on what was really only our second day working on him, and went and 1-shot Halfus. As the icing on the cake, we got yet another epic trash drop, the tank gun-which made our warrior very happy. We are looking at Atrimedes and Conclave for thursday. I got some really nice whispers from various people on the team patting me on the back for my job as new team leader. It felt really damn good, especially after the issues we had when we were just starting raiding. We are on one hell of a roll, and I'm actually looking forward to raiding each week.

And for the record, we have an official raid song. It's Benny Lava. Youtube it. You will be physically incapable of being in a bad mood starting a raid after listening to that.

Edited by Big Show, 23 February 2011 - 09:07 AM.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a hierarchy.

#50 -VP-

-VP-

• Retired Staff
  • 8199 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

Cho'Gal 25 down, woot!

#51 Big Show

Big Show

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:17 AM

Congrats, VP!

The DK class is officially insane. I hit 85 on mine last night. There was a heroic group forming in guild. I joked "once I have another 5 points in avg ilvl, I'm game!". I then get a group invite. So instead of being a good little dead girl and farming/crafting gear to hit 329, I promptly hit the AH and bought the cheapest 339 PVP gear up there. One Redsteel helm from the guild bank later, and we were in Lost City. icon-hotrod.gif

I then managed to push 8.6K overall, 10 to 11K on the bosses. In sub-333 blues and greens with no gems or enchants (save for the one red gem in my Alchemist's Stone and my rune on the CoC sword, my only decent pieces aside from the holiday 346 neck). Our tank asked me if I was DW or 2H, and I linked my Ogre Obliterator. He said Unholy was better for 2H, and I explained that I probably wasn't going to bother learning another rotation for a 4th alt as long as I was hitting 16/17K on any given pull. icon-fire.gif

It was a nice run-nabbed boots, tank ring, dps ring, and the Mastery BoE trinket. I'm really looking forward to getting her into more runs and gettign her gear improved to see just how hard I can hit when all is said and done.

But now down to brass tacks. I know I will be trying for a couple of good 1H strength weapons, but I have also heard that 2H Frost was viable. It seems to be serving me pretty damn well thusfar. How do they stack up?
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a hierarchy.

#52 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:20 AM

http://www.mmo-champ...-gurub-are-back!

Remnants of the Gurubashi Tribe
Originally released in Patch 1.7, the classic 20-man raid Zul'Gurub will open its gate once again, bringing new stories, new encounters and fully refined items! Zul'Gurub is now a level-85 Heroic 5-man dungeon, to help the Cataclysm dungeons provide a higher tier of contents. Players may find level 353 epic items in this Heroic dungeon. You have to meet a mininum average item level of 346 to enter it.

The Return of Zul'Aman
The fan-favorite level 70 10-man raid Zul'Aman is also reborn as a level-85 Heroic 5-man dungeon. Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub will both appear in the Heroic Dungeon list in the LFD tool, providing level 353 epic loot. You also have to meet a mininum average item level of 346 to enter.

Since Zul'Aman is back, you might be curious on whether the rare mounts will be back? Yes, we're proud to annouce that new rare-drop Raptor, Tiger and Warbear mount will be available, while the old mounts still have their unique beauty in hand. We will share a lot more on obtaining the new mounts.

hmmm.. i might come back O:

#53 Big Show

Big Show

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:25 AM

Oh, yeah. Forgot to mention the ZA and ZG news. I'm really stoked about that. Of course the revelation about the mounts is incredibly exciting. Probably the most attractive element of adding the dungeons. But honestly, I'm almost as excited about the addition of 353 epics to heroics and the idea of having more 'new' content. The new dungeons are fine, but they are frankly boring at this point with everyone knowing the fights and being geared enough to overcome mistakes. They are old hat. Save for Deadmines, of course. That place can do no wrong in my eyes. icon-fire.gif

Edited by Big Show, 24 February 2011 - 08:31 AM.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a hierarchy.

#54 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

the new Ragnaros...is kinda laughable in my opinion XD TINY STUBBY LEGS!

#55 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8373 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:19 AM

Starting to see the downsides of a small F&F type guild. One of the few tanks thats ever around is frankly.. not that great. They dont mark, they refuse to use DBM because its a "crutch", dosnt have a mic, and flubs up encounters on even non-heroic cata content despite being almost raid geared. But you try and bring it up to anyone and its all just swept under the rug because they dont want to hurt the tanks feelings. We've been doing ICC for practice and ive watched them cause us wipe on the LK fight so many times now.. and of course its never their fault. Its the healers or its people for not calling out in chat tht they have the plague or are being carried away. Its just gotten tiresome.

#56 Big Show

Big Show

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

That's a tough spot, Murray.

As a tank, you need to be comfortable with *all* the pressure squarely on your shoulders. Many tanks develop big heads because like it or not, we have the most responsibility in pretty much anything we do. A good tank can get many groups through content they probably shouldn't get through, while a bad tank is a group killer.

As I am quickly learning, a 'casual' raid group is a really fine line to walk. Generally it's all friends. So, it makes it very tough to try to correct issues without coming off like a total d-bag. But if you want to be successful, it has to be done. If it's a dpser, you can probably fudge with an underperfomer. The better dps can compensate. Less so with an underperforming healer, but with 3-you can manage. You can't go with a bad tank. Just not happening. You have to decide what the focus of your group is. Are you all content with screwing around and just 'having fun', or do you want to progress through raid bosses? If you want to eventually get into raiding (even on a semi-serious basis), you need to figure out how to approach your tank and get them to figure out their stuff. There is a way to help people improve without coming off like a dick or make it seem that you are coming down on them.

And if your tank can't take constructive criticism, you may want to find a new tank and have that guy run his offspec. Not communicating on Vent and not using DBM are basically unacceptable.

Edited by Big Show, 24 February 2011 - 09:48 AM.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a hierarchy.

#57 -VP-

-VP-

• Retired Staff
  • 8199 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(Big Show @ Feb 24 2011, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats, VP!

The DK class is officially insane. I hit 85 on mine last night. There was a heroic group forming in guild. I joked "once I have another 5 points in avg ilvl, I'm game!". I then get a group invite. So instead of being a good little dead girl and farming/crafting gear to hit 329, I promptly hit the AH and bought the cheapest 339 PVP gear up there. One Redsteel helm from the guild bank later, and we were in Lost City. icon-hotrod.gif

I then managed to push 8.6K overall, 10 to 11K on the bosses. In sub-333 blues and greens with no gems or enchants (save for the one red gem in my Alchemist's Stone and my rune on the CoC sword, my only decent pieces aside from the holiday 346 neck). Our tank asked me if I was DW or 2H, and I linked my Ogre Obliterator. He said Unholy was better for 2H, and I explained that I probably wasn't going to bother learning another rotation for a 4th alt as long as I was hitting 16/17K on any given pull. icon-fire.gif

It was a nice run-nabbed boots, tank ring, dps ring, and the Mastery BoE trinket. I'm really looking forward to getting her into more runs and gettign her gear improved to see just how hard I can hit when all is said and done.

But now down to brass tacks. I know I will be trying for a couple of good 1H strength weapons, but I have also heard that 2H Frost was viable. It seems to be serving me pretty damn well thusfar. How do they stack up?

I recently went back to 2h frost, mainly because I have been absolutely terrible on one hand weapon drops, but also the unholy presence reduce global makes the spec flow much better. With the upcoming change to Blood of the North (blood runes are permanently death runes as frost) 2h should be able to go back to frost presence, and if they don't revert the damage boost Might of the frozen waste got in 4.0.6, 2h hand should pull just ahead.

#58 Big Show

Big Show

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:48 AM

Great. Thanks for the info, VP.
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a hierarchy.

#59 Automan2000

Automan2000

Liberati tutumet ex infernis

• Supporter
  • 4449 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Goblez @ Feb 24 2011, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Originally released in Patch 1.7, the classic 20-man raid Zul'Gurub will open its gate once again, bringing new stories, new encounters and fully refined items! Zul'Gurub is now a level-85 Heroic 5-man dungeon, to help the Cataclysm dungeons provide a higher tier of contents. Players may find level 353 epic items in this Heroic dungeon. You have to meet a mininum average item level of 346 to enter it.

The Return of Zul'Aman
The fan-favorite level 70 10-man raid Zul'Aman is also reborn as a level-85 Heroic 5-man dungeon. Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub will both appear in the Heroic Dungeon list in the LFD tool, providing level 353 epic loot. You also have to meet a mininum average item level of 346 to enter.

Since Zul'Aman is back, you might be curious on whether the rare mounts will be back? Yes, we're proud to annouce that new rare-drop Raptor, Tiger and Warbear mount will be available, while the old mounts still have their unique beauty in hand. We will share a lot more on obtaining the new mounts.

Damn.. I was hoping they would wait a little longer before flushing this xpac down the same crapper that WOTLK did. Oh well, my sub isn't going to stay active for much longer.

#60 awa64

awa64
  • Citizen
  • 12625 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(Automan2000 @ Feb 24 2011, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Goblez @ Feb 24 2011, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Return of Zul'Aman

Damn.. I was hoping they would wait a little longer before flushing this xpac down the same crapper that WOTLK did. Oh well, my sub isn't going to stay active for much longer.

Care to elaborate on that nonsequiter?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users