Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (15 July 2020 - 11:04 AM)

'Take that! People who care about things!'

@  Rycochet : (15 July 2020 - 11:02 AM)

With Brian, he stopped being the voice of reason and started to be the right wing notion of a liberal, someone who's lazy, pretentious, doesn't work at anything, is every bit as abusive as the rest of the cast and only wins arguments with strawmen.

@  Otaku : (15 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

Of course, I stopped enjoying Family Guy around that time, so my bias is clear. XP

@  Otaku : (15 July 2020 - 10:54 AM)

Is it because they changed or we changed?  Stuff that was charming, or at least, funny at first can get really annoying the longer you know a person... and I find that can go for fictional characters as well.

@  ▲ndrusi : (15 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

familyguyjar.png

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 July 2020 - 03:45 AM)

One example is Family Guy where around season 8 Brian is suddenly reviled by everyone and has acted way out of character since.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 July 2020 - 03:44 AM)

My least favorite thing in fiction is when it changes hands so you get a author, writer or showrunner who hates a character or messes with a arc/layout.

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I shot the sheriff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:24 PM)

han wasn't even in the movie until later

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:23 PM)

the stormtroopers shot first

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Maclunkey

@  Paladin : (14 July 2020 - 06:18 AM)

the correct answwer to "who shot first" will always be "Harrison Ford if he ever hears that hugging question again."

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 July 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Han shot first. Plain and simple.

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

Photo

The World of Warcraft Thread

4910 replies to this topic

#4881 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Our defiance drives us straight to the edge

• Supporter
  • 47435 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:00 AM

How often does anyone on either faction actually answer for any wrongdoing, though? The closest I can think of is Garrosh, and even then, he technically escaped justice, even if he did get killed off later.

#4882 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4160 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:47 AM

From the really limited shots we have seen of the Jailer, it is chained up.  I am guessing the position is both a warden and also prisoner.  If Sylvanas takes over its role, that would mean the same situation for her, so also locked up at the end.

#4883 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1857 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:02 AM

That could be the Jailer's entire motivation then - gather enough power to free itself.

#4884 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6634 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:16 PM

If we don't get to actually kill her. I'll take killing Nathanos as a consolation prize.

#4885 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 28961 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:46 PM

I will sign up for that raid over and over and over again.  Not getting anything?  I don't care.

Ironbite-I'm killing Nathanos until I get bored of it and I'm never getting bored of it.

xC9l3eY.gif

#4886 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8595 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 04 November 2019 - 05:17 PM

If we don't get to actually kill her. I'll take killing Nathanos as a consolation prize.

I mean I'm just gonna point out here that the end of the Loyalist ending has Nathnos saying some stuff that sounds and aweful lot like "this guy is gonna die soon and probably by his lovers hand" and we don't see any hint of him in the Shadowlands stuff.

We also still don't have the final cutscene of BFA and we still haven't fired the Horde mega-canon like we were promised was going to happen last blizcon...

These things might be connected.

#4887 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47915 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:09 PM

We were promised a Dance Studio over a decade ago. Just because something is promised at Blizzcon doesn't mean it'll happen.

Grom Hellscream was going to be the final boss of WoD.

#4888 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Our defiance drives us straight to the edge

• Supporter
  • 47435 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 04 November 2019 - 07:29 PM

I mean I'm just gonna point out here that the end of the Loyalist ending has Nathnos saying some stuff that sounds and aweful lot like "this guy is gonna die soon and probably by his lovers hand" and we don't see any hint of him in the Shadowlands stuff.

We also still don't have the final cutscene of BFA and we still haven't fired the Horde mega-canon like we were promised was going to happen last blizcon...

These things might be connected.

If we get to fire Nathanos out of the cannon, I might resub just for that.

#4889 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 861 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:47 AM

I don't have a max level Horde character, so my dislike of Nathanos is probably lesser than some of you... but I'm looking forward to Bolvar kicking his head in. And Sylvanys'. And controlling the Scourge even without the Helm out of sheer Mustache Power. And lots of other things.

Bolvar Fordragon is due some time to shine, is what I'm saying.

I also hope that a) Blizz cleans up all the currencies and random drops and crafting mats in BfA that are making things more complicated than necessary, and that b) they stop doing that shit going forward. Oh, and c) that they start being a decent company at some point before my current 6 months is up so that I can actually continue to play.

#4890 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 28961 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:16 PM

Oh anyone thinking that this raid is gonna be hard...don't.  It's just a simple little jaunt into 3 bosses that you don't even kill.

Ironbite-no wonder it's LFR.

xC9l3eY.gif

#4891 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6634 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:03 PM

Yeah wasn't hard.  Got my Worldbreaker mount and surprisingly the Firelands mount Ragnaros drops was one of my loot chest rewards.  So that was a cool bonus.

Loving old style Alterac Valley too.

#4892 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4160 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:45 AM

I only was able to do BC and WotL last night.  BC was simple, but Northland did have a couple things a LFR group managed to screw up.  The first attempt most of the raid refused to do the Heigan dance, so wipe.

Anubarak managed to murder a bunch of people in his submerge phase, even with a few of us trying to create as many frost patches as possible for that phase.  Some people ignored the pathes entirely, and of course ended up dead.

Then we got to Arthas.  Defile of course caused the first wipe, it filled all most the entire platform, literally my Moonkin was the only one left cause he was able to DPS at the edge cause of having extra range, which meant Arthas came running after me an proceeded to murder me when everyone else was dead.  Second try, well the group didn't mess with the defile, but most people refused to kill frozen orbs, which luckily I could control, and then 75% of the raid died when the floor dropped out.  I admit that did cause me to cackle on Discord with my two of my guildmates I queued with, we all managed to survive and then finish off Arthas.

It was admittedly fun, and a great way to get gear pieces, since the range is 420-440.  Also, fighting Arthas makes me wish I had the tools I had now back then when I fought him originally.  Starsurge just shattered the frost orbs, and my Starfall was able to cover every time Arthas summoned the spirits instead of having to wait for the cooldown and only able to use it for every other batch.

Also remember everyone with the event up there is a 15% bonus to experience and leveling.  Pair that up with the Darkmoon fair buff and you could get a ton of both.  This is especially nice if you are working on getting some of the reps up for an allied race to be unlocked.

#4893 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:25 AM

Yeah, BC was simple, Cata was mostly easy - just adds phase on Rag caused problems- but LK was on the difficult side. They definitely skipped a lot of the harder mechanics, though. And I've seen quite a few reports of people getting rare mounts from the chests, so maybe they're at a higher drop rate? Or it could just be confirmation bias.

Embarrassingly, I did die the first time out on Nef, because I had looked away for a moment and didn't know it started with P2.

Old Alterac Valley is interesting to do again. Not fun, necessarily, but interesting. Needing to get 10 or so wins to get the mount is a bit much.

#4894 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8595 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:33 PM

Oh Bliz. N'zoth is mostly just a really big jpeg in a skybox. He used to be actually attached to the Naj map but now hes 90% a jpeg in a skybox. That's not even what skyboxes are for Bliz.

#4895 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1857 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:39 AM

Now I'm picturing an original Doom style skybox where you're actually playing Doom but with a WoW skin

#4896 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8595 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:16 PM

Goodbye Big Boi Brontosaur. Going away in 8.3 and moving to the black market.

#4897 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47915 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

If I had 5 mil to splurge, I wouldn't buy the Bronto anyway.

Now if I had 5 mil, I might drop 72k on the Proudmoore Gryphon or 10k for the Swole Horse.

#4898 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 40128 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 01 March 2020 - 06:53 PM

So I got my wife back into this game. 

It looks like I won't have my PC that much for the next month.... 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#4899 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 28961 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 03:41 PM

I'm sorry?

Ironbite-what's she running as?

xC9l3eY.gif

#4900 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 40128 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 02 March 2020 - 05:00 PM

She plays as a healer. I think that she is an alliance priest.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users