Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

@  unluckiness : (18 May 2019 - 08:53 AM)

ow the edge

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 07:03 AM)

a reminder that life is an unrepentant hellscape where everyone & everything you know will eventually betray you.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:45 AM)

You know, this election is what has finally broken me of any confidence at any point of pre-polling data. I mean, it's always been sketchy, but this is just... aaaargh!

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:08 AM)

I was going to make an Auspol election thread in P&R, but the outcome so far has made me feel physically ill.

@  Gamma V : (18 May 2019 - 03:28 AM)

Haven't been here in a long time.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 03:16 AM)

I have heard that, it's rather disappointing. Ah, maybe they'll just leech each others stores of "awful racist vote" and not go anywhere.

Photo

The World of Warcraft Thread

4871 replies to this topic

#4841 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27555 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:19 PM

Ironbite-welcome back Thrall....can I get some Alliance content in this expansion please?

xC9l3eY.gif

#4842 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 45480 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:34 PM

BfA really is Pandaria 2.0. Right down to the Warchief sending out assassins to anyone who vaguely seems threatening.

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#4843 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 27555 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:50 PM

HE WENT TO FREAKING OUTLAND TO GET AWAY!  SYLVANAS HE DIDN'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU YOU PARANOID NUTTER!

Ironbite-so when does the Panda show up to get impaled?

xC9l3eY.gif

#4844 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Let there be night, and damn the sun

• Supporter
  • 44026 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:44 PM

To be fair, it's not a hard stretch to believe that someone would eventually go looking for Thrall when Sylvanas went openly off the deep end.

Now if only she'd sent a competent assassin instead of a pair of redshirts....

#4845 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12024 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

What interested me was the presentation of rogue stealth as literal invisibility. I always figured the ability represented (in a way that could be used in a game) a combination of misdirection, slight of eye, keeping to the shadows and moving in a way to avoid detection, not, y'know, actually becoming completely invisible. Yes, I know you can stealth in the middle of a brightly lit room with fifty guards looking directly at you, but that's more game play license than anything else.

#4846 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4079 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:26 PM

Ironbite-welcome back Thrall....can I get some Alliance content in this expansion please?

The best thing about this cinematic is it pretty much means Sylvanas is toast.  She just sent out assassins to kill the guy that allowed her little death cult of personality into the Horde.  Good riddance.

Unrelated, i got into the Classic Beta.  Didn't try to get in it, and not going to bother installing the thing on my machine either.

#4847 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45480 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:06 PM

HE WENT TO FREAKING OUTLAND TO GET AWAY!  SYLVANAS HE DIDN'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU YOU PARANOID NUTTER!

Ironbite-so when does the Panda show up to get impaled?

I'm looking forward to Taran Zhu's cameo only to get riddled with arrows after he talks shit to Sylvanas. Also, Ji Firepaw being beaten within an inch of his life...again.

Also - Thrall's in Outland. Can we take a moment to appreciate the idiocy of going to a dying world literally collapsing into the Twisted Nether to raise a family?

The best thing about this cinematic is it pretty much means Sylvanas is toast.  She just sent out assassins to kill the guy that allowed her little death cult of personality into the Horde.  Good riddance.

It just hit me though...we didn't see Thrall's wife or kids. Think the assassins got to them?

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know

#4848 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 27555 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:20 PM

Knowing Blizzard...they forgot about 'em.

Ironbite-or they're in Daleran.

xC9l3eY.gif

#4849 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12024 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:20 PM

Given the way he was cagey about them being "nearby" and that Thrall just up and leaves without leaving word, it's possible they're already dead, though that'd be a piss-poor way to end that particular narrative thread.

#4850 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45480 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:25 PM

So that'll be what they go with then.

Like how Frostmourne breaks just because Tirion believes hard enough.

#4851 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4079 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:47 AM

I all seriousness, Agra and his two kids are likely not being shown because they would need to make new models for all of them, it just wouldn't be worth it. 

In story explanation, maybe they are visiting Greyah.  I am thinking Thrall being cagey about it is he doesn't want his family involved.  While he did look like he was moving to the anvil before the attack happened, seeing that would have convinced him, as his family is now also in danger.  Sylvanas would happily murder them as well and turn them into undead if she had the chance.

#4852 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 27555 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:43 AM

Know how I want this to end?  With Nathaonos realizing that Sylvanas didn't actually save him but mearly transfered his mind into his paladin cousin's body.

Ironbite-and the original personality rises up and puts an arrow in her undead heart.

xC9l3eY.gif

#4853 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Let there be night, and damn the sun

• Supporter
  • 44026 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:33 AM

I want it to end with the Alliance actually doing something productive, but I don't think Blizzard knows how to do that.

#4854 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45480 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:38 AM

Last time I checked in with BfA, the Alliance were too busy managing the fact 75% of them were now refugee populations to really focus on doing much of anything.

There's also the fact Legion really was an Alliance-driven narrative, so fair being fair the Horde ought to get their turn. The problem ultimately is the Horde's getting Pandaria re-runs in terms of content.

#4855 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6413 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:08 PM

I like that Thrall looks like an Orc again.  Not that weird skinny design he had between Catacylsm and now.  Reminds me of Classic Thrall.

So...is he warrior class now?  Pretty sure his Shaman powers have been defunct for the last while.  At any rate.  It was cool to see him. Like seeing an old friend.

Don't know if him being back is permanent or not.  But after Garrosh and Sylvanas. I'd honestly be okay with him taking the mantle back.  Or at least having some sort of leadership role if not Warchief. 

#4856 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4079 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:57 PM

Well looks like Kael WILL be in the anniversary raid, he was mentioned in an interview.

I am kinda scared to see how LFR groups react to wipes on him, since with all the talking, the fight takes so long, and with so many phases, wiping to just go back and redo them is one of the things that made that fight so rough.  At least he should not have issues being tuned for LFR, most of the stuff with him are number values, and the Legendaries importance on the fight can be really downplayed.

At least modern players have some form of training for the final phase of the fight thanks to MT Kael being up during BC Timewalking.  It is Phase 6 when all the advisors are up and Kael joins in if you don't DPS them fast enough that will be the worst part.

#4857 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45480 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

Were it not for the fact I straight up uninstalled the game in its entirety, I'd be tempted to resub just to sit back and laugh at the Kael fight.

#4858 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 27555 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:20 PM

Please do.  Join my guild and watch us fail on this raid.

Ironbite-this year's anniversary is gonna be tight.

xC9l3eY.gif

#4859 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12024 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:41 AM

I really wish Blizz would, if not remove the daily cooldown on transmutation entirely, at least not have it that multiple transmutations (across multiple expansions) share the same bloody daily cooldown timer! It's absurd that Savage Blood from WoD, Living Steel from Pandaria, Living Elements from Cata, and the elemental transmutes from Classic/BC/Wrath all having the same cooldown timer. If each expansion's alchemy had it's own cooldown that would make sense at least kinda.

Dropping the cooldown entirely would be favorite, but I get why it exists for some transmutes since with transmutation mastery and the pre-Cata elemental transmutes you could end up with unlimited Primals/Eternals/whatevers, but honestly I'd rather lose the bonus transmutes on those particular items rather than have a daily cooldown on them. Sure, it'd make it easier to obtain some of those types of elemental materials but come on! That content is over a decade old! Sheesh...

#4860 Glenn

Glenn

The fault in our Stars(Lord)

• Supporter
  • 10522 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:48 AM

Hey if took me 30 days of cool downs to make that mount, it's gonna take everyone 30 days too..

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users