Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (17 October 2019 - 05:22 PM)

I'm not sure how it works on the customer's end. As packers, we sometimes have items that are flagged as "overwrap", which means we absolutely have to put them into a box even if they're already in pretty sturdy manufacturer packaging.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Yeah, I really do wish amazon had an option to upgrade packaging for an extra buck or something. I hate their bubble mailers

@  Benbot : (17 October 2019 - 07:17 AM)

That's how it works. I just hope my order from Amazon doesn't arrive crushed because they idiotically stuffed it in an envelope.

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

Photo

The World of Warcraft Thread

4860 replies to this topic

#21 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1328 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

For some reason every time I see your sig Rust, I can't help being reminded of the quote "You can't have slaughter without laughter."

Also, ever thought about starting your own guild? If other people besides you aren't liking the way things are going, you could always splinter off your own guild. Both my current guild and the previous one were both splinters off a larger guild originally.

Our first raid team was short a couple people tonight, so me and our unholy DK filled in. Didn't do too bad... 4 of our normal 5 bosses, and that's with losing at least a half hour to waiting for a guildie to come back after a DC. (Vent also went down in the middle of our last attempt/kill on Omnitron.) I also did real well on Halfus and actually managed a ranked parse... which I'm kind of proud of, since most of the people who rank on Halfus is because they're on Halfus 99% of the time(typically for interrupts), and I was only on him after the two drakes were down. Pulled 35k that fight, with the damage debuff.

2 Heals and 2 ranged, and we'll have a full team 2. Course it'd be easier to find quality people if half the good guilds on the server weren't also recruiting right now...

#22 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46381 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE(Windsheer @ Feb 9 2011, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, ever thought about starting your own guild? If other people besides you aren't liking the way things are going, you could always splinter off your own guild. Both my current guild and the previous one were both splinters off a larger guild originally.

I know of one other member who is slightly dissatisfied. Everyone else kind of takes it in stride. I know one of our officers just uses the guild to PvP with his Children. As an aside, that's an absolute hoot to listen to over vent. Especially the 7 year old little girl playing a Undead Rogue.

"Just get behind them and push the 1 button, sweetheart. And make sure they're Worgen - the big, hairy guys. If not Worgen, then go after Gnomes. The little short guys."

"I know those! I stays away from hairy guys. They scare me."

A family that kills together stays together, I guess. icon-fire.gif

EDIT: The changes to the dungeon system also is a bit disheartening. Now that regulars give Justice Points - and you get 170 for the initial random - I can see it being even more difficult to put Heroic Groups together (As I still don't trust PUGs in that regard), and I need five Chaos Orbs if I'm going to make my Belt/Chest piece!

Edited by Rust, 09 February 2011 - 06:41 AM.

#23 -VP-

-VP-

Every time it takes my knees out

• Retired Staff
  • 8199 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE(Rust @ Feb 9 2011, 05:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A family that slays together stays together, I guess. icon-fire.gif

Fixed that for ya icon-waspy.gif

#24 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:22 AM

So the server was pretty stable yesterday, so we formed up for the raid. Unfortunately, we were down 2 healers, one of them being the team leader. So we grabbed a couple of folks from guild (which was easy since the other team isn't raiding this week). Knocked out BH, sharded both pieces that dropped, and decided to head to Magmaw. It was kind of funny to be 3-healing with 3 Shaman. That was a LOT of Healing Rain. icon-hotrod.gif We 3-shot him, with one of the wipes due to one of our melee hitting a lag spike when he was supposed to be getting the chains. We got him down, my wife got a healy belt for her shaman and the Symbiotic Worm dropped. I didn't even ask. I just looted it to the other tank. I claimed it was because he didn't have a stam trinket. In actuality, I have been pushing as much gear his way as possible in an effort to help with his squishyness. My wife and I think it is an issue with him not using his cooldowns effectively enough. I'm going to talk to him about it.

So we decided to go hit Halfus because of the favorable drake comp (Nether, Time, and Whelps). We were close to the enrage timer, but we 1-shot him. I know it was arguably the easiest composition possible, but it was still nice to get our first kill as a 1-shot. That, with getting Mag for a second week in a row (officially putting him on farm), made last night a damn good night.

To top it off, we got another 2 BoE epics on Halfus trash (2x mail Spirit legs) for the second week in a row. Those, with the drops off Halfus himself (2 mail pieces, Agi hands and a caster helm), meant that all four Shaman we had in the run got something last night. Kinda funny.
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#25 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46381 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

So I've got a Goblin Rogue at Level 20, with 225 Engineering (Because I'll be damned if I have a Goblin without a flying machine!). So I trekked to Tanaris and got Goblin Engineering Specialization.

All I can say, between the Goblin Mortar, Explosive Sheep, and Goblin Sapper Charge I'm going to be an annoying, volatile little cuss in PvP. I can't wait till Level 24. icon-fire.gif

Furthermore, anyone leveling lowbie Alts would definitely benefit from Low Level PVP. Yeah the Honor's middling, but the honor prices on the Faction Quartermasters are generally middling too. I picked up a Neckpiece and a pretty potent Trinket (+4 Stamina and it restores 3 Health every 2 Seconds) for a song (40 Honor all together) from the Warsong Outriders. Considering I've been spending all my Max PVP Bracket Levels doing nothing but PVPing (And thus have 300 honor), I felt it was a fair deal. The Neckpiece is nothing to sneeze at either. +6 Agility and +2 or +4 Stamina I believe.

Edited by Rust, 09 February 2011 - 12:31 PM.

#26 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 5239 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

new thread and ret is fixed as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#27 Big Show

Big Show

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

Vengeance is insanely overpowered. Threat really shouldn't be an issue if you are paying attention, even below hit and expertise cap. If missing an occasional charge of Holy Power because of a missed Crusader Strike is preventing you from functioning as a tank, then you have problems. Just saying.

Edited by Big Show, 10 February 2011 - 05:59 PM.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a hierarchy.

#28 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4124 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:30 AM

We didn't do much progression last week because of the Super Bowl, so we made up for it this week. We went back to Chimearon, with an old Druid friend of mine helping out and blew him apart. I got t a video of it too

After that we decided to try the Ascendant Council. I have heard a lot of things about them being really tough and a massive coordination check, so I was pretty much set to spend the night learning them and maybe get them down the next time we see them. I was wrong there, we got them down after five attempts. Even when they formed Captain Planet it was not that bad. Also got to make a video of it, but honestly it ended up being a bit boring, I had to sit in a corner a good chunk of phase two because of one of the mechanics.

Next up, Cho'gal!

As for Paladin tanks needing something I say that's over reacting. Our Pally MT has been doing fine since this patch dropped. On many fights he is the only tank we use and no issues at all cropped up. You can even see him in the videos. Well okay Chimearon got him, but that is part of the fight.

Edited by Monocle, 11 February 2011 - 02:31 AM.

#29 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4124 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:12 AM

Got Deadmines for the random, so I got to finnish something off tonight.

VolcanoDrake.jpg

#30 Big Show

Big Show

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

Ok, boys. Who wants a ride on my Big, Pink Love Rocket first?
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a hierarchy.

#31 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 5239 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:28 PM

The main tank didn't show up for tonight's raid.

good thing I'm geared to tank,

first time raid tanking and we kill the first encounter in the throne of the four winds.

and then we tried Chimeron.
Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#32 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4124 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:59 AM

Chimaeron is pretty much all dependent on the healers. If you have a good bunch of healers you can do it, but if you have meh healing you will get slaughtered. Right now it is actually one of the few fights where the difficultly is balanced well between 10 and 25. Which reminds me...

We did some work on Cho'gall Sunday. We managed to get him to the 25% transition, but the fight is really rough. It is really showing off in some ways how Blizzard messed up the tuning for this Tier in the 10 mans, as it is pretty much the 25 man fight, yet you don't have all the people you get in a 25 around to deal with all the things occurring.

That being said, we should hopefully get him down this week and then move to Al'akir. Nef will be the last target, and he has some similar issues, though in a different direction. At least on that one we do have some stuff to handle the mechanics well just because of our make up. That and it is another really massive healer check, which fortunately we have a bunch of good ones.

After Nef good chance we will hold off on the HM's for a bit, as I am not liking what I am reading about how doable they are in the 10 man versions.

#33 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 5239 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

tanked for a majority of the raid, with the exception of valiona and theralion, and Atramedes.

I also got a nice ret helmet from maloriak.

#34 Big Show

Big Show

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:48 AM

Looks like we are finally starting to get going (slowly but surely). We pugged a pretty darn good Pally healer who seemed like she liked us a lot. Hopefully that means we can actually have a 3rd healer we can depend on going forward.

As for the raid itself, we 1-shot Magmaw for the 2nd week in a row, which was nice. That gave us a bunch of time to get used to the transitions in the Omnitron fight. We were all a lot comfortable with the fight by the time we got it down a little before 10. I know that I was a lot more comfortable calling it. People were transitioning to the next mech in a much more fluid fashion, slimes were getting focused and nuked, and the Arcanotron shield buff was getting spellstolen. The actual kill went almost perfectly. We were all pretty excited.

By 10, I told the raid leader that I wanted to go hit Halfus trash, since raid end time is between 10:30 and 11:00. Given our tremendous luck in drops on Halfus trash (four epics in the last 2 weeks, and 5 total going into last night), it was at least worth a look. Plus, I liked the idea of starting thursday's raid night off on a boss we had previously downed who happened to have a favorable drake comp this week (Storm, Time, and Whelps). Well, the idea paid off, as we got our SIXTH epic drop, the Soul Blade! Since the other tank had the first one that had dropped, I was able to nab this one.

Overall, I would say it was a pretty positive night overall. Sure, we aren't pushing Cho'Gall or anything, but I think that we are finally starting to hit that happy balance of "casual progression" we were shooting for.
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a hierarchy.

#35 Big Show

Big Show

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:21 AM

New post to bump the threat for a little advice.

We were doing Maloriak last night. Simple enough mechanics-collapse on red, spread on blue, nuke adds on green (with some interrupts). No big. So we were trying to release 9 adds for each green phase, but were having some issues. We would allow 3 summons to go though, but the adds wouldn't show up right away (we knew they weren't being interrupted because DBM was announcing "X" Adds Remaining"). Hell, on a few attempts, the third set of adds wasn't showing up until the middle of the damn green phase. So of course, I invariably ended up with 12+ adds on me on any given phase (worst attempt had me with 15 on me all at once. That was bad and hurty.

So I ask these few questions:
1. After we had killed a total of 18 adds, he kept casting the summon and we kept getting adds (prior to phase 2). Is the mechanic that we release a total of 18, kill them, then interrupt all other summons?
2. I we just interrupt all of the summons, will he simply call 18 adds all at once at the beginnng of phase 2?
3. Is there a special way to moderate the spawn times of the adds? Or do they come out whenever the hell they feel like it after a summon has been allowed to go through?

Thanks for any advice you all have.
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a hierarchy.

#36 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1328 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

First off, DBM's counter currently bugs sometimes and miscounts adds. It sometimes counts them even if it's interrupted, so the only surefire way to know how many are out are to count the ones running around after the OT. We found that out after one failed attempt where we saw DBM announcing "-3 Adds remaining" and "-6 Adds remaining."

Second, even though they say they hotfixed, for us last night he still interrupted his add cast himself to run to the cauldron and throw in a vial. With this happening, you can sometimes end up with only 4 attempted summons in the first "rotation" of phases, which can cause problems if you try to stick to something like "always interrupt the first two casts." The safest way we've thought of to handle that, if the healers are up to it, is don't interrupt the summons at all until there are nine out, then interrupt every remaining one until the first green phase. It's also fairly safe to interrupt the very first summon he attempts and let the next three go; then you only worry about the 5th if there actually is one.

As to your other questions? I believe he will still try and cast even if all the adds are out, but it'll do nothing. If you interrupt all the casts, then yeah, you'll get zerg rushed by all 18 adds when phase 2 starts. As to the summon time, I've always seen them pop out right after the summon goes through with very little delay, assuming that nothing interrupted. If you've got a lock running a fel puppy, make sure they're not accidentally interrupting with their pet, as I think that one can interrupt.

#37 Big Show

Big Show

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:47 PM

Thanks Wind.

We aren't running any Locks, so no issues there. As for the summons, I'm focusing him and watching the cast finish-with no adds spawning. It's really weird. I think that next week, we will just let the summons go and only start interrupting after I have 9 adds on me. If they want to pop when the summon happens, great. If they don't want to show until 15-20 seconds later, whatever.

Anyways, even with the issues, we got him to 9% on our best attempt. Not too bad. With that and 1-shotting Halfus before that, we killed 3 bosses this week, having actually learned both the Omni and Maloriak fights. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the week. And it seems that the Pally healer that we pugged will be sticking around. We are all pretty excited by that. Good healer, and she seemed to fit in well with the group.
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a hierarchy.

#38 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1328 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:10 PM

I'd suggest giving Throne of the Four Winds a try as well. Conclave's easier than Omnitron(but then that's not saying a lot) and it's mostly a finesse fight with all the platform hopping. As long as everyone does their job, they should go down smooth, and it'd give everyone a shot at epic rings and belts. We actually went after them(and the twin dragons in BoT) before we did Maloriak the first time. I wouldn't try Al'Akir yet though, with the DPS race in the second phase.

#39 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8464 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

I'm getting really fed up with a bug thats been plaguing my hunter since the begining. Randomly my hunter will just.. decide to shoot something. Completely at random. Tonight had it wipe Heroic SFK When randomly my hunter shot /through/ 2 walls and a staircase at a mob that wasnt even targeted (and I obviously had no LOS on) before or after the shot went off. This was with me /typing/ in the party window which would obviously further make this eventuality an impossiblity as any keypressed would have gone to the chatbar and not the world. Given that im a hunter and this was a pug, I think the sheer impossibleness of this being done on purpose or accidently was about the only thing that kept me from getting labeled a Huntard and being kicked.

#40 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Never to rest, always on a quest

• Supporter
  • 45199 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:11 AM

I've been playing a hunter since I started and I've never seen nor heard of that problem. Weird. Although I've stopped using a fox because if a critter gets caught in their tail spin and doesn't die, they'll go hunting for it, occasionally pulling more and causing trouble.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users