Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (26 May 2019 - 07:12 PM)

Pleasant news.

@  Nevermore : (26 May 2019 - 04:06 PM)

Also, the rising stars are the Greens, especially in Germany.

@  Nevermore : (26 May 2019 - 04:06 PM)

Also, a surprising number of voters showed up to the polls, all across the EU. Which is a good sign.

@  Nevermore : (26 May 2019 - 04:05 PM)

Soooo. Another election day is over. Less stressful than the last one, at least.

@  Nevermore : (25 May 2019 - 05:09 PM)

Oooookay, Babylon Berlin. That's gotta be Plot Convenient News Urgent Edition or something.

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2019 - 12:03 PM)

I had no idea the beeb was renting out the dr.who writting staff to hollywood.

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 11:50 AM)

A poodle, some clouds, and a giant drop of water

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 May 2019 - 05:53 AM)

Was that the one where he fights gamma mutant poodles?

@  unluckiness : (25 May 2019 - 03:14 AM)

The CG in that movie was fantastic. Shame Donkey and Fiona were written out of the movie though.

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Don't worry, though. Ang Lee's Hulk has made it, so if physical media goes this year we can all die happy

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 01:12 AM)

It's not on 4K yet. Sure would be nice, though

@  Pennpenn : (25 May 2019 - 12:56 AM)

Probably, when I remember to.

@  Telly : (24 May 2019 - 11:11 PM)

you should buy it on bluray or 4k

@  Pennpenn : (24 May 2019 - 09:56 PM)

It's still not up on netflix. Bah!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 May 2019 - 03:26 PM)

We named the dog "Indiana".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 May 2019 - 03:25 PM)

Happy 30 years to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade!

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 01:35 PM)

Truly they are the compleat package.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 May 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Made from the metallized ashes of their previous enemies.

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The Toy and Action Figure thread

872 replies to this topic

#841 tec

tec

Put a little spring in your step

• Supporter
  • 30306 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:43 PM

I got one of my Grails Stiletto!

100_3669.JPG

Now my personal MASK like is done

100_3674.JPG

Edited by tec, 27 January 2019 - 05:44 PM.

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#842 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8932 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:38 PM

Ok this skews a bit Young for most of us but How Flipping cool is it that there is an Imagenex Lazarus Pit!

Imagenex Lazarus Pit.jpg

Edited by Daith, 07 February 2019 - 09:38 PM.

#843 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1553 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:32 PM

Considering what Arrow episodes that featured in I doubt that's age appropriate.

Speaking of, Playmobil's Group of Outlaws (or Discount Robin Hood, as I've been told) features a priest (friar, I guess?) who is super into his mead.

I mean, the playset includes mead at all.

I was wondering if the Imaginext Toy Story Pizza van would be a good fit for Spin Master's Off the Hook dolls but I don't really have any way to test that out aside from a direct comparison of the figures (which is impossible to find online).

All that really matters is we could be friends

✰Elon Musk's 'Biggest Fan'✰

#844 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8932 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:35 PM

Well most stories involving the Lazarus Pit are not very young child friendly. I would think it skews more towards the later age of 8 than 3. Of course most kids probably will just have fun playing with their ooze in it than anything else. The actual context of the pit for kids won't even be a factor unless they ask the questions of why Batman and the Funny haired guy are fighting swords near an ooze pit with a snake head. :D

#845 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25836 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:31 PM

3aj1RcJ.jpg

Lego and Bandai Super Mini Pla versions are unbuilt, but ready and waiting ....

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#846 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38506 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:44 PM

SoC GoLion/Voltron basically eliminated my need for another Voltron ever again.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#847 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2544 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:01 PM

UlWTCMU.jpg

Suddenly I want a whole Smash Bros toyline, but just having my Melee Mains is nice. Even if it's sorta weird that two of them have the same general color scheme.

#848 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2116 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

UlWTCMU.jpg

Suddenly I want a whole Smash Bros toyline, but just having my Melee Mains is nice. Even if it's sorta weird that two of them have the same general color scheme.

They 'bout to drop Nintendo's hottest rap album ever.

#849 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7770 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

Ive been working toward one for a while now. I need that Bowser tho. The DK from the same line as well.

#850 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2544 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:09 PM

This might be an option for Bowser.

Also, I can't get over just how big he is!

XIN0JKQ.jpg

There's quite a few World of Nintendo and other stuff I'm now obsessively looking over, but I'd love to be able to get more Smash-specific things like "dark" Dr Mario or that all-green DK from the original game.

#851 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18763 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:05 PM

Man I hope NECA figures out how to get some more of these Tron figures out!

ERMTy6f.jpg

Yh5I9Sc.jpg

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#852 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18560 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:12 AM

ERMTy6f.jpg

Yh5I9Sc.jpg

"Arise, Tronimus Prime..."

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#853 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 21957 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:49 AM

Megatron Prime?

#854 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1553 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:02 AM

This year, I promised myself that I'd collect more dolls. I've always had a semi-obsessive habit of looking into lots and lots of dolls, but I've never really had the time to dig deep and form a real doll collecting habit. I did actually start collecting a line... right as Ever After High imploded in on itself.

Right now I'm not collecting as much physical anime merchandise as before so I've been more diligent in my doll... studies.

Whilst I'm yet to decide on what to do with myself when it comes to collecting more dolls, I do have an interesting story to share about a line called Hairdorables. I wasn't interested in the line initially, I thought (and really, still do think) they verged from 'basic cute' to 'heart-stoppingly creepy'. I only got interested after the announcement of a boy line called HairDUDEables (so clever <_<) due to be released this Fall.

Hairdorables are a series of dolls by Just Play, who make a lot of periphery Barbie products, such as the My Size dolls and the blind packaged pets. They probably got sick of playing second fiddle to Mattel. As they watched Mattel's star as king Queen of the doll isle crumble against various blind-packaged toys and the behemoth that is collectible doll line L.O.L. Surprise, they decided to get in on the game.

Now, it would almost be fair to describe Hairdorables as "L.O.L. Surprise dolls with hair", but there's a lot more to this line. If you don't know what L.O.L. Surprise is, you clearly don't know any young girls (or me, I guess). It's a line of blind-packaged collectible dolls that came in balls, then pill-like cylinders, and now comes in actual cylinders. There's a lot to unpack in the difference between L.O.L. and Hairdorables, but that's for some other time.

Hairdorables started out as a line with twelve dolls, and each of the dolls had three looks. The kicker is, as with all blind-toys, you never ever know which Hairdorable you're getting and there is literally no way to know beforehand. If there were, the people who have obsessed over them would have found it.

You see, Hairdorables has 36 separate characters and the initial production runs had absolutely terrible distribution of said characters. Compared to L.O.L., this is a big deal. L.O.L. will have about 40 dolls per 'Season', but:

1. They will be split into two 'waves', with separate packaging. These waves will have distinctive packaging, with a different representative doll on the front of the box from that wave.
  2. If you buy two cases of L.O.L. dolls straight from MGAE (the makers) or even just check the codes on said boxes, you are almost guaranteed to get the whole series outside of the Ultra Rare doll.

Hairdorables... had none of this, and were not packed in convenient cases. This is probably because their packaging, primed for the premium unboxing experience (these dolls cost 15 a pop American, and for the rest of us they run about 18ish dollars in our respective currencies) was super large compared to L.O.L., and they are seen as more of a 'doll' than a 'collectible' whereas L.O.L. would fit in the latter.

See, dolls are usually packaged in cases of 4-6. This isn't a problem for a line like, say, Barbie Fashionistas, since the customer picks the doll they want right from the shelf after it's un...cased? As such, Barbie Fashionsta cases are all exactly the same. A wave of 20 dolls can (and will) have 5 distinct cases. Just Play probably stole this model.

Unfortunately, a case of Hairdorables contains 6 blind-packaged dolls, and though at least 4 in each case are varied, 2 are guaranteed to be a specific variation of Noah (the main character), and either Kali (the coder) or Rayne (who got the special edition doll, so you'll get about the same 2 of her out of of every 30 cases instead of that third Ultra Rare one).

This led to people buying up entire store displays (made up of 80 dolls) and ending up with about 16 or 17 Noahs and Kalis and Raynes each (Kali and Rayne are also included in normal boxes depending on which of them is in the box with Noah as the two guaranteed dolls to a case). Basically it meant that a single store would rarely have the entire set in it at any given time.

In fact, this got so bad that they had to change the case-variations to undo the specific variation rule, and now Just Play is releasing the Series 1 dolls sans blind-packaging (Series 2, the latest in the wave, is still blind packaged).

It's quite odd that children (and the aforementioned adults who bought whole displays) now have to suffer the real life equivalent of mobile game whaling and nobody seems to care.

Edited by fourteenwings, 27 February 2019 - 11:07 AM.

#855 unitremover

unitremover
  • Staff
  • 1353 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:41 PM

ERMTy6f.jpg

Yh5I9Sc.jpg

Are those the Kingdom Hearts ones?

#856 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42139 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:15 PM

dark_figure_redking_for_web.jpg

#857 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18763 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:29 PM

Are those the Kingdom Hearts ones?

Yep. Though I had to add the data discs from the old Kubrick set since oddly, these didn't come with any.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#858 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1553 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:55 AM

I think I mentioned somewhere around here that the latest line of Moose Toy's Shoppies dolls were themed after magical girls. Well, I say "latest", but it was only the first wave, later waves have other themes, though they still fit the magical girl theme.

So I finally made my own magical girl roll call!

Spoiler

Wjo620Y.jpg

Edited by fourteenwings, 26 March 2019 - 11:57 PM.

#859 tec

tec

Put a little spring in your step

• Supporter
  • 30306 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

Just got this
100_3726.JPG

and here she is free of her packaging
100_3728.JPG

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#860 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18763 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 12:06 PM

I... don't think I'd spend the money on a loose vintage Ninja Force Scarlet, let alone a carded one to open. But you do you! :thumbsup  :D

Edited by Dake, 27 March 2019 - 12:06 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users