Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (20 November 2019 - 04:14 PM)

Why has there been no new Minerva toys? I’m surprised at Takara. The Titan Master head doesn’t count.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 November 2019 - 01:05 PM)

On my shelf I have Ginrai donning the Star Convoy armor.

@  Liege : (19 November 2019 - 07:42 AM)

That he is.

@  Benbot : (18 November 2019 - 04:01 PM)

And a good boy

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Hound is at least a very good toy.

@  ThunderWear : (18 November 2019 - 09:11 AM)

Hound is the only other one that even comes close to Chromia in my area, and he ships in two separate waves.

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 08:58 AM)

This might be how they finally get rid of all the Chromias. I've not seen a shelfwarmer like that in ages.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

Photo
- - - - -

Wikipedia help from Fun Pub

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
291 replies to this topic

#41 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(GALVATRON I @ Jan 7 2011, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't this the point of the TFWiki? I mean, if everything was just on Wikipedia, why have our own separate Wiki?

Wikipedia simply can't have a page for every tiny remote thing that ever happened or existed. It just isn't realistic for numerous reasons. Wherever they draw the line, someone is unhappy. They are a great resource but it is best they do not become more omnipresent than they already are.

I think part of the point is the Fun Publications is a growing company, and it might need/deserve some sort of article on a large public forum like Wikipedia, not some little site run by fans for fans. Yes, the DETAILS will be on the fan wiki. I'd like to see some fair article about Fun Pub on Wikipedia some day.

#42 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 26944 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE([email protected] @ Jan 6 2011, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Defensis Prime @ Jan 6 2011, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wikipedia is where you go when you needta learn about something, but you don't really wanna learn about something.

Honestly, Pete, I'd let it go, were I you. Anyone who reaallly wants to find ya's gonna do so without Wikipedantic's help.

(Google search for 'Transformers Timelines' will make the club site top dog once the Wiki article dies forevermore.)

I am not that worried about it as I have read on. I have heard the stories though, and I am just am still surprised that there is a group editing subject matter when they don't actually know the subject matter thoroughly.

Wait. People feel the need to judge what is important with regard to subjects they don't understand and don't care to understand... and you're surprised?

#43 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 12969 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(mignash @ Jan 7 2011, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think part of the point is the Fun Publications is a growing company, and it might need/deserve some sort of article on a large public forum like Wikipedia, not some little site run by fans for fans. Yes, the DETAILS will be on the fan wiki. I'd like to see some fair article about Fun Pub on Wikipedia some day.

Wikipedia's answer would be - and rightfully so, in my opinion - that Wikipedia is not a platform to advertise companies and their offerings.

This has been abused in the past (such as arguing against naming brands and product names in purely descriptive contexts in favor of a vague "a popular brand of x"), but the point of a Wikipedia article definitely shouldn't purely be "this product exists and you can buy it".

Edited by Nevermore, 07 January 2011 - 10:17 AM.

"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

#44 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 26944 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(Nevermore @ Jan 7 2011, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(mignash @ Jan 7 2011, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wikipedia's answer would be - and rightfully so, in my opinion - that Wikipedia is not a platform to advertise companies and their offerings.

This has been abused in the past (such as arguing against naming brands and product names in purely descriptive contexts in favor of a vague "a popular brand of x"), but the point of a Wikipedia article definitely shouldn't purely be "this product exists and you can buy it".

I don't think the point was "this is why there should be an article" so much as "this is why we'd want there to be an article," in response to some "who cares about Wikipedia anyway?" sentiment.

#45 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43918 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(Might Gaine @ Jan 7 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank god for TFWiki.

I'd thank Walky but there's not much of a difference.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#46 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

I think that Fun Publications would want some fair article to be there. Of course they cannot write one themselves, but if they have had proper coverage in the media, we can write one.

#47 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12653 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(mignash @ Jan 7 2011, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that Fun Publications would want some fair article to be there. Of course they cannot write one themselves, but if they have had proper coverage in the media, we can write one.

But, again, as to the point a couple of posts up, while it's obvious why FP (and perhaps we) would want an article there, are there really grounds enough for saying that FP is "notable" enough for Wikipedia?

I don't think that the answer is a clear-cut "yes." It may even be a "no."

#48 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42421 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(G.B.Blackrock @ Jan 7 2011, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But, again, as to the point a couple of posts up, while it's obvious why FP (and perhaps we) would want an article there, are there really grounds enough for saying that FP is "notable" enough for Wikipedia?

Every single Hasbro Transformer package for the last six years has had their (TCC's) logo on it? So everyone that has bought a Transformer in that time frame (that's a lot of people!) have, even if not aware of it, seen something of FunPub?

That's the largest reason I can think of.

#49 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12653 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Jan 7 2011, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Every single Hasbro Transformer package for the last six years has had their (TCC's) logo on it? So everyone that has bought a Transformer in that time frame (that's a lot of people!) have, even if not aware of it, seen something of FunPub?

I don't want to push the point too far, but I'm not sure how that makes the club (and it would be the club, not FP, per se, it seems to me) notable to the non-TF fan Wikipedia audience.

#50 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42421 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(G.B.Blackrock @ Jan 7 2011, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(NightViper @ Jan 7 2011, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't want to push the point too far, but I'm not sure how that makes the club (and it would be the club, not FP, per se, it seems to me) notable to the non-TF fan Wikipedia audience.

As I said, "largest reason I can think of." I wasn't evaluating whether or not it was a significant enough reason.

That is by far the largest source of exposure to non-TF fans that FunPub has ever gotten. Every single figure. For six years. Trying to do the math on how many of those little logos are out there is mind-boggling!

#51 Petes Robot Con

Petes Robot Con

MunkyTrukk

• VIP
  • 1587 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

Another thought... You realize that we have produced more toys than what have been sold in several other toy lines via Hasbro?

This isn't about "advertising" or "promoting" us. I don't need Wikipedia for that. It is simply that Timelines is a franchise that has been around for five years now, going on its sixth, and that clearly needs to be recognized.

It is a staple within the community and has been advertised and marketed to the general public through comic offerings, toy offerings and conventions that have taken place.

We have sold Tens of Thousands of items with the "Timelines logo" on it to both TF fans and the general public.

I am not going to lose any sleep over this, but the rationale that this is NOT something that should have a page is beyond me...

Edited by [email protected], 07 January 2011 - 11:44 AM.

#52 Petes Robot Con

Petes Robot Con

MunkyTrukk

• VIP
  • 1587 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

At least a character INSPIRED by Timelines is on wikipedia icon-op.gif

http://en.wikipedia....ormers_Animated

Edited by [email protected], 07 January 2011 - 11:54 AM.

#53 GlassBeadGame

GlassBeadGame
  • Citizen
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE([email protected] @ Jan 7 2011, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least a character INSPIRED by Timelines is on wikipedia icon-op.gif

Enjoy it while you can: if it's not a character like Optimus or Starscream it probably means the notability freaks just haven't gotten to it yet.

Edited by -Blackout-, 07 January 2011 - 12:00 PM.

#54 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 12969 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

If you think about it, Wikipedia's rules create a paradox.

On one hand, experts in a field are preferred over amateurs and self-appointed "experts" because they know the subject better, can separate fact from myth and know what's relevant within the subject field and what's not.

On the other hand, experts in a field are biased and too deeply invested in the field to objectively tell what is relevant about the subject to a general audience and what isn't.

But then, that in turn opens a can of worms where people decide what others consider "relevant". Simply put, objectively estimating the interests of the masses based on one's own personal preferences.
"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."

#55 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12653 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE([email protected] @ Jan 7 2011, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another thought... You realize that we have produced more toys than what have been sold in several other toy lines via Hasbro?

Well, I can't say I'd push for a separate "Transformers: Armada" or "Transformers: Energon" entry, either, comes to that about lines....

(For what it's worth, I'm not opposed to anything that folks want to try to get put on Wikipedia. I just don't think that most of it is worth the effort to actively support.)

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 07 January 2011 - 12:45 PM.

#56 Daytonus

Daytonus

Full Circle

• Retired Staff
  • 11971 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(Nevermore @ Jan 7 2011, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you think about it, Wikipedia's rules create a paradox.

On one hand, experts in a field are preferred over amateurs and self-appointed "experts" because they know the subject better, can separate fact from myth and know what's relevant within the subject field and what's not.

On the other hand, experts in a field are biased and too deeply invested in the field to objectively tell what is relevant about the subject to a general audience and what isn't.

But then, that in turn opens a can of worms where people decide what others consider "relevant". Simply put, objectively estimating the interests of the masses based on one's own personal preferences.

It's only a paradox when framed as the false dilemma above. Give people the proper ability to be reflective and putting experts and non-experts in dialog with one another would be the corrective.

#57 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 12969 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(Daytonus @ Jan 7 2011, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's only a paradox when framed as the false dilemma above. Give people the proper ability to be reflective and putting experts and non-experts in dialog with one another would be the corrective.

Expert: This is relevant.
Non-expert: This is irrelevant, I don't care about it.
Expert: It is very relevant for the topic.
Non-expert: Not to me.

Who gets the final say? Majority vote?

Also, who would you say is objectively a Transformers expert?

Edited by Nevermore, 07 January 2011 - 03:39 PM.

#58 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE([email protected] @ Jan 6 2011, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(mignash @ Jan 6 2011, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW - While Timelines may be gone or Greatly reduced, there is no reason we can't collect sources for anentirely new page about Fun Publications, which could include all things Fun Pub does, including the TFclub and Joeclub. Of course we better collect a big list of sources for it or it will be deleted quick.

What bothered me was whoever is deleting the page was unaware that the comics were released through Diamond. I mean, is this a Transformers person? We have been releasing through Diamond for 5 years, are always featured on numerous websites, TF and non-TF, announcing the solicitation, numerous sites actually selling the book and are listed on the Top 300 and/or Top 25 small publishers.

A simple search would have yielded all of this info:
http://www.comicsbea...-november-2010/

http://www.tfarchive...s/idw/sales.php

http://comicbooks.ab...d100nov06_3.htm

And of course

http://www.icv2.com/...news/16618.html

I added that Comics Beat source to the article I found on a list page that mentioned Fun Publications and started trying to add more information about Fun Pub. Of course I have no idea about what Fun Pub does with GI joe or any other properties it has.

http://en.wikipedia....Fun_Publicatons

Hey guys, anyone want to spend any energy finding more reliable sources for the Fun Pub article, or do you want to spend the next couple of posts pointlessly complaining about Wikipedia policy?

Edited by mignash, 07 January 2011 - 03:51 PM.

#59 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22909 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

As the person who got the Timelines page deleted, I'd like to say some things.

I always saw Timelines as an "exclusive" thing, meaning that fewer people will be familiar with it, compared to other Transformers toylines. It's not like you can expect to simply pick up any Timelines figure at your local Toys r Us. Plus, the only non-Benson Yee review for a Timelines comic (well, the only one that was used for the article) mentioned that non transfans should not even bother with Timelines. So, all in all, it does seem terribly unsuitable for a general purpose encyclopedia. By the way, why would anybody use WP for Transformers research anyway? It seems that Wikipedia's TF project isn't something people should take seriously.

QUOTE(mignash @ Jan 7 2011, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, the page was frequently sabotaged and harassed by tfwiki and Allspark member Blackout, who runs a series of sock puppet accounts on Wikipedia.

No, the page wasn't "frequently sabotaged and harassed" by Blackout/Editor XXV/Divebomb/whatever. He did do some stuff, but I don't recall him attacking the Timelines page. In fact, if you look at the first "Articles for Deletion" page for Timelines, he voted to "keep" the article. If he just stayed out of it, the article would have been deleted even more quickly.

Also, I don't see where someone would get the impression that Shattered Glass has "become a pop culture staple". There doesn't seem to be any Shattered Glass memes on Knowyourmeme.com, and the TV Tropes page does mention that most people aren't even aware that some of the stories on the fan club website are set in the SG universe.
QUOTE(G.B.Blackrock @ Jan 7 2011, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing that needs to be recognized. Wikipedia is a generic encyclopedia. To non-Transformers fans, is a character like Slag notable? I'm not going to say that it's not, but I can easily see why most character-specific entries are being considered "not notable enough" for such a generic site.

That's how it works. As Khajidha explained it over at WP. Although it seems that Khajidha wasn't even sure that Optimus Prime was notable.

Also, back on the Timelines topic, see this. Seriously, the fact that there are many, many, many things that Wikipedia won't cover is one of the main reasons other wikis exist. If not the biggest reason.

Edited by Item42, 07 January 2011 - 04:26 PM.

#60 Jeysie

Jeysie

Geekbot & Nerdicon Fangirl

• Citizen
  • 3863 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(Item42 @ Jan 7 2011, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I don't see where someone would get the impression that Shattered Glass has "become a pop culture staple". There doesn't seem to be any Shattered Glass memes on Knowyourmeme.com, and the TV Tropes page does mention that most people aren't even aware that some of the stories on the fan club website are set in the SG universe.

Seeing as how I'm the one that wrote that, I should explain:

People are certainly aware of the Shattered Glass concept/universe in general; there's a fair amount of fanart devoted to it on DA, at least, even from people who I don't think have read the actual fiction outside of the BotCon comic (since it was the only thing available at mainstream stores). On top of that, I've seen quite a few people express interest in getting to read said fiction (if it wasn't only available through joining a club many people see as a bit too pricey, especially outside the US).

However, since many people haven't read the actual prose or non-BotCon comics, a lot of the art isn't actually canon-based. It's more stuff like SG Animated, or fan conversions of G1 characters (like SG Prowl or SG Skyfire, who obviously don't exist (yet, anyway) in the canon SG).

Make of that what you will. Personally I find Wikipedia's rules kind of moronic, especially their notability guidelines. If someone's interested in learning about a subject at all, they generally want some kind of easy access to all information about it. And they also should accept that for niche concepts, the fansites and industry sites ARE the knowledgeable sources. Places like the New York Times ain't going to write about comics or toys, but that doesn't mean that comics and toys are a subject that nobody's interested in. It just means those types of concerns have their own dedicated news sites separate from the mainstream media.

(Pat Lee's page is probably the best example of this idiocy, IMHO, where they won't accept information that comes directly from the mouths of people with direct experience with his business practices, just because it wasn't written about in the "right" places. I mean, dur, it's completely brainless.)

If they're really bent on only having a very general coverage of fannish topics, they should at least offer more obvious links to fansites and fanwikis where people can get more detailed information.