Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  The Doctor Who : (24 March 2019 - 06:00 AM)

Minnesota, but I think it's only mentioned in, like, a side comic or something.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2019 - 05:57 AM)

Ever wonder what state Carly was in after 'The Rebirth'.

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 02:15 AM)

I don't think it's right to feel indignation at people telling you that Americans might also have feelings and you should consider them before squawking yet more things in the same vein.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Intervening? It's not like much of anything that happens in this box is prompted.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 01:13 AM)

I suppose I would normally feel indignation right about now, but with you I am merely unsurprised that you are intervening in a conversation to express your typical brand of disapproval.

@  Cabooceratops : (24 March 2019 - 01:06 AM)

Nitefort x ]

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:50 AM)

I'm not super fond of Nevermore's habit of using the Shoutbox to complain about TFW users, but those usually seem to be things he's personally witnessed and not anecdotes that he only has confirmation bias to backup, so I can believe he isn't just being smug.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:47 AM)

Amusing? Don't try to pretend you aren't being selective by picking things that support a narrative you're building.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:46 AM)

Shield Agent: this and the previous anecdote didn't sound like you have any reason to believe them beyond confirmation bias, so bringing up these things compulsively achieves nothing beyond making you look smug.

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 12:23 AM)

Well I guess Fortnite sounds cool? Maybe it made more sense before the gameplay started to focus on the Battle Royale bit?

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 12:22 AM)

To be fair this is only a few days after your very comprehensive thing about St. Patrick's Day. Oh also I guess that thing about the Estonian currency exchange so that's like three entire "Americans!" squawks this week.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:22 AM)

Not that Nitefort is any more sensible obviously.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:21 AM)

I tend to forget that it's called Fortnite because my 3yo calls it "Nitefort" so that's how my whole family refers to it.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:21 AM)

I assume the name is derived from the fact that one can build forts? But the nite part is a stretch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 12:17 AM)

Hence I thought it would be an amusing anecdote to share as I am not a gamer, but other pop culture-invested people here probably would be, and thus perhaps they would have different relevant experience to share.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 12:16 AM)

In fact before now I did not feel "superior" for knowing the word "fortnight" because I was raised to believe it was a rare but standard term.

@  Copper Bezel : (23 March 2019 - 10:33 PM)

Eh, it's not a common word in the US, so ... like I sincerely hope no one's feeling superior about it but I wouldn't assume.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 March 2019 - 09:59 PM)

Shield Agent: What is up with your compulsion to bring up every anecdote that supports your superiority complex towards Americans?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 March 2019 - 09:22 PM)

What I don't get is: what is a game titled "two weeks" even about?

@  Trpodeca : (23 March 2019 - 09:16 PM)

What strange people

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 March 2019 - 09:11 PM)

Interesting. I have just been informed by several Britons and Australians that since the debut of Fortnite, they have encountered Yanks who do not believe that "fortnight" is a real word.

@  Kayla Kaon : (22 March 2019 - 09:22 PM)

https://discord.gg/jMPfJWk

@  Kayla Kaon : (22 March 2019 - 08:05 PM)

What is up sexy people! Everyone having fun tonight?

@  Rycochet : (22 March 2019 - 01:01 PM)

If they don't take it down or back off, then unfollow. At least then they'll know why people are distancing themselves.

@  Rycochet : (22 March 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Call them out because if nobody challenges them on nonsense, they'll only sink deeper into their rabbithole of stupidity.

@  Benbot : (22 March 2019 - 11:26 AM)

When someone makes a deliberately hateful and dishonest post on Facebook, do you angrily call them out on it, or just ignore or defriend them?

@  Xellos : (22 March 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Dunno, I did watch Combiner Wars...

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 04:37 AM)

Also, nobody try watching last year's Stargate Origins: Catherine "webisode". My god, I've never seen anything so atrocious

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 04:36 AM)

Having watched the full decade's' worth of episodes during the last 4 or so weeks, the cult leader Goa'uld was Setesh/"Seth"

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 04:00 AM)

I missed a whole bunch of stuff in the Squawkbox. Huh. It's been a long week.

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 03:52 AM)

That or Old Testament God with his whole nuking cities, random plagues, brutal pogroms, absurd set ups to test followers faiths, etc etc as a very not rogue Goa'uld.

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 03:48 AM)

1) Spite. 2) I'm fairly sure at least one episode did actually have a Goa'uld who'd be hiding out on Earth since the rebellion and had been host swapping and running cults, 3) mostly yeah spiteful contrivance to see Christain groups lose their collective shit.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 02:49 AM)

If you don't take paypal, and the item isn't a local pickup (in which case Cash is acceptable), I'm pretty sure you need to have some alternative credit card processor you're able to take payment through

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 02:48 AM)

Technically eBay doesn't own Paypal anymore, but even so I haven't seen an auction in years that didn't take Paypal as a form of payment.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 March 2019 - 11:01 PM)

I was gonna ask "aren't eBay and Paypal basically the same people" but turns out that hasn't been true for a while.

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:41 PM)

I think the issue is that we paid with Paypal, but they don't accept Paypal.

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:40 PM)

I don't think so.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 March 2019 - 07:30 PM)

Can you pay via paypal?

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:25 PM)

I think we can't transfer the money into Euros. So that's unfortunate.

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:21 PM)

Well we bought it, but the payment doesn't seem to have gone through.

@  Nevermore : (21 March 2019 - 06:56 PM)

What problem?

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 03:44 PM)

Well that's unfortunate, the German comic we're missing is on ebay, and we bought it but seem to have run into a problem.

@  MidnightFox : (21 March 2019 - 11:18 AM)

If anything in context to the show, Jesus would most likely have been a human nearing ascension. We have various examples of near ascension humans exhibiting the same abilities as miracles attributed to Jesus.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 March 2019 - 09:42 AM)

Yeah, but neither the russians or the US military shared any information about the goa'uld to the public. And there was more than likely enough devout in both regimes that they wouldn't have accepted that as a possible answer anyway.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 March 2019 - 09:25 AM)

Jesus would not have been a Goa'uld, he would have been an ancient ascendant :p

@  MidnightFox : (21 March 2019 - 09:20 AM)

Well, d'uh. But it also made sense within context of the series even with actual ancient alien theorists connecting everything in every religion to aliens.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 March 2019 - 09:18 AM)

More to the point: you don't piss off the bulk of the potential demographic by outright stating that even the supposedly one good god was really just a snake in your head.

@  MidnightFox : (21 March 2019 - 08:15 AM)

Why would they? The show was very clear about the Goa'uld not knowing what happened on Earth after the rebellion, which happened way before the advent of Christianity.

@  Pennpenn : (21 March 2019 - 02:16 AM)

To be honest they did ignore big chunks of the stuff from the movie. Also never had the balls to portray Jesus as a rogue Goa'uld (yeah yeah I know shut up).

@  Echowarrior : (20 March 2019 - 08:57 PM)

The original Stargate movie was okay for what it was. SG1 was a decent show that probably lasted too long. Atlantis was a decent show that could've lasted a little longer. Universe...gah. There were exactly two characters on that show that I liked, and neither was enough to help it in my mind.

Cheetor Vehicle Mode - from Drift

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 (Deactivated) Iacon Studios

(Deactivated) Iacon Studios
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

Hey! Good to see ya! Happy '11!

Well, a while back I had stocked up on a spare Drift to make a Wheeljack, then shortly after saw the (really turbo sweet) pics of the official release. My spare Drift was just hanging out until I was catching up on some Beast Wars while painting....

I really liked the idea of the animated Cheetor drawings, using those triangle dot patterns, so I stole the idea, although they aren't hexagonal dots. I used Testors Laquer in Inca Gold, Model Master Brass, and a hand mixed metallic blue of my own creation. After some light panel work and some Pledge Future for that new car shine, he was done!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=STRK:MESELX:IT

Thanks for your time! All critiques encouraged! Thanks!

#2 Bug-Saw

Bug-Saw

The artist formerly known as Hornet

• Citizen
  • 10229 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

Oh wow, that really cool.

#3 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34952 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

Very nice. I like it.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#4 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36035 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

Very nice. Thought I'm kinda torn on the weapons. Part of me thinks he should have guns, but then I remember in Beast Machines he did use twin swords. Maybe both, Rifle and short swords.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#5 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4515 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

Wow..that's beautiful. I'd personally like more visible dots on the vehicle mode (and maybe swap out the doors so he can have a sword and Blurr's hip guns), but the colors are wonderful.

#6 Jeremy

Jeremy

Gargo 220 or something

• Retired Staff
  • 23660 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

I'm not sure if I'm totally in love with the spots, but that's a beautiful custom, with awesome color choices and paint work.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#7 Monzo

Monzo

The Weirdest Fan Experience

• Citizen
  • 2201 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

Heh. I had the same idea shortly after we had good pictures of the Drift toy.

Driftor.jpg

(He also looks a bit like Roadhandler and Tacker...)

Can we get a close-up of the face?

#8 Adam16bit

Adam16bit

I Like Toys

• Citizen
  • 664 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

Wow, that's gorgeous! Great job, that's a wonderful fit for that mold.

#9 crazyjaco

crazyjaco

They call him...Glasses

• Citizen
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

Thats pretty great. Nice work!

#10 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1330 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:19 AM

OMG yes!

THANK YOU for not covering him in spots. It would have looked tacky and horrible, like all other Cheetor vehicles done before this in art and toy form.

This is easily the best pre beast form Cheetor ever, if only the car form was cybertronic! Not that theres a great deal you could have done about that anyway, but damn, this is fine work all the same
'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'
Lilwall.net

#11 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

That's pretty damn swank. It needs a bit more detail to break up the two dominant colors but otherwise I dig.

QUOTE(Admiral Lilwall @ Jan 5 2011, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG yes!

THANK YOU for not covering him in spots. It would have looked tacky and horrible, like all other Cheetor vehicles done before this in art and toy form.

*AHEM*
It's not covered in spots and it's far from tacky.

Edited by Cheetimus Primal, 05 January 2011 - 10:50 AM.

24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#12 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2557 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

I have to agree with both Admiral Lilwall and Cheetimus Primal. icon-blitz.gif

Seriously, I appreciate the solid golden exterior and reserving the spots for vehicle mode: having too flashy a paint job or even one that is so close between modes should ruin the whole "robots in disguise" angle, not that it is an important plot point all that often. I would actually like a few more spots (maybe even larger ones) for robot mode, however. When going around as a humanoid robot, Cheetor probably wants to stand out instead of "oh, another guy with that body type." Before clicking on Cheetiums Primal's link, I was was more or less in agreement with Lilwall about spots and vehicle modes.

Then I clicked the link. That is just amazing. So I guess the spots can be done, though I think I prefer this one with clean lines. Wasn't he nicknamed the Golden Rocket?

Granted, given that BW/BM Cheetor, according to the Wrecker's Finale Part II (I think >.>) was a Rodimus fanboy, I basically want to see all G1(ish) Rodimus molds redecoed into Cheetor.

C'mon, if you were a Cybertronian you know you'd totally have to at least temporarily upgrade your frame to look like your hero in your own colors, right? Its like the Cybertronian equivalent of cosplaying!

Edited by Otaku, 05 January 2011 - 12:44 PM.

The Allspark, where most of my commenting "hang-ups" were born!

#13 Redshift

Redshift
  • Supporter
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

I would've liked the spots to be a little more 'dappled', more random. But a nice touch making them small details and not covering the car mode.

Spots aside, the colours are a great balance, and that blue is goegeous

#14 Blade Raider

Blade Raider
  • Citizen
  • 2218 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:35 AM

That looks great and proofs this mold can work as a new Cheetor/Tigatron and that BW characters don't have to tranform into animals (something Hasbro seems to think a lot of the time). However, I would've given Cheetor the guns instead of the swords and Tigatron would get the swords since in the Metal Manga he had one.

#15 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1330 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Jan 6 2011, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's pretty damn swank. It needs a bit more detail to break up the two dominant colors but otherwise I dig.

QUOTE(Admiral Lilwall @ Jan 5 2011, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG yes!

*AHEM*
It's not covered in spots and it's far from tacky.

Wasn't aware of yours Cheets, therefore...

"THANK YOU for not covering him in spots. It would have looked tacky and horrible, like all other Cheetor vehicles done before this in art and toy form, except that one Cheetimus did a while back, cause it's great as well."

icon-hotrod.gif
'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'
Lilwall.net

#16 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 18019 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

Sweet Christmas, I would buy the crap out of that if it came with the rifle and shortswords. icon-silverbolt.gif

UnHImyv.png

#17 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32531 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

Holy poop, that's one gorgeous custom! Superb work! icon-ironhide.gif
“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#18 dcjosh

dcjosh

Josh

• Citizen
  • 5630 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:53 AM

that actually looks really cool!

i think the alt mode could use some graphics runnin down the sides tho. Anything to help make it feel more "fast"