Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2019 - 11:30 AM)

Skywarp can barely form a coherent sentence half the time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 August 2019 - 11:24 AM)

If Cyclonus combines into Galvatronus, does Skywarp form Megatronic?

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2019 - 09:12 AM)

There's something weird about starting to type Good Omens into a media store's search bar and having it come up with Queen's greatest hits compliations.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 August 2019 - 12:07 AM)

Well then they need to re-release Vector Prime. :D Of course I would accept Vector Prime Headmaster with Alpha Trion as the head.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

That said, the bendy sword is ridiculous.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

I dunno, the old one is still pretty good by modern standards and the clunkiness is somewhat in-character.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

We need a new vector prime

@  Paladin : (17 August 2019 - 03:59 PM)

just don't leave Cybertron Vector Prime out in the sun or his wings will melt.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 August 2019 - 03:17 PM)

@Nevermore Duly noted.

@  Rycochet : (17 August 2019 - 02:12 PM)

I have three Cybertron Vector Primes, wouldn't throw them around though. I love that design too much,

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 August 2019 - 02:03 PM)

I'm just picturing someone throwing a pile of Vector Prime toys around. I don't know why.

@  Rycochet : (17 August 2019 - 01:42 PM)

Multi Vector Assault mode is what they go into when they think anyone's even slightly infringing on their IP.

@  Ashley : (17 August 2019 - 02:30 AM)

They MIGHT have done it for Star Trek Online ships, but even if they have that'd be a fairly specific category.

@  Tieria Prime : (17 August 2019 - 02:11 AM)

Hi friends

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:05 AM)

So only if Viacom/Paramount has actively trademarked the term "multi-vector assault mode", offered goods or services under that name and has been offering those goods and services in recent years, Hasbro cannot offer goods or services under that name in the same category.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:04 AM)

And they need to be consistently used on top of that.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:03 AM)

Even if they are trademarked.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Words and terms used in dialogue shouldn't be affected.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Also, the trademarks only apply in commerce. You use them to identify goods and services.

@  Ashley : (16 August 2019 - 11:55 PM)

Yeah, you also need to apply for it. They might've never bothered to trademark that.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

Trademark affects titles and product names, not every word in writing. For example, DC called their character "Captain Marvel" as recently as 2014.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 08:30 PM)

You missed my point. I was addressing the usage of the phrase in dialogue. Hence the quotation marks.

@  Pennpenn : (16 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Well, they can anyway, they might just not be able to call it that...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:54 PM)

It would be awesome for Transformers to have the likes of Overlord and Sky Lynx "engage multi-vector assault mode!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:53 PM)

It is a shame that "multi-vector assault mode" is probably trademarked for Star Trek.

@  unluckiness : (15 August 2019 - 10:54 PM)

Only if they manage to boomer-proof it

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

(and would that really be a bad thing?)

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

Wouldn't a cybernetic singularity actually remove one or more of the top levels of Maslow's hierarchy?

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 August 2019 - 07:40 PM)

Tomy made some strange selections on their first wave of Tomica releases for the US

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 August 2019 - 06:26 PM)

Resistance is futile.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 06:20 PM)

I would be down for a nice cybernetic singularity if it meant we could actually reach the top of maslow's hierarchy.

@  Ashley : (15 August 2019 - 05:44 PM)

I'm pretty sure the origin of the villains in GaoGaiGar was a computer being told to reduce the stress of the population and it's answer was to assimilate everyone.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 August 2019 - 01:53 PM)

Executions then followed by nano reanimation then cryonic suspension until everyone you know is deactivated for good so you can build happiness in a future society.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 01:47 PM)

As opposed to the ones that lie already? As a civilization: we're emotional and socially broken. Might as well have the society that at least wants us to be "happy".

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 11:48 AM)

Or you'd have a lot of people lying about their emotional state to avoid being executed.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 11:18 AM)

That would actually be a massive step up: since there's a LOT of stuff needed to quantify happiness, and it could only be an improvement over the existing governments which actually don't care if you live or die, never mind if you're "happy".

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 10:02 AM)

Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Failure to be happy is treason. Have a nice daycycle!

@  unluckiness : (15 August 2019 - 01:46 AM)

Maslow's hierarchy of needs

@  MrBlud : (14 August 2019 - 09:46 PM)

Humanity is pretty forgiving if you take care of its basic needs. "Freedom" and "Privacy" don't have much hold when you can't afford food, shelter, or medicine.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2019 - 03:29 PM)

Something something peace through tyranny.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 August 2019 - 02:43 PM)

You probably will have a house, AI overseers will crack down on stress, poverty, homelessness and human administration.

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 02:36 PM)

The bad news is they'll probab;y be made and operated by Amazon so will record every single thing you do and transmit it to their datacenters so theycan have human operators sift through it and laugh at footage of you dancing in your socks or having intercourse.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

What if I don't have a house by then?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

If the robot will do the cleaning, I don't care if it's mandatory. I'm sick of moping floors.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 August 2019 - 02:05 PM)

humanoid service robots, one for every house in the west. ETA: 2050. household robots will be mandatory.

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 02:03 PM)

All I know is it'd be tragic if those evil robots win. I know she can beat them.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2019 - 01:53 PM)

Big ones? Small ones? Ones as big as your head?

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 12:22 PM)

The robots are pink. Someone call Yoshimi!

@  wonko the sane? : (14 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Yeah, could you maybe be more specific? Are they good robots? Bad ones? Do they just want to take our jobs? We need more information to work out how we feel about them.

@  Benbot : (14 August 2019 - 11:03 AM)

which ones?

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

The He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Thread

2570 replies to this topic

#161 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7712 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:44 AM

Definitely an exciting year coming up out of MOTU. I had forgotten how much I liked the 2002 Evil-lyn design.
Subscription already ordered... and what the hell? I threw in for the Voltron one as well, although I'm not terribly crazy about the pricing on that one.

#162 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19015 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

Yeah - the upcoming figs are all pretty fantastic. I have to admit to a bit of cynical concern though as they've said they aren't including extra heads anymore right so are these 200x noggins (except maybe for Evil-lyn - who looks fantastic by the way. Anyone want to by "Liver Failure Evil-lyn"?) just more "test shots" from 4H to show just how cool it would be except they aren't going to do it?

I still don't know that I can bring myself to subscribe though - I don't want to deal with having to sell off any figures I don't want... the Voltron thing though is very tempting but also very expensive. I mean holy crap, each pilot figure is 15 bucks - that's for a Joe-sized figure... except it's made by Mattel and they don't do so well at the 3.75 scale.

On a side note, I just realized Battle Ground Teela is still available! That's kind of crazy.

Edited by Dake, 23 July 2011 - 01:44 AM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#163 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11014 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

I bought DCUC, MOTUC and Voltron subs. Wallet is killing me now.

I am super excited about MOTUC, but one thing bugs me. They keep adding non-sub figures. I want EVERYTHING MOTUC, and one of the reasons the sub exists is for people like me. Those of us who want it all but have trouble getting online at crunch time can buy the sub and not have to worry. Except we do. Not only is Draego Man not part of the sub, neither is Granamyr, or several others. icon-megs.gif

#164 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7992 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

I can kinda see where they're coming from on that one.

Personally, I'd like them to be included too. Because the MOTU mythos is largely unknown to me anyway, so Draego-Man is no more a new character to me than Optikk.

But I look at it this way: if I bought the DC sub, I'd be a little annoyed if they announced that I'd be stuck buying several superheroes that Mattel and the Horsemen invented from whole cloth.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#165 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65377 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(Dake @ Jul 23 2011, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah - the upcoming figs are all pretty fantastic. I have to admit to a bit of cynical concern though as they've said they aren't including extra heads anymore right so are these 200x noggins (except maybe for Evil-lyn - who looks fantastic by the way. Anyone want to by "Liver Failure Evil-lyn"?) just more "test shots" from 4H to show just how cool it would be except they aren't going to do it?

No they're being included, the types of heads you're not likely to see any more are heads like what came with Merman and more so Whiplash, which are just considered style differences more than anything. While Fisto, Evil-Lyn, and Flipshot all have different heads because they're helmetless (as it were) versus helmeted.

QUOTE(Dake @ Jul 23 2011, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On a side note, I just realized Battle Ground Teela is still available! That's kind of crazy.

It appears they held some stock back (made some extra) to sell just as a promotion for the woman dressed as her at SDCC.

I wonder if they'll explain while Evil Lyn's skin color changed (supposedly Teela's hair color will be explained).

As for the figures not included in the subscription, yeah it's a pain but I understand why as they'll all be new creations (besides Photog) not previously in the line and don't want people to have to commit to them if they don't want to. But I'm sure most of their fanbase will anyway.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#166 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11014 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

I understand why they did it. Doesn't make it any less annoying.

In spite of all that, I am extremely excited about everything in the pipelines. MOTUC is packing a huge punch next year!

#167 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7854 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

tangentially related: Practically the only Ghostbusters figure I want is the recruit from the video game, but he's only available via the subscription. I don't want to subscribe to get a bunch of figures I don't don't want jsut to have the option of getting the one I do! (I do kinda sorta want Vigo, but not sure if I'll buy him yet)

#168 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 61952 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

SHADOWEAVER

... I'll wait for the reissue... that is dirty pool matty... dirty pool

#169 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11014 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

OK, so:

HIGHLIGHT to view:

Is the Battleground Evil-Lyn cardback the first official confirmation that Skeletor and Evil-Lyn were "married"?

Bios up here for those who want to read them early:

http://toynewsi.com/...04&itemid=17507

Edited by Onyx Minor, 23 July 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#170 Somebody

Somebody
  • Citizen
  • 2183 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(Destron D-69 @ Jul 23 2011, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SHADOWEAVER

... I'll wait for the reissue... that is dirty pool matty... dirty pool

They're sworn never to reissue the subscription-exclusive figures (and recently claimed they won't be doing ANY reissues next year). At best, they might do what they did with King Grayskull - the SDCC version of which had a similar promise attached - and do a repaint.

If you want the show-accurate Weaver without subscribing, you're looking at eBay, BBTS or suchlike.

#171 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

Draego Man (is that his name?) is probably my favorite bit of sculpting work that they've done. Getting that toy qualifies under "must".

Still not enough there to warrant my subscription, but I always did prefer the look of the 2002 Evil-Lyn. So, that's bought.

#172 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 61952 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

ARG! URGE TO SUBSCRIBE RISING.... resist ...BUT IT IS SHADOW WEAVER...

*SO TORN*

#173 Somebody

Somebody
  • Citizen
  • 2183 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Strafe @ Jul 24 2011, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still not enough there to warrant my subscription, but I always did prefer the look of the 2002 Evil-Lyn. So, that's bought.

Other than the unmasked head, it doesn't look much like the show at all though. It has the look that someone who was familiar with the 1980s cartoon version, but only vaguely recalled the 2002 cartoon version, might put together and call a 2002 version.
BGLynMYPLyn.jpg

QUOTE(Destron D-69 @ Jul 24 2011, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ARG! URGE TO SUBSCRIBE RISING.... resist ...BUT IT IS SHADOW WEAVER...

*SO TORN*

It seems to me to be fairly simple: Do you also want the Star Sisters? If yes, you're likely completist enough for the subscription to be worth it to you.

If not, however, then straight away you can pay $80 for Shadow Weaver from BBTS/eBay/etc without being financially worse off than you would be buying the sub. Any other figures you don't want (e.g., He-Man repaint #6: Thunder Punch), just pushes the numbers further and further in favour of not bothering with the sub.

Furthermore, non-subscription stuff ships separately, increasing shipping costs. So if you want "Fearless Photog" along with Sorceress, Draego-Man along with Kobra Khan, Granamyr (Now confirmed in cartoon colours. And that he's $80! - he'd better be HUGE) with whatever ships the same month as the old dragon, etc; that skews the numbers further in favour of not subscribing.

Just some thoughts icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by Somebody, 23 July 2011 - 08:31 PM.

#174 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 61952 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

okay you unsold me on the subscription... I'll get the 3 mages through 'other' means

now that I see the side-by-side... there really was a lot more they could have done to change it.

a re-sculpted 'finger bra' and a longer loin cloth would have been simple

Edited by Destron D-69, 23 July 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#175 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65377 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(Somebody @ Jul 23 2011, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Strafe @ Jul 24 2011, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Other than the unmasked head, it doesn't look much like the show at all though. It has the look that someone who was familiar with the 1980s cartoon version, but only vaguely recalled the 2002 cartoon version, might put together and call a 2002 version.
BGLynMYPLyn.jpg

Yeah it's more of a nod to that version using the existing figure as a base with a new cape invoke the longer train. Seems they probably didn't want to retool the existing body suit or didn't think the train would work well with the more poseable figure perhaps.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#176 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65377 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(Onyx Minor @ Jul 23 2011, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, so:

HIGHLIGHT to view:

Is the Battleground Evil-Lyn cardback the first official confirmation that Skeletor and Evil-Lyn were "married"?

Bios up here for those who want to read them early:

http://toynewsi.com/...04&itemid=17507

Yes that's all new, especially the part about HIGHLIGHT to view:
them having a son!

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#177 Somebody

Somebody
  • Citizen
  • 2183 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(Onyx Minor @ Jul 13 2011, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is [Bubble Power She-Ra] gonna come with the gimped out legs/hips from the new Teela?

Apparently,, BP She-Ra has the hip joints from the original Teela, but Sorceress has the "gimped out" BG-Teela joints.

QUOTE(Destron D-69 @ Jul 24 2011, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
okay you unsold me on the subscription... I'll get the 3 mages through 'other' means

Three? [Sorceress, obviously - but if you're including the grey/purple BG Evil-Lyn, she's this year, and I'm not sure who your third is]

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Jul 24 2011, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it's more of a nod to that version using the existing figure as a base with a new cape invoke the longer train. Seems they probably didn't want to retool the existing body suit or didn't think the train would work well with the more poseable figure perhaps.
But where the hell did that pink-red come from - her cartoon spot-colour was GOLD (and even the grey bits were bone-coloured rather than silver). And compare the paint job on the helmeted head at her feet, with loads of silver, against the no-silver cartoon helmet.

Plus, if it was a budget thing, they could have done a Filmation repaint with a cape and not much else and left a 2002 EL for when the budget allowed for one whose details matched Faceless One.

Edited by Somebody, 23 July 2011 - 09:56 PM.

#178 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65377 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE(Somebody @ Jul 23 2011, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Jul 24 2011, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But where the hell did that pink-red come from - her cartoon spot-colour was GOLD (and even the grey bits were bone-coloured rather than silver). And compare the paint job on the helmeted head at her feet, with loads of silver, against the no-silver cartoon helmet.

Plus, if it was a budget thing, they could have done a Filmation repaint with a cape and not much else and left a 2002 EL for when the budget allowed for one whose details matched Faceless One.

The silver was present on the original 2002 toy's helmet. Perhaps the pink is probably meant to evoke the pink highlights on the Faceless One with being a different shade.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#179 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19015 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:36 PM

You know that is weird - I didn't notice the pink until the side-by-side. Well, she's far enough out maybe we can complain and Matty will change the colors.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#180 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65377 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

Perhaps. Sometimes the colors change before the final too (BA He-Man's belt).

Randy

ACItEK8.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users