Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

@  wonko the sane? : (12 June 2021 - 09:00 PM)

Just don't drop him.

@  Kaon : (12 June 2021 - 08:03 PM)

man this chat is nothing but Bass X)

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 07:08 PM)

Carefull, he is a Bass Xo.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 June 2021 - 05:53 PM)

Aw, it's not even a shiny.

@  Sabrblade : (12 June 2021 - 05:27 PM)

A wild Bass X0 has appeared!

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 05:20 PM)

I didn't even try this time.

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM)

8ass X÷ has hijacked this conversation.

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 03:37 AM)

Its Bass X0. I named myself after my three favourite Mega Man characters - Bass, X and Zero. I did consider going with Vile Bass X0, but that would have been going too far.

@  repowers : (11 June 2021 - 11:29 PM)

Bass XO has been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

@  Echowarrior : (11 June 2021 - 09:25 PM)

Do not taunt Bass XO.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 June 2021 - 09:02 PM)

Please consult a technician before using Bass XO. Do not operate Bass XO while consuming alcohol.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 June 2021 - 04:48 PM)

Nine out of ten doctors recommend Bass XO. The last doctor is on my list.

@  Dekafox : (11 June 2021 - 01:51 PM)

Bass XO is available at these fine retailers.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 June 2021 - 02:01 AM)

Bass XO is not to be confused with Bay Sexo.

@  Fenix Twilight : (10 June 2021 - 08:38 PM)

It's good to be back, after that outage I think I'll try to post more.

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 June 2021 - 12:16 PM)

I think Hasbro Pulse is broken. Dang Star Wars nerds!

@  tigerhawk : (10 June 2021 - 04:46 AM)

When I googled 'space bridge' I was disappointed. Maybe in a hundred years.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 June 2021 - 04:05 PM)

Bass XO is backward compatible with the Sega Master System.

@  Donocropolis : (09 June 2021 - 05:37 AM)

Bass XO has 9" long, dagger-like teeth and a 12,000 lb. bite force

@  repowers : (08 June 2021 - 07:26 PM)

Bass XO doesn't feel pain. He can't be reasoned with!

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2021 - 02:57 PM)

Bass XO has no known weaknesses.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2021 - 06:15 AM)

Base XO is definitely unstoppable.

@  Donocropolis : (07 June 2021 - 04:30 PM)

What about magnets? No one knows how they work or what they can do.

@  Bass X0 : (07 June 2021 - 02:22 PM)

Yes Cybershark, and now no force in the universe can stop us.

@  Cybersnark : (07 June 2021 - 10:03 AM)

Aaaan we're back!

@  Telly : (06 June 2021 - 09:07 PM)

its alive! AAAALIIIIIIVEEEEEE! *maniacal laugh*

@  repowers : (06 June 2021 - 02:18 PM)

WHAT!!! ALLSPARK!!! you IN LIVE!!!!!!

@  Donocropolis : (06 June 2021 - 01:53 PM)

Indeed. I was missing it.

@  Shockwave 75 : (06 June 2021 - 11:35 AM)

So glad the boards are back!

@  Echowarrior : (06 June 2021 - 07:45 AM)

It's alive! Alive!

@  wonko the sane? : (05 June 2021 - 08:32 PM)

Aw man, I missed this place...

@  Sabrblade : (05 June 2021 - 08:31 PM)

Now here in Manhattan, the spell is broken! And we live again!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (05 June 2021 - 08:16 PM)

Groovy.

@  Kaon : (05 June 2021 - 07:23 PM)

How is everyone

@  Kaon : (05 June 2021 - 06:42 PM)

test

@  tigerhawk : (24 May 2021 - 07:42 AM)

I'm making progress with tweezers. It's no great loss given Dai Atlas minor roles anyway, I really do prefer this mold for Titans Overlord and Sky Shadow,

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2021 - 09:57 PM)

Had that happen once. Drilled a 1 mmhole in the peg and superglued a rivet into it for something to pull on.

@  tigerhawk : (22 May 2021 - 09:44 PM)

pliers, superglue, heat, nothing has worked so far but I had to take yesterday off due to pfizer side effects.

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2021 - 07:04 AM)

is there enough plastic sticking out to yank it out with pliers?

@  tigerhawk : (21 May 2021 - 01:05 PM)

Oh great my Legends Dai Atlas fell and the gun snapped in two, the handle is stuck in the port on top of the vehicle mode.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2021 - 04:14 AM)

Also, our compound terms are legendary among foreigners, because we throw them together as a single word, with no spaces and usually without hyphens too.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2021 - 04:12 AM)

You can have straightforward sentences that are a literal word-replace translation of stuff like "I go to school", but once you throw in perfect tense and prepositions, you end up with insane constructions where the main verb is at the very end of a very long sentence, so you have to listen to the whole sentence until you have any clue what is going on.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2021 - 04:10 AM)

And I stand by that. German sentence structure can be utterly insane.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2021 - 04:10 AM)

Fun fact: When I was teaching German kids English, I kept telling them that English grammar and especially sentence structure is more logical than German.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2021 - 01:17 AM)

e.g. Lion-Eating Poet in the Stone Den was by a Chinese guy pointing out the weirdness in his own language, rather than the frustrations of somebody learning Chinese as their second. So English isn't the only case where native speakers might enocunter funky issues.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

He-Man & the Masters of the Universe: Revelation teaser p164

3291 replies to this topic

#3081 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:22 PM

It is a shame that the Sorceress can't sit in the throne, but she's probably too busy to spend much time just sitting around anyway. 

Hg9pxHR.jpg

xITiWqN.jpg

FLvRY9B.jpg

45y4zTM.jpg

He-Man can wear both weapons racks!

XaZkTqn.jpg

dMmVWhd.jpg

WsuGTl1.jpg

#3082 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 4256 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:02 PM

So according to Scott Neitlich in his latest video, Mattel looks set to lose the right of first refusal for MOTU toylines in the next few years. Yikes.

#3083 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8366 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:46 PM

Scott's been saying this for many years now and every time he raises it again a bunch of people who Actually Still Work At Mattel appear to tell everyone it's bullshit. I don't know who's right.

It certainly appears that the ownership and licensing of trademarks/toys/media are very complex and confusing... I haven't seen anything that seems like a conclusive and reliable explanation of the actual facts. But at this point there's no reason to be particularly interested in anything that Neitlich says.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#3084 Detour

Detour

Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20828 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 April 2021 - 11:33 PM

So according to Scott Neitlich in his latest video, Mattel looks set to lose the right of first refusal for MOTU toylines in the next few years. Yikes.

"Right of first refusal"?

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#3085 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1633 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 11:40 PM

Dibs on making MotU toys or not.
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

#3086 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20828 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 11:48 PM

How does that work? They own the brand!

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#3087 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1633 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 02:08 AM

Have you not been following the conversation? It works because they don't own the brand. Not entirely. And haven't in a long time.
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

#3088 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20828 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 02:17 AM

Have you not been following the conversation? It works because they don't own the brand. Not entirely. And haven't in a long time.

Guess I haven't.

Who owns it, then?

EDIT: Some google sleuthing makes it seem rather unlikely Mattel owns nothing at all.

They took Donald Glut to court in 2014 over claims of ownership of MOTU. You don't do that when you're just a brand licensee.

Wikipedia lists Mattel as the owner of the brand.

Some he-man.org thread seem to say the ownership is shared between Mattel and Classic Media/Dreamworks.

Edited by Detour, 10 April 2021 - 02:22 AM.

#3089 Caldwin

Caldwin

Keelah Se'lai

• Supporter
  • 27564 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:37 AM

Is DC still making MotU comics? I'm not so much interested in the crossovers. I already have Origins, main line leading up to Eternity War, Eternity War and Multiverse. Multiverse looks like the most recent thing and that ended last year. I need a fix, durnit!
Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#3090 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 4256 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:27 AM

They don't fight, then they get sued by dreamworks or whoever for selling them something they never had full ownership of. All the agreements Glut signed or didn't sign was with Mattel, so one way or another, they're fighting it.

#3091 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.

• Supporter
  • 5412 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 April 2021 - 11:09 AM

Guess I haven't.

Who owns it, then?

EDIT: Some google sleuthing makes it seem rather unlikely Mattel owns nothing at all.

They took Donald Glut to court in 2014 over claims of ownership of MOTU. You don't do that when you're just a brand licensee.

Some he-man.org thread seem to say the ownership is shared between Mattel and Classic Media/Dreamworks.

Apparently Universal bought Classic Media's rights, which are the majority.

"The objective truths of the world are controversial only to people who are both under-informed and who like to argue." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#3092 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8366 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 01:00 AM

Is DC still making MotU comics? I'm not so much interested in the crossovers. I already have Origins, main line leading up to Eternity War, Eternity War and Multiverse. Multiverse looks like the most recent thing and that ended last year. I need a fix, durnit!

Unfortunately it seems like they're done. Fingers crossed that there's something new sooner rather than later.

I'd like to see Marvel get the license back, that seems like the only way we'll ever get the Star book back in print.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#3093 MightyMegs

MightyMegs
  • Citizen
  • 4279 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 10:07 AM

51104866351_646e050cf9_k.jpgWarriors of Avion by Wes, on Flickr

#3094 Caldwin

Caldwin

Keelah Se'lai

• Supporter
  • 27564 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:17 AM

Unfortunately it seems like they're done. Fingers crossed that there's something new sooner rather than later.

I'd like to see Marvel get the license back, that seems like the only way we'll ever get the Star book back in print.

I really like what DC did with it. But it did seem like they were constantly trying to one-up themselves. Not every storyline has to have all reality at stake. Maybe have a few breather issues here and there.

But the best thing they did was make He-Man and She-ra not only the same universe, but also the same franchise. Whoever does whatever with the franchise next, I really hope they continue doing that.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#3095 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5478 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 11 April 2021 - 05:09 PM

My understanding is that Mattel owns the core IP rights to the original toy lines, core imagery, and the content of the mini-comics; but Classic Media basically owns the Filmation series and all the ideas and imagery associated with that.  Kind of like how MOTUC managed to get Orko and Adam by virtue of appearing in the toy line, but they couldn't use any characters that appeared in the cartoon, or appeared differently in the cartoon (until getting a license)

I think the She-Ra ownership is stronger with Classic Media, hence the recent Netflix series and Mattel's lack of support of it.  But I think it's a situation where Classic Media really can't make a new project without Mattel's involvement so losing "first right of refusal" doesn't mean much

#3096 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

• Supporter
  • 5412 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 09:43 PM

I just got the mini comic hard cover collection, and it's great. But I was disappointed that there were only 3 Classics comics included as those were the ones I wanted to read the most.

It also made me wish they could collect the old Star comics too. I have a few of the old issues, but it would be great to be able to read them all. The ThunderCats books too!

"The objective truths of the world are controversial only to people who are both under-informed and who like to argue." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#3097 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8366 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:41 AM

Yeah, Star did a lot of great books that I'd love to be able to buy again. 

I was sad that they didn't include all the MOTUC comics too - indeed basically everyone is. But I think they're still firmly in "Mattel doesn't want anyone to read these unless they shell out for the figures" territory.

They aren't even up on the org, which has countless evil piratey scans of all sorts of things, with Mattel apparently just not caring. Like, how has DC not made them take down their scans of the original mini?! 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#3098 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 19229 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 05:07 AM

Not being able to find the Classics comics anywhere has been driving me nuts. Not even summaries or recaps, last I checked.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#3099 Caldwin

Caldwin

Keelah Se'lai

• Supporter
  • 27564 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 10:50 AM

K8Ww8fy.jpg

Someone needs to rethink his strategy.

#3100 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

• Supporter
  • 5412 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:36 PM

Man, the lack of ankle articulation really makes the rest of Battle Cat's leg articulation completely pointless.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users