Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

@  wonko the sane? : (12 June 2021 - 09:00 PM)

Just don't drop him.

@  Kaon : (12 June 2021 - 08:03 PM)

man this chat is nothing but Bass X)

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 07:08 PM)

Carefull, he is a Bass Xo.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 June 2021 - 05:53 PM)

Aw, it's not even a shiny.

@  Sabrblade : (12 June 2021 - 05:27 PM)

A wild Bass X0 has appeared!

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 05:20 PM)

I didn't even try this time.

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM)

8ass X÷ has hijacked this conversation.

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 03:37 AM)

Its Bass X0. I named myself after my three favourite Mega Man characters - Bass, X and Zero. I did consider going with Vile Bass X0, but that would have been going too far.

@  repowers : (11 June 2021 - 11:29 PM)

Bass XO has been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

@  Echowarrior : (11 June 2021 - 09:25 PM)

Do not taunt Bass XO.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 June 2021 - 09:02 PM)

Please consult a technician before using Bass XO. Do not operate Bass XO while consuming alcohol.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 June 2021 - 04:48 PM)

Nine out of ten doctors recommend Bass XO. The last doctor is on my list.

@  Dekafox : (11 June 2021 - 01:51 PM)

Bass XO is available at these fine retailers.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 June 2021 - 02:01 AM)

Bass XO is not to be confused with Bay Sexo.

@  Fenix Twilight : (10 June 2021 - 08:38 PM)

It's good to be back, after that outage I think I'll try to post more.

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 June 2021 - 12:16 PM)

I think Hasbro Pulse is broken. Dang Star Wars nerds!

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

He-Man & the Masters of the Universe: Revelation teaser p164

3300 replies to this topic

#3061 Caldwin

Caldwin

Keelah Se'lai

• Supporter
  • 27595 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 April 2021 - 04:45 PM

gH0GvAU.jpg

Well, I guess this is what you can do once you've convinced yourself you can't possibly make things any worse.
Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#3062 MightyMegs

MightyMegs
  • Citizen
  • 4279 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:49 AM

51089882791_e9a34c4911_k.jpgMerman Attacks! by Wes, on Flickr

#3063 Caldwin

Caldwin

Keelah Se'lai

• Supporter
  • 27595 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 11:22 AM

So who wins betweeN Mer Man and Aqua Man?

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#3064 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.

• Supporter
  • 5413 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 11:31 AM

So who wins betweeN Mer Man and Aqua Man?

I'd say Aquaman. While they both have similar powers, if it came down to a purely physical contest, I think Aquaman is stronger and probably a better fighter. Not to mention that Merman is essentially a coward, which is why he usually has his beasts do his fighting for him.

"The objective truths of the world are controversial only to people who are both under-informed and who like to argue." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#3065 Caldwin

Caldwin

Keelah Se'lai

• Supporter
  • 27595 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:55 AM

I'd like to see He-Man, Lion-O and King Aurthur get into a sword fight...maybe throw in Inigo Montoya.

#3066 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1633 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:07 AM

I'd like to see He-Man, Lion-O and King Aurthur get into a sword fight...maybe throw in Inigo Montoya.

No Arthur or Inigo, but the first two happened at least

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

#3067 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

• Supporter
  • 5413 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:43 PM

Well, Arthur beats Lion-O, they established that in the ThunderCats show when Excaliber broke the Sword of Omens.

"The objective truths of the world are controversial only to people who are both under-informed and who like to argue." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#3068 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 7264 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:03 PM

Well, Arthur beats Lion-O, they established that in the ThunderCats show when Excaliber broke the Sword of Omens.

Been a super long while, but I think I vaguely remember that episode.  Wasn't Arthur actually Mumm-Ra in disguise, though?  Think I remember the two swords fighting on their own at the end of that battle.

#3069 Caldwin

Caldwin

Keelah Se'lai

• Supporter
  • 27595 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:05 PM

rnIBDI9.jpg

Here's my haul for today.

LEFT:
I got this vintage Catra at a vintage toy store. It only came with the shield and tail belt. The tail belt was actually ripped, so I stapled it. Can't even notice. I used some conditioner on the hair to make it all soft and manageable again. $30

RIGHT:
I got this Classics Catra from eBay. It came with the sword and shield. If I can find a loose mask somewhere that would be great, but if not, I still have this. $74.90

K45qu9J.jpg

Heeeeey, Adoooora! How about a size comparison. Vintage Catra, Origins She-Ra and Classics Catra.

The cheapest Netflix styled Catra I can find on e-Bay is $265. So I guess I won't be getting one of those.

#3070 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8367 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:37 PM

Welllll, hoping my Grayskull would be delivered today, but I guess this will do. 

Orko is certainly one of the iconic MOTU characters, from a Filmation perspective at least. Is he a big ticket at the action figure end of the franchise...? Uh, probably not? The vintage figure was... pretty ugly? Even as a kid, it was one of those toys I looked at and thought "this does not do the cartoon guy justice". The action feature was not a great deal of fun really, and smelled slightly of "random generic gimmick so we can say this toy does something". I did like the removable hat though, even if it was a bit Doctor-Claw's-face. 

So, not one of the MOTUO figs I was super excited about. But he's beautiful! This is the best Orko toy by far, surely. I love the colours, the face (well, "eyes" - vintage and Classics both have a very unappealing vacant stare, but Origins has a lot more character and charm), the articulated head. I know a lot of fans aren't into the scale or the base, but I think the base is really nice and I'm not sure what Origins could have packed him with to make a smaller version work. 

ImPQiMk.jpg

dNVHTgJ.jpg

fheSQSH.jpg

a10671B.jpg

E3KFzIp.jpg

DCXEtfm.jpg

WsuGTl1.jpg

#3071 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9948 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:06 PM

I think I posted this before but a proper Disney mash up would be neat. Dunno which Disney leading man could be He-Man tho.

QytNJxg.jpg

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#3072 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8367 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:33 PM

YjGkc6j.jpg

WsuGTl1.jpg

#3073 Detour

Detour

Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20830 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:30 AM

Dunno which Disney leading man could be He-Man tho.

Hercules.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#3074 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8367 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:37 AM

Hey, what's this?!

l85I4yUm.jpg

Tiny little Orko box on the doorstep? Guy rings the bell five times. An hour later I open the door because the neighbour is making weird noises, and there's a box the size of my car but the kind silent fairy who left it behind clearly wanted it to be a surprise.

It's awesome. Every notable concern I had, or had seen repeated in the fandom, turned out to be unfounded.

1. People complain that you can only open the jaw bridge using the keyhole, there's no way to do it from the inside, but it chews up the swords?
No. It is trivially simple to pop the mechanism from inside without having to push anything through any kind of Dangerous Hole.

2. The throne can't stand up when it's not plugged into the floor because of the peg on the bottom?
Nah, balances fine on that chunky peg. Zodac can go wherever the hell he wants!

3. The stickers! They tear! Be careful!
Well, I had no trouble with mine and they seemed perfectly robust. But maybe I was just being careful because I'd seen the warnings.

The one thing that is a bit ehhhhh? is the Sorceress. Her head sculpt (I don't think it can just be the paint apps?) is jolly unappealing in comparison to Teela, She-Ra and Evil-Lyn. She basically looks like she's from a different toyline. There's a just a sort of cheap, ugly vibe that's more or less fine for the Castle freebie but seems like it would be a harder sell for the single-packed retail version.

UFjezyf.jpg

JRZJu85.jpg

LcNv8vc.jpg

oMroFgR.jpg

P7ed0fJ.jpg

WsuGTl1.jpg

#3075 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9948 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:52 AM

YjGkc6j.jpg

OMG! Hahaha!! :)

Dunno which Disney leading man could be He-Man tho.

Hercules.

*Facepalm* I totally didn't think of that!

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#3076 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

• Supporter
  • 5413 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:00 AM

Been a super long while, but I think I vaguely remember that episode.  Wasn't Arthur actually Mumm-Ra in disguise, though?  Think I remember the two swords fighting on their own at the end of that battle.

Yes, Mumm-Ra was disguised as Arthur, but it was the legit Excaliber.

Here's my haul for today......

I've always thought that Classics Catra looks like she's doing the Zoolander face.

Welllll, hoping my Grayskull would be delivered today, but I guess this will do. 

Orko is certainly one of the iconic MOTU characters, from a Filmation perspective at least. Is he a big ticket at the action figure end of the franchise...? Uh, probably not? The vintage figure was... pretty ugly? Even as a kid, it was one of those toys I looked at and thought "this does not do the cartoon guy justice". The action feature was not a great deal of fun really, and smelled slightly of "random generic gimmick so we can say this toy does something". I did like the removable hat though, even if it was a bit Doctor-Claw's-face. 

So, not one of the MOTUO figs I was super excited about. But he's beautiful! This is the best Orko toy by far, surely. I love the colours, the face (well, "eyes" - vintage and Classics both have a very unappealing vacant stare, but Origins has a lot more character and charm), the articulated head. I know a lot of fans aren't into the scale or the base, but I think the base is really nice and I'm not sure what Origins could have packed him with to make a smaller version work.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the scale of Orko either. My wife picked me up the mini Orko, and I think he's a little closer to the right size. But the proper scale would be somewhere between the two.

#3077 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8367 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:27 PM

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the scale of Orko either. My wife picked me up the mini Orko, and I think he's a little closer to the right size. But the proper scale would be somewhere between the two.

The Loyal Subjects one? He looks pretty good. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#3078 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

• Supporter
  • 5413 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:45 AM

The Loyal Subjects one? He looks pretty good. 

I don't know who makes them, the MOTU mini figures that are out at retail right now. They used to be blind packed in a little Greyskull/Snake Mountain, but are now just carded.

#3079 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8367 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:22 PM

Ah, I wasn't really familiar with Mattel's "Eternia Minis":

C1tXhrA.jpg

But that dude looks great. I'm not so fond of their aesthetic on the humanoid characters though.

I was thinking of these guys from Loyal Subjects:

i9WaD2Z.jpg

WsuGTl1.jpg

#3080 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 4260 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 04:39 PM

While I'm really not a fan of MOTU Origins for the same reasons I'm not huge on G1 with knees these days, they're releasing a Triclops inspired Bret Hart in the Masters of the WWE Universe line. My favourite moti villain and wrestler combined, can't pass on that.

Edited by Rycochet, 08 April 2021 - 05:40 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users