Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 03:38 AM)

I haven't gone 4K yet, I'm a rebel.

@  Ashley : (07 January 2020 - 11:50 PM)

the comic theme is amazing

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Sounds like Victor Caroli but I’m not sure.

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 02:35 PM)

Should I recognise the narrator of the Mutant Hunt trailer?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 January 2020 - 04:30 AM)

I got me Titans Return Blaster, now watch them unveil Earthrise Blaster and Generations Perceptor, a retool of Titans Blaster.

@  ThunderWear : (06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM)

I recently switched to to the comic theme here at the Allspark and I'm so happy I just want to look at it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (06 January 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Can you not take so many lines to say anything?

@  fourteenwings : (06 January 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Iunno, maybe people having unique pronunciations of things re:how they understand language makes the world a more colourful place, rather than one where we correct every seemingly grievous error?

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:12 AM)

Others insist on "Michael Yackson".

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:01 AM)

Because the very combination of those sounds is unknown to them, and thus they avoid it as if it were contagious.

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:00 AM)

For example, the English "J" sound consists of sounds that exist in German: Basically, it's just a "d" sound followed by a very soft "sh". Yet there are many Germans who insist on calling the late King of Pop "Michael Checkson".

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:58 AM)

I'm talking about names that should pe easily pronouncable if you just bothered to pay attention to how it's done correctly instead of insisting on "I speak X language and this is how I prounounce it!"

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:57 AM)

I'm not even talking about foreign names that have sounds that don't exist in the speaker's language.

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:56 AM)

Something that really irks me is when people are persistently ignorant about the correct pronunciation of foreign names, especially when it's people they either admire or frequently interact with on a daily basis.

@  Agamus : (05 January 2020 - 09:22 PM)

wait this isn't the search bar

@  Agamus : (05 January 2020 - 09:22 PM)

hard-to-find-media

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

He-Man & the Masters of the Universe: New Netflix show p129

2689 replies to this topic

#101 Somebody

Somebody
  • Citizen
  • 2183 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(Dake @ Apr 29 2011, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Cringer looks perfect honestly after all, he did grow quite a bit when he became Battle Cat.

Can't find a screencap with Cringer & Marlena, but compare his side with Adam here to his size with Marlena in the MC picture:

Attached Thumbnails

• QueenMarlena_001_md.jpg
  • CringerScale.jpg

Edited by Somebody, 29 April 2011 - 10:59 AM.

#102 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17413 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(Somebody @ Apr 29 2011, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Cringer looks perfect honestly after all, he did grow quite a bit when he became Battle Cat.

Can't find a screencap with Cringer & Marlena, but compare his side with Adam here to his size with Marlena in the MC picture:

So maybe a little smaller than the animation, but not enough difference to look wrong to me. Cringer should be a bit smaller IMO as long as its not too small cause it makes the Battle Cat disguise better.

ZacWilliam, how about a compairison with 200x Adam and Cringer just for the heck of it...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#103 gravitybomba

gravitybomba
  • Citizen
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

Wow, that's a pretty cool exclusive with Queen Marlena. Cringer is a bit small, but that's understandable. I guess they had to sacrifice scale to keep the cost down.

GB!

#104 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19319 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(Somebody @ Apr 29 2011, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh, yeah - he is a little smaller than he should be. I guess I figure a dedicated Cringer is something we never would see otherwise though and he's as big as they could make him within their budget.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#105 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66363 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

I hope the dress some how seals or pegs together around Marlena.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#106 Somebody

Somebody
  • Citizen
  • 2183 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(Dake @ Apr 29 2011, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I figure a dedicated Cringer is something we never would see otherwise though and he's as big as they could make him within their budget.

They found the budget for a big yellow gorilla who'd never been in any form of MotU fiction. Meanwhile, Cringer's a core character...

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Apr 29 2011, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So maybe a little smaller than the animation, but not enough difference to look wrong to me. Cringer should be a bit smaller IMO as long as its not too small cause it makes the Battle Cat disguise better.

ZacWilliam, how about a compairison with 200x Adam and Cringer just for the heck of it...

Well, look at the ghost image below, with Cringer's head & shoulders scaled to around the same as the with-Cringer Marlena. And as the other caps below (from "Night of the Shadowbeasts") show, Cringer wasn't much smaller in MYP.

Attached Thumbnails

• CringerScaledDown.jpg
  • MYPCringerScale.jpg

Edited by Somebody, 29 April 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#107 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6278 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(Somebody @ Apr 29 2011, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Dake @ Apr 29 2011, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I figure a dedicated Cringer is something we never would see otherwise though and he's as big as they could make him within their budget.

They found the budget for a big yellow gorilla who'd never been in any form of MotU fiction. Meanwhile, Cringer's a core character...

Most of the big yellow gorilla was reused for the Shadow Beast, though, so they were able to profit off the tooling twice. Meanwhile, Cringer is a cheapo one-time pack-in with no particular reuse potential. I also think his size is being misjudged a bit due to how low the toy holds its head compared to the height of its shoulders.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#108 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19319 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Yeah - he is undersized, but he's also cowering significantly whereas in the pic with Adam he's at least standing up straight. The toy still wouldn't come up to her waist with straight legs, but it'd be closer.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#109 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8050 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(Somebody @ Apr 29 2011, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, sure. The former is a big ax-wielding gorilla warrior and the latter is Battle Cat's nondescript secret identity.

Believe me, I'd have loved enough size and articulation to pull off Cringer's "covering his eyes with his paws" look, but I can't fault Mattel at all for not wanting to devote such tooling to him.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#110 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18721 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:03 AM

Wow, I wish I could get Cringer and the DeLorean...

...and Stay Puft, maybe Polly Pocket...

Sigh.

Anyway, Queen Marlena in space garb sure looks a lot like Captain Hydron, now that I look at her... same hair color, too...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#111 lightsyder

lightsyder
  • Citizen
  • 1279 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:46 PM

If anyone is looking for Classics Chief Carnivus, Roboto or Buzz-off send me a PM. I've got all three MIB for sale. Just thought I would drop a line here in case anyone was interested. I'm asking for $25 plus shipping.

#112 Magnus

Magnus

Board

• Supporter
  • 7755 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

Ooh, those three are the only ones i've missed out on so far....

Anyway, my Sy Klone came without his red ring. Madness. I wonder if Matty will send me a new one?

#113 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36540 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

I really want that Stay Puft, as he's the Stay Puft toy i've wanted ever since I was a kid.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#114 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19319 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:02 AM

And Catra is on the way.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#115 TSM-in-N.Y.

TSM-in-N.Y.

Enough Blood For You?

• Citizen
  • 4956 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

Catra just sold out.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

"Are you stuck on stupid?"
KEEP THE BEATS PHRESH YO! TSM-in-N.Y.

"To paraphrase the great M. Biehn in The Terminator, I don't misspell words, you do. Don't do that again. Listen and understand, I am out here. I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with. I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear and I absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" - TSM-in-N.Y.

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as. And I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children." Lauren Caitlin Upton - Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007, answering a question on why 20 percent of Americans surveyed are unable to locate the U.S. on a world map.

#116 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66363 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:14 AM

I'm excited for Catra. I wonder if Mattel will be wary in selling more Princess of Power figures since Catra took a whole 30 hours to sell out rather than 3 hours. What with her likely being the second most sought after character from that line besides She-Ra/Adora (who sold out real quick).

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#117 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19319 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

I think(hope) they are comfortable with this. Maybe they've finally dialed in the right production numbers for going forward in which things last a little longer but still sell out in a reasonable time frame. Even something that takes a week to sell out is still a sell-out for them. I can't believe they'd start to worry unless something was up there for a full month or longer.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#118 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39193 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

Heaven forbid that they actually have stock to sell so new customers don't have to resort to Ebay.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#119 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4143 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ May 18 2011, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm excited for Catra. I wonder if Mattel will be wary in selling more Princess of Power figures since Catra took a whole 30 hours to sell out rather than 3 hours. What with her likely being the second most sought after character from that line besides She-Ra/Adora (who sold out real quick).

Randy

I ordered her the day after she was put up. With DotM getting released on monday, and all the effort I did to get anything on that day, I forgot all about her/

Didn't help when I ordered her on Tuesday that I was reminded that one of the nastier, mean spirited and just mean board posters here shares a name with her function almost turned me away from doing the order.

Edited by Monocle, 21 May 2011 - 02:22 AM.

#120 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19319 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

Just picked up Battleground Teela and Faceless One, no problems at all and I was even on my phone! Maybe they really do have this figured out!

8ZSy6aw.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users