Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

He-Man & the Masters of the Universe: New Netflix show p129

2782 replies to this topic

#2721 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7864 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:56 PM

A couple of interesting quotes from the RPG.net thread:

I believe they are going with a Multiverse approach, so that you could play - as per one character in the stream - a Beast-Man from an alternate timeline who became his universe's empowered champion as "He-Beast".

In the demo, they mentioned that Castle Greyskull contains a some kind of reality nexus and that there are an unlimited number of Eternias in a multiverse. The four characters in the demo were each from their own Eternia and brought together by the Sorceress to fight the Skeletor of her Eternia. They specifically said that you could use a wide range of tones ranging from the 80's cartoon to more modern takes. The characters in the demo came across as "fantasy but with superpowers" with a super-strong martial artist, a speedster, an electricity controller, and the animal controlling Beast Man. I got the sense they were really leaning in on Cortex's flexibility to make the game adaptable to anyone's personal flavor of MotU.

It's great to see this approach explicitly in the foreground, because it slides you towards He-Man and the Masters of the Spider-Mutliverse which is surely one of the greatest pieces of fiction in MOTU history and a stunningly perfect template for an RPG campaign. 

u6heeac.jpg

Edited by Maruten, 09 August 2020 - 07:02 PM.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2722 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67850 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 09 August 2020 - 10:08 PM

New toy stuff: https://news.toyark....con-2020-398253

ACItEK8.png

#2723 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7864 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:04 PM

Very interested to see how that Masterverse stuff turns out. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2724 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7864 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 06:30 AM

New comic book prequel to the Kevin Smith show coming apparently. Haven't seen any official info but this is what peoples are saying.

Edited by Maruten, 10 August 2020 - 06:30 AM.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2725 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Aligned Continuity Beauty

• Supporter
  • 63390 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 11 August 2020 - 07:30 PM

at least from the silhouettes we can see that at least 2 of them aren't other versions of He-man 

#2726 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 3023 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 11:00 PM

because it slides you towards He-Man and the Masters of the Spider-Mutliverse which is surely one of the greatest pieces of fiction in MOTU history

That cynical dreck? Absolutely nowhere near.

#2727 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67850 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:34 PM

Scare Glow was always my favorite as a kid (I had the original and have everything they've released for him since). Looking forward to seeing him.
https://screenrant.c...odd-scary-glow/

ACItEK8.png

#2728 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7864 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 07:04 PM

Haven't found time to watch this yet, BUT. Play.

That He-Beast bio right there is a great example of the sort of fun we can expect to see radiating out of this game. It's easy to imagine "[X] gets power of Grayskull and becomes He-[X]" being a popular concept and getting old quickly, but... this universe has so much potential for role-playing fun.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2729 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7864 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:31 PM

Thanks to the Origins galleries I've been enjoying on the Facebook account of a certain mysterious Allspark member who shall remain DRACULA, I was motivated to dig out my 2002 stuff while I wait (IMPATIENTLY) for my own Origins to arrive. 

I was thrilled to find the first wave in TRU, and then never saw another toy from the line at retail in this country. Which is a huge bummer, because I'd love to have got hold of the whole stupid lot of them. I didn't remember the first wave being this big, so that was a pleasant surprise. And I had absolutely no recollection of owning Battle Cat.

Having basically not touched these guys since 2002 I guess, I was quite surprised that their articulation is so limited (but of course, SOMEHOW?!, they're old enough to drink legally, so I shouldn't judge them by modern standards). And that they're packed with action features... I didn't recall them being so mechanically play-focused I guess. 

I think they hold up really well. I'll probably grab a few cheap randos (not to be confused with Randors) from eBay. 

PhMCeba.jpg

xTZLCma.jpg

REALLY happy to have this Mer-Man, because I LOVE this head that swerves away from the vintage toy and more towards an early mini-comics (etc) look. I really think the vintage Mer-Man head (which of course is where Origins will be coming from) is a dreadful Mer-Man. It's a critical ingredient for Stinkor though, and he's probably my favourite MOTU character, so I'll allow it. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2730 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36806 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:55 PM

So finally got around to reading that Masters of the Multiverse comic.

Spoiler

Wouldn't mind seeing more stuff that this comic set up though.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#2731 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7864 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 11:13 PM

I think that's a fair perspective but probably

Spoiler

It struck me as the obvious thing to do, but going the other way, full

Spoiler

so narratively it packs more punch I think. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2732 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19861 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 11:25 PM

Thanks to the Origins galleries I've been enjoying on the Facebook account of a certain mysterious Allspark member who shall remain DRACULA, I was motivated to dig out my 2002 stuff while I wait (IMPATIENTLY) for my own Origins to arrive. 

I was thrilled to find the first wave in TRU, and then never saw another toy from the line at retail in this country. Which is a huge bummer, because I'd love to have got hold of the whole stupid lot of them. I didn't remember the first wave being this big, so that was a pleasant surprise. And I had absolutely no recollection of owning Battle Cat.

Having basically not touched these guys since 2002 I guess, I was quite surprised that their articulation is so limited (but of course, SOMEHOW?!, they're old enough to drink legally, so I shouldn't judge them by modern standards). And that they're packed with action features... I didn't recall them being so mechanically play-focused I guess. 

I think they hold up really well. I'll probably grab a few cheap randos (not to be confused with Randors) from eBay. 

PhMCeba.jpg

xTZLCma.jpg

REALLY happy to have this Mer-Man, because I LOVE this head that swerves away from the vintage toy and more towards an early mini-comics (etc) look. I really think the vintage Mer-Man head (which of course is where Origins will be coming from) is a dreadful Mer-Man. It's a critical ingredient for Stinkor though, and he's probably my favourite MOTU character, so I'll allow it. 

To this day I still think it was a great looking line and have it in my toy display. I would much rather buy these figures with modern articulation over the new vintage, articulated line. Shipping may still be rough for you, but they can (mostly) all be picked up pretty cheaply on Ebay now - aside from the very late in the line Snake Men stuff.

Also, you're right about that Mer-Man's inspiration. I believe it was a Toyfare Magazine interview of the Four Horsemen, and the designer said he specifically set out to do the mini-comic face because as a kid, he was always disappointed in how the final toy wound up looking.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#2733 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7864 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 12:09 AM

They're a somewhat shocking rebuttal to the popular argument that 5POA automatically means "garbage". If they're just sitting on a shelf, they easily look as good as most of the MOTUC came up with. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2734 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40587 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:38 AM

Man, that 200X series looks awesome still! 

I have been recently purging my spare MISB 200X stuff, I am down to one MOTUC and one 200X toy. 

I still have all my lose ones though. I just need to find some space to set them up. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#2735 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9640 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:06 AM

They're a somewhat shocking rebuttal to the popular argument that 5POA automatically means "garbage". If they're just sitting on a shelf, they easily look as good as most of the MOTUC came up with. 

Theres no doubt that a 5 POA figure can look excellent in the right hands. The 2002 MotU line was always cool to look at. But if your looking to get figures in more complex poses that standing and holding their weapons in front of them, your out of luck.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#2736 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19861 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 12:21 PM

And, while technically 5 POA, they also still have additional movement in the existing joints. They're not like vintage He-man, or Star Wars

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#2737 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67850 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 03:18 PM

I know there is a lot of love for these figures, and the initial designs were great. I final often the final figures were quite lacking. With the humans often looking weird and clunky once shrunk down from the 4H's amazing two ups. He-Man and Feels especially come to mind.

ACItEK8.png

#2738 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52681 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:00 PM

I do worry that Transformers is following some bad lessons from a property whose last two major reinventions were 80% the same character designs but 20% more modern sculpting and then 90% the same character designs but 10% more vintage sculpting.

Edited by MrBlud, 04 September 2020 - 06:01 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#2739 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20742 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:56 PM

I'm fine with 5POA but I hate both overly-posed 5POA (like Kenner's Total Justice) and really static-looking figures (like ReAction figures).

A little bend at the elbows and knees can go a long way to make a figure feel alive without making it feel stuck in one pose. Chap Mei's fantasy figures always pulled that off really well IMO.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#2740 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 3800 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 08:36 AM

Weren't the 200X figures originally designed with more articulation in mind, only for Mattel to nix it to cut costs?

I still love the 200x line, the sculpting is top notch.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users