Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:54 PM)

And no.. We could always get Titan Class Superion.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM)

We need Titan Class Transformers Armada Metroplex.

@  Telly : (26 March 2020 - 08:39 PM)

ill be surprised if scorpy isnt the last titan

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:57 PM)

Too bad a new character titan class figure is pretty much an impossibility.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM)

I want a titan class, really good looking bucket wheel excavator. Like Cybertron Metroplex was supposed to be but didn't quite pull off.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 March 2020 - 03:32 PM)

I just taped up a shower curtain and took my first shower in three weeks. It was heavenly.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (26 March 2020 - 11:48 AM)

I would buy that...

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Studio Series 100 Titan Class Driller.

@  Sabrblade : (23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM)

I'll give ya 25 cents, a pack of gum, and some peanuts.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 March 2020 - 07:35 PM)

I can give ya twenty bucks for it.

@  Paladin : (23 March 2020 - 04:28 PM)

hoarder? I hardly know 'er?

@  Dekafox : (23 March 2020 - 01:52 PM)

FOR THE HORDE!

@  repowers : (23 March 2020 - 01:48 PM)

* hordes shrubberies *

@  Telly : (23 March 2020 - 01:46 PM)

YET...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 March 2020 - 01:22 PM)

At least we haven't resorted to shouting "NI" at old ladies.

@  CORVUS : (23 March 2020 - 11:04 AM)

Keep it out, and I won't reply to it.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 March 2020 - 08:50 AM)

It's a sad world where we can't discuss our health and safety without it descending into political arguments...

@  fourteenwings : (22 March 2020 - 11:46 PM)

woah I have no idea what's going on here but it's certainly breaking the "keep P&R out of the shoutbox" rules (which really should be enforced like... at all)

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:13 PM)

Ugh, Chinese. Typo-city.

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:11 PM)

Rodimus, you're just flat-out wrong. Trump eliminated the Pandemic Response Team. Trump was advised in January that this could be serious, and he didn't listen. Trump spent weeks downplaying COVID-19 by implying it was a hoax, and then that it was just a type of flu. He was late to close down travel from China, and by the time he closed down air-travel to the EU, that was also too late. He has refused to take responsibility for removing the pandemic response team, even though he basically bragged about it some months before. He's also prematurely talked up treatments using chlorquinine that have not been properly vetted as yet, and he keeps calling COVID-19 the "Chinense virus" because he can't help but be a jerk. Face facts: Trump is an incompetent bungler. Period. Full-stop.

@  repowers : (22 March 2020 - 03:49 PM)

That's totally super biased!

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 03:00 PM)

I'm not. I'm listening to his own contradictory statements.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Most people don't, but it's still making enough ratings to continue, apparently.

@  Bass X0 : (22 March 2020 - 11:45 AM)

I’m not finding modern episodes of The Simpson’s at all funny.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (22 March 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Trump HAS been working on this, stop listening to those idiot "news" outlets that just spin everything against him out of bias.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 08:52 AM)

At the least, they could keep it off of Twitter.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 March 2020 - 08:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure the capuchin from "outbreak" would have done a better job than trump.

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 05:13 AM)

Isn't it sad that President Schwarzenegger would have been the better alternative in retrospect?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 March 2020 - 03:38 AM)

It was President Schwarzenegger, not Wolfcastle.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

He-Man & the Masters of the Universe: New Netflix show p129

2713 replies to this topic

#2661 Zillatron

Zillatron

Lord of the Energon Harvest

• Citizen
  • 6353 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 09 December 2019 - 05:05 AM

If anyone is still interested, the Mega Construx Wind Raider is showing up at Marshall's for $10.99.

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

#2662 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66850 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:51 PM

A second all new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe show is coming to Netflix.  This one is CG animated:

https://nerdist.com/...rwflw10epkjONhY

Get ready to raise your mighty power sword aloft once again and yell “By the power of Grayskull!” Netflix has announced the return of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe in an all-new animated CGI animated series. Yes, this is in addition to the previously announced Masters of the Universe: Revelation anime series coming to us from Kevin Smith!

This new series, made in partnership with Mattel Television, will reimagine the Masters of the Universe classic tale with all-new storylines and a fresh take on the iconic characters. You can check out the first preview art, as well as the series’ first official synopsis, down below:

“On the planet of Eternia, a young lost prince discovers the powers of Grayskull and transforms into He-Man, Master of the Universe! The classic battle between He-Man and evil Skeletor rages to new heights as both hero and villain forge new and mighty teams. A new generation of heroes fighting for the fate of us all. In the end, who will become Master of the Universe?”

From the sound of things, this doesn’t look like it will stray too far from the classic formula that made the original series and toyline so massively popular decades ago. And the teaser image certainly evokes the He-Man of yesteryear. This new series has a well known assortment of names behind it that should be familiar to animation and comics fandom. The show is being executive produced by Adam Bonnett (Descendants), Christopher Keenan (Justice League), and Rob David (Masters of the Universe: Revelation), Jeff Matsuda (The Batman), Susan Corbin (Voltron), and Arrow’s Bryan Q Miller.

Mattel’s Fred Soulie said in a statement that “Masters of the Universe is one of the most iconic global franchises of all time, with a 30-year history and a passionate fan base. The entire team at Mattel is excited to introduce the world of He-Man to a new generation and, together with the talented team at Netflix, to reimagine the classic characters in a way that appeals to kids and families today, while also resonating with the fans who grew up with them.”
He-Man defends Castle Grayskull from the forces of evil, in the promo art from the 1980s toyline.

This new series means that going forward, Mattel and Netflix are approaching the Masters franchise in a very interesting way. They are extending the continuity of the original ’80s Filmation series with Kevin Smith’s Revelations, and also rebooting it with this new show. Oh, and She-Ra and the Princesses of Power is still out there, which is in a universe all its own. Or is it connected to this new show? Should we be calling this franchise Masters of the Multiverse instead? Actually, that’s the title of a current comic from DC. Maybe the seeds for a He-Man multiverse are being planted right there!

In addition, plans are still in the cards for the live-action Masters of the Universe movie from Sony to land in 2021. Rumors have been circulating that it may possibly forego theaters and go straight to Netflix, which would then make the streamer the main home for all things He-Man. Although we must add that these are still rumors, and the movie currently does have a theatrical release date of March 21st of that year. But regardless of where it lands, one thing is for sure. And that is that the next couple of years are going to be epic for fans of all things Eternian.

ACItEK8.png

#2663 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66850 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:56 PM

MOTU_HE-MAN_SOURCE_600dpi_edit20191217-6473-m97gtp.jpg 80235936_2568588933260277_398335380362887168_o.jpg

ACItEK8.png

#2664 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9377 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:06 PM

They are trying really hard to make MOTU a thing again.

#2665 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:26 PM

Mattel losing the DC license might have helped light that fire, TBH.

We'll see how it turns out, Voltron didn't make huge waves in the merchandise department, but Mattel has a more vested interest in this than Playmates had in Voltron.

#2666 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1317 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 December 2019 - 05:33 PM

We'll see how it turns out, Voltron didn't make huge waves in the merchandise department, but Mattel has a more vested interest in this than Playmates had in Voltron.

Mattel didn't lose the DC license, Mattel actively gave up most of it that wasn't making them money. Mattel still has the #1 selling action figure license.
LOOKDOWN.png

#2667 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11138 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:52 PM

Voltron did horrible toy wise... because they were all, ALL the same characters/lions over and over again.

The voltron was... How Mattel is going to screw up He-Man.. AGAIN. Cause we all know Mattel is just going to focus on He-Man and Skeletor.

#2668 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7452 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:02 PM

Two shows at once? Do they think this is Transformers?

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2669 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 204 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:36 PM

Well, this reeks of desperation.

The Sunbow and Marvel Productions script/storyboard archive, chronicling ten years of animation history: https://sunbowmarvel...e.blogspot.com/

#2670 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

We the North

• Supporter
  • 62756 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:03 AM

I'm looking forward to giving it a chance. the animation 'style' could take some getting use to 

#2671 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17613 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:10 AM

Honestly I give a kid-aimed CGI reinvention better odds of being good and fun than a mature adult nostalgia-delusion trying to make the property something it never was.

-ZacWilliam, though I'd much rather have a spin-off of the current awesome She-ra show than either of those.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2672 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9377 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:09 PM

I read an article on IO9 that called the Kevin Smith show a limited series.  I don't know if that's based on real information or if it's just an assumption, but it would sort of make more sense out of starting up another one.

#2673 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 08:02 PM

So, those neo-MOTU styled WWE figures are starting to filter out, or at least the ring is.  I was at a Walmart out of town today, and they had them marked on clearance for $20.

I think this is a goof. I've worked for Walmart, and they probably got stuff early and didn't have it on the current modular so they just marked it down.  Once new modulars hit, I'm sure it will go back up in price.  But it's worth checking out if your local Walmart is stupid.  They definitely have that chunky charm, so I'm curious how the market will respond.

#2674 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20698 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:03 PM

So, those neo-MOTU styled WWE figures are starting to filter out, or at least the ring is. 

Did they name the Triple H figure "Reign of Terror Claws Triple H" at least?

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#2675 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4759 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:16 PM

So, those neo-MOTU styled WWE figures are starting to filter out, or at least the ring is. 

Did they name the Triple H figure "Reign of Terror Claws Triple H" at least?

I think they just named it "Terror Claws Triple H".  But John Cena is the most unseeable man in the Universe!

#2676 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20698 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:50 PM

God dammit, Mattel, the pun was right there.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#2677 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9377 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:58 PM

Super7 has announced that they're no longer making MOTU figures.  Presumably, Mattel is going to bring them back in-house.

Sadly, that probably means the end of 3.75" MOTU figures, which was all that really interests me.

#2678 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6309 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:07 PM

With the "G1 with joints" Origins line starting at Mattel, I assume MOTU Classics is dead apart from the chance of Power-Con redecos.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#2679 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66850 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:53 PM

Still need that Mini Comic Tri-klops mockup concept that me and my bro came up with to be a thing!

ACItEK8.png

#2680 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19454 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:47 PM

Super7 has announced that they're no longer making MOTU figures.  Presumably, Mattel is going to bring them back in-house.

Sadly, that probably means the end of 3.75" MOTU figures, which was all that really interests me.

Where'd you see that?

I hope they at least get the last wave out. I only wanted Roboto from it, but still like to get it.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users