Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:14 PM)

It's too bad it's like this because some of what they're doing with tiny cars is pretty cool, but I'm not willing to sign up for that f-ing hassle.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:13 PM)

At this point I'm trying to decide how much of a markup I'm willing to pay some scalper scum or if I should just say to hell with it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 September 2019 - 02:11 PM)

That is pretty much the constant story with Hot Wheels. Anything you might actually want has most likely been picked clean and marked up.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:02 PM)

I've been watching some Youtube Hot Wheels videos out of boredom and discovered there exists a new car that just came out maybe a month ago that looks just like one I had when I was little, and I've been looking around hoping to get it. Slim picking everywhere, but online there are a slew of sellers asking for 3 and 4x the retail price, plus a hefty shipping markup.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 01:59 PM)

Oh, that explains the problem I've encountered with finding one little car

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2019 - 01:31 PM)

Oh boy. I work at Target, and literally every single morning, there are two or three guys outside who make a beeline straight to the Hot Wheels.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 September 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Hot Wheels

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 12:25 PM)

Which collecting community has the worst scalpers?

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 September 2019 - 09:55 PM)

I've never read the source material and don't know much about it, but I enjoyed the first film quite a bit, and found the second alright

@  Sabrblade : (17 September 2019 - 09:49 PM)

The first movie was definitely not for me. I flat out hated it. Didn't even bother with the sequel.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2019 - 05:02 PM)

I liked the first movie a lot and enjoyed the original volume of the book, and the way they were developed in parallel was really interesting. It all got super extra unpleasant as soon as they went back though. I don't remember really whether the initial sequels are "good" or not, but either way both the second movie and the second run of the book quickly demonstrated that the property sure wasn't for me.

@  Paladin : (17 September 2019 - 04:45 PM)

i have a real hard time offering praise of anything connected to an utter shitstain like Mark Millar.

@  Rycochet : (17 September 2019 - 01:23 PM)

Kick Ass 2 was okay for what it was, a sequel to a film that was okay, just okay. It had a good performance from Nic Cage while the sequel had Jim Carrey who decided he didn't want to promote it after one of america's regularly scheduled massacres.

@  Benbot : (17 September 2019 - 12:20 PM)

Was Kick Ass 2 really that bad? I never got around to seeing it, but after watching the first movie again the other day, I'm thinking about it.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM)

Okay. Whats the specs on the I7 and what are you currently using?

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM)

fun and games

@  wonko the sane? : (09 September 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Depends entirely on what you use the computer for.

@  Steevy Maximus : (09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Probably not

@  Benbot : (09 September 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Do I need an i7 on my new computer?

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:08 PM)

https://imgur.com/fkyjpza

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:07 PM)

Today's convention haul:

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM)

But it was Huuunnngrrrryyyy. What was I supposed to do?

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2019 - 08:23 AM)

But did you feed any small fuzzy creatures after midnight?

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 06:32 AM)

Shouldn't be. I literally just built it. Not even three weeks ago even.

@  TM2-Megatron : (07 September 2019 - 10:13 PM)

Sounds like your computer's on its last lags, Wonko

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 07:37 PM)

Dunno, crucial says it's fine, gonna need a second opinion.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2019 - 06:52 PM)

Good luck! (or break a leg if it's like theater luck...)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Alright. The damages now seem to include my primary SSD. Thankfully, the gaming drive (I have now lost all my games and mods entirely.) Let me wipe it and install there. Once the crucial utility is installed again, will verify the drive.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

He-Man & the Masters of the Universe: New Netflix show p129

2638 replies to this topic

#2561 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20631 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:47 PM

https://www.wwe.com/...-reveals-photos

WWE-MOTU-06-Ring-Terror-Claws-Triple-H--

Okay

BUT

Are they going to call this figure "Reign of Terror Claws Triple H"?

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#2562 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19122 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:26 PM

You know - I'm glad I'm not in to wrestling, because all the other figures (not just the He-man-based stuff) are pretty impressive.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#2563 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4560 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, I saw parts for Clawful, Terror Claws Skeleton, Sorceress, Man At Arms, Stratos, and Fisto.  I wonder if these are Mattel's attempt to recoup some of the tooling costs in case MotuO flounders at retail.  Kind of gives a peak at figures "on the deck" for the line as well.

#2564 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20631 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:38 PM

I'm kinda bummed they're not closer to the DC Primal Age and such, because I'd LOVE a Macho Man I can use with my old MOTU figures but I don't really feel like getting the new pricy stuff just so Macho Man can fit in.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#2565 planetshum

planetshum
  • Citizen
  • 50 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:16 AM

I started to collect MOTU like last year, so the Origins has come at the right time for me. Also, the WWE line looks crazy in all the right ways. Already I'm writing a list on who I want.

#2566 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2799 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:52 AM

I think this Origins line and that Hilarious Masters of the WWE Universe line look wonderful. 

And man is Mega Construx showing no mercy with the expansion of the MotU into a full line. 

Photobucket blows chunks

#2567 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3187 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:55 PM

A little off topic. I was at my comic book store today and I saw 'Son of Zorn' figures.

#2568 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51940 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:24 PM

That's a pretty nice update of He-Man I think. I was going to say "I hope these do well at retail" but... they won't. MOTU will never escape that Joe-esque black hole. Which isn't really fair, the MOTU fandom is much more reasonable. 

Joes problem seems to be primarily cost.

$15-$20 for a He-Man size figure is a lot more palatable than $12-$15 for a 3 3/4 Joe.

Provided they get it into enough stores and dont screw up the case ratios like last time I think it should do pretty well.

card-strongarm.jpg

#2569 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8533 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:13 PM

Kinky toys

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#2570 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9078 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:54 PM

Uh guys! NEW MOTU SERIES INCOMING TO NETFLIX!

Masters of the Universe: Revelation

@https://twitter.com/ThePowerCon/status/1163199572132257792?s=20

I obviously have no idea how to embed Twitter posts.

But I'm guessing somehow Kevin Smith is involved?

Supposedly set after the classic TV series it involves Teela searching for the Sword of Power to prevent some sort of Universe ending scinerio and reveal the secrets of Greyskull in the process

Edited by Daith, 18 August 2019 - 05:02 PM.

#2571 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8111 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:13 PM

Get ready for Masters of the Universe: Revelation, an animated @netflix show from @ThatKevinSmith that will pick up where the 80s show left off! #MOTU

It was an episodic scheme-of-the-day goofy show! There was no ongoing plot to "pick up" from!

#2572 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17208 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:16 PM

I'll check it out, but honestly I'd much rather have a MotU spin-off of the current She-ra toon. That show is a wonderful reinvention and exactly what I'd want MotU to be.

-ZacWilliam, like I said, I'll happily give this a shot but the involvement of Kevin Smith and the concept of being a direct continuation of the original and the terrible logo on the poster all do not point in a positive direction.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 18 August 2019 - 05:17 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2573 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11247 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:23 PM

Yeah, this sounds unnecessarily complicated in terms of branding.

Who, exactly, has been asking for a direct continuation of the original TV series?

#2574 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51940 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:31 PM

That entire thing is so "Mattel handling He-Man" I can't stand it.

They refuse to acknowledge their piss-poor case ratios doomed the 200X line and continue to think "it wasn't similar enough to the original" was the problem.

Now they're launching a line of new/original figures every fan has bought at least 2x times previously and a cartoon that is not only completely similar to the original BUT STILL IS THE SAME CARTOON!

I forsee the older online fanbase thinking this is the greatest thing ever and will completely rejuvenate the line while the toyline dies and they cancel the cartoon after a season because the kids don't care about an 80's cartoon in 2019.

She-ra merchandise will continue to sell and usher in a huge wave of young female fans as the show accumulates more interest and accolades while said online fanbase pisses and moans, threatening to burn all their He-man merchandise if Mattel "sells out to the SJWs" and makes a cartoon as good and as inclusive as the She-ra one.

Edited by MrBlud, 18 August 2019 - 06:33 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#2575 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:50 PM

They refuse to acknowledge their piss-poor case ratios doomed the 200X line and continue to think "it wasn't similar enough to the original" was the problem.

Now they're launching a line of new/original figures every fan has bought at least 2x times previously and a cartoon that is not only completely similar to the original BUT STILL IS THE SAME CARTOON!

I forsee the older online fanbase thinking this is the greatest thing ever and will completely rejuvenate the line while the toyline dies and they cancel the cartoon after a season because the kids don't care about an 80's cartoon in 2019.

She-ra merchandise will continue to sell and usher in a huge wave of young female fans as the show accumulates more interest and accolades while said online fanbase pisses and moans, threatening to burn all their He-man merchandise if Mattel "sells out to the SJWs" and makes a cartoon as good and as inclusive as the She-ra one.

She-ra merchandise probably would sell well............if it existed.

#2576 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7168 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

Something related to the new She-Ra show seems like too much to hope for - I don't know if anyone on the production side would have been interested in that, though He-Man spinning out of She-Ra would have been a pleasant reversal. A MOTU "continuation" that has to pretend She-Ra never existed is a bummer though obviously.

I'll remain optimistic until they hand us a pile of garbage... I can happily give them points for trying to bring MOTU back to life, even if we don't know how successful the implementation will be yet.

I wonder if this came about because the movie has died or whether they're happy for two unrelated projects to co(allegedly)exist.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2577 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17208 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:18 PM

I keep seeing the phrase "picks up where the original left off" but the original didn't "leave off" anywhere because it had absolutely zero continuing plot of any sort and zero progress or change between first episode and last beyond "She-Ra and The Horde are things that now exist."

-ZacWilliam, in response to an earlier post I was looking at She-Ra merch with my daughter in Target today. Dolls and a talking role-play sword and shield. More dolls coming too IIRC.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 18 August 2019 - 07:20 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2578 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

I keep seeing the phrase "picks up where the original left off" but the original didn't "leave off" anywhere because it had absolutely zero continuing plot of any sort and zero progress or change between first episode and last beyond "She-Ra and The Horde are things that now exist."

-ZacWilliam, in response to an earlier post I was looking at She-Ra merch with my daughter in Target today. Dolls and a talking role-play sword and shield. More dolls coming too IIRC.

Yeah, that is something I picked up on.  The original show was a product of an era where cartoons did not begin or end, they just existed.  Matter of fact, I did some checking.  By the time the first shows to try and have continuity began to air in 1984, it was too late as the writing of He-man was almost over.

Edited by Greebtron, 18 August 2019 - 07:37 PM.

#2579 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1248 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:37 PM

She-ra merchandise probably would sell well............if it existed.

I have seen the dolls and roleplay stuff at Target, though not sure they are moving yet.  Been a few weeks, and they don't seem to have sold any yet.  Yet.  (May pick up a Catra myself, as she's the one character I really like in the series).

I do wish this show would parallel the She-Ra show, for continuity, but I'll likely give it a shot.  It can't be as bad as I am expecting War For Cybertron to be.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#2580 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12176 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:53 PM

so this is like a direct response to She-Ra right? 

can't shake the feeling that a bunch of dudes saw girls were suddenly way into MOTU & loudly went "NO! that's OURS!

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users