Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 07:33 AM)

Huhn. Penny arcade was right, the division 2 is literally 3 dollars...

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2020 - 11:05 PM)

Oh, Wicked Cool Toys got the Halo toy license. This is a big year for Jazwares

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2020 - 07:02 PM)

iTunes/Apple TV has the complete Cowboy Bebop series for just $5!

@  fourteenwings : (17 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

The Samsung Galaxy B-TOOM!

@  Paladin : (16 February 2020 - 07:20 PM)

business is booming.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 February 2020 - 06:49 PM)

SAmsung has you covered. Exploding phones.

@  Patch : (16 February 2020 - 05:21 PM)

Modern problems require modern solutions.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 February 2020 - 05:21 PM)

Japan seems to have a tradition of murder things where cellphones facilitate the killing instead. Like King's Game and Doubt.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2020 - 05:17 PM)

Or there's just conveniently no reception, or all of their phones are dead at the same time. Or they're just stupid and forget about them.

@  Patch : (16 February 2020 - 04:41 PM)

Now the slasher villain has to go and knock over the nearest cell tower before butchering horny teenagers.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2020 - 03:54 PM)

Think of all the horror and mystery movies that involve the bad guys cutting the phone line. Now think about how many people don't even have a land line to cut anymore.

@  Telly : (16 February 2020 - 03:47 PM)

its like that scene in commando. the bad guy has to get to a phone to call the big bad to tell him arnold isnt on the plane. that wouldnt happen today

@  Rycochet : (16 February 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Watching early episodes of the x-files will make you feel super old once you start to notice the techology they use, and the technology they lack.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 February 2020 - 01:00 PM)

This guy.

@  Roddie Luver : (15 February 2020 - 10:55 PM)

Hey

@  Kalidor : (14 February 2020 - 03:01 PM)

The ones that get me are the "Uploaded 12 years ago" ones

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 February 2020 - 02:49 PM)

Makes you feel old, don't it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 February 2020 - 02:38 PM)

While browsing Youtube vids I read these comments: 'The X Files is such an underrated show' and another 'Brent Spiner is a underrated actor' I want to punch something.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2020 - 12:16 PM)

Besides: cupid freaks me out. "Find someone to love, or I'll SHOOT YOU".

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 February 2020 - 12:11 PM)

It's just the day before Cheap Chocolate Day.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2020 - 12:08 PM)

Meh, just more game time.

@  Paladin : (14 February 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Valentine's day. Bummer.

@  Otaku : (14 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

So is that an occasion for congratulations or condolences, Telly?  I see it as a good thing, but that is a matter of personal preference; easier for me to keep straight who is who when the names don't change. XP

@  Telly : (14 February 2020 - 12:48 AM)

damn. ive been going by "telly" on here for nearly 14 years...

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 February 2020 - 08:06 PM)

I've seen it. It didn't really deliver on the title

@  Paladin : (11 February 2020 - 05:28 PM)

we don't need to see that. we're living it.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 February 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Anyone seen an old British movie called 'The Earth dies screaming' it's like a Doctor Who serial minus the Doctor.

@  TriBlurr : (09 February 2020 - 11:58 AM)

Needs more zone defense. Call Scrapper

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 February 2020 - 11:29 AM)

MORE POINTS FOR BLITZWING!

@  Donocropolis : (09 February 2020 - 09:33 AM)

MP-7 Thundercracker recovers....he's at the 40....the 20....AND HE SCORES!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 February 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Reserved for Masterpiece Kup.

@  Sabrblade : (08 February 2020 - 09:49 PM)

MP-10 Convoy redecoed.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 February 2020 - 06:56 AM)

MP-9 Rodimus self-destructed.

@  Nevermore : (08 February 2020 - 06:51 AM)

MP-5 Megatron removed.

@  Bass X0 : (08 February 2020 - 05:20 AM)

MP-50 Tigatron and MP-51 Arcee revealed.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 February 2020 - 02:26 PM)

SkiNNEERRR

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 February 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Superintendent Chalmers is hilarious too, or was when he was played straight. "An unrelated article." "mm hm." "Within the banner headline."

@  PlutoniumBoss : (06 February 2020 - 09:03 PM)

"I'm not a real Mister but I am a real Burns I am an actual Burns..."

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 February 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Optimus looks like his Siege figure. Maybe this will be canon to the Transformers ongoing comic series at the moment.

@  Cyoti : (06 February 2020 - 05:13 PM)

iirc megatron ended up in equestria at the end of gi joe v tfs

@  wonko the sane? : (06 February 2020 - 05:02 PM)

I doubt megatron will fall for that friendship stuff.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 February 2020 - 02:04 PM)

My Little Pony/Transformers is really happening cool!

@  Paladin : (06 February 2020 - 12:49 PM)

I don't know...

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 February 2020 - 12:39 PM)

Okay, Mr. Burns. What's your first name?

@  Paladin : (06 February 2020 - 12:21 PM)

i believe you have a letter for me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (06 February 2020 - 12:11 PM)

My name is Mr Burns.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (06 February 2020 - 11:52 AM)

*Walks in and immediately disappears into a bush like Homer Simpson.*

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 February 2020 - 05:05 AM)

Crossgrin OTP

@  TriBlurr : (05 February 2020 - 09:38 PM)

If anyone at IDW is reading this. Feel free to make that canon

@  TriBlurr : (05 February 2020 - 09:36 PM)

Sweet I can ship him with...*throws dart at board* Skullgrin??? Sure that works

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

He-Man & the Masters of the Universe: New Netflix show p129

2700 replies to this topic

#2561 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20689 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:47 PM

https://www.wwe.com/...-reveals-photos

WWE-MOTU-06-Ring-Terror-Claws-Triple-H--

Okay

BUT

Are they going to call this figure "Reign of Terror Claws Triple H"?

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#2562 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19367 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:26 PM

You know - I'm glad I'm not in to wrestling, because all the other figures (not just the He-man-based stuff) are pretty impressive.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#2563 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4693 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, I saw parts for Clawful, Terror Claws Skeleton, Sorceress, Man At Arms, Stratos, and Fisto.  I wonder if these are Mattel's attempt to recoup some of the tooling costs in case MotuO flounders at retail.  Kind of gives a peak at figures "on the deck" for the line as well.

#2564 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20689 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:38 PM

I'm kinda bummed they're not closer to the DC Primal Age and such, because I'd LOVE a Macho Man I can use with my old MOTU figures but I don't really feel like getting the new pricy stuff just so Macho Man can fit in.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#2565 planetshum

planetshum
  • Citizen
  • 50 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:16 AM

I started to collect MOTU like last year, so the Origins has come at the right time for me. Also, the WWE line looks crazy in all the right ways. Already I'm writing a list on who I want.

#2566 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2847 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:52 AM

I think this Origins line and that Hilarious Masters of the WWE Universe line look wonderful. 

And man is Mega Construx showing no mercy with the expansion of the MotU into a full line. 

Photobucket blows chunks

#2567 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3289 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:55 PM

A little off topic. I was at my comic book store today and I saw 'Son of Zorn' figures.

#2568 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52222 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:24 PM

That's a pretty nice update of He-Man I think. I was going to say "I hope these do well at retail" but... they won't. MOTU will never escape that Joe-esque black hole. Which isn't really fair, the MOTU fandom is much more reasonable. 

Joes problem seems to be primarily cost.

$15-$20 for a He-Man size figure is a lot more palatable than $12-$15 for a 3 3/4 Joe.

Provided they get it into enough stores and dont screw up the case ratios like last time I think it should do pretty well.

card-strongarm.jpg

#2569 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8891 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:13 PM

Kinky toys

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#2570 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9298 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:54 PM

Uh guys! NEW MOTU SERIES INCOMING TO NETFLIX!

Masters of the Universe: Revelation

@https://twitter.com/ThePowerCon/status/1163199572132257792?s=20

I obviously have no idea how to embed Twitter posts.

But I'm guessing somehow Kevin Smith is involved?

Supposedly set after the classic TV series it involves Teela searching for the Sword of Power to prevent some sort of Universe ending scinerio and reveal the secrets of Greyskull in the process

Edited by Daith, 18 August 2019 - 05:02 PM.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#2571 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8426 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:13 PM

Get ready for Masters of the Universe: Revelation, an animated @netflix show from @ThatKevinSmith that will pick up where the 80s show left off! #MOTU

It was an episodic scheme-of-the-day goofy show! There was no ongoing plot to "pick up" from!

#2572 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17481 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:16 PM

I'll check it out, but honestly I'd much rather have a MotU spin-off of the current She-ra toon. That show is a wonderful reinvention and exactly what I'd want MotU to be.

-ZacWilliam, like I said, I'll happily give this a shot but the involvement of Kevin Smith and the concept of being a direct continuation of the original and the terrible logo on the poster all do not point in a positive direction.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 18 August 2019 - 05:17 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2573 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11471 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:23 PM

Yeah, this sounds unnecessarily complicated in terms of branding.

Who, exactly, has been asking for a direct continuation of the original TV series?

#2574 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52222 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:31 PM

That entire thing is so "Mattel handling He-Man" I can't stand it.

They refuse to acknowledge their piss-poor case ratios doomed the 200X line and continue to think "it wasn't similar enough to the original" was the problem.

Now they're launching a line of new/original figures every fan has bought at least 2x times previously and a cartoon that is not only completely similar to the original BUT STILL IS THE SAME CARTOON!

I forsee the older online fanbase thinking this is the greatest thing ever and will completely rejuvenate the line while the toyline dies and they cancel the cartoon after a season because the kids don't care about an 80's cartoon in 2019.

She-ra merchandise will continue to sell and usher in a huge wave of young female fans as the show accumulates more interest and accolades while said online fanbase pisses and moans, threatening to burn all their He-man merchandise if Mattel "sells out to the SJWs" and makes a cartoon as good and as inclusive as the She-ra one.

Edited by MrBlud, 18 August 2019 - 06:33 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#2575 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:50 PM

They refuse to acknowledge their piss-poor case ratios doomed the 200X line and continue to think "it wasn't similar enough to the original" was the problem.

Now they're launching a line of new/original figures every fan has bought at least 2x times previously and a cartoon that is not only completely similar to the original BUT STILL IS THE SAME CARTOON!

I forsee the older online fanbase thinking this is the greatest thing ever and will completely rejuvenate the line while the toyline dies and they cancel the cartoon after a season because the kids don't care about an 80's cartoon in 2019.

She-ra merchandise will continue to sell and usher in a huge wave of young female fans as the show accumulates more interest and accolades while said online fanbase pisses and moans, threatening to burn all their He-man merchandise if Mattel "sells out to the SJWs" and makes a cartoon as good and as inclusive as the She-ra one.

She-ra merchandise probably would sell well............if it existed.

The Sunbow and Marvel Productions script/storyboard archive, chronicling ten years of animation history: https://sunbowmarvel...e.blogspot.com/

#2576 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7394 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

Something related to the new She-Ra show seems like too much to hope for - I don't know if anyone on the production side would have been interested in that, though He-Man spinning out of She-Ra would have been a pleasant reversal. A MOTU "continuation" that has to pretend She-Ra never existed is a bummer though obviously.

I'll remain optimistic until they hand us a pile of garbage... I can happily give them points for trying to bring MOTU back to life, even if we don't know how successful the implementation will be yet.

I wonder if this came about because the movie has died or whether they're happy for two unrelated projects to co(allegedly)exist.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2577 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17481 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:18 PM

I keep seeing the phrase "picks up where the original left off" but the original didn't "leave off" anywhere because it had absolutely zero continuing plot of any sort and zero progress or change between first episode and last beyond "She-Ra and The Horde are things that now exist."

-ZacWilliam, in response to an earlier post I was looking at She-Ra merch with my daughter in Target today. Dolls and a talking role-play sword and shield. More dolls coming too IIRC.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 18 August 2019 - 07:20 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2578 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

I keep seeing the phrase "picks up where the original left off" but the original didn't "leave off" anywhere because it had absolutely zero continuing plot of any sort and zero progress or change between first episode and last beyond "She-Ra and The Horde are things that now exist."

-ZacWilliam, in response to an earlier post I was looking at She-Ra merch with my daughter in Target today. Dolls and a talking role-play sword and shield. More dolls coming too IIRC.

Yeah, that is something I picked up on.  The original show was a product of an era where cartoons did not begin or end, they just existed.  Matter of fact, I did some checking.  By the time the first shows to try and have continuity began to air in 1984, it was too late as the writing of He-man was almost over.

Edited by Greebtron, 18 August 2019 - 07:37 PM.

The Sunbow and Marvel Productions script/storyboard archive, chronicling ten years of animation history: https://sunbowmarvel...e.blogspot.com/

#2579 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1303 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:37 PM

She-ra merchandise probably would sell well............if it existed.

I have seen the dolls and roleplay stuff at Target, though not sure they are moving yet.  Been a few weeks, and they don't seem to have sold any yet.  Yet.  (May pick up a Catra myself, as she's the one character I really like in the series).

I do wish this show would parallel the She-Ra show, for continuity, but I'll likely give it a shot.  It can't be as bad as I am expecting War For Cybertron to be.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#2580 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12810 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:53 PM

so this is like a direct response to She-Ra right? 

can't shake the feeling that a bunch of dudes saw girls were suddenly way into MOTU & loudly went "NO! that's OURS!

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users