Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  RichardT1977 : (23 August 2019 - 11:10 AM)

Morthrax in season 1, Morthrey in season 2 (and I spelled them phonetically; I don't know the official spellings)

@  Paladin : (23 August 2019 - 10:48 AM)

*WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!?!?!*

@  Sabrblade : (23 August 2019 - 09:22 AM)

MARTHAAAAAAAA!!

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 August 2019 - 08:44 AM)

Martia, Martia, Martia!

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 August 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Mor-taxian actually or Motheren, I forget.

@  Pennpenn : (23 August 2019 - 03:40 AM)

They're from Maritius?

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 August 2019 - 07:13 PM)

AK AK AKAKAK

@  RichardT1977 : (22 August 2019 - 07:08 PM)

He's a MARTIAN!

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 August 2019 - 02:35 AM)

No changes with me. To life immortal.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 August 2019 - 01:13 PM)

A French version named Eht Reht. Oh wait...

@  wonko the sane? : (21 August 2019 - 11:07 AM)

The most dangerous words in the english language: "I have money..."...

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 August 2019 - 04:43 AM)

Zombie version, Hot Rot.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 August 2019 - 01:58 AM)

A chef version named Hot Pot.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 August 2019 - 01:57 AM)

Does that hold true for the accent of any British Allsparkers here?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 August 2019 - 01:56 AM)

I was reading some GoBots + Transformers discussion on Twitter and saw a British user point out that "BuggyMan" can sound like "boogeyman".

@  Otaku : (20 August 2019 - 11:28 PM)

@Sabrblade Part of me wishes I had purchased the coffee cup with that comic when it was for sale.  The rest of me knows I didn't have the money for it. XD

@  Sabrblade : (20 August 2019 - 07:59 PM)

That's the Superdeformers version. He uses the MacGuffix to warm up his coffee.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 August 2019 - 07:56 PM)

A bodybuilder version named Hot Bod.

@  unluckiness : (20 August 2019 - 07:43 PM)

A psychedelic-colored repaint named Pot Rod

@  Sean Whitmore : (20 August 2019 - 07:42 PM)

Runner-up dumb idea: A Bizarro-like clone of Hot Rod named Not Rod.

@  RichardT1977 : (20 August 2019 - 06:25 PM)

One of the dumbest TF ideas I ever had: Hot Rod (by whatever means) produces a son, who is named "Go-Cart".

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 August 2019 - 06:06 PM)

In its current form, DS9 is eventually going to fade from the public consciousness. Even on modern top-of-the-line displays, those old SD masters look like trash, and there's only so long younger generations will be able to stomach them. I can only imagine how they'll look when everyone has ultra-short throw projectors casting 120" images on their walls

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 August 2019 - 06:05 PM)

It's definitely offputting, but Trek is one property I'd be willing to hold my nose and open my wallet for. I care far more about DS9 being available in the long-term, and for future generations, than my distaste for corporate greed

@  Rycochet : (20 August 2019 - 05:39 PM)

'Pay up now and fund this remaster we'll be able to profit from for decades, as this will be your only chance to get that show you like on BluRay... Until the superdeluxe re-release with even more stuff and a metal box.'

@  Rycochet : (20 August 2019 - 05:14 PM)

Stuff they're intending to remaster anyway for their streaming service would become crowdfunding projects.

@  Rycochet : (20 August 2019 - 05:09 PM)

I love DS9, but there is something offputting about giving money direct to Viacom for a project like this, probably because it would set a bad precedent. Given how moneygrubbing they are, it would quickly become their go-to solution for any old show they want remastered rather than dipping their hands in their own deep pockets.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 August 2019 - 02:48 PM)

A crowdfunding probably wouldn't be that outrageous. The DS9 Documentary "What We Left Behind" that was recently released on blu-ray managed to raise nearly $650,000 on IndieGoGo. Imagine how much fans might contribute if it were guaranteed the remaster would happen provided the goal was reached.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 August 2019 - 04:10 AM)

Let me call on my friend Dr Rockso, the Rock 'n Roll Clown. (He does cocaine.)

@  Nutjob R/T : (20 August 2019 - 12:48 AM)

New crowdfunding project: We need to get enough nose candy for the Paramount execs to keep 'em up long enough to get DS9 squeezed out

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 04:36 PM)

They're hideously cheap. I'm just glad some decision maker in the upper echelons stayed high as a kite for long enough for us to get TOS, TNG and TAS on blu-ray

@  Rycochet : (19 August 2019 - 04:16 PM)

Paramount are kinda cheap and Ds9 isn't popular enough for them to go all out on a remaster.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:37 PM)

Or hell, they could just shorten a season of Discovery by 2-3 episodes and that'd pay for the DS9 remaster in full (assuming the 8 to 8.5 million per episode for Discovery that was reported a while back is accurate)

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Redoing some of the more simple effects like phasers and transporters and whatnot (basically what they've already had practice doing for TNG)

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:30 PM)

They could scan and rebuild the film elements, and then upscale the original CGI only (provided it still exists as separate footage)

@  Dekafox : (19 August 2019 - 02:33 PM)

Basically its in the same situation as DS9 IIRC with loss of models and how the CGI was applied to the existing footage.

@  Dekafox : (19 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

Not gonna happen unless they recreate all the CGI from scratch, unfortunately. Or just upscale the broadcast masters, which would be basically pointless.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 August 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Babylon 5 must come to Blu Ray.

@  MEDdMI : (19 August 2019 - 07:28 AM)

Even in the winter, he has to clear the roads of snow.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 August 2019 - 03:46 AM)

His work is never done.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2019 - 03:06 AM)

Everyone quickly gets sick of flubbing the name and collectively agree to just call the combiner "Roadworks"

@  Sabrblade : (18 August 2019 - 09:34 PM)

For some reason, I've always wanted to see a "Menastator", all five Stunticons and all six Constructicons in an 11-piece combiner.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 August 2019 - 01:35 PM)

Dunno what we'd call a Megatron combiner, we almost got a Megastator in IDW but nothing in Combiner Wars.

@  Paladin : (18 August 2019 - 01:30 PM)

somehow read that as "Megachronic." wonder if Decepticons get the munchies...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2019 - 11:30 AM)

Skywarp can barely form a coherent sentence half the time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 August 2019 - 11:24 AM)

If Cyclonus combines into Galvatronus, does Skywarp form Megatronic?

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2019 - 09:12 AM)

There's something weird about starting to type Good Omens into a media store's search bar and having it come up with Queen's greatest hits compliations.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 August 2019 - 12:07 AM)

Well then they need to re-release Vector Prime. :D Of course I would accept Vector Prime Headmaster with Alpha Trion as the head.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

That said, the bendy sword is ridiculous.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

I dunno, the old one is still pretty good by modern standards and the clunkiness is somewhat in-character.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

We need a new vector prime

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

He-Man & the Masters of the Universe: New Netflix show p129

2632 replies to this topic

#2281 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7112 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:59 AM

POP too. Uh, in Australia anyway.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2282 Ryougabot

Ryougabot
  • Citizen
  • 1915 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

I was never a huge fan of MOTU, but I wanted to share a great MOTU experience I had this weekend.  My family has Movie night on the weekends, we basically pick a movie that we think the son (10) would like, and it usually is a good pick.  Last week we all watched the 1987 classic Masters of the Universe.  I can really understand why it was hated then by fans (it was different in theme, lore, history and feel from the cartoon), but my son was TOTALLY entertained.  As a film for kids it was very effective.  He was able to jump into an expansive universe without the need for any context and he had a great time.

Another thing I noticed, that film did not age badly.  The effects were immersive and well done, the acting of the heroes was passable, and it was a pretty well structured movie with good pacing.  The thing that I under-remembered was Langella's performance as Skelator.  This is a classically trained "serious" actor.  Such a role should have been far below him.  But he completely immersed himself in the role.  He was so over the top and unapologetic, he was a blast to watch.  Some actors do a part because "they have to, but he actually looks like he is having fun with it.

BTW, the movie night has been a huge success, he is now a huge fan of Secret of NIMH, Princess Bride, and the Last Starfighter.  I need to find a copy of Willow and MIB, he may like these (my little nerd, I am so proud).

"Expect me when I arrive" - G'kar
Ryougabot

#2283 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65421 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

Glad he enjoyed the film.

Secret of Nihm is my favorite animated film of all time.

ACItEK8.png

#2284 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17160 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:32 PM

Did Last Starfighter with my son last summer and he loved it despite the badly aged FX. I'll have to try the MoTU film with him.

-ZacWilliam, I'd argue there's about 1/3rd of a really great MoTU film there from what I remember.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2285 Ryougabot

Ryougabot
  • Citizen
  • 1915 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:09 AM

Did Last Starfighter with my son last summer and he loved it despite the badly aged FX. I'll have to try the MoTU film with him.

-ZacWilliam, I'd argue there's about 1/3rd of a really great MoTU film there from what I remember.

Oh, I do not claim that any of these films were perfect, they were deeply flawed on certain levels, but what they did right, they did really well.  The entire package was entertaining enough to not notice the flaws.  Great example of this:

We watched MOTU and a day later he asked me "If they saved Eternia and used the key to do that AND actually use the key to make the past better for them, they needed to find the key.  If they went back in time to prevent the parents from dying, why would they even be in the cemetery in the beginning to find the key?"

I said "well because...SWORDS and LASERS and FIRE...and Sorceress".  Being fair, that is a pretty major plot hole, but I have to let it go to enjoy the rest of the film.  My retcon explanation is "Franks portrayal of Skelator was so powerful, it created a temporal bubble that repeated the loop so that performance would not vanish into oblivion"

"Expect me when I arrive" - G'kar
Ryougabot

#2286 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14130 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:49 PM

found the new blind box MotU guys at walmart.  Was going to grab one, but they're $13 bucks. Way too expensive for a small, blind box vinyl.  

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#2287 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2962 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

http://thefwoosh.com...er-comic-strips

How did he reacted... to this bit?
jm5xGlh.gif

#2288 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19053 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

I used to cover my eyes when that scene came around... for YEARS!

• D.M likes this

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#2289 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:41 AM

Was going to grab one, but they're $13 bucks. Way too expensive for a small, blind box vinyl.

While I don't disagree that they are overpriced, These aren't your average vinyl figure. They are essentially fully articulated figures on a smaller scale with SD dimensions.

And for what it's worth, they are pretty dang fun.

Edited by Big Show, 10 February 2017 - 06:41 AM.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#2290 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14130 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:39 AM

Was going to grab one, but they're $13 bucks. Way too expensive for a small, blind box vinyl.

While I don't disagree that they are overpriced, These aren't your average vinyl figure. They are essentially fully articulated figures on a smaller scale with SD dimensions.

And for what it's worth, they are pretty dang fun.

I refuse to buy blind box at that price.  Now, were they clearly marked, that'd be one thing, but I'm not going to blow $13 on a maybe.  That's asinine.  

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#2291 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:03 AM

Can't blame you there. It's not a lot of plastic for that price.

I wanted them all, and only got four of the boxes to mitigate the chance I'd get a duplicate (plus, I got them from Toys R Us during a BOBO 1/2 sale, so it ended up about $10 a pop). Then I got a pretty good deal on the Trap-Jaw/Beast-Man 2-pack ($30 for the set) after initially getting He-Man, Skeletor, Tri-Klops, and Man-E-Faces from my blinds.

I don't honestly know if I would have taken the plunge on these at retail cost. I can tell you that I passed on them when I saw them in the wild at an FYE for $15 each. That's absurd.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#2292 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20600 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

Anyone have the 200X Castle Greyskull?

I'm curious how it'd size up to 1:18 scale figures. Seems a bit small for the figures it's meant for and my 1:18 fantasy figs could use more environments to be displayed in.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#2293 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condimented

• Supporter
  • 6094 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:01 AM

I'm curious how it'd size up to 1:18 scale figures. Seems a bit small for the figures it's meant for and my 1:18 fantasy figs could use more environments to be displayed in.

I do. Gonna have to find some 1:18 scale figures, but it should look pretty good. I'll get back to you.

j1GI7Gi.gif

#2294 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65421 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:50 PM

Looks good. I still want a Mini Comics Triklops.

ACItEK8.png

#2295 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19053 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:06 PM

The new Filmation sculpts look fantastic. Man-at-Arms is outstanding. That being said, this just reminds me of how much I wish we'd been able to get this sub-line in those matte finishes. It just looks so good.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#2296 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65421 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

I want a flocked Panthor.

Those last three guys are from a cancelled wave in the 80's with Strobo.

ACItEK8.png

#2297 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condimented

• Supporter
  • 6094 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

I do. Gonna have to find some 1:18 scale figures, but it should look pretty good. I'll get back to you.

Okay, I will need you to ignore a number of things here, like the fact that I have very few 1:18 scale figures to work with, the unlikely fact that this thing managed to somehow get dustier than an actual abandoned castle and the equally unlikely fact that I managed to lose a part of the castle while setting up the photo.

grayskull_1-18_zpscj56ofql.jpg

j1GI7Gi.gif

#2298 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20600 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:38 AM

Well at least you have the man-elephant from Chap Mei's Extreme Soldiers toyline that was clearly a cash grab at Small Soldiers.

I don't have that.

(any shots with, say, him and the Chap Mei biker in the castle's interior?)

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#2299 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18619 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:22 AM

Okay, I will need you to ignore a number of things here, like the fact that I have very few 1:18 scale figures to work with, the unlikely fact that this thing managed to somehow get dustier than an actual abandoned castle and the equally unlikely fact that I managed to lose a part of the castle while setting up the photo.

grayskull_1-18_zpscj56ofql.jpg

Whatever, you've just given me inspiration for a new Castle Koopa!

BowsersCastleSMB3Toon.jpg

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#2300 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65421 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

ACItEK8.png

Reply to this topic