Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TriBlurr : (25 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

I think the only other Titan class character that would interest me after Scoponok would be Tidal Wave

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 07:34 PM)

A Titan would have more room for other toys to hang out, assuming one has the table space for it.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Play wise which would be better a Commander Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside or a Titan Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 February 2020 - 01:53 PM)

I'd be interested in a deluxe or voyager Fort Max in Armada flashback red-and-green.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:49 AM)

I'd honestly be more interested in Commander-class Scorponok and Fort Max. I don't have the space for Titans.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 February 2020 - 10:44 AM)

Make Commander class city bots to annoy collectors too

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:43 AM)

Make two Broadsides. One Voyager-sized that only turns into a jet, and one Titan-sized that only turns into an aircraft carrier. Piss off everyone on both sides of the scale.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Since they seem to also go by the oh-so holy cartoon scale thing, he'd probably be a Commander Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 February 2020 - 10:34 AM)

Broadside is an aircraft carrier. He should probably be metroplex sized.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:21 AM)

Broadside's more of a Commander Class.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 04:47 AM)

I think Broadside should be the next Titan Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2020 - 09:38 PM)

I tan nicely! But also have a family history of cancer... so... yeah, pasty for me it is.

@  Otaku : (23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM)

I really do begin to get sunburned after about 5 minutes of direct exposure, nowadays.  Side effect of already being pasty then going on a particular medication.  Yay?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2020 - 01:36 PM)

It makes me burn. Accursed daystar.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 February 2020 - 01:33 PM)

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy....

@  Vexwing : (22 February 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I watched L.I.L.Y.Cat on there a while back, it was surprisingly good.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2020 - 08:47 PM)

@Dekafox, no DTP, but they DO have LILY Cat ;)

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 08:46 PM)

For me, it's "chocolate therapy".

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 08:32 PM)

Tonight dough owns my soul.

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 07:28 PM)

Stupid, delicious Ben & Jerry's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 06:42 PM)

Ahh. I remember watching Bubblegum Crisis 2020 or whatever.

@  Dekafox : (21 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

Next you'll say they have Dominion Tank Police and L.I.L.Y.Cat

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 February 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Bubblegum Crisis, going by several shouts down.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 05:38 PM)

BGC?

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Enjoy the fudgy icing of this Hostess Cup Cake!

@  Telly : (21 February 2020 - 02:31 PM)

harlock is on tubi as well. not dubbed though :(

@  Rhinox42 : (21 February 2020 - 01:19 PM)

Blugh, the english dub of BGC is atrocious.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:44 PM)

And now I know and now I know and now I know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:31 PM)

Oh, oh, people can you hear me? People can you hear me? People can you hear me?

@  Echowarrior : (20 February 2020 - 06:39 PM)

Let me go-o-o-o!

@  Telly : (20 February 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Galileo Galileo!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Very very fright-ning me!

@  Sabrblade : (20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM)

*thunder and lightning*

@  ▲ndrusi : (20 February 2020 - 03:46 PM)

Ah, ah, ah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Already did. It didn't take long.

@  Dekafox : (19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM)

Count Zero?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 February 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Oh boy, here we go.

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:34 PM)

Or do Japan's cultural values vary depending on exactly who you're trying to shut down?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Could it be that, perhaps, these different cultural values might lead to a different approach seeming appropriate?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Hm. Back when we were arguing about the Legends comic, I seem to recall being repeatedly told that Japan had different cultural values than the US (and therefore anyone who had a problem with anything at all was wrong to voice that opinion ever).

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:23 AM)

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, every single anime character is built to suit the audience's tastes so they buy more merch/do other things that allow $$$ to flow in the production committees direction, so the authenticity is certainly not for representation's sake.

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Both those anime air at midnight and are aimed at a very specific audience in a whole other media landscape. Major projects have press releases about almost everything, and there are groups just waiting to pat anybody on the back for doing what they want (GLAAD, HRC, etc)

@  B-Fox : (19 February 2020 - 03:16 AM)

It's funny that a friggin' anime about zombie idols and an anime about a school of anthropomorphic animals can have really positive trans characters WITHOUT a press release about their inclusion in the series prior to the episodes airing or having the creators announcing it on social media and patting themselves on the back for doing a thing.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2020 - 10:26 PM)

Vegan meat needs bacon

@  Paladin : (18 February 2020 - 08:43 PM)

vegan meat must taste delicious. they're grass-fed and regularly exercised....

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Vegans are better than kids if you don't talk to them. They'll keep the lawn trimmed anyway.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Do you want vegans? Because that's how you get vegans.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

He-Man & the Masters of the Universe: New Netflix show p129

2705 replies to this topic

#2181 Caldwin

Caldwin

Peace!

• Supporter
  • 25307 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:40 AM

I like the idea. I'm not a big fan of Toys to Life (I mean, I have tons of Amiibo, but I never really cared for Skylanders or Infinity). But there definitely seems to be a market for it. Heck! From what I heard, Disney dropping Ininity has less to do with popularity and more to do with poor decision making on other fronts.

I'd probably be hesitant to buy them myself, since like I said, aside from the odd Amiibo here and there, I don't really care too much for the Toys to Life practice. But since there is a market for that type of thing, I could see it possibly giving some life to the franchise.

I mean, as often as I go down the toy isle of Target and Meijer...and for that matter go to TRU...Mattel isn't a brand name I've seen a lot of in years. Do they even sell outside the internet? All the toys I got recently have been vintage toy stores or online...even that Classics Buzzsaw Hordak.

So anything they can do to spread their brand could only be a good thing.

I find it odd that the relaunches of He Man did so poorly.

I mean, Thundercats also kind of bombed. But that's more the fault of Bandai making what most considered sub-standered toys and the stores keeping tons of peg-warmers on the pegs thereby giving no room for the new toys everyone was wanting. The cartoon itself was popular as hell!

Meanwhile, franchises like Transformers, TMNT and My Little Pony are going as strong as ever.

So it's not like updating the look has alienated long time collectors. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing an updated He-Man. But like you said, Mattel seems to be gearing everything to the nostalgic collector. Which...I like. I like my Classics Buzzsaw Hordak which is a fine replacement for the Hordak I regrettfully sold off as a kid. But, also, like you said, that's not the way to bring in new fans.

So...good idea. But who knows what Mattel will wind up doing.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2182 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18735 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:49 PM

Thanks! As for TTL, they just make cool little statues/figurines as well, I find (I decorate my desk with them more than I use them in games, or when I'm done with using them in games).

Mattel still has Barbie and Hot Wheels leadin' the way, and I think they've got DC stuff going at retail as well.

And the nostalgic stuff is cool, though I think it's all but run its course by now -- they've remade every character from the original line in Classics, haven't they? So they're kind of scraping for others and redoing some they've already done in Filmation versions, but all the same.

Classics was just too rich for my blood, save for a select few (I do know someone with all of them, and I'm in awe every time I go over there), but something like this would be a bit more manageable. And getting a decent game out of it would rock, too!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#2183 Caldwin

Caldwin

Peace!

• Supporter
  • 25307 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:34 PM

I actually wouldn't mind a decent He-Man game. I just got that Toy Soldiers War Chest game just to find out it's one of those strategy defense games. Meh!

The thing that makes Amiibos bearable for me even though they are technically TTL is that they typically work for more than one game, even if the usefulness is marginal. I have a Link that I trained for Smash Bros, but is also good for restocking arrows in Twilight Princess, unlocks a costume in Mario Maker and I guess Nintendo's working on more to come.

Meanwhile, Skylanders only works with Skylanders.

But if they could do something like He-Man working for his own game but then also have some small use for a *insert other Mattel brand here* game...I'd be all for it.

Plus the statues have to look awesome. I've seen some Amiibos that look pretty darn awesome while others are just kinda...well...not good.

I also like what Nintendo did with the yarn yoshi. They even have a limited oversized Yarn Yoshi that I saw once at TRU.

So there are ways to branch out. Trading cards, tiny affordable figures that may not look as good but get the job done, really detailed and finely painted statues, heck...dare I say fully articulated action figures the maybe have the chip in their foot?

I mean, Nintendo has proven that the technology doesn't have to be limited to tiny statues.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2184 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:43 AM

So, I wrote something recently that may be of interest here...

How Toys to Life Could Revive Masters of the Universe for a New Generation

Just a thought I've had for a while, and the vacancy in the marketplace that will soon be left by Disney Infinity's cancellation spurred me on to finally get it written.

On another note: Good or bad, I'd really like to read those last few MOTUClassics comics (Fall of Eternia) that came with some of the toys, or at least some good recaps, or something. Is there anything you guys can point me to on that front?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Mattel is kinda shrewd with the brand so I dunno if they'd take a chance in it, but I think it's a fantastic idea. I'd buy them all up, for sure. The MOTU minis are perfectly stylized to suit something like that, too. Fund it!

How many licensed properties are under Mattel's Mega Bloks now? Halo, Assassin's Creed, Ninja Turtles, Destiny, Warcraft (unless it's expired by now), Spongebob, Barbie, Call of Duty, and we've already seen their mockup Castle Grayskull. If they wanted to completely rip off Lego Dimensions, that would make for a pretty wild game.

#2185 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18735 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:07 PM

Aye, that is one concern is that they're almost too protective in some ways, yet not in others. Of course, maybe things have changed as people have come and gone since past instances...

Still, it seems ideal for a partnership. They seem okay with a game featuring He-Man, as demonstrated, and if they partnered up with a company to handle the game while they just handled the figures, that would probably relieve a lot of the burden for them -- especially if it's a AAA publisher like EA or even Ubisoft.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

#2186 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11026 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:43 PM

My Powercon 2016 figures came in this week.  Here is Beast Man:

powercon_001.jpg

powercon_002.JPG

powercon_006.jpg

#2187 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11026 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:45 PM

Kobra Kahn:

powercon_003.jpg

powercon_004.JPG

powercon_007.jpg

Granamyr:

powercon_005.jpg

#2188 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52254 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:59 PM

I think augmented reality is going to be how toys "survive" into the future.

Imagine seeing a race track you could race Hot Rod around or actual sparks and magic when He-Man and Skeletor face off.

card-strongarm.jpg

#2189 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66683 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:59 AM

Reminds me I should be getting my Powercon guys too.

ACItEK8.png

#2190 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6292 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:15 AM

Mine arrived yesterday, so yours should be there any minute now!

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#2191 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11026 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:21 AM

Yeah, they said they got about half of their shipments out before the show, and the rest would go out right after.  While I did not get an email on shipment or tracking, I think someone posted over at he-man.org in the Powercon thread about how to find that info.

#2192 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66683 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:47 AM

Thanks guys!

ACItEK8.png

#2193 (Deactivated) Zaku Prime

(Deactivated) Zaku Prime
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:20 PM

So, I just finished up the Minicomics Collection and I have a question.  Is there any reasonable way to finish reading the last 5 or so Classics comics that finishes out these stories without spending hundreds of dollars on aftermarket club toys?  SInce DC apparently made them, is there any chance of a collection for these?

It just feels ridiculous to read through over 1000 pages of comics only to find out the last 100 pages or so that finishes the story aren't included. 

#2194 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7421 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:12 PM

Yeah. I'm right there with you. I suspect we shouldn't get our hopes up though.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2195 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2988 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:20 PM

Another preview for the upcoming Guide to animated He-Man and She-Ra. :)
ZnfhZdd.jpg
XgUW8md.jpg
https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/1506700640

Aaaaand there's going to be an exclusive animated short on the official channel next year. ;)

Edited by D.M, 29 June 2016 - 12:30 PM.

#2196 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66683 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:30 PM

That's pretty awesome.
  • D.M likes this

ACItEK8.png

#2197 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18735 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:36 AM

So, I just finished up the Minicomics Collection and I have a question.  Is there any reasonable way to finish reading the last 5 or so Classics comics that finishes out these stories without spending hundreds of dollars on aftermarket club toys?  SInce DC apparently made them, is there any chance of a collection for these?

It just feels ridiculous to read through over 1000 pages of comics only to find out the last 100 pages or so that finishes the story aren't included. 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, but any sort of answers have been long (if ever) in coming.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

#2198 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2988 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:50 AM

Remember that South American G1 TF themed shoes commercial? Apparently there's a MOTU themed one as well:

#2199 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17542 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:29 PM

He-Man/Thundercats Crossover miniseries incoming from DC:

http://www.newsarama...over-at-dc.html

-ZacWilliam, I wonder if they'll touch on the fact that He-man's mom was from modern Earth and Thundercats was set on a distant future Earth. Probably unlikely.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2200 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7421 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

Happy to see DC getting some more MOTU out, though presumably it won't be using the continuity they built.

WsuGTl1.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users