Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  JRSBill : (03 June 2020 - 01:06 PM)

bain

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 June 2020 - 04:14 AM)

UBI is coming.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

I can just HEAR his screechy G1 voice saying that....

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

*Dies laughing* XDDDDDD

@  TheMightyMol... : (02 June 2020 - 07:01 PM)

Megatron's coupon has failed! Now I, Starscream, shall speak to your manager!

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:39 PM)

(i just want to make jokes excuse my doing)

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:38 PM)

ITS STARSCREAM.... AND HIS CLONES

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

And there was no one there when I started!

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

I swear, I'm in line to use a coupon, there is something wrong with said coupon, and suddenly I'm holding up a line of 3 or 4 people

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

Photo
- - - - -

New TF Prime Clip Featuring the Humans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Soundwave9

Soundwave9
  • Supporter
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

This promo aired during the breaks on the G1 episode last night on the Hub. The humans meet the Autobots and ask them why they came to Earth. Optimus explains that they are Autonomous Robotic Organisms.

YouTube - The Hub Transformers Prime Mini Series Promo - Humans

Edited by Soundwave9, 11 November 2010 - 12:32 PM.

#2 Daytonus

Daytonus

Full Circle

• Retired Staff
  • 11982 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

I've always wondered what the new "Autonomous Robotic Organism" angle does to the taxonomy of names. It almost seems like Autobot would be a larger category than both Decepticon and Cybertronian. That is, there could potentially be "autonomous robotic organisms" that are not Cybertronian, as well as some of the organisms considering themselves Decepticons.

In other words, based on the definition, aren't all Decepticons also Autobots?

On the other hand, they might have simply picked a name that basically matched what they were, without thinking about it as a taxonomy. Yes, I know this is the most likely.

#3 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:42 PM

According to Exodus, "autonomous" refers to the idea that each individual robot is free to choose his/her own path, rather than be restricted to the caste in which he/she was born.

#4 Daytonus

Daytonus

Full Circle

• Retired Staff
  • 11982 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(Code of Walky @ Nov 11 2010, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to Exodus, "autonomous" refers to the idea that each individual robot is free to choose his/her own path, rather than be restricted to the caste in which he/she was born.

Ah ha! So autonomous qualifies a way of life/ethos rather than a mechanical description (as I had wrongly assumed). Crisis averted!

#5 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

The seeds of the future are buried in the caste.

#6 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15526 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

Yep, those are certainly some humans alright. SUH-WEET.

I think afer the last ten years, the world has grown used to the idea of token human sidekicks. FOR SURE!
Woooo!

#7 (Deactivated) Tramp

(Deactivated) Tramp
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE(Daytonus @ Nov 11 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah ha! So autonomous qualifies a way of life/ethos rather than a mechanical description (as I had wrongly assumed). Crisis averted!

No, it is indeed a "mechanical description". All Cybertronians are autonomous rather than remote controlled or operated by pilots. They're self-controlling, self-governing, living beings rather than drones, hence the term, "Autonomous robotic organisms" from which Optimus coined the term "Autobot for the name of his faction. As fully autonomous beings, as opposed to simple drones, Optimus put forth that Cybertronians had the right to choose their own paths and not be shoe-horned into a predetermined role because of caste, that "freedom is the right of all sentient beings." The Decepticons chose the name of their faction on deception since that was their MO.

#8 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42535 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(Tramp @ Nov 11 2010, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, it is indeed a "mechanical description". All Cybertronians are autonomous rather than remote controlled or operated by pilots. They're self-controlling, self-governing, living beings rather than drones, hence the term, "Autonomous robotic organisms" from which Optimus coined the term "Autobot for the name of his faction. As fully autonomous beings, as opposed to simple drones, Optimus put forth that Cybertronians had the right to choose their own paths and not be shoe-horned into a predetermined role because of caste, that "freedom is the right of all sentient beings." The Decepticons chose the name of their faction on deception since that was their MO.

So it's both. Cool.

#9 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9534 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

Or they could be using it because the movies used it.

Either's possible.
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#10 Daytonus

Daytonus

Full Circle

• Retired Staff
  • 11982 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Nov 11 2010, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Tramp @ Nov 11 2010, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So it's both. Cool.

Yeah, seriously, it's pretty cool to be contrary just to be contrary. icon-ironhide.gif

#11 Mr Smitt

Mr Smitt

The Trukk-Munky

• Citizen
  • 1771 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

I'm really beginning to wonder why they didn't just call Jack Sam or Spike when he seems to dress, look, play the same role and even have the same lines as movie Sam..

#12 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5502 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:13 PM

I have no idea why Ratchet did that face but it is the best face any Ratchet has ever done in any show.

I look forward to understanding the context behind his mix of shock and Queen Latifah head bump.

#13 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15526 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

Koji was pretty pointless, functional mostly because of his strange relationship with the awesome Sky-Byte.
The Armada Kids were dumb as the show they initially dominated, but once the show became a lot better, they were able to keep pace. Mostly.
The Energon crew might have kept pace with a show that didn't have any.
The Cybertron Kids were back to Armada, and ended up being forgettable as Cybertron was.

Sari was awesome once you got to know her, but before that, she was suffocatingly adorable. When she was rebuilt into a Teenager, she never got enough screen time to necessitate her getting a toy, and that sucks.

Now we have a new Fry, Bender, and Leela, and I expect they'll mostly be on the side, but still having some role in the plot as representatives of humanity, which logically will be the crucial element in the show functioning as a major turning point in the war.
Woooo!

#14 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:04 PM

The Cybertron Kids were back to Armada, and ended up being forgettable as Cybertron was.

Nope

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#15 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8656 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(Zodberg @ Nov 12 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sari was awesome once you got to know her, but before that, she was suffocatingly annoying and literally carried a deus ex machina with her.

You made one heck of a typo there, brother.

Edited by Blot, 12 November 2010 - 11:35 PM.

#16 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15526 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE(God Only Knows @ Nov 12 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope

If you remember anything about the Cybertron kids, then you must also remember something about Cybertron. Which means you have proven me right.
I have seen most of Cybertron and cannot recall most of the show in any distinct manner, which extends to their relative role in the show.
Woooo!

#17 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(Zodberg @ Nov 13 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(God Only Knows @ Nov 12 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope

If you remember anything about the Cybertron kids, then you must also remember something about Cybertron. Which means you have proven me right.
I have seen most of Cybertron and cannot recall most of the show in any distinct manner, which extends to their relative role in the show.

Yeah, but you lost a ton of braincells to pretty cure.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#18 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15526 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

Your ability to remember my posting history is better than any skill I have at recalling my brief exposure to Pretty Cure from when I caught the first couple episodes.
Woooo!

#19 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27203 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

Psst. I'm over here. That's Symbol-Hime.

#20 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11659 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

Cybertron had Bud, who was awesome. Coby and Lori had potential (in having interests besides the Transformers themselves; Coby was a mechanic and Lori was a city-girl), but were just kinda there.

Energon had Kicker, who had a cool concept that went the way of all cool concepts in Energon. Plus his dad was gleefully wierd.

Armada had Alexis, who facilitated the most character development Starscream has ever received in any series. Her idiot friends can be forgotten.