Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 02:15 AM)

I don't think it's right to feel indignation at people telling you that Americans might also have feelings and you should consider them before squawking yet more things in the same vein.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Intervening? It's not like much of anything that happens in this box is prompted.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 01:13 AM)

I suppose I would normally feel indignation right about now, but with you I am merely unsurprised that you are intervening in a conversation to express your typical brand of disapproval.

@  Cabooceratops : (24 March 2019 - 01:06 AM)

Nitefort x ]

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:50 AM)

I'm not super fond of Nevermore's habit of using the Shoutbox to complain about TFW users, but those usually seem to be things he's personally witnessed and not anecdotes that he only has confirmation bias to backup, so I can believe he isn't just being smug.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:47 AM)

Amusing? Don't try to pretend you aren't being selective by picking things that support a narrative you're building.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:46 AM)

Shield Agent: this and the previous anecdote didn't sound like you have any reason to believe them beyond confirmation bias, so bringing up these things compulsively achieves nothing beyond making you look smug.

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 12:23 AM)

Well I guess Fortnite sounds cool? Maybe it made more sense before the gameplay started to focus on the Battle Royale bit?

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 12:22 AM)

To be fair this is only a few days after your very comprehensive thing about St. Patrick's Day. Oh also I guess that thing about the Estonian currency exchange so that's like three entire "Americans!" squawks this week.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:22 AM)

Not that Nitefort is any more sensible obviously.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:21 AM)

I tend to forget that it's called Fortnite because my 3yo calls it "Nitefort" so that's how my whole family refers to it.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:21 AM)

I assume the name is derived from the fact that one can build forts? But the nite part is a stretch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 12:17 AM)

Hence I thought it would be an amusing anecdote to share as I am not a gamer, but other pop culture-invested people here probably would be, and thus perhaps they would have different relevant experience to share.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 12:16 AM)

In fact before now I did not feel "superior" for knowing the word "fortnight" because I was raised to believe it was a rare but standard term.

@  Copper Bezel : (23 March 2019 - 10:33 PM)

Eh, it's not a common word in the US, so ... like I sincerely hope no one's feeling superior about it but I wouldn't assume.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 March 2019 - 09:59 PM)

Shield Agent: What is up with your compulsion to bring up every anecdote that supports your superiority complex towards Americans?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 March 2019 - 09:22 PM)

What I don't get is: what is a game titled "two weeks" even about?

@  Trpodeca : (23 March 2019 - 09:16 PM)

What strange people

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 March 2019 - 09:11 PM)

Interesting. I have just been informed by several Britons and Australians that since the debut of Fortnite, they have encountered Yanks who do not believe that "fortnight" is a real word.

@  Kayla Kaon : (22 March 2019 - 09:22 PM)

https://discord.gg/jMPfJWk

@  Kayla Kaon : (22 March 2019 - 08:05 PM)

What is up sexy people! Everyone having fun tonight?

@  Rycochet : (22 March 2019 - 01:01 PM)

If they don't take it down or back off, then unfollow. At least then they'll know why people are distancing themselves.

@  Rycochet : (22 March 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Call them out because if nobody challenges them on nonsense, they'll only sink deeper into their rabbithole of stupidity.

@  Benbot : (22 March 2019 - 11:26 AM)

When someone makes a deliberately hateful and dishonest post on Facebook, do you angrily call them out on it, or just ignore or defriend them?

@  Xellos : (22 March 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Dunno, I did watch Combiner Wars...

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 04:37 AM)

Also, nobody try watching last year's Stargate Origins: Catherine "webisode". My god, I've never seen anything so atrocious

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 04:36 AM)

Having watched the full decade's' worth of episodes during the last 4 or so weeks, the cult leader Goa'uld was Setesh/"Seth"

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 04:00 AM)

I missed a whole bunch of stuff in the Squawkbox. Huh. It's been a long week.

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 03:52 AM)

That or Old Testament God with his whole nuking cities, random plagues, brutal pogroms, absurd set ups to test followers faiths, etc etc as a very not rogue Goa'uld.

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 03:48 AM)

1) Spite. 2) I'm fairly sure at least one episode did actually have a Goa'uld who'd be hiding out on Earth since the rebellion and had been host swapping and running cults, 3) mostly yeah spiteful contrivance to see Christain groups lose their collective shit.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 02:49 AM)

If you don't take paypal, and the item isn't a local pickup (in which case Cash is acceptable), I'm pretty sure you need to have some alternative credit card processor you're able to take payment through

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 02:48 AM)

Technically eBay doesn't own Paypal anymore, but even so I haven't seen an auction in years that didn't take Paypal as a form of payment.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 March 2019 - 11:01 PM)

I was gonna ask "aren't eBay and Paypal basically the same people" but turns out that hasn't been true for a while.

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:41 PM)

I think the issue is that we paid with Paypal, but they don't accept Paypal.

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:40 PM)

I don't think so.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 March 2019 - 07:30 PM)

Can you pay via paypal?

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:25 PM)

I think we can't transfer the money into Euros. So that's unfortunate.

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:21 PM)

Well we bought it, but the payment doesn't seem to have gone through.

@  Nevermore : (21 March 2019 - 06:56 PM)

What problem?

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 03:44 PM)

Well that's unfortunate, the German comic we're missing is on ebay, and we bought it but seem to have run into a problem.

@  MidnightFox : (21 March 2019 - 11:18 AM)

If anything in context to the show, Jesus would most likely have been a human nearing ascension. We have various examples of near ascension humans exhibiting the same abilities as miracles attributed to Jesus.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 March 2019 - 09:42 AM)

Yeah, but neither the russians or the US military shared any information about the goa'uld to the public. And there was more than likely enough devout in both regimes that they wouldn't have accepted that as a possible answer anyway.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 March 2019 - 09:25 AM)

Jesus would not have been a Goa'uld, he would have been an ancient ascendant :p

@  MidnightFox : (21 March 2019 - 09:20 AM)

Well, d'uh. But it also made sense within context of the series even with actual ancient alien theorists connecting everything in every religion to aliens.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 March 2019 - 09:18 AM)

More to the point: you don't piss off the bulk of the potential demographic by outright stating that even the supposedly one good god was really just a snake in your head.

@  MidnightFox : (21 March 2019 - 08:15 AM)

Why would they? The show was very clear about the Goa'uld not knowing what happened on Earth after the rebellion, which happened way before the advent of Christianity.

@  Pennpenn : (21 March 2019 - 02:16 AM)

To be honest they did ignore big chunks of the stuff from the movie. Also never had the balls to portray Jesus as a rogue Goa'uld (yeah yeah I know shut up).

@  Echowarrior : (20 March 2019 - 08:57 PM)

The original Stargate movie was okay for what it was. SG1 was a decent show that probably lasted too long. Atlantis was a decent show that could've lasted a little longer. Universe...gah. There were exactly two characters on that show that I liked, and neither was enough to help it in my mind.

@  Xellos : (20 March 2019 - 04:05 PM)

I got into SG1 right as season 8 ended. The Stargates were the last shows that I would make sure to watch every week. Since Universe ended, I really have not been addicted to any live action series.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 March 2019 - 03:12 PM)

The concept of the film had enormous potential, and the rest was literally writers one upping each other when they didn't know if they were going to get renewed.

Photo
- - - - -

Heritage Auction with G1 notes/scripts/photos materials

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
513 replies to this topic

#221 (Deactivated) kjeevah

(Deactivated) kjeevah
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:01 AM

apologies all for the comment about sharing - was absolutely disgusted by some members of the community, but that's in no way a reflection on everyone else.

#222 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18525 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:25 AM

Glad we got what we did here. I wish I could have participated this go round as I did last year, but unfortunately, I just didn't have the money at the time (if only the auctions had run until the end of the month!).

Hope I can chip in next time.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#223 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38297 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:56 PM

This is fantastic new all already, G1son included! I really hope that the person(s) who got the scripts are at least part of the fandom so that we might one day see some of them.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#224 Galenraff

Galenraff

Sarcasm: unappreciated.

• Retired Staff
  • 33612 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:35 PM

Yeah, I don't want to focus on the few people who may not be sharing. I'm REALLY excited about all these things that were previously never available to the fandom that WILL be shared for the first time ever! Even if it's not everything, it's still a lot of really cool and brand new stuff!

ALERT: Everything is fine.

#225 Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime

Thank you for choosing Ponyville Trailways!

• Citizen
  • 5698 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:52 PM

Folks:

Good work, everybody, and many thanks to those who got this ball rolling! We won cool stuff.

I'm going to go crazy, wondering what's in those draft scripts, but the other cool stuff should stave off the worst of the madness for a while. icon-fire.gif I wonder what sort of weird revelations might turn up...

"Ironhide is a lady?!!"

I think that steel mill mentioned in the script might be the old J & L...it seems to have the right setting, near downtown Pittsburgh.

Edited by Autobus Prime, 24 November 2010 - 11:54 PM.

#226 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1678 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

Heritage reports that the scripts are shipping today. We should find out soon what secrets they contain.

-JimS

#227 (Deactivated) G1son

(Deactivated) G1son
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:12 AM

Good news incoming. Got my stuff in the mail!!!!!!!! I screamed like a 12 yr old girl at a beiber concert. Uploading pics now. Oh and does anyone know Skywarp's ORIGINAL color scheme? Pics soon!!

Edited by G1son, 09 December 2010 - 12:21 AM.

#228 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51550 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

Awesome news G1son. icon-ironhide.gif

I'm giddy with anticipation. icon-silverbolt.gif

card-strongarm.jpg

#229 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20518 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

I was always under the impression Skywarp's colors were originally intended for Starscream, and it was flubbed during production sort of like Sideswipe and Sunstreaker's respective molds and colors.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#230 lonegamer8

lonegamer8

Handsome afthead, ain't he? *tries not to start fangirling*

• Retired Staff
  • 9463 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:54 AM

Yay! *is late because is tired*

My works! Lemme show you 'em!

Avatar base courtesy of Wombat King <- not at the moment

Allspark's August Reading List 2007 - "Sides"
Allspark's July Fic Challenge 2007 "Red Carpet" winner - "Blue Carpet"
The NEW TFWiki!
Henkei! Henkei! Transformers pack-in comic summaries.
Henkei! Henkei! Transformers monthly manga summaries.

#231 (Deactivated) G1son

(Deactivated) G1son
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:08 AM

Ok guys i uploaded a few pics to PB. The black n white pages are photocopied. In that set there are character drawings, character bios, some character descriptions and they appear to be finalized concepts passed over to ron friedman in 84'. The second batch are finalized, colored,character drawings. They are so F'in awsome. The paper has a feel similar to wax paper with no wax(hard to explain). The ink shines in the light and is very, very vivid. Tried to capture it with my pos camera. And most of the comments are written in the same "paint", some from an ink pen,RON's inkpen! Anyways the answer to my question is in the pics.

Enjoy: http://s1123.photobu...ums/l543/G1son/

#232 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64183 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:16 AM

This is great stuff! I for one would be interested to see if they ever made a character model of Skywarp in olive (only evidence we have is a print out of such like in your images)

I see we have a Hot Rod that was modeled like the original Rodimus Prime model too, much more slender and older looking!

Interesting how the faction symbols have white outlines in some of these.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#233 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18653 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for the pics!

Snarl is an "Unhappy loner"... If he were drawn today would he have a black trench coat?

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#234 (Deactivated) G1son

(Deactivated) G1son
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

Just added more pics! Check em out! http://s1123.photobu...ums/l543/G1son/

#235 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 39634 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

Woo, finally Hot Rod's original Dery head! Sweet.

#236 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Supporter
  • 3542 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(Code of Walky @ Dec 9 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woo, finally Hot Rod's original Dery head! Sweet.

Speaking of which... is there any reason it says "Hot Rodimus" on the the Rodimus Prime sheet? Is this where Takara got the name from?

#237 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42005 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:38 AM

Does Hot Rodimus have part of his trailer on his back?

#238 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

Interesting instead of "alt mode" like we would say, they say "trans-form", with a dash.

#239 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 39634 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Dec 9 2010, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does Hot Rodimus have part of his trailer on his back?

And on the backs of his arms, but that's not new. Now, if there's a shot of his back, I'd friggin' squee.

#240 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42005 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE(mignash @ Dec 9 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting instead of "alt mode" like we would say, they say "trans-form", with a dash.

But we've known about that for 25 years now.

"Even their Trans-Forms are the same!"