Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  2017 : (17 October 2017 - 05:56 PM)

It scared me!

@  Kalidor : (17 October 2017 - 05:42 PM)

Yes - here is more information - https://www.battleforthenet.com/

@  Darth Gonzo : (17 October 2017 - 05:36 PM)

Hello?

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:39 PM)

Yeah, it's the Allspark.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:35 PM)

Okay, so it is the allspark doing it, and not some piece of malware I need to run a system scan over, that's basically all I wanted to know.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:34 PM)

If, say, Hillary or Bernie was president, we'd have a chance, but with the current administration... We're pretty much hugged.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

I don't know why we're even bothering; there's no way in hell a GOP-controlled congress would listen to common proles like us.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

Yeah, so did I.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:19 PM)

Okay, so I just got a pop up telling me I need to call congress about the FCC killing net neutrality. Anyone else get that?

@  Dracula : (17 October 2017 - 09:45 AM)

I'd probably use a primer coat on either of them.

@  unluckiness : (17 October 2017 - 07:21 AM)

Wonder if Overboard or Crashbash would be easier to paint over. Generally dark colors are harder but then again, screaming fuschia seems like it'd be difficult to cover too.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 October 2017 - 02:46 PM)

Damn, the shoutbox won't accept those characters. I mean "open-mid back unrounded vowel" on Wikipedia.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 October 2017 - 02:46 PM)

Λ

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 October 2017 - 02:45 PM)

@Bass X0 Ha, I think some Asian accents of English, that mispronunciation would be considered standard, as those accents lack [ʌ].

@  MEDdMI : (16 October 2017 - 12:08 PM)

She's the last thing you hear before your doom.

@  Noideaforaname : (15 October 2017 - 07:34 PM)

The cat can talk?!

@  MEDdMI : (15 October 2017 - 06:30 PM)

TMM's first cat was Cookie b/c that's the first word he said when he saw her

@  Bass X0 : (15 October 2017 - 05:34 PM)

Reminds me of when my nephew was one year old and my sister got him a puppy. He couldn't say puppy properly and it sounded like poppy, so Poppy is what they called her.

@  Arazyr : (15 October 2017 - 02:36 PM)

Yeah. I thought it had some interesting informational articles too.

@  Bass X0 : (15 October 2017 - 01:59 PM)

does anyone else miss the ToyFare magazine? I just read it for the pictures and jokes rather than using it as a serious guide for buying and selling toys.

@  Arazyr : (15 October 2017 - 09:21 AM)

Uncle Bobby Peach, baby! Uncle Bobby Peach!

@  Arazyr : (15 October 2017 - 09:21 AM)

Last night, playing Mario Kart with my daughter, I misread Baby Peach as "Bobby Peach".

@  Onyxstrike : (15 October 2017 - 09:03 AM)

Yeah, I might've forgotten that the Beast is pretty much just a mindless killing machine. That's pretty much what I get for going off of the TFWiki summaries without having actually read any of it.

@  tffan01 : (15 October 2017 - 08:34 AM)

@Onyxstrike Well, to be fair, the quality of the story aside, Beast Within illustrates the fact that Dinobots are feral in nature, with what would happen if they actually lost control. That's a character flaw in a way, correct? 

@  2017 : (15 October 2017 - 08:21 AM)

Send me a PM if you need help getting to the true ending, also.

@  Strafe : (15 October 2017 - 08:15 AM)

Thinking about quirky robots occupies 30% of my brain's daily processing power. I can't remember birthdays and I never know where my phone is, but it's totally worth it.

@  2017 : (15 October 2017 - 08:03 AM)

Yay, I look forward to your dealings with quirky robots!

@  Strafe : (15 October 2017 - 08:01 AM)

Definitely, I started setting aside funds a month ago for the inevitable Black Friday digital sales in the Playstation and Xbox stores. Going to be ready this year, and that's one of the many games on my list!

@  2017 : (15 October 2017 - 07:30 AM)

Hey Strafe will you ever play Nier: Automata?

@  Onyxstrike : (15 October 2017 - 07:19 AM)

Plus, The Beast Within is overall not a very good story.

@  Onyxstrike : (15 October 2017 - 07:19 AM)

The problem is is that Victory's dreams are meant to prey on the Dinobot's character flaws. For instance, Grimlock downing every Decepticon in his path, but falling for Starscream's begging for mercy schtick, preys on his arrogence. What character flaws does The Beast Within prey on? Nothing. The entire premise of the book was to please the many fans who posed the many hypothetical "What if the Dinobots combined?" scenarios way back when, with a gratuitous death count to boot.

@  Bass X0 : (15 October 2017 - 05:51 AM)

What's wrong with wanting it to be a canon dream sequence?

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 October 2017 - 01:14 PM)

go home bass you are drunk

@  Bass X0 : (14 October 2017 - 12:15 PM)

My fanon is that The Beast Within is a follow up the Marvel UK annual story Victory. In Victory, the Dinobots are trapped within a dream world, unable to wake up - each one having dreams, ending in the Dinobots having another dream then waking up in a comic issue. My fanon is that The Beast Within is their final dream that finally pushes them into waking up.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 October 2017 - 10:25 AM)

As long as that means The Beast Within is still non-canon, I'm fine with it.

@  Locoman : (14 October 2017 - 09:29 AM)

When everything is canon, nothing is.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 October 2017 - 09:25 AM)

The TF multiverse is an arbitrary concept. Whatever an author thinks, goes.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 October 2017 - 05:59 AM)

Trypticon vs Deathsaurer. Make it happen!

@  tffan01 : (14 October 2017 - 05:31 AM)

Going by AVP, is Spider-Man and Zoids comic canon to the TF multiverse???

@  D Immortalis : (14 October 2017 - 12:37 AM)

stop that! we shall never speak of the "Embarassment", 'lest we be punished with more like it! =]

@  Pennpenn : (13 October 2017 - 08:23 PM)

Would the mutant heads have been on the headmasters or on the bodies (sort of like TR Galvatron's "helmet")?

@  Shrug : (13 October 2017 - 08:05 PM)

Alternate reality: Beast Wars mutant heads really took off. Nearly every Transformers since '96 has featured them. The big complaint against the line-wide gimmick in TR isn't being headmasters, it's the lack of mutant heads.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (13 October 2017 - 07:03 PM)

Car TF molds get made all the time; bat TF molds don't. I feel like that justifies making a new Convobat from a mold configured highly unlike the original.

@  Bass X0 : (13 October 2017 - 05:56 PM)

and yet Mindwipe is good enough to use as Convobat.

@  Shrug : (13 October 2017 - 03:19 PM)

I'm okay with that.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (13 October 2017 - 03:07 PM)

Takara seems to have decided that the TR Chromedome mold is unsuitable for anyone else besides Chromedome.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (13 October 2017 - 03:07 PM)

*shrug* No 21st century (Macromaster) Nightbeat toy seems to have satisfied a decent number of people, from what I understand.

@  Locoman : (13 October 2017 - 02:57 PM)

You could probably finagle a pretty good Nightbeat body from TR Chromedome, or even a heavy retool of Cogman.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (13 October 2017 - 02:44 PM)

Nightbeat in particular. Hasbro seems to love him.

@  Shrug : (13 October 2017 - 12:21 PM)

Yeah, they seem to be exploring every possible avenue of G1 now.

Photo

Holy celebrity roast, Batman!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scottimus Prime

Scottimus Prime

Wanna check these ratings? I seem to have an audience of 2...

• Supporter
  • 6115 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

http://tvshowsondvd....Announced/14525

Legends of the Super-Heroes (mini-series) - Adam West/Burt Ward/Frank Gorshin-Starring 2-Part Special Coming to DVD!

1979 production with Ed McMahon was actually a double spin-off, of the live-action Batman AND the animated Super Friends!
Posted by David Lambert
10/08/2010

After the classic live-action late-'60s Batman series went off the air, stars Adam West and Burt Ward were still highly recognizable as the Dynamic Duo. One appearance they made together as Batman and Robin came in 1979, at the height of the popularity of the Saturday morning cartoon series Super Friends (which began in 1973, and had a dozen-year run in various incarnations...most noticeably the late-'70s version Challenge of the Super Friends). In 1979, Hanna-Barbera capitalized on the fans of both shows with a 2-episode prime time live-action special titled "Legends of the Super-Heroes", which aired on NBC that January.

The first episode was titled "The Challenge", and the second part was titled "The Roast". Besides West and Ward, Frank Gorshin also returned from Batman in his legendary role as The Riddler. Other classic DC Comics heroes and villains also were in the production, including many that were known primarily at the time for their Super Friends appearances. The bad guys on the Legion of Doom included Sinestro (Charlie Callas), Giganta, Solomon Grundy, The Weather Wizard, Doctor Sivana, Aunt Minerva (played by Ruth Buzzi), and Mordru the Merciless. Joining the Caped Crusader and the Boy Wonder on the Justice League were Green Lantern, The Flash, Hawkman, Black Canary, The Atom, The Huntress, Captain Marvel and a new hero: Ghetto Man. Also appearing was William Schallert (The Patty Duke Show) as "Scarlet Cyclone" (a.k.a., "Retired Man"). Hosting the second episode, "The Roast", is none other than Ed McMahon (The Tonight Show, Star Search)! You'll also hear the voice of Narrator Gary Owens (Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in) and briefly see a pre-Night Court Marsha Warfield in an uncredited bit part.

Warner Brothers has announced today at the New York Comic Con that this rarely-seen production will come to DVD exclusively through their WBshop.com online store's manufacture-on-demand (MOD) program. Available starting October 19th, the cost will be $19.95 for a 100-minute disc. You can pre-order Legends of the Super-Heroes right away, and lock in a copy of this DVD for your collection. Be aware, though, that as usual this MOD title will only be available to ship to U.S. destinations (we don't have any of the details, but we are given to understand that this is due to legal reasons, rather than any studio limitations). Package art isn't available yet, but here's the studio's description of the release:

Heroes and villains of DC Comics square off in the two-part, live-action, made-for-TV (with a laugh track!) smackdowns of Legends of the Super Heroes. The Challenge: Batman and Robin (Adam West and Burt Ward of the live-action Batman TV series) lead The Flash, Green Lantern and more JLA members against The Riddler (Frank Gorshin reprising his TV role), Mordru, Weather Wizard and other Doom-dealers. The Legion's ultimate gambit: trick the heroes into downing a diabolical depowering drink! The Roast: Poking fun beats swapping punches when celebrity host Ed McMahon emcees a rowdy rave-up. Who knew DC Super Heroes and villains packed as much verbal wit as physical grit when not locked in mortal combat? These Legends will leave you laughing.

preorder link

Sucks that, per WB's site, there was no remaster/restore done, but ZOMG IT'S FINALLY GETTING A RELEASE!!!!!!!!111!!!1 icon-hotrod.gif icon-hotrod.gif icon-hotrod.gif
QUOTE(Drivaaar @ Jan 22 2006, 06:22 PM)
Y'see, even the Editor of the Enquirer has to draw the pun line somewhere, and you just obliterated that line with a big huge cannon filled with vast amounts of gunpowder.

#2 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10198 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Scottimus Prime @ Oct 8 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sucks that, per WB's site, there was no remaster/restore done, but ZOMG IT'S FINALLY GETTING A RELEASE!!!!!!!!111!!!1 icon-hotrod.gif icon-hotrod.gif icon-hotrod.gif

They really don't bother truly restoring that many old TV series... though the DVDs should still look as good as the show ever has.

#3 Self-Destruct

Self-Destruct

A buffet of reaction imagery.

• Citizen
  • 3120 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:52 AM

.....Wait.

Ghetto Man.

What?

#4 Shadowmask

Shadowmask

Homini lupus

• Citizen
  • 7447 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(Self-Destruct @ Oct 16 2010, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.....Wait.

Ghetto Man.

What?

He's an incredibly stereotypical blaxploitation superhero. He criticizes the Justice League for not being integrated, declaring, "Green Lantern doesn't qualify as 'colored people.'" And that's only the beginning.
"Ideas are the jive of creative brains."
- Nobel laureate chemist Linus Pauling