Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 05:18 PM)

was referring more to how he was suspected of being a traitor in g1. and dreamwave. and 2001 rid. it was sarcastic, hence the :rolleyes  lol

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 05:10 PM)

Don't expect major events to be forshadowed.

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:57 PM)

wow! what a twist! mirage is suspected of being a traitor! :rolleyes

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:49 PM)

yeah im only on issue 4 and its only been like 30 minutes since i started. lots of splash pages and very little dialog

@  unitremover : (27 March 2017 - 04:47 PM)

I read it for the first time about a year ago and my main problem with it was just how little content there seemed to be in the individual issues. I remember thinking that it took probably three issues before I felt like it had really delivered a "proper" issue's worth of story.

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:33 PM)

id rather read about the galaxy-wide war than yet another story on earth. thats one of the things i loved about formerly r.i.d. but when they went back before combiner wars i lost interest. i read til all are one because of this.

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 04:24 PM)

It's one of those stories that gets slightly better with age because you know that IDW comics recover, but at the time it was a massive step back, a complex universe where the war was being fought across the galaxy swept away offpanel and replaced by n episode of the cartoon with blood..And there's a fan character we were told we were going to love, inserted to lecture the Autobots.

@  Bass X0 : (27 March 2017 - 04:12 PM)

Its not a bad story really, but then I've read actual bad TF event stories by IDW that came later. There is one major turnabout that happens off panel with no explanation that should have been addressed better though.

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:08 PM)

im about to start reading all hail megatron. wish me luck...

@  RC85747 : (27 March 2017 - 03:56 PM)

Bow to the evil unicorn

@  RichardT1977 : (27 March 2017 - 03:55 PM)

The G1 film had multiple good songs.

@  Dracula : (27 March 2017 - 03:37 PM)

he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed

@  Robowang : (27 March 2017 - 03:36 PM)

he's fat.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (27 March 2017 - 02:39 PM)

What do y'all think of Shrek?

@  Evac : (27 March 2017 - 01:51 PM)

Put down that chainsaw and listen to me! It's time for us to join in the fight!

@  Evac : (27 March 2017 - 01:51 PM)

At least the G1 film had one good song.

@  Boomhauer : (27 March 2017 - 01:27 PM)

I think I'd rather take neither, because ROTF being awful doesn't magically make the G1 Film stop being terrible.

@  Bass X0 : (27 March 2017 - 12:56 PM)

I'll take a children's movie where everyone talks like Wreck-Gar over a children's movie that has dog sex, masturbation, drugs, golden showers and enemy scrotum.

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 12:12 PM)

Oh-ee-yay! Talespin!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2017 - 10:09 AM)

Superman.....

@  Sabrblade : (27 March 2017 - 09:27 AM)

"I... am not... a gun."

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:42 PM)

Another great 90's animated film is, of course, The Iron Giant.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 03:25 PM)

Another thing I liked about The Prince of Egypt was that it explained (without even having to say it outright) why Moses was chosen to deliver the Israelites from Egypt. Someone who had been raised among the slaves would have had too much bitterness and would want to go in throwing the wrath of God on all the Egyptians (or at least the royal family) until they all burned alive. But Moses had been raised as a member of the royal family, so he still thought of them as family. He wanted to reach a peaceful solution if at all possible.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:04 PM)

"I know! I'll turn him into a flea. A harmless little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then put that box inside of another box, and when it arrives - AHAHAHA! I'LL SMASH IT WITH A HAMMAH! It's brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT, I tell you! Genius, I say!"

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:03 PM)

Hell, The Emperor's New Groove is easily the funniest animated film ever. Disney managed to do what Dreamworks tried to do, and they did it right.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:02 PM)

None of their "funny" movies are anywhere near as funny as Aladdin or The Emperor's New Groove.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:02 PM)

Its a pity Dreamworks devolved into a company that churned out "funny" films filled with pop culture references.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 03:00 PM)

(also at the end of that scene, the camera pans up from the Egyptian skyline to the night sky and the most prominent constellation is Orion. Which the Egyptians associated with Osiris)

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 02:59 PM)

Yeah I give them full credit for treating the Last Plague with all the solemness it deserves.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:59 PM)

It freed the Israelites, but Moses sure hated seeing what it did to his brother and all the normal non-slave owning people who didn't do anything wrong to the Israelites.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:58 PM)

And it actually portrays God murdering children as a tragic thing, something most other adaptations disturbingly don't do.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 02:57 PM)

So that what He told Moses becomes, "I'll lay the smackdown on Egypt, but I should warn you it's only gonna make Rameses dig in his heels more until I have no choice but to break him fully."

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 02:56 PM)

It also describes the "hardening of the Pharoah's heart" as his natural reaction to the plagues rather than an intentional mental override by God.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:54 PM)

Hell, it actually portrays the Plagues as something that's bad and treats most of the Egyptian people as not deserving that shit. "All the innocent who suffer from your stubbornness and pride" and all that.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:53 PM)

I'm a Christian, but Prince of Egypt is one of the few religious movies I'll willingly watch, because it's actually good instead of being self-rightous preachy nonsense, batshit crazy propaganda or schmaltzy trash. It also has a great soundtrack with music that I actually put up there with some of Disney's best stuff.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:45 PM)

Dreamworks's best movies will always be the Dragons movies and The Prince of Egypt.

@  TM2-Megatron : (26 March 2017 - 02:40 PM)

Usually I'm willing to give animated films a go, but I have to agree this looked pretty terrible and I had no desire to see it

@  Patchouli Kn... : (26 March 2017 - 02:40 PM)

So it's the new "Bee Movie?"

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:16 PM)

Calling it now: it'll be a meme in ten years.

@  Paladin : (26 March 2017 - 02:07 PM)

every single person who said "yes" to BOSS BABY should be smacked. repeatedly. with adamantium.

@  MEDdMI : (26 March 2017 - 06:02 AM)

Yeah, I don't sync my Twitter since it's irrelevant to a TF forum and sometimes NSFW.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 March 2017 - 06:00 AM)

Ah, okay. I... don't know if that's a good idea or not. I post a lot of cats.

@  MEDdMI : (26 March 2017 - 05:50 AM)

I believe it will auto post anything you put on Twitter/Facebook to the Status section on the main forum page?

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 March 2017 - 05:41 AM)

And I totally miss Krispy Kreme. I mean, they're still around here, but nowhere I don't have to go well out of my way for any more. =(

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 March 2017 - 05:40 AM)

"i think you can sync profiles from both to this site." Not clear on what that means.

@  MEDdMI : (26 March 2017 - 05:04 AM)

:D I'm glad I have people and sheep who are willing to eat doughnuts for me.

@  Bass X0 : (26 March 2017 - 04:48 AM)

YOU'RE ALREADY CRAZY, MR. "I AM SHRAPNEL, DECEPTICON HERO"!!

@  Waspinator : (26 March 2017 - 04:45 AM)

DON'T MIND IF I DO

@  WorkbenchManiac : (26 March 2017 - 04:07 AM)

Go crazy?

@  Waspinator : (26 March 2017 - 03:31 AM)

No TV and no beer make Homer something something

Photo

The Allspark Almanac II: Time to GEEK-OUT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
684 replies to this topic

#141 Walky

Walky

STRONG GRUDGE

• Citizen
  • 36266 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(Ryune @ Jun 30 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Vicious @ Jun 30 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had to scan this page for friends of mine in the "Gargoyles" fandom. But I figure I'll post it here too:
[/img]

Yeah, the Superbook reference made me laugh like a fool.

Yay someone recognized Gizmo!

#142 Walky

Walky

STRONG GRUDGE

• Citizen
  • 36266 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE(Sprocket @ Jun 30 2010, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait a minute, there's a Studio 4C short (Starscream's Fantasy) we never saw!

It's been seen, but apparently not by you.

#143 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8763 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

Something to hope for should hell freeze over and we ever get Season 3 on DVD.
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#144 lonegamer8

lonegamer8

Handsome afthead, ain't he? *tries not to start fangirling*

• Retired Staff
  • 9462 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:03 PM

"Sensei Yoketron" makes my inner Japanese student twitch.

For those that don't speak or didn't learn Japanese, titles such as "sensei" (an honorific usually used for teachers or masters) and "taisa" (colonel) is placed after the person's name. E.g., "Kakashi-sensei" and "Mustang-taisa".

Edited by lonegamer8, 30 June 2010 - 09:04 PM.

My works! Lemme show you 'em!

Avatar base courtesy of Wombat King <- not at the moment

Allspark's August Reading List 2007 - "Sides"
Allspark's July Fic Challenge 2007 "Red Carpet" winner - "Blue Carpet"
The NEW TFWiki!
Henkei! Henkei! Transformers pack-in comic summaries.
Henkei! Henkei! Transformers monthly manga summaries.

#145 Fishbug

Fishbug

toot toot

• Citizen
  • 11390 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

Japawhat? That's Cybertronian. Sure the words are the same, but in application?
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#146 Starfield

Starfield
  • Citizen
  • 1355 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(Ryune @ Jun 30 2010, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, episode summaries!

SUMMARIES:

1. Three-parter opening "Trial of Megatron." Sentinel vies for power, Bulkhead's hometown is attacked, he and Sari go off to save it. Megatron uses this as a distraction to transport the entire prison of Kaon to the middle of Lake Erie in a bighuge prison break.

2. "Allspark-alypse Now!" Sentinel gets the bright idea to use the Allspark to beat Megatron for good, and comes to Earth. Prowl's ghost goes "not on my watch" and possesses Allspark-sparked bots (like Wreck-Gar) to warn Optimus and explain why this is bad juju.

3. Soundwave battles Steampunk Luddites. No, really. I read this and I went "OH MY GOD STEAMPUNK IN MY TRANSFORMERS." OP teams up with them to help beat Soundwave.

4. Mirror Universe ep, with Sari and Bulkhead filling in Cliffjumper's role in SG.

5. Minicons escape from Kaon into detroit and start taking everything apart, including Transformers. Ratchet and Fanzone team up.

6. Cosmos (!) comes to earth with an important message and borks it up when he scans a B-movie saucer prop.

7. Megatron and the Constructicons have a turf war over engergon.

8. Two-part finale, which sounds like the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny, with OP gathering as many allies as he can to beat Megatron forever.

1. Megatron escapes. In the next episode? RESET BUTTON!

2. Prowl's ghost?

3. Two thumbs way up!!!

4, 5. Sounds like fun.

6. I'm glad this didn't happen.

7. The Constructicons are more badass than I thought. Sounds like fun.

8. So, like the end of season 3 then.

#147 lonegamer8

lonegamer8

Handsome afthead, ain't he? *tries not to start fangirling*

• Retired Staff
  • 9462 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(Sso02V @ Jun 30 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Japawhat? That's Cybertronian. Sure the words are the same, but in application?

Reflex. icon-waspy.gif

My works! Lemme show you 'em!

Avatar base courtesy of Wombat King <- not at the moment

Allspark's August Reading List 2007 - "Sides"
Allspark's July Fic Challenge 2007 "Red Carpet" winner - "Blue Carpet"
The NEW TFWiki!
Henkei! Henkei! Transformers pack-in comic summaries.
Henkei! Henkei! Transformers monthly manga summaries.

#148 Evac

Evac

Buggin' out

• Citizen
  • 21025 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

Where's my Hot Shot pics? icon-screamer.gif

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

There are days when the wind doesn't feel like wind so much as it's a swarm of invisible wraiths shrieking and tearing and clawing at everything.

#149 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8763 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE(Lifeline @ Jun 30 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where's my Hot Shot pics? icon-screamer.gif

Where do you think?

#150 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 4522 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

CHANnel FOUR of course!

#151 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 15346 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:42 PM

+1 for GWAR reference.

At first read-through, I'm not entirely thrilled with canonizing Alignment and now "officially" having sent Blackarachnia and Waspinator into the Beast Wars. But the former had basically all-but-happened already anyway given its thorough invasion of JTF fiction, and the latter was always a toss-up and if a book like the Almanac DIDN'T make it happen the pent-up fanservice power would have imploded in an antimatter vortex destroying the universe. So I guess I'll have to deal with it.

#152 (Deactivated) AvisFelis

(Deactivated) AvisFelis
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

and now "officially" having sent Blackarachnia and Waspinator into the Beast Wars.

Say wut?! icon-bee.gif

Details!

#153 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8763 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

It's not like we'll ever see it referenced again, so I can live with Beast Wars crossing over with Animated.

#154 Walky

Walky

STRONG GRUDGE

• Citizen
  • 36266 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

It's not a terribly great Beast Wars if Rattrap is still on Cybertron.

#155 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 840 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Jun 30 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At first read-through, I'm not entirely thrilled with canonizing Alignment and now "officially" having sent Blackarachnia and Waspinator into the Beast Wars. But the former had basically all-but-happened already anyway given its thorough invasion of JTF fiction, and the latter was always a toss-up and if a book like the Almanac DIDN'T make it happen the pent-up fanservice power would have imploded in an antimatter vortex destroying the universe. So I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Did I send them to a Beast Wars universe? I tried to make it intentionally ambiguous. Blackarachnia doesn't know if she's on a new alien planet, or on a remote part of Earth. Standing stones does not the Beast Wars make.

Funny story about how that page came to be. The model sheets were labeled "Primitive Planet," so originally I named the planet Energoa. Then, Derrick came back to me and said that she might actually be on Earth, so I went back in and hedged my bets, so that it'd work either way. In any event, I wasn't intentionally trying to send them to a BW universe / dimension / future / whatever.

As for Alignment... I like Alignment. The Marvel G2 comic was Furman's baby, I don't see much reason why it shouldn't end the way he wanted it to.

-JimS

#156 Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80
  • Citizen
  • 4506 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:21 PM

Can someone pm bio and scans of rodimus and cyclonus? Is there a height chart in the book? Amazon isn't shipping till later this month!

#157 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 15346 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(AvisFelis @ Jul 1 2010, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and now "officially" having sent Blackarachnia and Waspinator into the Beast Wars.

Say wut?! icon-bee.gif Details!

In each of their vignettes, BA and Waspy mention unnatural standing stone formations. Waspy further notes seeing a floating mountain. Of course, as pointed out above, it isn't absolutely necessarily THE Beast Wars. For one thing, they'd have to have traveled to an entirely different dimension--something transwarp cells have never been shown to do.

It's overall an astounding book out of an astounding pair of books. I've never read anything like it--that kind of playful active engagement with the reading audience, REVELING in experiential interactivity and layers upon layers of storybuilding. They're the perfect companion pieces to the series. Perhaps for that reason, I actually found the later chapters surprisingly bittersweet. There's all this-and-that about how much effort went into creating material that could never and will never be finished, and the notes from Eric and ESPECIALLY Aaron struck me as pretty wistful. I've read a lot of stuff from Aaron over the years but never anything like this message, where he talks about how much they valued winning the fans over to Animated and how everybody's efforts worked out so well and how it hadn't ended like anybody really wanted it to and they're so glad to see people still cherish it. And we do.

Edited by Thylacine2000, 30 June 2010 - 11:07 PM.

#158 General Tekno

General Tekno

BRUNT; F.C.A.!

• Citizen
  • 1939 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:50 PM

Well, I think I'm about 40-45% through the crossword.

This thing is HARD.

banner_2015.png

BT Toons - updates Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Blog | Youtube | Twitter | DeviantArt | Tumblr

#159 (Deactivated) Ryune

(Deactivated) Ryune
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(Code of Walky @ Jun 30 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Ryune @ Jun 30 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Vicious @ Jun 30 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had to scan this page for friends of mine in the "Gargoyles" fandom. But I figure I'll post it here too:
[/img]

Yeah, the Superbook reference made me laugh like a fool.

Yay someone recognized Gizmo!

the ONLY time I ever saw anything superbook related was at church when I was wee. I couldn't tell you jack about it, just that it had a red robot with a cross on his chest. I recognized that right away XD.

Nicely done.

#160 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 6665 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:12 AM

I think it's official now. The two Allspark Almanac volumes are now the must-own books for a Transformers fan. If you don't like them, you're dead inside.