Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sean Whitmore : (23 June 2017 - 03:31 PM)

Epilogue is the worst thing to happen to mankind. And I'm including, like, all the wars and stuff.

@  Evac : (23 June 2017 - 02:11 PM)

... Did Linkara cover that one?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 01:50 PM)

the comics where Barbara quit being Batgirl after she was beaten into a miscarriage.

@  Boomhauer : (23 June 2017 - 01:20 PM)

His choice to be Batman had more punch when he was a completely normal guy met with the same dillema instead of the DNA garbage that muddies the message for no other reason than to give Old Bruce another ass-kiss before the show is over. It's a boring episode whose entire concept is repeating things already known and spark Squawkbox arguments.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 01:11 PM)

But he still chose to be batman. Not only did he chose to be batman, he did it better.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 12:46 PM)

I have to agree.. Part of the problem with Epilogue is it takes away from "Terry CHOSE to be batman" and changed it a bit to "Terry was designed to be batman."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2017 - 12:13 PM)

Do you mean the DCAU continuity comics or Future's End?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 11:36 AM)

can we all at least agree it's a better ending for Batman Beyond than the comics?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 10:52 AM)

There was no evidence of it to support it in the show, and generally using someone to MAKE a batman is a jerkish thing to do.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:37 AM)

why does it matter?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

I think the problem with Epilogue was making Terry effectivly Batman's son.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:24 AM)

what's your problem with it?

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 10:02 AM)

Epilogue give a great end to Batman Beyond and even has a Mask of the Phantasm character

@  MrBlud : (23 June 2017 - 09:55 AM)

I don't post in the Shoutbox often, but when I do, it's to confirm "Epilogue" is garbage.

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 08:43 AM)

even "Epilogue" ? (braces for that argument again)

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:26 AM)

Its a really great show.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:25 AM)

Justice League unlimited

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2017 - 08:14 AM)

Sprinkles or nothing!

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2017 - 07:06 AM)

>_< 3 hrs, $5,628 to go for the Two Scoops Kickstarter http://kck.st/2qgIkCd

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 06:16 AM)

Yeah, miles is only used when accuracy doesn't actually matter, or we're dealing with americans.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 03:55 AM)

We even use "miles" in similar contexts in German even though we use kilometers for actual measurements.

@  The Doctor Who : (23 June 2017 - 02:40 AM)

Makes sense, really. Colloquialisms exist in their own weird little universe where terminology can persist after it's no longer relevant otherwise.

@  abates : (23 June 2017 - 01:17 AM)

We also measure car milage in kilometres but still call it milage.

@  Bass X0 : (22 June 2017 - 05:47 PM)

No. We still say miles. Kilometers is only really used for actual specific distances whereas miles being used in a common phrase is still miles.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 June 2017 - 04:59 PM)

People from outside the U.S.: as we are all English-proficient here, do you ever use the phrase "I saw it coming from miles away.", or do you say "kilometers" instead?

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Wow, that was supposed to :shout" hours ago...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Indeed. Especially on opening week. We're talking avg, 5-8%. It's more at your discount/sub-run houses.

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

AMC knows it, freakin $7 for a regular drink

@  Paladin : (22 June 2017 - 08:22 AM)

and if you want to support your theaters, buy more concessions. because they get SHIT from the ticket sales...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:15 AM)

So, we charged an extra $1 per. F'em

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:13 AM)

First, they threatened to stop sending us digital because we weren't upcharging for it (back when we were still "mixed" format). Then they threatened to stop sendingus 3D because we didn't upcharge for those either initially.

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:12 AM)

Can't blame the theater totally for those ticket prices. The studios have a say in them as well.

@  Noideaforaname : (22 June 2017 - 12:00 AM)

Charge 'em for the lice! Extra for the mice! Two percent for looking in the mirror twice!

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 June 2017 - 11:45 PM)

Even here in Canada where price gouging is commonplace, IMAX 3-D is still $19.50

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 June 2017 - 11:44 PM)

$27 a ticket? That's ludicrous

@  Sean Whitmore : (21 June 2017 - 11:40 PM)

I gave up on IMAX this year. I was just about able to put up with $20 per ticket, but by the time the new Kong came out, my theater started charging $27 per. They must be outside their damn minds.

@  unitremover : (21 June 2017 - 10:50 PM)

I paid for a ticket to a 2D showing but they showed it in 3D anyways for some reason. I think me taking an Ibuprofen before I went for other reasons is the only reason I didn't walk out with a massive headache.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 June 2017 - 10:38 PM)

One thing I'll give Bay and/or the promoters of this film... I like how they've advertised on the poster that this was actually shot with real, IMAX 3-D cameras. I wish the marketing of other films exhibited a similar interest in the quality of the equipment used. Hell, for some films, being visually interesting is about all they have going for them

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 June 2017 - 10:35 PM)

I assume the Autobots will be even bigger assholes in this one, especially Optimus

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 June 2017 - 10:35 PM)

I have my ticket to see it in IMAX this Saturday... looking forward to another bizarre, 3 hour spectacle of something or other

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2017 - 08:58 PM)

Bay already said he won't do another... but what does a persons word mean these days anyway. Doesn't really matter how bad the movies are (or aren't. You know, whatever floats your goat.) so long as they make money. And his flicks do make money.

@  Telly : (21 June 2017 - 06:12 PM)

maybe this one will do poor enough that theyll have to rethink their entire strategy going forward. and hopefully this WILL be bays last one (specially if it does do poorly). well, rethink after bumblebee anyway

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2017 - 06:07 PM)

Yeah... the reception for the movie has been... mixed to poor to say the least. Thanksfully, I gave up on the bayverse films after the first one.

@  Telly : (21 June 2017 - 05:46 PM)

well theres SOMETHING showing in movie theaters. whether it can actually be CALLED a "movie" seems to be debatable

@  Patchouli Kn... : (21 June 2017 - 05:45 PM)

Oh, is the new movie out?

@  Dracula : (21 June 2017 - 05:41 PM)

I got a rock.

@  Xellos : (21 June 2017 - 05:31 PM)

BB here

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 June 2017 - 04:38 PM)

Who here got a Bumblebee shirt and who got the Optimus shirt at the premiere?

@  Nevermore : (21 June 2017 - 02:50 PM)

"Bowdlerizing" basically means censorship, in the "removing anything the person in charge of the editing considers unsuitable for children" sense.

@  Foffy : (21 June 2017 - 01:38 PM)

Sorry, not sure what happened there. Shout edited; link should work now.

Photo

The Allspark Almanac II: Time to GEEK-OUT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
684 replies to this topic

#1 Jeysie

Jeysie

Geekbot & Nerdicon Fangirl

• Citizen
  • 3863 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:51 PM

http://boltax.blogsp...ng-part_28.html

WHOOHOO, I so can't wait until I can get this. icon-fire.gif So looking forward to all the cameo bios and episode tidbits.

As for the preview, in addition to the badass Megatron toy-that-could-have-been (le sigh) I'm so loving the Yatter page and all the cool references on it. I guess making that wiki page was worth it after all!

#2 (Deactivated) Vicious

(Deactivated) Vicious
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:53 PM

Looking forward to it. I've got my pre-order.

#3 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8802 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

'Prime' can come and take all the ratings records it wants, but I'm not letting Animated go off quietly into the night, no way, no how. It deserves another chance in the sun, someday, somehow, CN's partial ownership be damned.

At least give us the last damned season on DVD, if nothing else. Jeez.
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#4 Geoff

Geoff

he created the vibe...

• Supporter
  • 1650 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

I've this ordered and really can't wait to get my hands on it... those pages have really wetted my appetite for more animated!!!

Follow me on twitter

#5 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2483 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:14 PM

Wish Hasbro would finish developing that new Megatron toy. Both vehicle modes look decent, and I dig the creepy Beast Machines-like head. And it would blend in pretty well in a non-movie line, I probably wouldn't have even recognized it as an Animated figure if I wasn't told first.

#6 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 24122 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

Wait, it's out this week? I thought it got pushed back to July?

#7 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 8591 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

Brilliant, a head-start on the annotations! icon-hotrod.gif

#8 Starsteam

Starsteam

Rowsdower

• Citizen
  • 1321 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:57 PM

Can't wait to order this thing. Hopfully I won't have to wait until december to get it.

#9 BHFlint

BHFlint

Bork!

• Staff
  • 30642 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(HellCat @ Jun 28 2010, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This week IS July!

Also, Marauder Megatron is SWEET.

Edited by fangwing, 28 June 2010 - 06:07 PM.

#10 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 24122 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(fangwing @ Jun 28 2010, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(HellCat @ Jun 28 2010, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This week IS July!

Also, Marauder Megatron is SWEET.

The last info I had was mid-late July. Not straight out the gate.

#11 Daith

Daith

United, our roar will level Mountains!

• Supporter
  • 7647 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

Oh heck, Shortpacked! got a shout out in the Almanac! Walkys gonna be jazzed. icon-fire.gif

And holy! That Abandoned Maurader Megatron looks sweet. Though I gotta admit the head gives me a Sigma 5 Cobra Commander feel.

WHY HASBRO WHY DID YOU END THIS AWESOMENESS?! icon-screamer.gif

Edited by Daith, 28 June 2010 - 06:23 PM.

3DS Friend Codes : 1633-4354-6578 and 4270-3512-2442 Username: Daith (on both) Pokemon profiles - Trainer Name: X-Phil, Y-Emma Lynn, OR- Mara, AS- Ron Nintendo WiiU ID: Daithirian

#12 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 8591 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:20 PM

Who wants to see some annotations? Sure ya do! This is MY preview! icon-arcee.gif

Pg 16 – Yoketron's bio refers to numerous Cybertronian martial arts: Crystalocution (originally mentioned from G1 Banazi-Tron's bio), diffusion (from Dreamwave's More Than Meets the Eye handbook), Tekkaido (from the BotCon 2001 exclusive Arcee's bio) and Circuit-Su (from Bugly's bio, also mentioned in the Animated cartoon itself). Two new arts are introduced here: Tahtib-tron and Laser Lathi, named for Tahtib and Lathi, types of cane-fighting from Egypt and India, respectively.

Pg 64 – This partial episode summary for “TransWarped” takes the form of the Headmaster's account on Yatter, the Transformers equivalent of Twitter introduced in the Collectors' Club exclusive story, “Eye in the Sky”. Yatter is copyright Alternate Reality, Inc, the computer programming company from issue #40 of the Generation 1 Marvel comic. The Beast Wars II Moon toy appears in the title bar, as does the Japanese ID number for Raiden, C-131. The page prompts users to post with the order “Report to me at once!”, the command Optimus Prime gave Ironhide in the opening scenes of The Transformers: The Movie. Headmaster has 26632 followers, after the Star Trek vessel, the NCC-26632. He follows 137 people; there are a lot of potential things this could reference, but for now I'm going with the Star Trek Starbase of the same numerical designation.

The lists of top trackers and trending topics are, of course, full of references:

*Trackers include in_your_face_furg (Furg was the doorman at Dancitron in the Generation 1 episode “Auto-Bop”; an Animated version of his character design is his userpic seen in the main body replying to the Headmaster's Yatts), SJ2Sweet (evidently Sally Jones from Energon, given that someone with a userpic of her is also replying to the Headmaster), President_for_Life (one of the many titles of Generation 1 Arab dictator Abdul Fakkadi), Maggie_M_999 (Maggie Madsen from the live-action Transformers movie), ravagekitteh (the actual in-fiction Yatter account of Shattered Glass Ravage; also exists in real life on Twitter), SacredPalutena (Palutena from the Kid Icarus video games), Where_am_I_Hibiki (“Where am I now?” was a question often asked by perennially lost Ranma ? character, Ryuga Hibiki), triffid_venom_stings (referring to the titular carnivorous plants from “Day of the Triffids”), Wallace_Enoch (Enoch Wallace from the Clifford D. Simak novel “Way Station”), HeecheeTechGuy (the Heechee are aliens from the works of Frederik Pohl) and Ignignokt108 (Ignignokt is one of the Mooninites from Aqua Teen Hunger Force).

*Trending topics include Digital Doom (from the 1987 Generation 1 pack-in leaflet, “Digital Doom on the Highway to Destruction”), Ear Fungus (an infection often detected in visitors to the Sector 7 mobile command unit, part of the “alternate reality game” promotion for the first live-action movie) #TFARP (the hashtag of the real-life TransFormers Animated RolePlay), WrecknRule (catchphrase of the Wreckers), Shortpacked! (webcomic of Transformers fan David Willis), #FIRRIB and #FIBRIR (an ancient fandom debate revolving around the colors of Generation 1 Rumble and Frenzy; they mean “Frenzy Is Red, Rumble Is Blue” and “Frenzy Is Blue, Rumble Is Red”), I Risk My Life For Earth (the title of an episode of the Japanese Transformers series, The Headmasters), Darque Chocolate (the villain of the murder mystery dinner from the Official Transformers Collectors Convention 2004), Battle Protocol (the title of the first episode of Robots in Disguise), #ertd (the nonsensical acronym for the Extra-Terrestrial Response Division from Panini's Armada comics), ThisManThisMayonnaise (Donny Finkleberg's proposed “Potato Salad Man” graphic novel from issue #15 of the Generation 1 Marvel comic) and Rotate Blade (a fandom nickname for Beast Wars Dinobot's spinning tail-blade weapon, deriving from an infamous fanfic).

Edited by Chris McFeely, 28 June 2010 - 07:21 PM.

#13 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini
  • Citizen
  • 13654 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

Lonegamer's gonna send me mine; I can't wait!

Which reminds me; I should probably pay her, now.

#14 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 4816 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

If Hasbro lets that gorgeous piece of resin go to waste by never making it, so help me... icon-megs.gif

#15 Jeysie

Jeysie

Geekbot & Nerdicon Fangirl

• Citizen
  • 3863 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

And the first salvo of McFeely vs. the Allspark Almanac II references is fired!

#16 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 33351 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

And the first salvo of McFeely vs. the Allspark Almanac II references is fired!

WHO WILL SURVIVE?

Edited by Razorsaw, 28 June 2010 - 06:45 PM.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#17 2017

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 41244 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

Seeing how popular this is makes me wish Someone would do a nice English version of one of those Japanese G1 print media books or something. Just for a subject I'm more of a fan of.

This is nice too though.

PM me if you're bored!

#18 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8802 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

For the record, I love this, I can't wait to own it, and my passion is partially because I want to see another AllSpark Almanac someday, even if it takes years.

#19 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

*paws at the screen*

I definitely know what I'm asking my parents for this Christmas. Unfortunately, we don't have the funds to buy it right out of the gate.
You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

#20 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8802 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(Fenix Twilight @ Jun 28 2010, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Hasbro lets that gorgeous piece of resin go to waste by never making it, so help me... icon-megs.gif

I hope you're being facetious, because they're not making it, and have no incentive to ever make it, since it never even had a fiction appearance. You're pretty much looking at the next Transtech prototypes, unless Hell freezes over and somehow Hasbro find a justification for releasing a toy from a dead franchise that never even appeared in said franchise.

At this point, I'm just hoping Hasbro doesn't think that whatever 'Prime' gives us will somehow magically make all the people that want more Animated toys and stories disappear. Because it won't.