Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 12:11 PM)

*Clicks on link* Ooh, that is a lovely webcomic, thank you. I'm going to have to bookmark this.

@  Rycochet : (30 April 2017 - 10:42 AM)

Breaking Cat News is a pretty awesome webcomic.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 09:49 AM)

Brawl in the Family's my favorite webcomic.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 09:48 AM)

You're a penguin, Dedede! You're a grumpy, grouchy guy! Your aggravating antics even sicken Sakurai, Dedede-EE! The only game you deserve is on the PHILLIPS CD-I! You're a mean king, Dedede! You've got Tektites in your smile! You've got all the wrath of Ganondorf, but only half the style, Dedede-EE! You'd even steal a painting of A SEASICK CROCODILE! I think I hate you, Dedede! You pathetic, putrid punk! You're as rancid as a Redead in a landfill full of junk, Dedede-EE! You miserable end-boss, you make me sick! And you can't even keep a pink puffball out of your hair! Three words that describe you best would be "stink, STANK, STUNK!"

@  unluckiness : (30 April 2017 - 09:27 AM)

if you like it you should have put a ring on it

@  2017 : (30 April 2017 - 09:09 AM)

There's nothing wrong with it, it's 99% of the time a joke term.

@  Pennpenn : (30 April 2017 - 08:39 AM)

I'll be gladder when the term "waifu" gets somehow deleted from existence, or at least falls out of common (or any) use.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 April 2017 - 04:36 AM)

Blasphemy! Zero Suit Samus forever!

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 03:31 AM)

That feeling when you finally realize that King Dedede is the best waifu and all others are shit.

@  Pennpenn : (29 April 2017 - 08:35 PM)

There are probably plenty of people who wouldn't know them from Adam. Me, for example.

@  Telly : (29 April 2017 - 08:18 PM)

not from me. id just put him on ignore

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (29 April 2017 - 08:16 PM)

I thought of something else about TFW2005 versus the Allspark. If Ignash was allowed back here, wouldn't that initiate lots of frustration and/or abandonment by people here?

@  Telly : (29 April 2017 - 08:09 PM)

with FRIGGIN laser beams on their FRIGGIN heads!

@  Lazy Garou : (29 April 2017 - 04:32 PM)

the do this to sharks. Friggin' sharks!

@  Lazy Garou : (29 April 2017 - 04:31 PM)

they don't kill. they eat half of your face, and you're left with a hideous tumor where the barnacle is.

@  Locoman : (29 April 2017 - 03:49 PM)

Perhaps the barnacle, consumed with guilt at what he'd done, took his own life after killing everyone

@  Lazy Garou : (29 April 2017 - 02:28 PM)

parasitic barnacles are the stuff of nightmares

@  MEDdMI : (29 April 2017 - 01:39 PM)

But barnacles don't have- *checks* "The main sense of barnacles appears to be touch, with the hairs on the limbs being especially sensitive. The adult also has a single eye, although this is probably only capable of sensing the difference between light and dark.[4]†This eye is derived from the primary†naupliar eye." Huh.

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 April 2017 - 01:29 PM)

He looked in a mirror

@  Evac : (29 April 2017 - 01:26 PM)

He was killed by his own ugliness. Kind of a "Hoist by His Own Petard" thing.

@  MEDdMI : (29 April 2017 - 01:12 PM)

How did the barnacle get killed if everyone died from his ugliness?

@  Whirl Maximus : (29 April 2017 - 11:09 AM)

I've been watching clips of the Japanese dub of the Sunbow movie. Comes with added SCREAMS!

@  Bass X0 : (29 April 2017 - 09:57 AM)

But the ugly barnacle realised he would grow up to become a beautiful oyster. Only he was killed before then for being so ugly.

@  Locoman : (29 April 2017 - 09:46 AM)

That didn't help at all!

@  Evac : (29 April 2017 - 09:32 AM)

Once there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly, that everyone died! The end.

@  Bass X0 : (29 April 2017 - 09:16 AM)

But Disney kept making movie sequels, because Disney.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 April 2017 - 09:06 AM)

And then a zombie ate him. The End!

@  Nutjob R/T : (29 April 2017 - 08:48 AM)

And then Scrooge put Tiny Dull Mind on his shoulder. "God bless us every one!" shouted Tiny Dull Brain.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 April 2017 - 06:05 AM)

Sanity is the crutch of a dull mind.

@  BlackMax : (29 April 2017 - 06:04 AM)

The former is needful. The latter is a situationally necessary demeanor.

@  BlackMax : (29 April 2017 - 06:03 AM)

I think people are confusing sanity with normalcy.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 April 2017 - 03:19 AM)

So we can fix them.

@  Bass X0 : (29 April 2017 - 02:32 AM)

why would any sane person come here anyway? 

@  Telly : (29 April 2017 - 02:27 AM)

im not sane. my mother had me tested

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 April 2017 - 02:12 AM)

We're not weird. You're just too sane.

@  Telly : (29 April 2017 - 02:11 AM)

*reads through shoutbox* theres some weird people on this board  :thumbsup

@  Pennpenn : (29 April 2017 - 12:45 AM)

I guess it'd be something like "lit-cad-or-et" presuming the p is still silent.

@  Bass X0 : (29 April 2017 - 12:44 AM)

Your grandma loves you!

@  RichardT1977 : (28 April 2017 - 09:34 PM)

@BlackMax Thank you, Dimitri Martin.

@  Evac : (28 April 2017 - 07:55 PM)

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'... Into the future~♪

@  BlackMax : (28 April 2017 - 06:49 PM)

God spelled backwards is dog. Cat spelled backwards is tac. Pterodactyl spelled backwards is really hard to pronounce.

@  Waspinator : (28 April 2017 - 06:46 PM)

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

@  LordGigaIce : (28 April 2017 - 06:12 PM)

you too, eh?

@  Locoman : (28 April 2017 - 05:40 PM)

Well, I don't know about you, but personally I clawed my way free from the corpse of a goat during the autumn equinox.

@  LordGigaIce : (28 April 2017 - 05:37 PM)

Yep. Also diseases are painful. And trucks are weird!

@  Bass X0 : (28 April 2017 - 04:41 PM)

we're all someone's daughters... we're all someone's sons...

@  Evac : (28 April 2017 - 03:22 PM)

Your creative writing professor is a god, then.

@  Diecast : (28 April 2017 - 03:17 PM)

My creative writing professor read that to my class once, all those years ago.

@  Evac : (28 April 2017 - 02:37 PM)

Sorry, whenever anyone brings up anything related to badfic, I immediately think of Repercussions of Evil.

@  Evac : (28 April 2017 - 02:29 PM)

"No! I must kill the trolls" he shouted. The radio said "No, John. You are the trolls" And then John was a shitposter.

Photo
- - - - -

Hasbro Transformers Q&A Round 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 38680 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

1) Can you share any information about the future of the Transformers: Generations line? Just what exactly is it set to include? Could things like the unreleased Animated figures such as Blackout, Wingblade Prime, Hydrodive Bumblebee, Wasp or Vortex Blurr be included? What about U.S. versions of Henkei Thundercracker, and Dirge (Since we have already heard of a Red Alert)?

QUOTE(Hasbro)
The Transformers Generation line is meant to be an all encompassing line that spans all "generations" of Transformers. Therefore the reason for inclusion of War for Cybetron figures with others like Darkmount, or Red Alert. The easy answer is yes, in due time, Generations could encompass the Animated figures that you have listed, however, we do not have any immediate plans to do so.

2) A while back you told us in several Q&A answers that Hasbro had the story of Primus' Original Thirteen Transformers all planned out (giving us hints like "only 7 of the 13 were named Primes," and "one of the 13 was an important female warrior.") We were told to stand-by to learn more about this mysterious legendary era of Cybertron soon. It's very exciting to hear there's a plan for this mysterious and important piece of Transformer "history," would you be able to give us any hints now on where (what format) and when you plan on telling this epic story?

QUOTE(Hasbro)
The story of the 13 is too big to deliver in any one format. Going forward we plan on releasing parts of the story through animation, publishing, and other entertainment. Thus, to get the whole story of the 13, it may take several years for fans to connect all the dots. We will begin unraveling this story in the upcoming novel Exodus based on the War for Cybertron video game.

#2 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5059 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:18 PM

Animated?! In Generations?!

I squeed.
On them twitters

#3 (Deactivated) Smitty

(Deactivated) Smitty
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(Nanite @ Jun 10 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I squeed.

I was getting excited too but the I saw the key words.

The Transformers Generation line is meant to be an all encompassing line that spans all "generations" of Transformers. Therefore the reason for inclusion of War for Cybetron figures with others like Darkmount, or Red Alert. The easy answer is yes, in due time, Generations could encompass the Animated figures that you have listed, however, we do not have any immediate plans to do so.

However we may have put the bug in their ear so as the plan next years assortment they will remember that they have all the molds for WB Prime, HD Bee and Blackout. Sadly they missed the bit about Dirge...

#4 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 38680 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:43 PM

TFormers:

1)After 26 years, why has the inclusion of a robot, alt, and limb suddenly become too hard to make even in lieu of rising prices?
Does Hasbro see combiners returning to actual Transformers after Power Core combiners? Or are drones a new kind of playability for the foreseeable future?

2) What was the reason behind making the Generations line strictly Deluxe?

Seibertron:

1) Fans were treated to a huge surprise at BotCon 2009 when they got to see not one but two G1 Unicrons on display. This was an item that many kids from the 80s dreamed of owning and as adults they still do. What can you tell us about the original G1 Unicron toy that was on display at BotCon 2009? How many of them are there? Any chance we'll ever see the G1 Unicron or G1 Arcee made?

2. We haven't heard much regarding the point of the Transformers Hall of Fame and how it will move forward beyond this initial year and induction at Botcon. Will future inductions be held in similar fashion of company picks and fan picks or will it be more fan controlled? And what is the greater point for the Hall, seeing it should be tied to greater media exposure. Is this all just publicity for ramping up excitement within the fan community, without actively having a pay-off beyond the possibility of backing the winning candidate for the 5th spot? Could this possibly be used for a "Transformers Hall-of-Fame" subline of the upcoming Generations toyline?

#5 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5059 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

What was the reason behind making the Generations line strictly Deluxe?
...we did not feel that adding other scales would add to this line at this time.

Exactly! Wait... What?
On them twitters

#6 (Deactivated) Moroboshi Ataru

(Deactivated) Moroboshi Ataru
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(Smitty @ Jun 10 2010, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Nanite @ Jun 10 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I squeed.

I was getting excited too but the I saw the key words.

However we may have put the bug in their ear so as the plan next years assortment they will remember that they have all the molds for WB Prime, HD Bee and Blackout. Sadly they missed the bit about Dirge...

I would be very surprised NOT to see Dirge, especially with this line planned to run for an extended period of time (Quoting the club magazine) and that mold in good enough shape (i.e. from what I've read about Ghost Starscream). Considering we've got Red Alert and Thrust, they're already 2 for 3 in terms of bringing over Henkei characters excluded from Universe.

#7 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 14488 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

The information about the 13 is awesome, and if they're being genuine about having it already planned out (which I am suspicious of), then that could be the coolest thing to hit in a long time.

#8 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 5789 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(NICKSTART @ Jun 10 2010, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The information about the 13 is awesome, and if they're being genuine about having it already planned out (which I am suspicious of), then that could be the coolest thing to hit in a long time.

I hope we get some The 13 action in Prime.
Not a full on Unicron vs. Primus thing though. That might get on a few people's nerves.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 10 June 2010 - 06:40 PM.

#9 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

CHAOS! You got a one way ticket to CHAOS! CHAOS!

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

... what? a new Q&A this close to BotCon?? GAH! Why do I never notice these things?! I could have asked about movie 1 Reverb and Gunbarrel in advance! T_T You might think it's a waste if we found out at BotCon, but if I knew now, I could buy more of them before it's too late.

#10 Professor

Professor
  • Citizen
  • 4035 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

Generations could encompass the Animated figures that you have listed, however, we do not have any immediate plans to do so.

Isn't this as much as admitting that there are no current plans for the unreleased Animated toys? Presumably they wouldn't be eligible for Generations if they were slated to appear anywhere else.

If so, that's... rather disappointing.

#11 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 5112 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

For example, in creating the new Power Core Combiner line, we wanted to establish a "system" of play that allowed kids the opportunity to not only play with the teams of figures, but also have the ability to create their own teams by collecting more and more figures.

Considering they've made interchangeable combiners where the limbs had robot modes before, I really don't see how this makes any sense as an explanation for why the PCCs have drone limbs. Especially since they specifically said it's not about costs. ("Cost" as in "there will be a larger number of different ones and therefore more combinations if each one is cheaper" would have made sense.)

But what I really don't get is how they can talk about "teams" when it's just one guy combining with some drones. There are no combiner teams in PCCs. Just individuals with super modes, that can borrow each other's super mode parts.

#12 Walky

Walky

STRONG GRUDGE

• Citizen
  • 36415 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(NovaSaber @ Jun 10 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For example, in creating the new Power Core Combiner line, we wanted to establish a "system" of play that allowed kids the opportunity to not only play with the teams of figures, but also have the ability to create their own teams by collecting more and more figures.

Considering they've made interchangeable combiners where the limbs had robot modes before, I really don't see how this makes any sense as an explanation for why the PCCs have drone limbs. Especially since they specifically said it's not about costs. ("Cost" as in "there will be a larger number of different ones and therefore more combinations if each one is cheaper" would have made sense.)

But what I really don't get is how they can talk about "teams" when it's just one guy combining with some drones. There are no combiner teams in PCCs. Just individuals with super modes, that can borrow each other's super mode parts.

They've outright stated that they want kids to be able to buy a combiner for less than a billion dollars. When you get a combiner down into the $20 range, you start having to lose something, like robot modes.

#13 Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk

Fight the Future

• Retired Staff
  • 18489 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

I'm a little disappointed in the Generations news. "We might eventually put those toys in Generations but not right now" is tantamount to saying "we aren't releasing them any other way, so, sure, why not?". I know that was pretty obvious but it's kind of the final nail in the coffin of Animated.

#14 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 17126 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(Code of Walky @ Jun 10 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(NovaSaber @ Jun 10 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They've outright stated that they want kids to be able to buy a combiner for less than a billion dollars. When you get a combiner down into the $20 range, you start having to lose something, like robot modes.

And sales.

Naw - you do have a point but I don't have to like it. I can only speak for myself, but I'd be excited by a whole line of "Legends" combiners at this point. I love my L'il Legends Dev and if they started cranking out updated Legends molds of other classic gestalts I'd be on them like stink on Stink-or.

Oh and that is a bummer about the Animated stuff. I definitely read that as we have no plans to make Animated available in Generations or anything else right now.

Edited by Dake, 10 June 2010 - 08:32 PM.

xr8bp5S.jpg

#15 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 8774 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(Quantumhawk @ Jun 10 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a little disappointed in the Generations news. "We might eventually put those toys in Generations but not right now" is tantamount to saying "we aren't releasing them any other way, so, sure, why not?". I know that was pretty obvious but it's kind of the final nail in the coffin of Animated.

Not gonna stop me and possibly other people politely asking if they'd ever consider a DTV or TV series sequel at future cons. Even if they keep saying no for years.

I WILL NOT CEASE UNTIL MY THIRST FOR ANIMATED FICTION IS SLAKED.
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#16 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 5112 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

1.For about five years, over the course of the Unicron Trilogy, it seemed like Hasbro was taking a relatively passive role when it came to the creation of tie-in media, or at least willing to let other companies like Takara (now Tomy) write the cartoon and then Hasbro would adapt it for the North American audiences. Then, during the creation of the Movie franchise and Transformers: Animated, Hasbro has been taking a very active, prominent role in the creation of tie-in media. Over the past decade, what are the most important lessons you think you?ve learned about storytelling, brand development, and working with creative partners, and how has that influenced the direction you?re driving the brand today?

2.At various points, licensees like Marvel Comics and some of the Japanese-market publications have held ?Create a Transformer? contests. Does Hasbro/Tomy own the rights to characters generated in such contests, and if so, could we ever see, say, Sunbender or Star Upper again?

http://www.asmzine.c...y-2010-answers/

1. According to a series of TakaraTomy-authorized illustrated text stories that ran in the Japanese "Figure King" magazine, there is an Ancient Transformer named "Logos Prime" who possesses extraordinary power over space and time. Within these stories, Vector Prime appears and recognizes Logos Prime as one of his kindred[1], despite Logos Prime being in the form of the "Galaxy Force" Soundblaster figure. Moreover, the silhouetted image of the Thirteen original Transformers produced for TakaraTomy's World of Transformers web site (written by Hirofumi Ichikawa, author of the text stories that ran in "Figure King") includes a shadowed figure resembling Soundblaster/Logos Prime.

Thus: is Logos Prime as one of the Thirteen Original Transformers?

2. The July 2003 issue of the magazine NewType USA contained an article on the then-upcoming Armada series, and featured an interview with the Japanese director of Armada, one Hidehito Ueda. According to the preamble of the interview, and we quote:

"In the beginning, Transformers Armada was planned as a sequel to The Rebirth, the last three-part Transformers episode shown in America featuring the Autobots and Decepticons, but later, partially because of Hasbro, it was produced as a completely new series."
Is this statement true? Was Armada originally conceived as a follow-up to the original Transformers cartoon?

http://tfwiki.net/wi...y_2010:_Answers

#17 Might Gaine

Might Gaine

ARMS UP!! \(^_^)/

• Retired Staff
  • 12895 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

I hope we do get an answer to the question about Armada originally being a sequel to Rebirth...

Edited by Might Gaine, 10 June 2010 - 08:48 PM.

Sign up at ToyStoreUpdates.com to get email updates when new Transformers come into stock at Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, and Hasbro Toy Shop.

#18 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 38680 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(Chaotic Descent @ Jun 10 2010, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... what? a new Q&A this close to BotCon?? GAH! Why do I never notice these things?! I could have asked about movie 1 Reverb and Gunbarrel in advance! T_T You might think it's a waste if we found out at BotCon, but if I knew now, I could buy more of them before it's too late.

For what it's worth, the questions were due back on May 3rd. Just a little bit before all of those Verbs and Barrels hit the market.

#19 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 5789 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

Tfwiki's first question makes me glad I'm using Electrostatic Soundwave as a stand-in for Logos Prime. Instead of shelling out for the real deal.

#20 Chip

Chip

The light which smashes lies!

• Citizen
  • 6320 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE(Might Gaine @ Jun 10 2010, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope we do get an answer to the question about Armada originally being a sequel to Rebirth...

Since we're apparently spending two whole questions on it, I hope so too! I would love to get some real detail on this, and how it would have worked. I'm especially interested now that we know that Demolishor was at some point going to be called Scourge; we should probably reword the question next time to ask specifically about which characters would have been returning guys.