However, the staff has determined that the review forum seems like it's being used more for bumping up page views on Youtube than actually providing content for our users.
With that said, we're going to require all reviews be posted in the body of the thread; posts consisting solely of links to a Youtube page or a review blog will no longer be permitted and will be removed- you're not required to host the photos in your review here, but we do offer the file upload option in this forum. Do this enough times and the staff will warn you for spamming.
If you're unsure how to post a Youtube video in a thread, follow these easy steps:
1. Visit the Youtube video you'd like to embed. Directly below the video should be a button labelled < Embed >. Choose your embedding options, including border color, video resolution, etc. and select the code beginning with < object width...
2. Paste it into your post anywhere you like- it's recommended you paste it after the text portion of your review.
3. Directly beneath the edit window of your post, you should see a line that says "Post Options" and a dropdown menu. Click the dropdown and choose "HTML On, Auto Linebreak Mode". This will maintain the formatting of the post as you see it on the screen.
4. Click "Post New Topic." If you're replying to a thread, you'll need to use the full reply option, as Quick Reply does not include the HTML options.
5. Your video should appear like this:
And that's it! Remember, this applies strictly to new threads -- we'd appreciate it if you would adjust your previous threads to be the same way, of course.
Edited by fangwing, 16 May 2010 - 06:33 PM.