Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 April 2017 - 06:39 PM)

Damn the shoutbox won't accept Asian script.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 April 2017 - 06:39 PM)

許されざる者よ!

@  Paladin : (30 April 2017 - 06:35 PM)

he's also addicted to Oreos. so, two weaknesses. :p

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 06:34 PM)

I remember Justice League left out his eye beams and played down his strength a bit, which I presume was done to help deifferentiate him from Superman.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 06:32 PM)

There's a reason why he's considered one of the most powerful of the JLA. Only one they can depend on to defeat him is Plastic Man, due to his brain's malleability.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:27 PM)

Wow, reading about all his powers, he's actually kind of overpowered aside from his weakness to fire.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:23 PM)

Martian Manhunter can disguise himself as anyone, shrink, grow, become invisible, stretch out his limbs, pop out extra arms, change his arms into blades, do all sorts of psychic stuff...

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:22 PM)

Which is kind of dumb. Aside from being a super-strong flying alien with eye beams that wears a cape and has super senses, there's a lot of differences.

@  Paladin : (30 April 2017 - 06:18 PM)

the higher-ups at WB apparently consider Martian Manhunter redundant- a "green Superman." that''s suposedly why hes left out.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:16 PM)

I wouldn't mind seeing them put Steel in one of the DCEU movies, as long as they're better than the last three.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:12 PM)

Really, he should be one of the easiest JL members to cast. You can take any guy of any race who's muscular enough for the role. It'd probably piss off the purists who want everything to be as close to the comics as possible, but you can't do anything without pissing them off.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:10 PM)

Foffy's right. I mean, they don't have to keep Martian Manhunter white. He can disguise himself as any race.

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 06:08 PM)

@Paladin I feel like Martian Manhunter would probably be played by a black actor anyway, though? I mean, his VAs in both the DCAU and The Batman were african american. Also, movies are a separate medium from comics.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:08 PM)

He's, like, the least interesting Earth GL.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:08 PM)

Hal Jordan is honestly a really boring character.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 06:04 PM)

I mean, I don't hate Aquaman or Hal Jordan, but I like Martian Manhunter a lot more.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:02 PM)

Meh, if I were then I would have just used John Stewart as Green Lantern, but I'd also have used Wally West instead of Barry Allen.

@  Paladin : (30 April 2017 - 05:59 PM)

because then WB has a reason/excuse to actually cast a black guy in the movie.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 05:52 PM)

Nah, just stick him on a Wildstorm title, great idea.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 05:52 PM)

Like, it's nice have Cybog getting his dues, but you could've have had him replaced Aquaman, not the guy who's literally been on every incarnation of the team and is it's heart and soul.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 05:51 PM)

Why on the New 52, Martian Manhunter isn't one of the finding JLA members.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 05:50 PM)

You know what I'll never understand?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 April 2017 - 05:01 PM)

There are shops with lots of pre-owned stuff like Mandarake, so it doesn't necessarily need to be retail, depending on where he's going.

@  Msol : (30 April 2017 - 04:19 PM)

Every other MP I want I have. I wonder how cheap Inferno is at retail...

@  Msol : (30 April 2017 - 04:19 PM)

I wonder if Star Saber is still around at retail. I don't know what it all looks like over there.

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Ask them to bring back a real live japanese person for you.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 April 2017 - 04:01 PM)

I'd say "any TF you don't already have" but I guess that's too general.

@  Msol : (30 April 2017 - 03:46 PM)

So hey I've got a buddy going to Japan for a vacation. What would be a good thing for him to bring back for me on the cheap? I've already got MP-36 so I'm not sure what else would worthwile...

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 12:11 PM)

*Clicks on link* Ooh, that is a lovely webcomic, thank you. I'm going to have to bookmark this.

@  Rycochet : (30 April 2017 - 10:42 AM)

Breaking Cat News is a pretty awesome webcomic.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 09:49 AM)

Brawl in the Family's my favorite webcomic.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 09:48 AM)

You're a penguin, Dedede! You're a grumpy, grouchy guy! Your aggravating antics even sicken Sakurai, Dedede-EE! The only game you deserve is on the PHILLIPS CD-I! You're a mean king, Dedede! You've got Tektites in your smile! You've got all the wrath of Ganondorf, but only half the style, Dedede-EE! You'd even steal a painting of A SEASICK CROCODILE! I think I hate you, Dedede! You pathetic, putrid punk! You're as rancid as a Redead in a landfill full of junk, Dedede-EE! You miserable end-boss, you make me sick! And you can't even keep a pink puffball out of your hair! Three words that describe you best would be "stink, STANK, STUNK!"

@  unluckiness : (30 April 2017 - 09:27 AM)

if you like it you should have put a ring on it

@  2017 : (30 April 2017 - 09:09 AM)

There's nothing wrong with it, it's 99% of the time a joke term.

@  Pennpenn : (30 April 2017 - 08:39 AM)

I'll be gladder when the term "waifu" gets somehow deleted from existence, or at least falls out of common (or any) use.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 April 2017 - 04:36 AM)

Blasphemy! Zero Suit Samus forever!

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 03:31 AM)

That feeling when you finally realize that King Dedede is the best waifu and all others are shit.

@  Pennpenn : (29 April 2017 - 08:35 PM)

There are probably plenty of people who wouldn't know them from Adam. Me, for example.

@  Telly : (29 April 2017 - 08:18 PM)

not from me. id just put him on ignore

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (29 April 2017 - 08:16 PM)

I thought of something else about TFW2005 versus the Allspark. If Ignash was allowed back here, wouldn't that initiate lots of frustration and/or abandonment by people here?

@  Telly : (29 April 2017 - 08:09 PM)

with FRIGGIN laser beams on their FRIGGIN heads!

@  Lazy Garou : (29 April 2017 - 04:32 PM)

the do this to sharks. Friggin' sharks!

@  Lazy Garou : (29 April 2017 - 04:31 PM)

they don't kill. they eat half of your face, and you're left with a hideous tumor where the barnacle is.

@  Locoman : (29 April 2017 - 03:49 PM)

Perhaps the barnacle, consumed with guilt at what he'd done, took his own life after killing everyone

@  Lazy Garou : (29 April 2017 - 02:28 PM)

parasitic barnacles are the stuff of nightmares

@  MEDdMI : (29 April 2017 - 01:39 PM)

But barnacles don't have- *checks* "The main sense of barnacles appears to be touch, with the hairs on the limbs being especially sensitive. The adult also has a single eye, although this is probably only capable of sensing the difference between light and dark.[4]This eye is derived from the primarynaupliar eye." Huh.

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 April 2017 - 01:29 PM)

He looked in a mirror

@  Evac : (29 April 2017 - 01:26 PM)

He was killed by his own ugliness. Kind of a "Hoist by His Own Petard" thing.

@  MEDdMI : (29 April 2017 - 01:12 PM)

How did the barnacle get killed if everyone died from his ugliness?

@  Whirl Maximus : (29 April 2017 - 11:09 AM)

I've been watching clips of the Japanese dub of the Sunbow movie. Comes with added SCREAMS!

Photo

Young Justice

1542 replies to this topic

#1 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8437 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:45 AM

News at Toonzone

I don't know anything about the comics, but I'm sure plenty of you all do. I am, however, happy to see another DC show on CN.

Edited by Mouse_Pad, 04 February 2013 - 01:25 PM.

Twitter:  @ToyBoxComix

http://ToyBoxComix.tumblr.com

#2 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9224 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

Excellent. I'm stoked to see Conner in a cartoon. icon-silverbolt.gif icon-silverbolt.gif

#3 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 3232 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

I'm glad that this is just called Young Justice, not Young Justice League like we first heard. The designs look nice, and since it includes Conner, and what are presumably Bart and Tim, there's no way I could not watch this.
Twitter       Tumblr
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7308-5185
Steam: Midboss
PSN: AWindfall

#4 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14177 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:53 AM

He's got the boots.
Yep.

#5 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini
  • Citizen
  • 13654 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:22 PM

Aqualad's black now?

#6 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 8312 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:48 PM

Who is this Artemis person?

lord-imperious-delirious.jpg

#7 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8437 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

Is this the Superboy that showed up after the death of Superman? Isn't he a clone of Kal-El?

Twitter:  @ToyBoxComix

http://ToyBoxComix.tumblr.com

#8 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 9824 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:01 PM

Looks like Artemis is an amalgam of Arrowette and Speedy, with possibly a little Wonder Girl in the mix ("Artemis" being Greek).

Aqualad is a surprise, but I guess they needed a token black kid since YJ is pretty whitebread (and they can't include Cyborg like the Teen Titans comics did, since he's not a teen when Connor exists).

And yay: Bart and M'gann in the same show! This promises to be hilarious.

#9 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 5905 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

New Aqualad icon-screamer.gif I would have preferred Lagoon Boy over this new character. Sigh. He better not be named Garth. Miss Martian could have filled his slot for proper representation, I think.

I hope this is Peter David's Young Justice 'fun' Kon-El instead of Geoff John's Teen Titans 'stern' Connor.

From the other shows, Firebreather? I collected the first mini. I can't believe he actually has a TV show.

#10 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9600 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

That's sweet, Tim was always my favorite Robin

#11 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle

Brick guy

• Citizen
  • 5724 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:46 PM

I'd bet Artemis is basically going to be Ravager in all but name.

Also, that people will be using "Blaqualad" all over the internet very soon. (I'm so sorry.)
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#12 ShadowSonic

ShadowSonic
  • Citizen
  • 1415 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

And Greg Weisman involved, marvelous.

#13 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Takao floats my boat.

• Citizen
  • 27394 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

Makes me miss Static Shock.
QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#14 (Deactivated) deathgojulas

(Deactivated) deathgojulas
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

any chance theshow might be done inthe same animation style of the dcau continuity?

don know about you guys but i will literally shot a brick and eat it if they somehow manage to build it into the dcau continuity

personally i could see it taking place somewhere between the end of justice league unlimited and before batman beyond

#15 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 32340 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(deathgojulas @ Apr 21 2010, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any chance theshow might be done inthe same animation style of the dcau continuity?

don know about you guys but i will literally shot a brick and eat it if they somehow manage to build it into the dcau continuity

personally i could see it taking place somewhere between the end of justice league unlimited and before batman beyond

I doubt it; but I kinda find it interesting that Tim Drake is wearing what looks like a modified version of his Gotham Knights outfit, lacking any green that Robin outfits usually have to some degree.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#16 Corgsopal

Corgsopal

Hanging 'round amorphous mounds

• Supporter
  • 5736 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:25 AM

Dagnabit. Why Kid Flash and not Impulse? He's better not start out as Ultra-Solemn-Teen-Titans Bart.
Reclaim the suffix.

#17 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 33138 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:25 AM

Look at his hair color. He's probably Wally.

"Disabled people dont have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnt a special need. Its a basic human right. Its a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#18 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 9824 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:29 AM

I think the "serious"vibe is just because they're all posed for the poster. M'gann is the only one who doesn't look pissed off. She's the Holger Fath of YJ. icon-fire.gif

QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ Apr 21 2010, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd bet Artemis is basically going to be Ravager in all but name.

What makes you say that? Her costume pretty clearly evokes Green Arrow (and thus Speedy [though a more traditional look than the Red and Yellow outfit she's been wearing in the comics), and her earlier working name was a YJ-era accurate Arrowette, both of whom are more appropriate characters for a kids' TV show than Ravager.

Arrowette was pushed into superheroics by her mom, and eventually learned to become her own person. The newest Speedy is a timid, self-conscious rookie who must gradually learn to assert herself. Ravager is a victim of parental abuse who seeks bloody vengeance, and must learn to follow the group's rules. Two of them are good template characters for a childrens' TV series. One of them isn't.

(Yes, I know BtAS/JLU could've gotten away with Ravager, but it was older-audience fare that aired [in some markets at least] as a prime-time series. A show with teenaged leads is going to be a family-friendly show. Expect this to air on Saturday mornings.)

Ravager may well show up later into the show, but they wouldn't put an anger-driven avenger as a lead in the pilot.

#19 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9224 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(Mouse_Pad @ Apr 21 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this the Superboy that showed up after the death of Superman? Isn't he a clone of Kal-El?

Correct. Kon-El/Conner Kent is clone of both Superman and Lex Luthor.

He's also awesome.

#20 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 17937 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

Man, I'm more interested in Generator Rex and Sym-Bionic Titan. (Giant robot show by Genndy? SIGN ME THE HUG UP!)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users