Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 06:31 PM)

I stopped reading it.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 July 2018 - 06:04 PM)

If talking about it here is all it takes to get you, why hasn't the oreo thread killed you yet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 04:51 PM)

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. Of your stomach.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 July 2018 - 04:09 PM)

Hey man, how you deal with yo problems is yo bidness.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 04:08 PM)

I did no such thing! I am innocent of the pop tart corruption!

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 02:57 PM)

You guys made me buy cinnamon roll Pop Tarts today.

@  Otaku : (16 July 2018 - 02:38 PM)

@D Immortalis Just fill the bag with air first and pop that? XP Oh, and you won't like that I grew up microwaving them more often than actually toasting. ;)

@  Otaku : (16 July 2018 - 02:37 PM)

@MEDdMI Yeah, the even more artificial flavors like S'more are the ones that usually taste good cold. There exceptions... I think it was Sugar Cookie that needed to be toasted...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 02:19 PM)

And.. Amazon is borked.

@  Donocropolis : (16 July 2018 - 05:55 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw - Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered him and P/CP

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 01:41 AM)

Repugnus up

@  Paladin : (15 July 2018 - 07:41 PM)

or add peanut butter.

@  MEDdMI : (15 July 2018 - 07:33 PM)

Nuke them enough in the microwave....?

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 06:43 PM)

if po tarts dont POP then they become a lie.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 July 2018 - 05:10 PM)

I typically just went for the traditional flavours... I think mostly Rasberry or Strawberry. I'll have to pick up a box next time I'm out

@  MEDdMI : (15 July 2018 - 04:09 PM)

@Otaku I've tried that too with a few of them. I liked the soda flavored ones they had. Too bad they were limited. :(

@  Otaku : (15 July 2018 - 03:48 PM)

@D Immortalis Most Pop-Tarts I like are better eaten frozen... and the only reason I started doing that is because Pop-Tarts commercials told me to try them that way. XD

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 03:03 PM)

woohoo, just got my tickets to see From Ashes To New and Hollywood Undead on the 26th!

@  unluckiness : (15 July 2018 - 10:07 AM)

oh wow Jazz has heel spurs.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 July 2018 - 06:32 AM)

That's basically what happened to me. I was on that aisle for completely other reasons, caught sight of them in my peripheral, and then... just couldn't stop thinking about them.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 July 2018 - 02:47 AM)

Hungry for pop tarts now - haven't had those in years

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 12:32 AM)

anyone that doesnt put theit pop tarts in a toaster is a heretic.

@  unluckiness : (15 July 2018 - 12:32 AM)

Do they still make the cinnamon-brown sugar ones?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 09:03 PM)

Yup. And?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 08:29 PM)

Aren't Pop Tarts like, totally junk for you by the definition of the word?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 08:27 PM)

Four IS standard... but it's been so long I had forgotten.

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 July 2018 - 07:29 PM)

Bah, wonko, I remember when 4 was STANDARD

@  Paladin : (14 July 2018 - 04:10 PM)

https://twitter.com/NickRoche/status/1018234094310879234 people suck...

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 01:10 PM)

Me: opening a box of pop tarts. "Oh my god! There's FOUR in here?!?! Score!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 10:22 AM)

Well, some people are into shopping, anyway.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 10:22 AM)

Taiwanese Costco also has lots of things that shoppers would want!

@  unluckiness : (14 July 2018 - 10:18 AM)

The Taiwan Costco I visited once was nice but I have to question why our guide thought it'd be a good place to bring tourists.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 09:40 AM)

Lower prices, lower taxes, bigger selection... yeah, I can see that happening.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 09:14 AM)

Didn't a Washington Costco make the news a couple years ago for being sheerly flooded with customers from British Columbia?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 July 2018 - 01:25 AM)

That's cool. There's a Sam's Club in Niagara Falls, where I tend to cross the border, but I've never been in. I'm a Costco member, but not Sam's Club; and unfortunately Costco makes sure there aren't any locations in the US too near the Canadian border

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 07:02 PM)

Nope, not the battle damaged version. He got it from his cousin, whose family has a camping ground in... I wanna say new york state, but I'm probably wrong. Just across the border anyway.

@  Nevermore : (13 July 2018 - 06:36 PM)

Sam's Club exclusive was the battle damaged version, right?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 July 2018 - 06:34 PM)

He's got friends on the other side.

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 July 2018 - 06:08 PM)

where'd your nephew get a US retailer exclusive

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 04:39 PM)

Alright, I managed to identify him. The 2007 voyager class that was apparently exclusive to sam's club.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 04:20 PM)

Well, that was a nice surprise. Me nephew (the 10 year old.) just gave me an optimus prime that's minorly older than he is.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 10:25 AM)

Nah, even better. He'll be a memory of the mission briefing. Just a voice over. Four different figures in the toyline, but not actually in the movie.

@  unluckiness : (13 July 2018 - 10:06 AM)

I am 110% sure that Optimus will show up, even as a transmission or something. At least maybe we can get a cybertronian form this time.

@  Pennpenn : (13 July 2018 - 09:55 AM)

At least one Optimus sodding Prime.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 06:57 AM)

Same way as always: completely unrelated figures and models that weren't even in the movie.

@  unluckiness : (12 July 2018 - 11:47 PM)

I think that's a given, though, given the small number of transformers in Bee Movie, I wonder how they'll fill the toyline

@  Steevy Maximus : (12 July 2018 - 02:07 PM)

Yeah. I'm hoping with the new film, we might get something closer to the deluxe range

@  NotVeryKnightly : (12 July 2018 - 01:20 PM)

Isn't the Masterpiece the only recent VW G1-looking Bee?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 July 2018 - 11:02 AM)

Especially when they are questioned directly and respond by dodging the question.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 July 2018 - 11:01 AM)

Watching hypocrites parade their high ground is equally amusing and cringeworthy.

Photo

Transformerscon Alvarez Panel Summary

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#1 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 40974 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:59 PM

Alvarez TransformersCon Panel Summary:

Landquake is currently shipping en masse from the factory overseas, and is likely sitting on the barge in the Pacific as you read this (maybe). Still unsure as to the turnaround on their arrival at FP headquarters, sorting and repackaging for shipping within the US, and arrival at our eager doorsteps. Landquake himself was onhand, residing in a very secure looking glass case beside Skyfall. The two look amazing together, though the hues on the red and blue are slightly different. Landquake has an amazing off-white pealesence paint color that looks incredible. Rik stressed that the final combiner will not be Alpha Trion, despite online rumors. Please remember, that any images you see of Landquake from the panel are of the prototype.

Rik confirmed that the Botcon exclusive this year will feature the Dawn of Future Past theme and include Optimus Primal, Rhinox, Rattrap, Cheetor, and Predacon Dinobot in their cybertronian forms. An additional free figure will be handed out at the door to those attending the con, of course. Rik said that the reduction of the set from seven to five figures came directly as a result of the fan surveys handed out at last year's Botcon. Expect other changes to improve the con from those surveys as well. Details of the exclusives that can be revealed are limited at this point, but Rik comfirmed that these will all be Cybertron molds and include Golden Disk cyber planet keys. The exact molds and retooling for the figures remains a closely guarded secret, but expect some mixing and matching of parts between molds to better pull off the Beast Wars likenesses. The figures will come from a variety of Cybertron size classes. Don't expect to see Wingsaber, as changing his molded Autobot symbol would have soaked up additional retooling funds better used elsewhere.

The story for this year's exclusives will be The Day Before Beast Wars, so expect to see the stealing of the Golden Disc and how the crews came together. The toys will feature their Beast Wars names, for the sake of recognition even if they don't necessarily make sense on cybertronian vehicles. The idea of renaming them to fit vehicle modes was discussed, with names like Tanktrap (Rattrap), Bulldozer (Rhinox), and Optimus Prime (Primal). Another suggestion was "Axalon Cheetor," etc. However, these seemed rather awkward or unclear as to character and were ultimately rejected. Expect the comic itself to deal with the name issue in an interesting way however. Rik was very excited about this story; sounds like you do not want to miss this comic!

Astrotrain will be coming this fall, pricepoint still unknown as that's not Rik's department. An informal poll of the room showed a strong preference for elaborate packaging. The second club store exclusive this year will be a different size-class than the Jetfire mold, who was an Ultra. As a point of interest, Rik was able to confirm that the original Jetfire head is not produced alongside the new head, as that section of the mold can be gated off. This is something long debated in certain circles, and I'm glad to have a final answer. The casting of unused heads that get tossed in the trash never made sense to me.

As far as future exclusives, Rik mentioned that they get thousands of suggestions online, and read and consider every single one of them. When asked about the possibility of Japanese exclusive molds, Rik said that many of these molds are unavailable. For example, the RiD Megatron mold was not the first choice for last year's convention set(Glad we wound up with it though, easily my favorite figure of the set). When asked about the possibility of the G1 Dinobots as an exclusive set, Rik said he loved the idea, especially in their unreleased G2 colors (mmm, lemony Grimlock). However, those molds use diecast, something that FP has to avoid because they can't produce the sets in the kind of numbers that justifies the purchase and use of the metal in industrial quantities by the factory. As a general rule, the older the mold the more likely it has been damaged, lost, or otherwise unavailable. Something to keep in mind when suggesting or hoping for certain molds: think post-'88 at best. Of course everyone asked for the unreleased Universe Seacons; Rik understood the demand and said that that is exactly the kind of exclusive the club wants to do. He did not confirm that the Seacons will be released via the club though.

Finally, as much as you do not want to miss this year's Beast Wars Prequel theme, you really don't want to miss Botcon '07. The buzz for Transformers will obviously be huge given the release of the movie that summer, and Hasbro is encouraging FP to rise to the occasion. Expect Botcon to be bigger and better than ever, with progress on the convetion exclusive set already underway. I can't make it to Botcon this year, but no way am I missing out next year with the level of excitement that Rik brought to the panel.

#2 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 40974 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:01 PM

Landquake testshot pics, final version subject to modification.

#3 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51165 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for the summery Nightviper, some very interesting stuff. icon-ironhide.gif

Landquake looks better in that shot then in the promos, but I still don't see how the final combiner is going to be anything but garish.

card-strongarm.jpg

#4 Walky

Walky

A bigger physique than a gorilla captain

• Citizen
  • 38508 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(NightViper @ May 1 2006, 08:59 PM)
The idea of renaming them to fit vehicle modes was discussed, with names like Tanktrap (Rattrap), Bulldozer (Rhinox), and Optimus Prime (Primal). Another suggestion was "Axalon Cheetor," etc.

Note to Pete or Alvarez when either reads this thread: Primal's name was always Optimus Primal. When Depth Charge shows up, he knows his name is Optimus Primal. I think the guy from Cybertron in "The Probe" also calls him Optimus Primal. I can't remember if the Tripredacus Council calls him that, too.

Edited by ItsWalky, 01 May 2006 - 09:41 PM.

#5 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9026 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(ItsWalky @ May 1 2006, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE(NightViper @ May 1 2006, 08:59 PM)
The idea of renaming them to fit vehicle modes was discussed, with names like Tanktrap (Rattrap), Bulldozer (Rhinox), and Optimus Prime (Primal). Another suggestion was "Axalon Cheetor," etc.

Note to Pete or Alvarez when either reads this thread: Primal's name was always Optimus Primal. When Depth Charge shows up, he knows his name is Optimus Primal. I think the guy from Cybertron in "The Probe" also calls him Optimus Primal. I can't remember if the Tripredacus Council calls him that, too.

The guy in "The Probe" does. The Tripreds don't mention him.

Edit: I must say that I find the idea that it could have possibly even been suggested that Optimus Primal be named "Optimus Prime" to be fairly mind-boggling.

Edited by Kil, 01 May 2006 - 09:52 PM.

#6 Walky

Walky

• Citizen
  • 38508 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(Kil @ May 1 2006, 09:47 PM)
Edit: I must say that I find the idea that it could have possibly even been suggested that Optimus Primal be named "Optimus Prime" to be fairly mind-boggling.

Yeah, it bothers me a bit. I hope they're doing their homework.

And, uh, Tanktrap, huh?

Attached Thumbnails

• ssrattrap.jpg

#7 shellspark

shellspark

Blasting photon bombs from the arm like Galvatron

• Citizen
  • 4223 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(ItsWalky @ May 1 2006, 09:53 PM)

And, uh, Tanktrap, huh?

Replace that flesh tone with red and you've got yourself a winner

KITTY WARS!

#8 Walky

Walky

• Citizen
  • 38508 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:15 PM

Voila!

Attached Thumbnails

• ssrattrap2.jpg

#9 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12158 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:27 PM

MUCH better.

M "The Fleshy Penile Pink Missiles Were Horrifying" Sipher
The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#10 Timelord Megs

Timelord Megs

Lost Time Lord

• Citizen
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:41 PM

Great News! I'm happy to see that they are all Cybertron molds. I think walky's right about which one they're going to use on Rattrap icon-hotrod.gif It's funny but, when Scattorshot first came out, I thought something about it reminded me of ol' Rattrap. It also looks like Rhinox will be Landmine's mold, if he was going to be named "Bulldozer".

Must resist urge to spend $300.....

I hope Optimus uses Jetfire's mold.

Edited by The DOCTOR Megs, 01 May 2006 - 11:44 PM.

Ah, Vehicons... EXTERMINATE!...yes.

#11 Walky

Walky

• Citizen
  • 38508 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE(M Sipher @ May 1 2006, 11:27 PM)
M "The Fleshy Penile Pink Missiles Were Horrifying" Sipher

Whatever. They made you hard. Admit it.

#12 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4643 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:40 AM

Okay, I'd like to change my offical perdictions then.

New!
Primal = Crumplezone with remolded head
Rhinox = Landmine with remolded head
Cheetor = Override
Rattrap =Scattorshot with remolded head (was Ransack)
Predacon Dinobot = Evac (minus the winch)
Exclusive exclusive figure = Tigertron = Cheetro repaint = Override

Also, wasn't in the BWII movie Optimus called "Primal Convoy" when he met Lio Convoy? Or am I just mistaken on that?

#13 Walky

Walky

• Citizen
  • 38508 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:58 AM

I think he was just called Convoy.

#14 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37383 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:04 AM

He's just Convoy in that one, I believe. I'm trying to figure out the "Axalon Cheetor" thing. Just a "Cheetor as he was on the Axalon", I'm guessing?

And for God's sake, I hope they ganked my Primal/Crumplezone head mold sketch... It only requires remolding half the head in the first place.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#15 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6196 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:13 AM

I must be the only one that hopes Primal Isn't the Crumplezone mold.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Crumplezone (Eagerly awaiting the Dark version) but I just don't think the mold suits Primal at all.

#16 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37383 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:18 AM

It's got the whole ape aesthetic going on, and the cockpit section could be made to reasonably resemble Primal's chest with some creative paint work. PLUS, you've got Crumplezone's big Cyber Key thruster/cannons that mirror Primal's almost exactly. PLUS, the three-wheeler racer mode is somewhat evocative of Optimal Optimus' odd-wheeled "vehicle" (yeah, whatever) mode.

Seriously, there is no better Cybertron mold for Primal, other than maybe the BWX one. I can't fathom what you think would work better, unless you want to stick him on Dirt Boss for some godforsaken reason.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#17 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

CHAOS! You got a one way ticket to CHAOS! CHAOS!

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE(ItsWalky @ May 1 2006, 10:53 PM)

And, uh, Tanktrap, huh?

they totally tipped thier hand on the molds when they mentioned those names. I guess they were allowed to? That's pretty hot that we're getting that concept though, that was developed here on the boards. DED SECKSEH! it's only too bad we don't get Predacons. It would take up a whole other year's worth of exclusives.

#18 Spectre

Spectre
  • Retired Staff
  • 10617 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:33 AM

Mixing and matching of parts between molds?

Like...Longrack with Hoist's head?

#19 Walky

Walky

• Citizen
  • 38508 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE(Spectre @ May 2 2006, 01:33 AM)

That's what I figger.

#20 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12158 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE(ItsWalky @ May 2 2006, 06:43 AM)
QUOTE(Spectre @ May 2 2006, 01:33 AM)

That's what I figger.

I cannot imagine what ELSE it would be.

M "TF Parts Aren't Really Mix-And-Matchable, For The Most Part" Sipher
The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert