Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 October 2018 - 03:24 PM)

You say, "Damn it, what do you think this is, a shotgun wedding?"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 October 2018 - 03:23 PM)

What do you do if someone wants to bring their concealed-carry to your American wedding?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 October 2018 - 01:58 PM)

Benbot, I was streaming the PS4 version of Starlink

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 October 2018 - 01:25 PM)

Ergo their reporting will have its own slant on the facts as they choose, not the most neutral way possible.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 October 2018 - 01:24 PM)

I find it sad to realize that the prestigious New York Times which I trusted a lot as a kid in fact has its own editorial agenda.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 01:20 PM)

The end result is NOT that stupid bullshit gets equal coverage as reasonable arguments. That would be problematic in itself (the "false balance" bias), but the provlem is that the controversial stupid bullshit gets MORE coverage than the reasonable arguments.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 01:17 PM)

The media doesn't want to miss the opportunity to report on a controversy, and as a consequence makes sure that the controversial statements reach an audience.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 01:17 PM)

Because they realized that saying controversial shit is guaranteed to get coverage.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 01:16 PM)

It's the same here in Germany. Our right-wing moron party is still a political minority, yet they succeed in driving the topics the media keeps reporting.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 01:15 PM)

The main problem was that Trump was banking on controversy, and the media was reporting controversy because it gave them ratings.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 01:15 PM)

"Fairness" was not the media's main problem.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 October 2018 - 11:40 AM)

Holy fish! Second life is still a thing?!?!

@  Benbot : (20 October 2018 - 08:32 AM)

What were you streaming, Silverclaw?

@  Shrug : (20 October 2018 - 05:28 AM)

Russian interference should have been fighting an uphill battle, but as far as I'm concerned we gave them a head start.

@  Shrug : (20 October 2018 - 05:23 AM)

I disagree with Hillary being a good choice to run against Trump. Plenty of mixed feelings about her long before 2016 within our own party. When the DNC has to rig it's own primaries to get their chosen candidate running, maybe you shouldn't expect an easy landslide at the actual election.

@  Pennpenn : (20 October 2018 - 05:20 AM)

It would have also helped if the US was also an actualy democracy where the candidate who gets the most votes wins, but hey.

@  Rycochet : (20 October 2018 - 04:42 AM)

You helped destroy western democracy, but hey, at least no-one can accuse you of bias... Oh wait, they did, still do, and are going to keep doing so as long as you report facts.

@  Rycochet : (20 October 2018 - 04:39 AM)

Hillary was a good choice to run against Trump, the big problem was the media crawling all over themselves to try and push the idea of fairness, and threw her under the bus to do so. Any hint of impropriety was treated as being exactly the same as actual proven criminal acts by Trump in order to avoid being seen as biased... and at the end of it all, he turned around and bit them for doing so because that's who he is.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:37 AM)

Many right-wingers are using its name as part of our version of the term "libtards": "Left-green filthy".

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:35 AM)

It's the only of the "established" parties (it's almost 40 years old at this point) that has remained true to its principles.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:34 AM)

Meanwhile, some uplifting news from Germany: While our big parties are rapidly losing voters, and our new "we're not really extreme" right-wing party is gaining voters, there is one other party that is scoring massive points, both in polls and the recent Bavarian state election: The Green Party.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:33 AM)

I still think having Hillary run against Drumpf was a bad choice.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 October 2018 - 03:32 AM)

Well on the bright side, we know more people voted for HIllary than the cheeto.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:31 AM)

I guess many a prepper might have also voted for the person most likely to bring about the end of society they are waiting for.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:28 AM)

Now let that sink in, and then think about how many people voted for Agent Orange.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:27 AM)

Elected officials often represent how the voters either view themselves, or how they would like to be.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 October 2018 - 12:21 AM)

Well I had 8 people watching my stream at one time tonight.. I call that a success...

@  Telly : (19 October 2018 - 11:08 PM)

@  MEDdMI : (19 October 2018 - 10:02 PM)

Unless it's the main cast of Persona 5.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 October 2018 - 10:02 PM)

I realize there is a certain irony in my vocabulary selection there.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 October 2018 - 10:01 PM)

People who admire public thieves and tricksters are.....sad.

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2018 - 07:04 PM)

Ah damn it, need to go get some new headphones.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2018 - 06:21 PM)

Power was out for most of the day, and now a boil water advisory. Been a great day so far...

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:31 PM)

Bottom line, he reminds them alternatively of all the con men they grew up with watching on television (i.e. televangelists) or their favorite character from the Bible (i.e. Old Testament God).

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:30 PM)

Bill Maher gave an excellent explanation for why the Religious Right loves Trump so much.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2018 - 05:02 PM)

"NOOOO said the man in washington! It's belongs to the poor!"... oh boy was he wrong.

@  Paladin : (19 October 2018 - 04:34 PM)

see also Andrew Ryan

@  RichardT1977 : (19 October 2018 - 03:18 PM)

Also, "Big Father" has almost all the benefits of "Big Brother", but with none of the drawbacks.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2018 - 02:22 PM)

I'd go with "moron", personally.

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2018 - 10:02 AM)

Why not both?

@  Benbot : (19 October 2018 - 09:56 AM)

I think she was a psychopath.

@  Echowarrior : (19 October 2018 - 09:50 AM)

Ayn Rand was a pretentious bitch.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 October 2018 - 09:31 AM)

But Sven makes way more sense now

@  Noideaforaname : (19 October 2018 - 09:30 AM)

Man, watching the original Voltron cartoon for the first time is so weird after having only seen the Netflix reboot.

@  D.M : (19 October 2018 - 09:09 AM)

+They don't really give a crap about God. All their religious talk is just part of the mask. They wanna look like the ideal citizen (what they consider that to be) - the most Christian of all Christians, the most patriotic of all patriots, etc.

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2018 - 08:13 AM)

That's because she was also greedy, heartless, and despised the poor, which is something the right often loves more than God.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 October 2018 - 07:55 AM)

I find it rather amusing that the party of the Religious Right sees wisdom in a woman who hated the notion of God almost as much as she hated and feared the idea of being part of a family.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:39 AM)

However, another big issue is cultural differences. We do have a sense of humor, it's just different than in other cultures because it is a product of a different culture. Simply put, what you might find incredibly funny is considered unfunny by Germans... and vice versa.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:38 AM)

It's actually a multi-faceted issue. Yes, some Germans are incredibly devoid of humor, although those people exist in other countries too. I have no ideas regarding statistics, but these people exist.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:37 AM)

So, about this long-standing stereotype that "Germans have no sense of humor"...

Photo

Engledogg

21 replies to this topic

#1 Engledogg

Engledogg
  • Citizen
  • 2236 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:45 PM

Here's the link to my old feedback from the Allspark Archives:
My Pre-Upgrade Feedback

UPDATE: Since the Allspark Archives have been scrapped as they are a security threat to the new board, the above link no longer works. Below are some comments I've received from various users on the Allspark:

Rabbit Jan 9 2003, 05:03 PM :
Just finished a trade with Engledogg and recieved a MOSC BM Strika fig.

Mike was courteous, prompt, friendly, answered every PM and my item arrived exactly as promised. It was carefully packaged and in pristine condition. My new fave fig.

I've been looking for Strika for ages and this guy delivered.

I highly recommend dealing with Engledogg and
I'll give my rating a Canadian spin. Engledogg deserves a big-

Eh plus. icon-hotrod.gif

Rabbit Feb 27 2003, 11:28 AM
Another great trade. I've just got Blast Punch Primal from Mike..carefully packaged, friendly correspondance...a pleasure once again. He's still waiting for what I've sent...bloody quick this was. icon-hotrod.gif

Thanks Mike!

AireCoos Aug 2 2003, 04:30 PM
Just sold a set of Tiny Tin Spychangers to Mike, and let me just say that his payment is lightning quick! I would not hesitate to do business with him again.

Thanks again,

Jeff

AireCoos Aug 18 2003, 08:52 PM
Once again, Mike comes through as a super buyer! Thanks a ton Mike! Enjoy the Tiny Transformers icon-hotrod.gif

ikado Nov 12 2003, 05:24 PM
This guy was great, fast, and honest. He managed to get me the ONE part that I tried and tried to get.

Thanks, man!

Junior Feb 10 2004, 09:38 PM
I just finished selling an Ultra magnus to Mike and I have to say that he was a wonderful person to deal with. He responds very quickly to e-mail and sent his payment immediately after we worked out the deal. What more can you ask for in a buyer if you are trying sell your item?

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Mike as a person that you will enjoy dealing with in any transaction.

Thanks,

Junior icon-hotrod.gif

PapaPrime Feb 22 2004, 01:12 AM
???

I could have swore I posted in here before but now it's gone! icon-wildride.gif

Picked up SAJ and Mol from him.

I messed up a money order and he was very patient waiting for the cash.

A banana peel pratfall on my part.

Despite this all, he got me the figs in tip top condition as soon as my personal tomfoolery would allow. icon-ironhide.gif

AireCoos Apr 30 2004, 12:06 PM
Mike is one of the best buyers to deal with. Thanks once again and enjoy the WST figures!

darkstream Aug 4 2004, 04:35 PM
great person to sell to. Got money when he said he would send it. enjoyed getting rid of boxes as well icon-hotrod.gif

Quantumhawk Aug 18 2004, 05:40 PM
Posted by The Great One on Feb 19, 2004 at 08:44am:

Hi there:

I would like for the Allspark family to know that Optimus Primus,Engledogg,& Domercon are good honest buyers and are all trustworthy. Thank you for purchasing the items I had to offer!!!!

trypticon Sep 10 2004, 09:39 PM
Engledogg rocks, good buyer A++ in my book icon-fire.gif

Rabbit Nov 17 2004, 06:45 PM
You won't go wrong with Engledogg!

He sent me a brand new Alt Meister in exchange for a OTFCC exclusive set. He shipped it on time, carefully packaged and his communication is, as always, excellent.

I am a little embarassed that the items I sent him MIB came loose and were bounced around despite my best efforts to package them properly. There was no damage but I would have preferred not to have that happen.

He was a great sport about it and I'm grateful for that.

This guy is great to deal with.

Thanks!

Autobot Method May 23 2005, 11:51 PM
// Purchased BW Neo X-7 Elfaorpha

Excellent seller. Friendly and fast PMs. Super fast shipping. Highly Recommended. Overall a pleasure to deal with. I hope to do business with you again sometime.

Thanks,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Autobot

tafmoney Jun 11 2005, 01:19 PM
Can't for more from a buyer...quick, friendly...al around excellent transaction. Hope your happy with your purchase!

thanks,

Brian

tyson Jun 27 2005, 09:26 PM
Just got my packege and gave me a good deal. Would do it again.

Asquian Aug 5 2005, 01:48 PM
a great buyer, happy to deal w/.

Asquian Aug 18 2005, 02:38 PM
just sold em my Skyfire. very quick to pay!.

Iownafortmaxhaha Aug 19 2005, 11:32 AM
Very Fast Payment and good Communication.

Jake Aug 28 2005, 12:10 PM
Very good communication and quick payment A+++

That was all I was able to retrieve from Google's cache of the old forums. There are more comments, but I wasn't able to obtain them.

MIKE
engledogg

Edited by Engledogg, 14 July 2006 - 03:14 PM.

#2 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20494 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:17 PM

Did a deal with him. Payment sent as we talked. Good guy.

#3 skyfire1002

skyfire1002
  • Citizen
  • 163 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:22 AM

Engledogg hooked me up with a ML Havok, very easy and friendly to deal with.

Thanks again!

Brian

#4 (Deactivated) Predacus Prime

(Deactivated) Predacus Prime
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:46 PM

Sold him an Attacktix Megatron. Quick payment and a good buyer.

#5 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15424 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:26 AM

Great transaction and quick payment, thanks a lot bud! icon-ironhide.gif

#6 Jake

Jake
  • Citizen
  • 2552 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:36 PM

MIke is an A+++ guy. Prompt payment and very polite. Awesome experience both times icon-hotrod.gif

#7 Jazz921

Jazz921

Bots, bots and more bots!

• Citizen
  • 3467 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:49 AM

sold him a Takara black Bumblebee keychain and he paid very fast with PayPal. Great communication! Cant go wrong selling to this guy!!

#8 DarkPrime

DarkPrime

DarkPrime

• Citizen
  • 1245 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:40 PM

Sold him a couple Robot Figures and had a terrific trading experience with him.

#9 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 22810 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:36 AM

Awesome buyer. Great communication and fast payment. Even helped me figure out some PayPal issues. icon-hotrod.gif

#10 Boo

Boo

Ow! My back! MY BACK!!

• Citizen
  • 3622 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:37 PM

Just made a great deal with him over the weekend. Traded him a MIB Grey Convoy for a MISB Target Excl. Magmatron. Great guy to deal with, easy to talk to, everything went very smoothly. icon-ironhide.gif

Too bad he's a Steelers fan. icon-waspy.gif

#11 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 13693 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:46 AM

fast with the payment, very patient. thanks man! enjoy the Jollibee TFs!

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#12 Bainreese

Bainreese
  • Retired Staff
  • 15713 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:26 PM

Very communicative and prompt. Got my item in a couple days and was very pleased. A professional guy all the way around.

Thanks Dude!

·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>
·´¯`·.. ><((((º> ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

#13 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Supporter
  • 4745 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

Very fast payment via Paypal, great communication!

Thanks!

#14 (Deactivated) Scottimus

(Deactivated) Scottimus
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:28 AM

Sold Engledogg 6 G1 decoys.... he paid immediately! This guys a class act! Thanks man!!!!!!

#15 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 9861 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:14 AM

Just completed the sale of a White Destruction Team - payment was swift. Thanks!

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#16 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5023 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:39 PM

Dude, I can't believe I haven't left you any feedback after all these years of numerous transactions we've had.

What can I say, if it weren't for Mike I wouldn't have half the figures I now own. Mike is a great guy to do business and chat with. He's also someone I call a friend.

- SoS

HHSE-badge-sig2.jpg?ssl=1

Spoiler

#17 Draange

Draange

You cannot resist the cuteness

• Citizen
  • 1658 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:31 AM

Sold him two convention minicons and he paid immediately, shipping and all.

#18 Liokaiser29

Liokaiser29
  • Validating
  • 89 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

Great communication. Fast payment. Nuff said.

#19 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7616 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

Quick to pay and respond to messages. No hassles, excuses, b.s., or anything that would otherwise make this an excellent transaction. Thanks!

#20 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 12273 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Bought ROTF FAB Spark Blast Jolt from me, quick payment and good communication. Good buyer, recommended.
"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users