Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 June 2021 - 02:04 PM)

Fedex sucks

@  tigerhawk : (23 June 2021 - 10:09 AM)

"This never happened to the other fellow." -  One of my fave meta jokes in movies from 007: On her Majesty's Secret Service.

@  Sabrblade : (21 June 2021 - 08:58 PM)

Daddy!

@  Kalidor : (21 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Not just any girl - your mom!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2021 - 08:19 AM)

Happy Knocked-Up-A-Girl Day!

@  Bass X0 : (20 June 2021 - 02:13 AM)

Happy father's day!

@  Hot Rod Mustang : (19 June 2021 - 07:45 PM)

what up sluts?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2021 - 07:20 PM)

Only 6? Filthy casual.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2021 - 04:26 PM)

Multiplaying as in "playing with other people" or multiplaying as in "6 WoW accounts running at the same time"?

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 June 2021 - 01:45 PM)

Oh no! Darkeklaw is multiplaying! (See birthday box)

@  tigerhawk : (19 June 2021 - 11:54 AM)

In my Marvel comic canon the second wave of special teams were handpicked active robots whose experience would theoretically make more stable combiners, the Combaticons came from Cybertron, the Protectobots were imprinted from crystals explaining both Onslauhghts ancestry and First Aid's experience.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

Photo

Star Wars: Clone Wars Season 4 Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
717 replies to this topic

#1 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 21619 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

So, this started yesterday...

And a good start it was!

While Season 1 had an equal number of hits and misses, I found that most commonly the misses were associated with the Anakin/Ashoka dynamic, and how neither of them played well off each other. We're only two episodes into the season, and that seems to be much better. The animation has improved this time around as well, and Cad Bane is making a great villian (who they can do more with than Grevious or Dooku, since we know what happens to them). Pretty intense this time around, and the pacing has improved somewhat as well - though the show still suffers from 'By the way, the episode just ended' syndrome of the first season.

But I'm looking forward to this season. I'm excited about Star Wars again! Hooray and happiness!

ty3jHaa.jpg

#2 The Jawa

The Jawa

Utinni!

• Citizen
  • 4188 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

Cad is icon-silverbolt.gif

But there are a few issues with his voice. He's at times hard to understand. He lacks the clarity of Grievous. Though I will say I LOVE Cad's unfortunate little "Butler" droid.
-~- The Jawa -~-

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies..."

#3 AnkhChalice

AnkhChalice
  • Citizen
  • 1565 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:30 PM

Cad Bane is one of the best villains from Star Wars ever. I think he should get majors props for actually stealing a Jedi Holocron.

#4 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29938 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:28 PM

Everyone did catch the fact that they tortured a Jedi to death right?

Ironbite-right?

xC9l3eY.gif

#5 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

Oh, it started?

What was the episode called? this is the only Star Wars fiction I still follow =P

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#6 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:48 PM

Cad Bane is like Boba Fett, only entertaining on-screen.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#7 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11989 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

Cad Bane is awesome. He's an awesome Star Wars badguy. This only means one thing. He's going to die a very un-awesome death.
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#8 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9685 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:50 PM

The audio mix on CN HD was terrible. I could barely hear the dialog over the sound effects and music coming from the back speakers.

#9 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

Oh, I am my daddy! Wait... what?

• Supporter
  • 4877 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(Ironbite @ Oct 3 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ironbite-right?

Right.

Anyone catch that the only one concerned in the room was the DROID?

WHAT AM I REACTING TO AND IS ANGER APPROPRIATE?!

Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-0862-6998-0098

Nintendo 3DS friend code: 5155-3611-9787

Pokémon Go friend code: 2931-9170-4345

Actual friends: um....

#10 Blindmouse

Blindmouse

Ya need a cookie?

• Supporter
  • 6722 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:54 AM

Yeah I thought that was odd.

I don't understand why Anakin unlocked the Holocron if he was just going to try to fight Bane moments after?

He should have just kept the thing locked.

#11 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:00 AM

Okay, watched it. Very nice, but:

HIGHLIGHT to view:
So Cad took the Trooper's armour, dressed up the trooper like himself, then killed him then climbed onboard the ship to escape? A bit convoluted.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#12 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 6050 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:26 AM

The thing I don't understand is why Bane had to have a Jedi open the Holocron? I mean, it looked like the sort of thing a Sith could have accomplished just as well. Besides, Dooku was a former Jedi, even if Sideous could not accomplish the task himself, I'd have thought Dooku could do it.

Well maybe the next part will explain things better. Shame they couldn't play all 3 part of the season opening, instead of just doing 2 out of the 3.

Kevin
My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#13 HeyMickey

HeyMickey
  • Supporter
  • 5466 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:37 AM

Bane is cool, but his character design reminds me a lot of the Smuggler in Ratchet in Clank: Tools of Destruction. I LOVE his butler droid and was saddened when he went away. icon-screamer.gif

I also loved Anakin dropping AT-TE's on the Separatist ship. icon-fire.gif

Did anyone else feel like they skipped an episode in between the Holocron Heist and Cargo of Doom? We go from Bane leaving to go capture the Rodian Jedi to him already having captured him.

#14 Mark Montag

Mark Montag

Mirrors are more fun than television.

• Supporter
  • 1633 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

I think Cad deserves an award for surviving more than a couple of hours on screen. Unlike, say, the majority of all hyped up Star Wars villains. He's made it so long without losing a hand, being decapitated, being cut in half or being blindly launched into a sand monster's stomach.

#15 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 69055 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:15 PM

Yeah I liked it a lot and it was good. I really liked most of the first season too (with exceptions here and there - like Dooku, Obi-Wan, and Anakin all being prisoners together for example). Cad is cool. The opening scene was very neat too. I'm glad that Jocast Nu (sp?) can obviously fight well like any other older Jedi (to the point where the changling was said not to be as good despite fairing her own against Ahsoka).

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#16 The Jawa

The Jawa

Utinni!

• Citizen
  • 4188 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:06 PM

It's Jocasta Nu. She's a librarian. Much like Tionne, not all jedi are fighters. Some are jedi-nerds. They just have some ability to defend themselves.
-~- The Jawa -~-

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies..."

#17 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 69055 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

I know, it's just the RotS video game made her appear to be completely powerless (in regards to a lightsaber) so I'm glad she can still fight.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#18 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20407 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:15 AM

Ah Seth Green, you've finally reached the pinnacle of nerd-vana as a canonical part of the Star Wars universe!

Yeah, great episode, and I continue to be amazed at some of the off-handed violence. The torture-death of the Jedi and of course Clones continue to get wasted at an impressive rate.

I did seem odd when we jumped from the first part to the second, but the cartoon did that sometimes last season too. One ep would end with, "Hurry, we've got to prevent this from happening!" and the next started with the newsreel announcer "That thing happened."

As for why a Jedi had to open the holocron, outside of the obvious plot-point, one might guess that the midichlorians know who is making use of their powers and while the Force can be used in general by good or evil, maybe the holocron can be keyed to the light-side only?

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#19 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6394 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

It may be as simple as Dooku being busy doing other stuff, while there's a whole galaxy full of Jedi. And it's not like Sidious was going to be willing to meet with Bane in person.

Plus, whatsisname had the crystal, so it was a two-for-one if Bane could get him to do it. Saves time and fuel!
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#20 MintBerryCrunch

MintBerryCrunch

Handling lasers by hand

• Citizen
  • 11078 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(Ironbite @ Oct 3 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ironbite-right?

Yeah, I noticed that. I've had a theory that they made the cannon fodder bad guys droids in the movies so the Jedi could kill them mercilessly without appearing as killers and upsetting parents. But then they torture a guy to death, not to mention the various examples of dismemberment. But I still stand by my theory of why they use battle *droids* instead of something else.

I am continually annoyed by how un-battle like the so-called battle droids behave. Who programmed and designed these worthless pieces of junk?
It's time to bring the crunch!