Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 03:38 AM)

I haven't gone 4K yet, I'm a rebel.

@  Ashley : (07 January 2020 - 11:50 PM)

the comic theme is amazing

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Sounds like Victor Caroli but I’m not sure.

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 02:35 PM)

Should I recognise the narrator of the Mutant Hunt trailer?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 January 2020 - 04:30 AM)

I got me Titans Return Blaster, now watch them unveil Earthrise Blaster and Generations Perceptor, a retool of Titans Blaster.

@  ThunderWear : (06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM)

I recently switched to to the comic theme here at the Allspark and I'm so happy I just want to look at it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (06 January 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Can you not take so many lines to say anything?

@  fourteenwings : (06 January 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Iunno, maybe people having unique pronunciations of things re:how they understand language makes the world a more colourful place, rather than one where we correct every seemingly grievous error?

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:12 AM)

Others insist on "Michael Yackson".

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:01 AM)

Because the very combination of those sounds is unknown to them, and thus they avoid it as if it were contagious.

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:00 AM)

For example, the English "J" sound consists of sounds that exist in German: Basically, it's just a "d" sound followed by a very soft "sh". Yet there are many Germans who insist on calling the late King of Pop "Michael Checkson".

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:58 AM)

I'm talking about names that should pe easily pronouncable if you just bothered to pay attention to how it's done correctly instead of insisting on "I speak X language and this is how I prounounce it!"

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:57 AM)

I'm not even talking about foreign names that have sounds that don't exist in the speaker's language.

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:56 AM)

Something that really irks me is when people are persistently ignorant about the correct pronunciation of foreign names, especially when it's people they either admire or frequently interact with on a daily basis.

@  Agamus : (05 January 2020 - 09:22 PM)

wait this isn't the search bar

@  Agamus : (05 January 2020 - 09:22 PM)

hard-to-find-media

@  Chromedome113 : (05 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

I watched it on blu ray the other day, I noticed that too, but I just rememberd it being Bi ote in the trailer

Photo

Brightest Day Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
497 replies to this topic

#61 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10569 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(combiner1 @ Aug 13 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone noticed that Black Hand is only targeting Earth's dead population??? why doesn't he go to OA and take charge of the dead GL??? or beter yet, why not go to the Black battery, sit on a throne or something and take charge of all of the black lanterns???? I do hope they explain why Black Hand is only tageting Earth.......

If you read either BN 1 or the newest GLC (the one from yesterday), you'd see the dead GLC members (ALL of them!) getting black rings.

As far as the new GLC issue goes, I think the most interesting part is that Kyle and Sornaik's nascent relationship s now revealed to be partially based on a lie from Kyle....

It was also cool to see the BLs use their emotion-vision on Kilowog and Gardner, with Kilowog exuding will and Guy glowing red with rage.

And, you know, BL Jade. Very creepy.

BN: Batman #1: I wasn't going to originally buy this, but I've been curious about the Grayson Batman and Damien Robin, so I picked it up. It's pretty good, largely because of the focus on Deadman. His role suggests that the BLs aren't really the people they once were, as there's a BL version of him running around even as he still exists (as a ghost, granted). But this means that the real Elongated Man might show up, too.

BN 2: Pretty awesome. Large focus on Aquaman, who I usually don't care much about, but his scenes were great. I'll admit that it was good to see Tempest die, as I've never really seen anything redeeming about the character. Didn't know who Tula was or much about Dolphin, but they were very creepy, especially with the vaguely sexual angle. I guess the Atom might be a BL soon. I do wish that Hal did more that ineffectually throw a car on the ground.

#62 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9167 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

Big bad's revealed.

#63 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52124 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:49 AM

I wish they'd just come out and say the Spectre is 1/52th as powerful now that the multiverse is back because I'm really sick of him being a notch on the "OMG BAD GUY AWESOME" belt.

I hated it in Rebirth.

I hated it in Final Crisis.

I hate it here.

card-strongarm.jpg

#64 Reload

Reload

WWWYKI

• Citizen
  • 2338 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:49 AM

I'm really enjoying Blackest Night so far, then again I love all things Green Lantern.

After the jive-storm that was Final Crisis this is a nice breath of fresh air.

#65 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9245 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(Hallucination @ Aug 14 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny part it seems the Big bad tried something similar to this some years back in an annual during Kyles run as the main character. It was restricted to the dead Corps members but they had death powered rings as well.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#66 toymaker

toymaker

Destiny Awaits

• Citizen
  • 3860 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

CALLED IT!

#67 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(Daith @ Aug 14 2009, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny part it seems the Big bad tried something similar to this some years back in an annual during Kyles run as the main character. It was restricted to the dead Corps members but they had death powered rings as well.

But this time, he's got Anti-Monitor and Black Hand.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#68 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

Oh jive, robot zombie!

#69 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:20 AM

So Nekron is who they're raising. This is going to be Nekron against all the different corps, similar to Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I still don't think he's the Black Lantern's entity simply because he has a power battery. The entities don't have power batteries. They are what fuels the batteries themselves.
-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#70 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9167 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:22 AM

The entity is Black Hand. The comic calls him "the embodiment of [the Black Lantern Corps]" and "the Black incarnate", and very specifically compares him to Ion, Parallax, and the Predator.

And the entities do not fuel the power batteries. That's what the emotions themselves (or the Anti-Monitor, in the case of the Black Lantern Corps) do. The entities are simply the manifestation of those emotions.

Edited by Hallucination, 16 August 2009 - 03:25 AM.

#71 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(Hallucination @ Aug 16 2009, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The entity is Black Hand. The comic calls him "the embodiment of [the Black Lantern Corps]" and "the Black incarnate", and very specifically compares him to Ion, Parallax, and the Predator.

All three of those names also refer to the possessed form.

Ion = Kyle / Sodam Yat
Parallax = Hal / Kyle
Predator = Carol Ferris

That's how I took that comparison.

Besides, why would he need to wear an actual ring if he was the actual embodiment of the black lantern corp?
-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games

#72 Stilton Disco

Stilton Disco
  • Citizen
  • 3714 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE(skankerzero @ Aug 16 2009, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ion = Kyle / Sodam Yat
Parallax = Hal / Kyle
Predator = Carol Ferris

Besides, why would he need to wear an actual ring if he was the actual embodiment of the black lantern corp?

Except they don't say he's host to the entity, they specifically say he is the entity, and they show Paralax and Predator in their true forms, with no hosts in sight. Also as far as I'm aware this version of the Predator hasn't been linked to Carol Ferris at all yet, and may not have anything to do with her.
No, I'm not 'that' TotalBiscuit.

#73 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10569 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(Total Biscuit @ Aug 17 2009, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(skankerzero @ Aug 16 2009, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ion = Kyle / Sodam Yat
Parallax = Hal / Kyle
Predator = Carol Ferris

Except they don't say he's host to the entity, they specifically say he is the entity, and they show Parallax and Predator in their true forms, with no hosts in sight.

They show Parallax and Predator in their true forms because they, presumably, don't have hosts right now. I'm guessing that Ferris will be the host to Predator, based on Tales of the Corps #2. They do show Sodam instead of Ion in its whale-form. As stated above, I'm pretty sure that Black Hand is playing host. However, I thought that the master that he an Scar both talk to would be Death itself, which had possessed Black Hand. However, I guess that they were talking to Necron, whom I doubt is the death entity itself, but maybe he is. We'll see.

#74 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9167 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(skankerzero @ Aug 16 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because he's dead and needs the ring to animate himself? The series has specifically noted that Black Hand has had the black power since birth.

I'm guessing that Ferris will be the host to Predator, based on Tales of the Corps #2.

That's little creepy, considering the Predator is a masculine entity.

#75 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Hallucination @ Aug 17 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because he's dead and needs the ring to animate himself? The series has specifically noted that Black Hand has had the black power since birth.

I just feel that with all the effort into retconning and actually making uniform rules that they would go and make Black Hand the actual creature of death. The other 3 revealed so far have similar aesthetic properties. These are creatures that have existed since the beginning of time. All of them are ethereal, monstrous, and glow in their respective color.

Now it's possible that Black Hand has been possessed by the creature of death since his birth. That would make sense.

If they indeed make it to where the Black Hand is the actual creature of death, I hope they will at least explain it. A good explanation and I'll be fine with it.

Similar to the Star Sapphires. Their retconning made some sense, so I'm fine with it. Just wish they would redo the symbol as it stands out among the others.

-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games

#76 Stilton Disco

Stilton Disco
  • Citizen
  • 3714 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(skankerzero @ Aug 17 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just feel that with all the effort into retconning and actually making uniform rules that they would go and make Black Hand the actual creature of death. The other 3 revealed so far have similar aesthetic properties. These are creatures that have existed since the beginning of time. All of them are ethereal, monstrous, and glow in their respective color.

Now it's possible that Black Hand has been possessed by the creature of death since his birth. That would make sense.

If they indeed make it to where the Black Hand is the actual creature of death, I hope they will at least explain it. A good explanation and I'll be fine with it.

Similar to the Star Sapphires. Their retconning made some sense, so I'm fine with it. Just wish they would redo the symbol as it stands out among the others.

I thought Kyle basically created Ion when he absorbed the Starheart from Jade in Infinite Crisis? I know he was Ion before that too, but released the excess energy, but even then, I was under the impression it was Kyle just becoming a super Lantern that got retconned into being an entity recently, but still effectively meaning Ion itself is very young.

I also took the use of Sodam Yat merging with Daxams sun for Ion to be a 'you should be reading Green Lantern Corp too' thing myself.

Similarly, I thought Carol Ferris created the old Predator?

Either way, I never considered Black Hand to be being host to something else until I read this thread. There's nothing in the story to suggest that, or that it has to follow the same rules as for the avatars of living emotions.

Personally I prefer it that he's just an inhuman freak, a monster in human form that has been growing steadily more powerful since birth, can see emotions like the black lanterns, feels dead inside, and only truly become what he was always destined to be once he took his own life, and removed the life force that was preventing him from reaching his true form.

Frankly, I think having all his life draining abilities, affinity for and obsession with death all just being a by product of an alien shadow creature piggybacking on his soul all this time would be a real shame and add nothing to the story, while taking away a big chunk of what makes Black Hand a truly repugnant and disturbingly scary villain.

#77 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(Total Biscuit @ Aug 17 2009, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(skankerzero @ Aug 17 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought Kyle basically created Ion when he absorbed the Starheart from Jade in Infinite Crisis? I know he was Ion before that too, but released the excess energy, but even then, I was under the impression it was Kyle just becoming a super Lantern that got retconned into being an entity recently, but still effectively meaning Ion itself is very young.

I also took the use of Sodam Yat merging with Daxams sun for Ion to be a 'you should be reading Green Lantern Corp too' thing myself.

Similarly, I thought Carol Ferris created the old Predator?

Either way, I never considered Black Hand to be being host to something else until I read this thread. There's nothing in the story to suggest that, or that it has to follow the same rules as for the avatars of living emotions.

Personally I prefer it that he's just an inhuman freak, a monster in human form that has been growing steadily more powerful since birth, can see emotions like the black lanterns, feels dead inside, and only truly become what he was always destined to be once he took his own life, and removed the life force that was preventing him from reaching his true form.

Frankly, I think having all his life draining abilities, affinity for and obsession with death all just being a by product of an alien shadow creature piggybacking on his soul all this time would be a real shame and add nothing to the story, while taking away a big chunk of what makes Black Hand a truly repugnant and disturbingly scary villain.

In one of the recent black lantern books, maybe tales of #2, they talk about the origin of the symbols. In there they say that the symbols are very old, alluding to the creatures being ancient. The actual ideas of the creatures are new, but they're being retconned to have always been there.

In Rebirth, they do retcon Parallax and make him an ancient creature that the Guardians stopped a long long time ago.

Yeah, the Predator was created by Carol in the silver age or whatever, but I don't know what they're going to do with the retcon. I think they're going to say it was a possession like Parallax was with Hal or Ion with Kyle. Either way, they already showed Predator to be a similar monstrous creature to Ion and Parallax.

Now, one thing that can be cool is having the Death entity be 'born' out of Black Hand. That can work. I wouldn't have a problem with that. As you said, slowly becoming what he was destined to become. The thing for me is that for a pure aesthetic reason i wouldn't want him to remain a humanoid. The entity for death should be something that makes hearts stop across the universe. Unless they're going for the whole, humanoids bring death thing. That would be kinda lame, but I can handle that.
-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games

#78 Stilton Disco

Stilton Disco
  • Citizen
  • 3714 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

Now, one thing that can be cool is having the Death entity be 'born' out of Black Hand. That can work. I wouldn't have a problem with that. As you said, slowly becoming what he was destined to become. The thing for me is that for a pure aesthetic reason i wouldn't want him to remain a humanoid. The entity for death should be something that makes hearts stop across the universe. Unless they're going for the whole, humanoids bring death thing. That would be kinda lame, but I can handle that.

See I don't think he needs that. Whats the point in being a big scary monster, if all fear is to you is just one of the many emotional side effects of being alive, which you fully intend to rid the universe of.

Another way of looking at it, is that he's not a embodiement of a universe wide emotional force, he's the embodiement, the personification of, dying. The most commonly depicted image of that is the guy in my avatar. Ignore the kittens in this case.

He's like the Grim Reaper, but driven mad by being trapped in a living body, and being tormented by the reality of his existence within a living society clashing with his every natural instinct and tendency. In every real, tangible way, he's an inhuman monster, but it#s not out of malice, but because it's simply his nature to end up that way to any living being around him. He's always been literally dead inside, and it's shaped his entire life, and beyond.

That's why Atrocitus and the German Gremlin aliens couldn't find the black within him, because the black is him.

Hell, maybe this is how it is for all the Entities, maybe they start out as just one of a race of similar creatures, and are just a random outflow for the emotions in existence. They all had to come from somewhere origionally, afterall.

As for this:

In one of the recent black lantern books, maybe tales of #2, they talk about the origin of the symbols. In there they say that the symbols are very old, alluding to the creatures being ancient. The actual ideas of the creatures are new, but they're being retconned to have always been there.

I took that to mean the symbols are ancient, not the entities. That the coresponding energies and power batteries existed in ancient times, and are almost reasserting their identities, feeding the idea of the symbols back into the minds of those that are sensitive to their energies, in the same manour that it's all life in the universe feeding the powers in the first place.

The Orange Lanterns support that, given that the temple dedicated to the Orange light was already an ancient ruin when Lahfleeze found in billions of years ago, and Atrocitus gets the Red Lantern symbol via magical divinations.

#79 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(Total Biscuit @ Aug 17 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I took that to mean the symbols are ancient, not the entities. That the coresponding energies and power batteries existed in ancient times, and are almost reasserting their identities, feeding the idea of the symbols back into the minds of those that are sensitive to their energies, in the same manour that it's all life in the universe feeding the powers in the first place.

The Orange Lanterns support that, given that the temple dedicated to the Orange light was already an ancient ruin when Lahfleeze found in billions of years ago, and Atrocitus gets the Red Lantern symbol via magical divinations.

At the back of Blackest Night: Tales #2 it says:

The Symbols of the Spectrum are primitive and universally understood shapes that have existed since the beginning of consciousness. They represent the ambitions, motivations and emotions of everything that's ever lived. They are at once a written language widely used, then to disappear, only to be realized and rediscovered. Where did they come from? I can only imagine from the earliest encounters with the Entities themselves, creatures like the insect-like Parallax, or Ion, who resembles a large, primitive whale or fish. I was careful to design these entities around the Symbols that represent them, so that any poor creature staring into the mouth of fear might have told his tale by scratching that circle and a few crooked lines into rock. It is what he saw, and it is what he felt. And others saw and understood. And so it was and is.

This means the entities are as old, if not older than the symbols themselves.

The lanterns are not as old as the creatures since we all know that the Oaens built theirs and Atrocious gains his through a blood ritual.

These details are what make retconning such a tricky beast.

-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games

#80 PissOffLeftistTwats

PissOffLeftistTwats
  • Citizen
  • 13572 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Aug 14 2009, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish they'd just come out and say the Spectre is 1/52th as powerful now that the multiverse is back because I'm really sick of him being a notch on the "OMG BAD GUY AWESOME" belt.

I hated it in Rebirth.

I hated it in Final Crisis.

I hate it here.

Meh. Spectre could get beat down like the loudmouthed, pantsless assclown that he is in every major event from now until the end of time and it still wouldn't make up for how lame the end of Zero Hour was. Game over man! GAME OVER! *Spectre re-pops the Universe* Never mind! Hey, wasn't Hawkman a chick before?