Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 03:38 AM)

I haven't gone 4K yet, I'm a rebel.

@  Ashley : (07 January 2020 - 11:50 PM)

the comic theme is amazing

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Sounds like Victor Caroli but I’m not sure.

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 02:35 PM)

Should I recognise the narrator of the Mutant Hunt trailer?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 January 2020 - 04:30 AM)

I got me Titans Return Blaster, now watch them unveil Earthrise Blaster and Generations Perceptor, a retool of Titans Blaster.

@  ThunderWear : (06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM)

I recently switched to to the comic theme here at the Allspark and I'm so happy I just want to look at it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (06 January 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Can you not take so many lines to say anything?

Megaman Anyone?

1053 replies to this topic

#1021 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8817 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:47 PM

Oh, I didn't think Megaman 11 cuz the style looks different to me. The game I mean.

Megaman's been done a lot but the toy got Wily to look pretty good. If I see it around locally, I'd pick him and a blue bomber. Recolouring Megaman is just too easy.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1022 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2665 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:53 AM

Yeah, the different style could mean it isn't connected or it could just be a production thing, like having been in the pipeline long before Mega Man 11's look was finalized, someone wanting a more "classic" look at the company, etc.

Or it could be unrelated to Mega Man 11. ;)  I'm just speculating for the sake of discussion.

The Allspark, where most of my commenting "hang-ups" were born!

#1023 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18721 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:24 AM

It's unrelated to Mega Man 11. It's just Funko doing a handful of Mega Man action figures.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#1024 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8817 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:07 AM

Death Battle did a five way fight between Megaman folks. Don't know what they got wrong but there's info I didn't know.

I must have forgotten that they weren't HUMANs in Megaman Legends. They were carbons.

I had no idea StarForce Megaman was NOT Megaman Exe. I assumed it was just a new evolution of Exe.

What was that thing about X being able to counter other time stopping weapons? Did that happen in the game?

It was a great fight but there were parts I couldn't follow cuz of the pixel art.

And so much firepower was being thrown around, I couldn't identify the iconic weapons. I wanted more colorful changing as they switched from one weapon to another, hehe

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1025 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2665 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:03 AM

What was that thing about X being able to counter other time stopping weapons? Did that happen in the game?

I think that is from Mega Man X5, where you can face him as a boss (if playing as Zero). That or the manga. If it is legit.

And so much firepower was being thrown around, I couldn't identify the iconic weapons. I wanted more colorful changing as they switched from one weapon to another, hehe

Of course, what is "iconic" to one person may not be to another.  Super Smash Bros. has helped unify what we associate with Mega Man, but before that, it was usually weapons from the first game or three of the Classic series plus whatever was your personal first (few?) Mega Man games.  Plus, iconic may not = effective.

They actually commented on the lack of color-changing in one of those "Cast of Death Battle" videos.  Simply put, just having five combatants already pushed them to their limits.  Constantly having to shift the colors around, according to them, would not only be a pain for them to track on their end, but for the viewers watching the episode.  I can't say I disagree entirely; pretty sure that is why Smash Bros. doesn't have Mega Man swap colors with weapons.  The various Mega Man have some distinctive visual cues to help out but while the viewer is trying to keep five different characters straight in a battle royale, having them shifting colors and periodically appearing to "swap" color schemes is a bit much.

#1026 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8817 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:27 AM

Oh, I didn't watch the behind the scene videos, thanks.

What did you think of the fight? They had to split Exe and StarForce because they're the boys. Classic and X were the true bots targetting each other. Poor Volnut was just caught in the middle, haha

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#1027 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2665 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:07 AM

Um... Spoilers ahead for anyone who feels like watching the Mega Man Battle Royale Death Battle episode.  Do we have any special "Spoiler Tags" on this site?  Well, doing it the old-fashioned way in

Okay, so first things first; they discussed this Death Battle in an episode before it aired and after, in case you go to look stuff up. XD  I only watched parts of either, plus the actual Death Battle episode.  They also did their usual thing, previewing two combatants, looking at them in separate videos, one each once per week before the actual Death Battle.

They only did that with Rock and X, making me fear that Hub, Geo, and Volnutt (think I got their names right XD) were just padding.  Instead, it seemed like we had a really good episode all around.  It may seem petty but I did not want Rock or X to win; for some reason, that sounded "boring" in my mind. XD  They aren't my favorite series to play, but I really do like the Battle Network setting and games (at least the ones I've played in it).  Plus, based on Death Battle criteria, these two really did seem to be the strongest.  Well, them or Geo and... well... I never bothered with the Star Force games, even when I had a Nintendo DS.  The basic premise was just head scratching to me. ^^'

They wanted to keep things to the "Mega Men" from Mega Man's Final Smash from his Smash Bros. appearance, less Bass and Proto Man.  I agree it makes sense to skip those two, but the completionist in me really wishes they could have included all the cannon "Mega Mans" from their respective series... plus one more that would have been the intentional joke.

The missing ones only counting primary, playable characters are:

• Zero, from Mega Man Zero
  • Vent or Aile, from Mega Man ZX
  • Ashe or Grey, from Mega Man ZX Advent
  • OVER-1, from Rockman Xover
  • Bad Box Art Mega Man (U.S. Mega Man) from Street Fighter X Tekken

Yeah, starting to see why they skipped them all; things were complicated enough with just five.  With this list, we'd be at 10 or 12 if we included the dual Mega Men of each ZX game. It gets even more ridiculous when we start allowing non-primary characters.  I mean, I already fudged things for OVER-1 and BBAM, as the former is technically only a "Rockman" as his cell phone game never released over here due to fan backlash, while the latter was a Sony-exclusive "secret" (but playable) character for Street Fighter X Tekken.  If I loosen things up just a little... well... where do we draw the line?

Bass, Duo, and Proto Man have all had at least one game where they were playable, primary characters (though they all shared the role with at least one other).  I think Roll has only ever been an unlockable character, but she has been playable (though I think always as a "nerfed" retool of Mega Man).  Axl and Zero are regular, playable characters later in the X series, but the villainous Vile and three Operators (Aile, Layer, and Palette) were hidden, playable characters in Maverick Hunter X and Mega Man X8, respectively.  Vile is actually a fully realized, unique character but the Operators are either reskins or slightly tweaked versions of X, Zero, and Axl (haven't played the game, so I don't know for sure).  Zero (X Series) versus Zero (Zero series) becomes a question at this point; which do you use?

The Battle Network series also adds several options, thanks to Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge; technically, you could play as any NetNavi (Mega Man-like character) by overwriting your actual NetNavi temporarily with the Navi Chip of another.  Not counting that, you still could choose between Lan and Hub (Mega Man.EXE), Chaud and ProtoMan.EXE, Dex and GutsMan.EXE, Mayl and Roll.EXE, Kai and TurboMan.EXE, or Mary and Ring.  Given how Death Battle sometimes taps related media if it seems canon, there's even a chance that the Mega Man NT Warrior TCG released by Decipher would count.  Decks were actually built around a single Net Navi, so the only thing distinguishing say MegaMan.EXE from SnakeMan.EXE is that even with only three released sets, you had three versions of MegaMan.EXE from which to pick and only one of Bass.EXE, plus they released more support cards for MegaMan.EXE... but if you're including others, Bass.EXE is a fan favorite, possibly even more than regular Bass!

In ZX Advent, a series of bosses are apparently known as the Mega Men and *head asplodes*

Edited by Otaku, 01 March 2019 - 10:10 AM.

#1028 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8817 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:26 PM

As much as I would have loved having Bass and Protoman and Roll and Zero and Axl and Vile, I'd rather have it all just be Megamen.

What they did skip was the new cartoon Megaman, which I haven't watched yet, haha.

Oh, the clone Megaman (I called him Cloneman before) from Megaman 1 is a Megaman, hehe.

The Megaman vs Samus is STILL the best death battle related fight to me (showing of weapons). Then Will vs Eggman. Megaman vs Astroboy was slag.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#1029 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3627 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

Necrobumping because Capcom has just announced a new collection:  The Mega Man Zero/ZX Anniversary Collection.

This could be awesome.

#1030 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42597 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:09 PM

I do believe I would be purchasing that. I loved the Z and ZX games (and even went on to heavily use assets from them in my sprite comic.), and would thoroughly enjoy having them in one place.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#1031 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2665 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:27 PM

Necrobumping because Capcom has just announced a new collection:  The Mega Man Zero/ZX Anniversary Collection.

This could be awesome.

Fantastic!

Too bad my PC probably won't be able to handle it.  I mean, I get it; my computer is not built for gaming, but it floored me that I could get the Mega Man Legacy Collection but not MMLC2 or the X Collections. @[email protected] I mean, for certain games in some of the collections, sure...

#1032 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 3576 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:22 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=iOoqRD_m9TA

Good news indeed. We should be hearing an announcement within a few months or so.

#1033 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11099 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 05:23 PM

They need to do a Legends collection

#1034 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36541 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 05:45 PM

They need to do a Legends collection

I would be surprised if a collection for every Megaman series wasn't planned at this point. They say they don't want to deny any series a future, and I imagine the Legacy collections are good ways to see what series MIGHT have futures. Release one collection a year, see how popular it is, plan future sequels around the ones that do the best. I'm sure the new team DOES want to do sequels for any MM series, but they still need to get the funding and go ahead from their higher ups.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#1035 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8089 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:39 PM

Battle Network could go for a collection.

#1036 unluckiness

unluckiness

curry on rice

• Citizen
  • 19877 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:59 AM

I'd prefer a Legends remake tbh. The originals are just so damn clunky compared to any action game in the decades after their release

xOyvpt9.png

#1037 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11099 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:03 AM

Just give me true 3D analog and a Lock on... and I would be happy for legends.

#1038 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5331 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:41 PM

Only other collection I'd be into is a Legends one. Problem is that's barely three games if you include Misadventures of Tron Bonne. (which you should)

I do feel we'll get a Battle Network and also Star Force collections, but can't say I'd be too thrilled about them. They're okay RPGs from the two Battle Networks I played a bit of, but I never became a fan.

Though I do wonder if a Battle Network title would include Network Transmission?

Also wondering how they'll handle the 'extra bosses' in the first ZX game. I mean I guess they'd just be unlocked already? Not like I can plug the digital Zero 3 and 4 into it somehow.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#1039 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36541 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:06 AM

Have the collection detect if you got the Zero collection or something

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#1040 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1350 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:47 PM

The Z/X collection has both sets of games.  They're already plugged in, in other words.

Unfortunately, fools are often planproof.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users