Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sabrblade : (13 August 2020 - 10:31 PM)

Turns out the President set the whole thing up as a publicity stunt. Very rude.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 August 2020 - 08:11 PM)

The ninjas will go away, it will be fine.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 08:02 PM)

listen; i'm sure there were very fine ninjas on both sides.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 August 2020 - 07:50 PM)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the ninjas.

@  Cybersnark : (13 August 2020 - 06:36 PM)

Can we just let them have him?

@  Bass X0 : (13 August 2020 - 06:18 PM)

The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:08 PM)

At first, I obviously thought I was correct.  Then I thought perhaps the spelling had changed for some reason.  Copyright/trademark law is weird, ya know?  Now I just accept I goofed. XD

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:07 PM)

See, that one directly applies to me.  Apparently, I'd been misreading and mispronouncing it wrong for over 30 years... and I still slip and do it the wrong way much of the time.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

for the Internet age its the "Berenstain" Effect.

@  Bass X0 : (12 August 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Can you root for what The Rock is cooking!?

@  -LittleAutob... : (12 August 2020 - 10:35 AM)

sOmEoNe NoTiCeD-

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

I am the only one rooting for the rock these days?

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2020 - 12:37 AM)

Sour grapes for the next decade until Apophis hits.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:26 PM)

Thank yoo for vatching hydroolic pthress chan-nel.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:19 PM)

Hey, do you have any grapes?

@  Otaku : (11 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

I dunno... it sounds kind of quackers to me.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 August 2020 - 05:17 PM)

That would be nice....

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I wish I could just sit by a pond and watch ducks for a while.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2020 - 03:52 AM)

Others say Joe sat down at this pond next to these ducks but really there's just no place in this world for an old man and his ducks.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:48 PM)

Even worse when I can produce those verifiable facts at a later point, and then the other person simply claims the argument was the other way round (as in, I was actually arguing their position and vice versa).

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:47 PM)

I can argue with people about my versus their memory of events when verifiable facts are not readily available, though, and I get really annoyed when I'm capable of presenting a precise, step-by-step summary with multiple key points that can be used for future verification, and the other person just goes "nope, wrong" without going into detail.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:45 PM)

I forget things, and I misremember things. But when presented with verifiable facts, my reaction is more like "Huh, could have sworn it was like that", not "this reality is not my own".

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:43 PM)

I have an extremely good memory (which I have proven time and again), and even I can be mistaken.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2020 - 06:40 PM)

Might be worth pointing out that it only became "Mandela Effect" and not just "I remembered this wrong" when a conspiracy theorist insisted it was proof of alternate timelines.

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Incorrectly remembering Nelson Mandela's fate may be uniquely American... but is it really that strange to get South African political history wrong when you're no where near South Africa?

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

I always assumed the Mandela Effect was a "human thing", not an American thing.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Then there are people who outright manufacture memories for whatever reason.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (10 August 2020 - 01:13 PM)

The human brain is so flaky that it is extremely unlikely that a given person does NOT have any false memories.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Perhaps it's simple word association the movie Sinbad and then our minds apply the same memories to a man named Sinbad.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:04 PM)

The Mandela Effect is the same as people remembering Sinbad in a movie where he played a genie... Of which he never did.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:36 AM)

People that believe Mandela Effect things would rather come up with any number of reasons as to why their version doesn't have any actual evidence(like alternate timelines collapsing into our own) than just admit they remembered something wrong

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Sort of. It's more that when presented with a verifiable fact, they double down because it's what they believe instead of changing their minds

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

"I could have sworn that ______."

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

I'm not arguing with either of those two statements, but they're not really connected. Mandela Effect is, to oversimplify, people being widely mistaken about what they think *is* a verifiable fact. Nothing to do with opinions.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 08:52 AM)

Pretty sure the Mandela Effect in general is an American thing. Opinion > Verifiable Facts is sadly a pretty American thing

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:27 AM)

Ask these people how Apartheid ended according to their recollection, and I'm sure they'll draw a blank.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:25 AM)

You got two black anti-Apartheid activists who were imprisoned by the oppressive regime. One died, the other was Nelson Mandela. It's not a far stretch that Americans who don't know many details about the history of other countries would mix up the two.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:24 AM)

My own theory is that these people are simply mixing up Nelson Mandela and Steve Biko, another South African anti-Apartheid activist, who did indeed die in police custody in 1977. There was an Oscar-nominated movie about his life starring Denzel Washington that came out in 1987, the same time frame these people claim remembering Mandela dying.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:17 AM)

I met a few people from South Africa, and they either never heard of the phenomenon at all, or only know of it from the internet. Apparently, it's completely unknown in South Africa, and it might even be entirely limited to the United States.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:16 AM)

So does anyone remember the "Mandela Effect"? I'm talking specifically about the original case where many people vividly remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980s.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 August 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Crisis of Corona.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

Megaman Anyone?

1080 replies to this topic

#1001 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5522 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:48 PM

http://www.rockman-c...star-force.html

Yeah there's a blog post about what happened here.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#1002 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5522 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:48 PM

Just beat MegaMan 11.

If you follow https://www.youtube....omecallmeJohnnyhe has similar thoughts to me on it. The checkpoints are WAAAAAAY too stingy. First time I began to play this game it was four hours later and I hadn't managed to defeat a single Robot Master, in fact I couldn't GET to any.

Finally just went "screw it" kept doing BlockMan's stage, beat him and from there it was a bit easier to kill the rest. Mostly because the special weapons are a god send against the annoying mini bosses.

Another thing that annoyed me that I haven't seen anyone talk about is something I'm not sure I accidently set an option in the game to do, but I noticed if you grabbed an extra life or E tank in a stage. That was it. It was just flat out GONE from then on. Doesn't matter if you exit the stage or whatever that power up NEVER came back, which if that's just a staple of 'Normal Mode' that's... well just dumb. I didn't care for that at all.

Thankfully you can buy 1-ups, E-tanks and the like in Dr. Light's lab, and doing that makes the game easier.

So I played through the two Wily levels, then got to him himself and...

He's a joke. He's a flat out joke of a boss. He's REALLY easy. The easiest one yet.

Other then that though, it's MegaMan. It plays great, Graphics are great, presentation is great. I'm glad I picked it up. I still didn't think Mighty No 9 was a bad game, but this is what I really wanted.

(Also if you are playing on the switch, SomecallmeJohnny and myself seem to have the same problem. The right stick short cut for the special weapons are more of a pain on the switch controller then anything else. My thumb constantly would hit it and switch weapons when I didn't want to. I had to shut that shortcut off. I hear the pro-controller is better, but I don't have one)

Spoiler

#1003 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2810 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:18 PM

Just beat MegaMan 11.

If you follow https://www.youtube....omecallmeJohnnyhe has similar thoughts to me on it. The checkpoints are WAAAAAAY too stingy. First time I began to play this game it was four hours later and I hadn't managed to defeat a single Robot Master, in fact I couldn't GET to any.

I was a bit surprised at that complaint but I think it leads to another point; different strokes for different folks.  I haven't even gotten the game (yet) but I am grateful there are four difficulty levels... but for a series like Mega Man, where these are really a matter of toggling the amount of damage taken/done, how many lives you get, how many checkpoints, etc... why not just present a menu with those options instead?

And/or bring Tango back as a Check Point you can set yourself.  Yeah, yeah... you could just use a Save State but I just like cats and wish Tango had a better use than his one official one. XP

The Allspark, where most of my commenting "hang-ups" were born!

#1004 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5522 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:52 PM

Well I'm pretty sure MegaMan 11 doesn't HAVE save states. This isn't a legacy collection.(Just realized you probably meant you could do save states instead of using Tango, as a future checkpoint mechanic.

Honestly I'd love for them to do something with Tango myself. I miss him)

For decent check points I'd suggest playing the game on casual. I assume they are spaced out a bit more generously.

For normal it's like, okay so you have six screens to get through, tons of hazards/spikes/and bottomless pits. THEN a mini boss. Okay NOW you get a check point. Next one is eight screens from now at the boss door.

Edited by videomaster21XX, 07 October 2018 - 08:53 PM.

Spoiler

#1005 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2810 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:26 PM

Well I'm pretty sure MegaMan 11 doesn't HAVE save states. This isn't a legacy collection.(Just realized you probably meant you could do save states instead of using Tango, as a future checkpoint mechanic.

Honestly I'd love for them to do something with Tango myself. I miss him)

I've never been clear what the modding community could easily do with a game like this, so I did wonder if any would bother adding them to Mega Man 11.  So... yeah, just one of those stupid ideas you get in your head and stubbornly force into conversations: Tango as a do-it-yourself checkpoint because I know my cats can seem to be able to get into and stay in the darndest places. ;)

For decent check points I'd suggest playing the game on casual. I assume they are spaced out a bit more generously.

I like feeling awesome; my plan when I eventually get this game is to play it first on "Newcomer". XD  I mean, I'm paying for each difficulty level, at least in a sense, so may as well enjoy them. :)

For normal it's like, okay so you have six screens to get through, tons of hazards/spikes/and bottomless pits. THEN a mini boss. Okay NOW you get a check point. Next one is eight screens from now at the boss door.

Other than the miniboss, that sounds very "Mega Man-y" to me.  Well, perhaps more late 8-bit or 16-bit... or did that not become a standard practice until the 32-bit era?  I... can't remember. >.>  I did play through Mega Man 3 via the Legacy Collection (on the PC) over the last two days (decided to break it up) and that's basically how the Doc Robot Stages work.  The regular Stages didn't have a tremendous amount of checkpoints, either... not that I died super often (and abused Save States when I did XP).

Oh, that brings up a good question: How much longer are the new stages really?  I don't just mean in time to complete, but actually "rooms"?  I'm not saying I expect you to know; that is a question for anyone who can answer. ;)

#1006 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5522 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:32 PM

Maybe it's just because I got used to playing them, but I swear before MegaMan 9, the checkpoints weren't this rare.

A lot of problems I had with MegaMan 11 I think might just stem from the controller. I really need to get a pro- controller and see if that makes a world of difference. I have a feeling if I was playing this on PS4, I wouldn't be having so much trouble.

As for length of stages, they don't really feel THAT much longer to me.

Spoiler

#1007 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9222 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:42 AM

No word that 11 did well enough to have a 12th?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1008 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36725 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:30 AM

No word that 11 did well enough to have a 12th?

I'm awaiting word that 11 did well enough to have a 9th.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#1009 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2810 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

Maybe it's just because I got used to playing them, but I swear before MegaMan 9, the checkpoints weren't this rare.

Hopefully, someone can actually check and let us know. If not, maybe you can spare a weekend to power through the Mega Man Legendary Collection (or the originals) to let us know. :)

A lot of problems I had with MegaMan 11 I think might just stem from the controller. I really need to get a pro- controller and see if that makes a world of difference. I have a feeling if I was playing this on PS4, I wouldn't be having so much trouble.

True. I remember beating Mega Man Unlimited - yeah, a fan game - before all of its nerfs when playing with a keyboard. It became significantly easier... well, because fan demand forced the creator to tweak it, but even apart from that having an actual controller helped a lot. :)

As for length of stages, they don't really feel THAT much longer to me.

Oh, thanks for sharing; watching it I thought the same thing. Not sure if Mega Man 8 might be longer (in terms of Stages), though it also broke Stages down into two sections so maybe that doesn't count. Wait, am I remembering that right? XD

#1010 K Gatzby

K Gatzby

Mew.

• Supporter
  • 4781 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:00 AM

I am so much better at the X series than I am at 11. I don't know how I beat MM2 and MM3 as a kid.

Signatures are overrated.

#1011 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:08 PM

I beat Mega Man 11 pretty quickly.  All the instant kills in the stages are annoying as hell UNTIL you realize the game's trying to force you to use the Speed Gear constantly.  After that, it's cake.  And the bosses are bizarrely easy in this game.  I was playing on the setting below "Superhero", for the record.

Edited by Spark, 09 October 2018 - 05:08 PM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#1012 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2810 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:31 AM

I am so much better at the X series than I am at 11. I don't know how I beat MM2 and MM3 as a kid.

I know how I beat MM3 as a kid: the Password system and the Controller II cheats" "Super" Jump by holding Right on the D-Pad, Freeze almost everything by holding Up+A, use the Super Jump immediately after dying in a pit to create a "zombie" Mega Man, only vulnerable to autokills. :D (Yes, eventually I became able to do it legit.)

Those Doc Robot Stages are still where the difficulty spikes, though.  The rest of the game feels pretty easy to me but it was my first Mega Man game so having played for a few decades... yeah. XP

Edited by Otaku, 10 October 2018 - 07:32 AM.

#1013 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9556 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:26 PM

I found it interesting that it tells you in the Gallery who designed the different robot masters in universe. However Tundra Man was the only creator I recognized as a creation of Dr. Cossack. He does kind of have a similar flair to Pharaoh Man.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#1014 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9222 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:42 AM

Wow! That's new info! Who are the other creators?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1015 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5522 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:16 AM

http://www.rockman-c...ation.html#more

I'd love to mess around with the game, but the controls are
Click the screen to jump, and click drag to dash.

You couldn't have just given me buttons to press?

Spoiler

#1016 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 674 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:31 PM

Okay, I beat that Rockman-Redbull game.  You DO end up fighting the controls more than the stage itself.

There's also a second stage with a harder boss that WILL attack you if you're in the lead, too.  The secret to the second stage is to jump, then dash in midair.  But it is possible to beat HIM....you don't get anything for beating the second stage, but it might be cathartic.

#1017 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29228 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:06 AM

Picked up the second series of the 66 Action Bandai figures. I'm still a relative newb to Megaman and have no skill at the games but there's stuff in terms of design and lore I like.

Unlike the first set that covered just various Megas this one has a variant of X, Vile, Cutman, Super Megaman and the one from Star Force I believe? They're a bit bigger than a Prime Master shell and come with a few alternate hands and/or accessories. Vile was the one I really wanted and he actually comes with a glass of alcohol.

They also released to scale Super Mini-Pla of his and X's ride armours (hence why X just with a new facial expression is in the wave). They go together generally okay but this is clearly not the most precise or clean of Bandai's kit production.

The figures themselves are decent if you're not looking for a too massive version of characters that you can interact with other toys you own. Certainly ideal desk fodder.

#1018 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2810 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:22 AM

Picked up the second series of the 66 Action Bandai figures. I'm still a relative newb to Megaman and have no skill at the games but there's stuff in terms of design and lore I like.

Unlike the first set that covered just various Megas this one has a variant of X, Vile, Cutman, Super Megaman and the one from Star Force I believe?

I never played it, but yes that is Mega Man from Star Force.  I was a bit confused about what you meant by "Super Mega Man", but finally realized that meant Mega Man with the Super Adaptor... because I forgot the combined Rush Flight Adaptor and Rush Power Adaptor was called that. XP

#1019 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9222 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:08 AM

The toy reviewer I follow surprised me by suddenly having a Megaman and Dr. Will toy! What IS that?

The back shows just Megaman in two other weapon colors but what's this line on? Clearly not based on the new toon (which I still haven't seen).

Smash Bros? Why Wily then?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#1020 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2810 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:51 AM

The toy reviewer I follow surprised me by suddenly having a Megaman and Dr. Will toy! What IS that?

The back shows just Megaman in two other weapon colors but what's this line on? Clearly not based on the new toon (which I still haven't seen).

Smash Bros? Why Wily then?

Isn't Wily an Assist Trophy in the latest game? *Does a search* Yeah, they introduced Wily as an Assist Trophy in Smash Bros. Ultimate.  Not that I'm convinced that is why the line exists, just saying if it was due to Smash Bros. Ultimate, that could explain things.

Capcom, and the business to which they license Mega Man, have weird timing.  I remember that from the Battle Network days and, in particular, the days of the Decipher Mega Man TCG.  I could be mistaken and maybe it was just caused by Decipher releasing through the direct channel (hobby shops and the like) a certain amount of time before mass retail got the cards, but it seemed like new sets would drop whenever the North American adaptation of the MegaMan.EXE anime was on hiatus.  Maybe new waves of the toys as well. XP

So this could be late Mega Man 11-spawned merchandise (even if they reference an earlier game) or late Christmas stuff.  Mega Man still has enough pull as a retro-video game mascot that it wouldn't surprise me if he still comes up as a "general old-school video game character" in toylines.  Especially in the Japanese market.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users