Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:31 PM)

Wonderful audio separation and balance.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:29 PM)

For Transformers The Movie 86

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:28 PM)

I will say, the blu ray remaster, especially the audio is pretty spot on. Watching it on Apple TV has been enlightening.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 09:00 PM)

Vode An!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:59 PM)

I do not overly care for the Bad Batch, but it will be interesting to see what the animated series will bring to the table.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:59 PM)

Alpha, Delta Squad, Omega Squad, and the Muunilinst 10 are quite the contrast to what we have at present in Disney canon.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:57 PM)

Who else here read the pre-2008 Clone Commandos and ARC Troopers back in the day?

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 November 2020 - 05:04 PM)

Monoliths in Utah and Romania.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:11 PM)

Also, the face of the black redeco is painted gray.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:09 PM)

To be a little fair, the original was also lacking in more detailed color. The Telemocha Series figure fixed that.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 November 2020 - 05:05 PM)

The unpainted face and all the greys make that look like a knockoff.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:01 PM)

One could headcanon this one as such.

@  Otaku : (29 November 2020 - 01:06 PM)

@Bass X0 Weird how they come close, with the likes of Onyx Primal and Nemesis Prime (Universe 2003), but no actual evil gorilla...

@  wonko the sane? : (28 November 2020 - 03:00 PM)

Oh my god! WFC ravage is adorable! Who's a pudgy kitty? Yes you are!

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 November 2020 - 09:50 AM)

The 86 line prevented made me reconsider a new years resolution.

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:33 AM)

And Devastator because I'm a sucker for combiners

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:32 AM)

Decided to stick with the main cast from 2007 and a few assorted ones here and there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 November 2020 - 02:02 PM)

I said I wouldn't buy a lot, now I have seven. And at least three might be on the culling pile.

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 November 2020 - 11:44 AM)

"I'll just get one" I said now I have almost twenty Studio Series figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 November 2020 - 11:19 AM)

The geese are fleeing... death comes soon...

@  unluckiness : (25 November 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Not even head, just a faceeven

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 November 2020 - 12:58 PM)

Just stick a Megatron head on Optimal Optimus.

@  Sabrblade : (25 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

There was also an evil-looking black and gray redeco of the RobotMasters toy

@  Arazyr : (25 November 2020 - 11:54 AM)

That's KIND-OF what I consider the Throne of the Primes Primal to be...

@  wonko the sane? : (25 November 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I would buy the hell out a nemesis primal...

@  Bass X0 : (25 November 2020 - 11:15 AM)

I'm surprised there's not been a Nemesis Primal given all the Nemesis Primes.

@  unluckiness : (23 November 2020 - 03:17 AM)

The real Drifts were the Windblades we made along the way

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Drift-kun 2 Electric Boobylube

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 November 2020 - 11:36 PM)

I'm pretty sure Drift 2 was Empire of Stone.

@  Sabrblade : (22 November 2020 - 10:06 PM)

I thought people said Prime Wheeljack was Drift 2.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 November 2020 - 03:51 PM)

Windblade was Drift.2.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 02:44 PM)

Drift with boobs.

@  Rycochet : (22 November 2020 - 11:50 AM)

I can't imagine a live action movie version of Windblade being all that different from Drift. Not my thing, but not the worst thing I've ever seen.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 09:54 AM)

The thought of Movie aesthetic Windblade makes me feel sick.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:47 AM)

Though, the fact that Japanese people would pay for Windblade toys in the $30-40 range doesn't mean they'd pay however much MPs are going for now.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:44 AM)

Back when I made a habit of checking Mandarake for pre-owned TFs, Windblade's toys went for surprisingly high prices. By which I mean not lower than the original price.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 November 2020 - 08:15 AM)

If she's in the next movie you might get her.

@  unluckiness : (22 November 2020 - 07:58 AM)

Japan didn't get most of the IDW comics and are the target market for MP. They basically know windblade from a few crappy pack-in comics and a show that wasn't particularly popular there. Unless they start cranking out Cyberverse MPs, it's not very likely.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 04:24 AM)

Again, depends if she's popular enough in Japan to warrant it. Our view of which characters are popular is not the same as Takara's.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 01:53 AM)

So characters like Windblade then.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 07:19 PM)

They're complicated and expensive to design. By necessity, they're gonna be restricted to well-known characters who are more likely to sell.

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 07:05 PM)

I don’t think Masterpiece toys should be restricted to only show characters.

@  Rycochet : (21 November 2020 - 03:09 PM)

If she wasn't in the Sunbow cartoon, Live Action movie or Beast Wars and can't be repainted from someone else, she's not getting an MP.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 November 2020 - 12:44 PM)

They'll make their money back if they include the metal thong...

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 12:29 PM)

Is she popular enough in Japan that Takara would even try?

@  Paladin : (21 November 2020 - 11:23 AM)

depends. will that one also have a giant metal thong?

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 11:10 AM)

Should there be a Masterpiece Windblade?

@  -LittleAutob... : (20 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

EIGHT WORDS! THATS A RECORD! XD

@  wonko the sane? : (20 November 2020 - 09:08 AM)

So you were hired by a middle easterner! AHA!

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 November 2020 - 11:45 PM)

that's eight words

Megaman Anyone?

1080 replies to this topic

#61 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44387 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

I bought a knock-off Game Boy Color Megaman game many years ago which was quite fun.

The intro shows a human agent get shot and rebuilt into Megaman X. There was the usual level select screen but all the bosses are completely new, mostly generic looking robots. All the enemies were completely new too but the game played like a regular Megaman X game however X could slide as well as dash.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'll try get a picture of the cartridge if I can find it.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#62 (Deactivated) Indy

(Deactivated) Indy
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Jul 12 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought a knock-off Game Boy Color Megaman game many years ago which was quite fun.

The intro shows a human agent get shot and rebuilt into Megaman X. There was the usual level select screen but all the bosses are completely new, mostly generic looking robots. All the enemies were completely new too but the game played like a regular Megaman X game however X could slide as well as dash.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'll try get a picture of the cartridge if I can find it.

I may know what you are talkin' about.

http://themechanical...es/pirateGB.php Was it one of these? I seen the GBC one played on Youtube.

#63 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18990 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Indy @ Jul 12 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, the team lead by Starnik. Which I am part of.

I played Wily Wars on the Sega. I own the Japanese version, though. It's not a bad game. Megaman 9 was enjoyable. I need to beat Plugman and Jewel Man, though. The music is good. When Megaman 9 was annouced, some people threw fits when it was in 8-bit. While some people drooled over a certain Mermaid Robot.

Ha, funny. I know Starnik, but I didn't know he had a group of Robot Masters, so to speak.

And Wily Wars needs a VC release, pronto.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#64 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44387 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE(Indy @ Jul 12 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Jul 12 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I may know what you are talkin' about.

http://themechanical...es/pirateGB.php Was it one of these? I seen the GBC one played on Youtube.

The 'Rockman Z' one near the bottom. Except it has the words "Game Boy Color" on the left instead of "New GB Color" as in the pic.

#65 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:21 AM

I've seen a video of that.

The only one I ever found a ROM of was "Rockman DX3"...

That's too bad, Rockman and Crystal looks pretty interesting.
QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#66 (Deactivated) Indy

(Deactivated) Indy
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(LBD @ Jul 12 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Indy @ Jul 12 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, the team lead by Starnik. Which I am part of.

I played Wily Wars on the Sega. I own the Japanese version, though. It's not a bad game. Megaman 9 was enjoyable. I need to beat Plugman and Jewel Man, though. The music is good. When Megaman 9 was annouced, some people threw fits when it was in 8-bit. While some people drooled over a certain Mermaid Robot.

Ha, funny. I know Starnik, but I didn't know he had a group of Robot Masters, so to speak.

And Wily Wars needs a VC release, pronto.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

I'm his "Bubbleman". Starnik is a cool guy.

http://wilys_warriors.sitesled.com/ The site.

#67 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44387 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:18 AM

Is anyone else really tired of Megaman games? Not the originals of course but the new ones. Battle Network and Star Force in particular. They seem to be Mega Man in name only.

I remember back during the mid nineties how the Mega Man series as a whole was criticised for having too many games. And now fifteen years later Capcom still put out quite a number of Mega Man games. I disagreed with their negative opinions back then but now I can see where they were coming from.

I'll always support the classic and X series (although I don't particularly like the more recent X games, I do live in hope that if they ever made a new one that it would return to its roots) and also the Legends series and spin-offs too (I quite liked the Misadventures of Tron Bonne).

#68 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 14 2009, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is anyone else really tired of Megaman games? Not the originals of course but the new ones. Battle Network and Star Force in particular. They seem to be Mega Man in name only.

I remember back during the mid nineties how the Mega Man series as a whole was criticised for having too many games. And now fifteen years later Capcom still put out quite a number of Mega Man games. I disagreed with their negative opinions back then but now I can see where they were coming from.

I'll always support the classic and X series (although I don't particularly like the more recent X games, I do live in hope that if they ever made a new one that it would return to its roots) and also the Legends series and spin-offs too (I quite liked the Misadventures of Tron Bonne).

I generally liked Battle Network (BN4 was the only one I hated), but Star Force seems to be just a shameless ripoff.

However, the remake of BN1 that happens to integrate the Mega Man of Star Force seems to be rather interesting, so I'll probably get it.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#69 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13815 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

I'd much rather see another Maverick Hunter than another Battle Network.
Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#70 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(Paladin @ Aug 14 2009, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd much rather see another Maverick Hunter than another Battle Network.

Who wouldn't?

But I'll take anything that's not just more Star Force.

---Dave

#71 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:04 PM

I'm one of the biggest MegaMan Nuts you'll ever meet. I've hungerly eaten up just about every classic, X, Legends, Zero, and ZX title I've come across (There are a few exceptions. X7 comes to mind...)

But Battle Network? I've played a bit of 1 and 2, and I just don't like them that much. I collect them only because they are MegaMan games, and even then, I've got so few of them. Only getting when the price is really good.

Haven't even bothered to try out the Star Force titles. Though the animes based on the games rocked! ^_^

They just don't hold the same appeal to me.

Unfortantly who knows when or even if we'll see anymore classic, X, Legends, or even ZX titles...

I'd LOOOOOVE to have Maverick Hunter X2 myself. X2 was my favorite MegaMan game period.

Also REALLY want to see ZX3. Especally after the extra ending you get after beating ZX: Advent on extreme...

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#72 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

I'm ashamed of how I can't even beat one boss on Zero 3 Hard Mode.

---Dave

#73 (Deactivated) Arsenal

(Deactivated) Arsenal
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 14 2009, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Battle Network is awesome(BN4 was jive though).

Starforce though I'll give you those, they are pretty crappy, downright terrible in fact, so jivey that I believe Starforce 3 is the last one.

Also, Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star is confirmed to be a crossover game if there was anyone left doubting it. Looks like you play as Star Force Megaman with Lan operating you at some point. The battle system wasn't revealed, though which is hugging lame, let me play as exe.

#74 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 18052 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:55 PM

Growing up, one of the few SNES games I had was X1. Took forever to get good at it. These days, I can make it to the last stage fairly easily, I've just never been able to beat Sigma. Only played the other X games when I rented the X collection. I've mostly played Zero 1 and 2, and Mega Man 64. Picked up MM9 on a whim when it came out, and tried it. Slowly been chipping away at it.

And thanks to the infamous Air Man song, been playing 2 a lot lately. Loving it. Need to go and try some of the others. (How I wish I could use the Metal Blade in other games, though. Such a wonderful game-breaker.)

Edited by DJ Wingus, 14 August 2009 - 10:55 PM.

UnHImyv.png

#75 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18990 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:27 AM

I like the new stuff, SF included. I think I like SF's gameplay more than BN's, in fact... except for the insane random encounter rate in 2. I wish one of the codes would reduce that.

Anyway, they've really cut back on the number of games released. They just released SF3 here, and OSS is on the horizon for Japan, we likely won't see it for almost a year.

And other than that? There's nothing.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#76 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2892 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:35 AM

Looks like I am very late to the party. >.>

I started with MegaMan 3. I haven't had a chance to play MegaMan 9 yet, and probably won't be able to for quite some time. Perhaps since I started with MM3, I was surprised at what they felt was "core" MegaMan and what wasn't. MegaMan was always such a prolific series: Mario makes more appearances, but does anyone else? So, to the point, I am very far behind. I snagged the MegaMan and the X Collections, which is why I've played as much of those series. My favorites would probably be MegaMan 3 and MegaMan X4, respectively. I haven't played anything for the X series later than X6, and I never got around to getting Command and Conquer. Missed the Xtreme series on the GBC but I have played the first and last of the Game Boy MegaMan titles. MegaMan V is so good it might be my favorite "classic" game overall.

I own a copy of the Misadventures of Tron Bonne, but have barely played it (for a variety of reasons). Part of it may be that the core Legends series just never really appealed to me (MotB was purchased with a bunch of other used PSOne games at a clearance sale). I played some demos for the first and second games, and didn't really like them.

I have enjoyed the MegaMan Battle Network series, but I stopped at MMBN3. I ignored it at first, watched some of the cartoon and figured "why not?" when I saw a used copy for $10 and bought it. Eventually the next two games dropped that low, so I snagged them as well. The game was starting to feel to "Pokemon-y", though. I like Pokemon, but there was getting to be too much "busy work" in those games that I never finished them. I got the two spin-off titles, but haven't been able to beat either of them, yet. >_<

I haven't gotten around to any of the other series, mostly because I don't have the money for it.

Anyone else hoping for more MegaMan Collection games? I was majorly disappointed when they pulled the plug on the GBA version. For one thing my copy of V has gotten touchy. Anyway, it'd be a nice way for Capcom to release a "new" game while letting me catch up.
The Allspark, where most of my commenting "hang-ups" were born!

#77 Chris_Lv255

Chris_Lv255
  • Citizen
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:04 AM

I'm holding out for a Megaman DS collection which also includes enhanced versions of the Gameboy outings.
My spiral of power comes from two sources: Love and Courage. Let the Spiral become my Drill, that it may pierce the Heavens.
My Pokemon Diamond Friend code: 4424 8048 1193
Behold, my Desktop Tower Defense mazes!

#78 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:18 AM

and I never got around to getting Command and Conquer

You mean Command Mission. Command and Conquer is an RTS series. :P

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#79 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2892 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:44 AM

>.>

Mistakes like that happen when you wake up five hours early due to abdominal pains. XD

So, anyone like the MegaMan TCG? I miss that. Actually, I guess I don't miss how it was but if it had been well executed: the rarity scheme was horrible.
The Allspark, where most of my commenting "hang-ups" were born!

#80 (Deactivated) Arsenal

(Deactivated) Arsenal
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(Chris_Lv255 @ Aug 15 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm holding out for a Megaman DS collection which also includes enhanced versions of the Gameboy outings.

This was planned during the 15th anniversary of Megaman, a GBA game with all 5 gameboy outings but it got cancelled.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users