Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (14 July 2020 - 06:18 AM)

the correct answwer to "who shot first" will always be "Harrison Ford if he ever hears that hugging question again."

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 July 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Han shot first. Plain and simple.

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

Photo
- - - - -

Cartoon Network to air PGA tour

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13368 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

http://www.ajc.com/m...er_cartoon.html

icon-primal.gif
Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#2 Omgiamonfire

Omgiamonfire

Maybe on Earth. Maybe in the Future.

• Citizen
  • 14431 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:53 PM

Yes, because kids just love to watch golf.

"Whether it's directly or not, you prey on others to live. That reality never changes. And it's the same for everyone here."

#3 (Deactivated) TVsGrady

(Deactivated) TVsGrady
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

#4 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 5291 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

What.
Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#5 Proto-Blues

Proto-Blues
  • Citizen
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

Ow...something just popped in my head. I'm tasting blue.
There are two kinds of angry people - explosive and implosive. Explosive is the type of individual you see screaming at the cashier for not taking his coupon. Implosive is the cashier who remains quiet day after day and then finally shoots everyone in the store.

#6 Defensis Prime

Defensis Prime

Multiversal Singularity-haters = puppykickers who belong on Junk

• Citizen
  • 1923 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

o.O

That...is not what the article says.

(Better read it again. And again, if necessary.)
-- L A S E R AUTOBOT LEADER DEFENSIS PRIME : Psychotic Completist®

"...Transformers should have retina-searing colorschemes--your eyes bleed after one glance..."

I'm putting together the full POWER OF THE PRIMES cardset, and I need your help to do it! For chances to win great customs from BotCon custom class leader Shawn Tessmann, visit StraightFromTheMatrix.com!

#7 Jet

Jet

Super-unvincible

• Citizen
  • 24927 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

It's not what the article says, buuuuuuut...

Man, Cartoon Network may have outlasted the other networks when it came to not decaying, but when they started decaying... They REALLY started decaying. Faster than the freaking Disney Channel did. it took Disney Channel from, like, '97, when they started changing to a tween demographic, up 'till about 2003 to start sucking, with Lizzie McGuire and crap. Nick only started dying in 2005 with that horrible The X's rip-off of the Incredibles, but at least they had Avatar for the next four years. Cartoon Network... it's like, as soon as they started airing Total Drama Island, they dove headfirst into the downward spiral that Disney Channel and Nick simply parachuted into.

Edited by Firebert, 03 July 2009 - 06:34 PM.

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#8 (Deactivated) Slander

(Deactivated) Slander
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

It doesn't say anywhere there that CN will be showing the tour, just that they'll be showing golf-related content and selling golf-related merchandise to their target demo. Believe it or not, golf is an increasingly-popular youth sport, especially among affluent families.

#9 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 23155 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(Defensis Prime @ Jul 3 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
o.O

That...is not what the article says.

(Better read it again. And again, if necessary.)

You're right, it isn't. Nowhere in the article does it say the Cartoon Network will be broadcasting hours and hours of golf. Just that there'll be a licensing partnership.

#10 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10688 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

Exactly... It just means hours upon hours of commercials for golf and golf related products.

#11 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42544 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

Does...this mean they'll be bringing the Gator Golf commercial out of the moth balls?

Gator Golf
Give it a whack
Gator Golf
He sends it right back
Gator Golf
'Cuz nothing would be greater
Than playing golf with a 'gator!

(Yeah, that was sadly all by memory.)

#12 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10688 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

Yeah 6 years ago when I had first moved to Florida.. my nephew learned that gators lived in Florida, and demanded I buy him that game.. (He was 4 at the time)

#13 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:34 AM

<shrugs> so golf commercials on CN. They've already jumped the shark so hard that they haven't landed yet w/ their live action show lineup anyway, so it's not as if I'll have to watch any of the commercials.

I'm thinking that cable and sat companies need to just switch to full on On Demand content. Then we find out what people really want to watch.

#14 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26221 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Jul 3 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does...this mean they'll be bringing the Gator Golf commercial out of the moth balls?

Gator Golf
Give it a whack
Gator Golf
He sends it right back
Gator Golf

almost

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#15 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43514 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(Asquian @ Jul 4 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm thinking that cable and sat companies need to just switch to full on On Demand content. Then we find out what people really want to watch.

Unless you honestly want another decade of reality shows, and singing/dancing/talent off's and lame game shows... then this is the single worst idea ever.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#16 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Jul 6 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unless you honestly want another decade of reality shows, and singing/dancing/talent off's and lame game shows... then this is the single worst idea ever.

really? cause actual ratings vs the Neilson nonsense would probably surprise you. Basing ratings on # of downloads rather than relying on what all the mouth breathers who've worked their day around their favorite tv show watch will likely show quite a difference.

Besides which, if people don't ever watch something anyway, what's the point of it being on TV? if a show is of a real quality and is universally available, you get a much better, and far more accurate, determination on that show's popularity. Eliminating time slot as a factor in a show's success could help keep quality programming on the air.

#17 Fender Bender

Fender Bender

Decepticon Cheesehead

• Validating
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:42 AM

I'd much rather destroy the cable and satellite companies and put your basic 100 on Network channels.

We already have multi-casting compliments of the digital transition. I get the following:

7.1 CBS Network
7.2 My TV Network (Midnight to 5 AM, switches to Funimation Anime Network)
7.3 CBS Weather
9.1 ABC Network
9.2 CW Network
9.3 THIS Movie Channel
13.1 NBC Network
13.2 NBC Weather
20.1 PBS1
20.2 PBS2
20.3 PBS3
55.1 FOX Network
55.2 UNTAMED Outdoors Channel

With all these "decimal" channels, surely some of these cable channels could venture out and see how they do over the air. Surely the minuscule amount they receive every month from cable/satellite providers could be compensated for with a wider audience and increased advertising revenue.

I've always been in favor of the ala carte plans. I don't wanna pay for 45 channels I never watch. So throw them all on the open air and see who survives. None of the Network Stations have flopped, we have competition with them all being freely available. Surely more open competition would encourage better programming from the other surviving networks as well.

#18 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43514 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE(Asquian @ Jul 6 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Jul 6 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

really? cause actual ratings vs the Neilson nonsense would probably surprise you. Basing ratings on # of downloads rather than relying on what all the mouth breathers who've worked their day around their favorite tv show watch will likely show quite a difference.

Besides which, if people don't ever watch something anyway, what's the point of it being on TV? if a show is of a real quality and is universally available, you get a much better, and far more accurate, determination on that show's popularity. Eliminating time slot as a factor in a show's success could help keep quality programming on the air.

Except their not MAKING quality shows anymore. Sure, fox will make a medical drama or something, but they jive can good stuff by default. Decent fiction can't compete with low operating costs and guaranteed revenue that the reality crap makes. More to the point, when was the last time an original idea actually made it onto air anyway? Knight rider? The bionic woman? I'm still waiting for the A-team revamp. Apparently the new millennium is the time of rehashing 20 year old shows.

You're right, making programming "on demand" would allow people to watch their favorite shows and see the potential stuff as they want to, as their free... but when the options are "Are you smarter than a fifth grader", or " So you think you can dance/sing/act/flail widly on a stage america" or nearly twenty seasons of survivor...

Frankly, I'm questioning why I even bother with TV anymore.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#19 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10827 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:32 PM

There's too much golf on TV as it is... gotta be the most boring thing to watch I can think of. If you want Golf, go out and play some; it's a hell of a lot more entertaining.

Personally, I think there should be 7-8 channels set aside for sports games. Domestic and international, 24/7... that's all that's on there. But those would be the only channels that sports are ever on; period. No FOX pre-empting decent shows all the time for some jivey football game, etc. I'm sick of sports on channels they shouldn't be on.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 05 July 2010 - 10:34 PM.

#20 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5474 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Jul 3 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gator Golf
Give it a whack
Gator Golf
He sends it right back
Gator Golf

Well yeah... it's so catchy and unbeleivably obnoxious
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness