Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

Luckily, it was "Wheel Horse Lawnmower"

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

I knew that my father was getting old when he finally posted a facebook status that was clearly a search term.

@  The Wadapan : (12 August 2018 - 12:18 PM)

could've been worse then :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2018 - 12:03 PM)

So when he tried to pry into his daughter's love life, he ended up posting numerous search terms relating to "hot boy".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2018 - 12:02 PM)

I once saw this comedy episode wherein a dad mistakenly thought the status bar on Facebook was the search bar.

@  The Wadapan : (12 August 2018 - 11:41 AM)

is cool squawkbox =/= search box

@  The Wadapan : (12 August 2018 - 11:41 AM)

iron man note to self

@  Echowarrior : (12 August 2018 - 05:02 AM)

Happy Birthday to Nevermore and Angelus!

@  Waspinator : (11 August 2018 - 04:45 PM)

I like how that game had all kinds of transformation attacks. Some of them may not have made much sense, but they looked cool.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2018 - 11:33 AM)

Menasor kinda did that in the Devastation video game. He'd split into the Stunticons and run you over.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 August 2018 - 08:04 AM)

Megatron screams "decepticons attack", the constructicons form devastator, who then screams "Multi-vector assault mode" and breaks back into invdividual bots to attack seperately.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 August 2018 - 11:20 PM)

Imagine: an armada battle between Omega Supreme and Tidal Wave.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 August 2018 - 11:20 PM)

Some TF creator should apply it to multi-component Transformers.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 August 2018 - 11:19 PM)

"Multi-vector assault mode" is such a cool term from Star Trek: Voyager.

@  TheMightyMol... : (10 August 2018 - 04:24 PM)

Most things would be pretty cold after two hundred and seventy degrees.

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 02:39 PM)

(Because F = (9C/5) + 32)

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 02:38 PM)

Oh yeah, five times thirty is TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY! My bad...

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 01:15 PM)

Given the weather we've been having this summer, anything under 30 is a friggen god send.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2018 - 12:53 PM)

Surely "slightly under 30" doesn't pass for "cold" unless you live in the tropics.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 12:20 PM)

... or we're finally facing the end game of global warming, but no one will care by then.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 12:18 PM)

Generally speaking, if the number when referring to temperature is less than 50, you're probably not talking to an american.

@  Benbot : (10 August 2018 - 11:13 AM)

86 F

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 11:07 AM)

(30 C = 68 F)

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 11:06 AM)

And is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

@  Benbot : (10 August 2018 - 09:13 AM)

What continent are you in?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 06:41 AM)

oh wow... even with humidity today it won't break 30. It's going to be so... COLD...

@  MEDdMI : (08 August 2018 - 06:58 AM)

@Msol Make sure he shares. My bro hardly ever let me play with his TFs. I even offered to let him play with my dolls/ponies, too.

@  MEDdMI : (08 August 2018 - 06:37 AM)

:p My brother was a bigger pain as a kid. As adults, I'm the bigger pain now.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 August 2018 - 06:31 AM)

Congrats man, and good luck. My personal experience is that little girls are pains in the ass clean through 30.

@  Msol : (07 August 2018 - 10:59 PM)

Yup yup. Now my 2.5yo will need to learn to share all his TFs...

@  MEDdMI : (07 August 2018 - 09:53 PM)

@Msol Really? Congratulations! :)

@  Msol : (07 August 2018 - 08:48 PM)

Ack! We're having a girl!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 August 2018 - 06:16 PM)

It did include a Transmetal 2 hyena with a giant sawblade in his back.

@  unluckiness : (07 August 2018 - 08:56 AM)

but does it BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2018 - 08:01 AM)

Okay, I don't buy doubles and I would have gone after a dozen of those.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2018 - 10:32 PM)

I still think Beast Wars should have included a Transmetal Maximal hyena with a motorcycle-based semi-third mode, of Junkion descent, named Lafftrax

@  Pennpenn : (06 August 2018 - 03:24 AM)

Well if they did the same thing as Roadbattletrapslash (and if they didn't what's the point?) it'd be two new molds, but still.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 August 2018 - 01:08 PM)

I'm surprised that Hasbro wound up scheduling Frenzy for release in the Bumblebee movie line.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 August 2018 - 12:50 PM)

Dunno. There's been recent Rewind toys, and Eject is just a quick repaint. Flywheels would mean a whole new mold.

@  Cyoti : (05 August 2018 - 08:24 AM)

Flywheels is probably in the same queue at Hasbro as Eject.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 August 2018 - 03:22 AM)

Energon Redux.

@  Foffy : (05 August 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Grand Slamwich

@  Pennpenn : (04 August 2018 - 07:51 PM)

So we can get proper Flywheels and maybe Grand Slam? I mean, I'm sure if they did it as a full range we'd have an Optimus in there somewhere (with Roller pants? I dunno).

@  Pennpenn : (04 August 2018 - 07:48 PM)

I'd like to see them do more duocon type toys later on. Sort of like how they did Brainstorm as a Headmaster on his own before releasing an entire range of them.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2018 - 08:03 AM)

The first time I saw him, they were both on the shelf, and I passed on roadtrap cause I wasn't overtly impressed with the design. Grabbed battleslashe, read the instructions... ahhh, it's a duocon. Then didn't see the little blue git again until yesterday.

@  Shrug : (04 August 2018 - 07:40 AM)

I know! The store I go to the most got around 5 cases of Wave 2 legends in March, so I was not worried about getting the duo. After some recent hunting though, I've managed to find 3 Battleslashes in my entire city and no Roadtraps. 

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2018 - 09:42 PM)

Still, I'm glad I managed to find him again. I saw him once months ago and have been looking since.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2018 - 08:50 PM)

No kidding roadtraps instructions are bad. I actually had to look it up.

@  unitremover : (03 August 2018 - 07:08 PM)

I'd recommend trying to find an alternate way to transform and store away Battleslash's arms in combined mode though, the perscribed method ain't great imo

@  unitremover : (03 August 2018 - 07:07 PM)

They can be at first, especially Roadtrap since his instructions are really bad, but after a few times back and forth they're not too complex.

Photo
- - - - -

Botcon Voyager Razorclaw revealed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
138 replies to this topic

#1 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43823 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:59 AM

http://www.tfw2005.c...se-repaint.html

I hope its the Leo Prime head mold but since its new, probably not. I'm fine with that too.

Hey, notice the Neo Predacon insignia on Razorclaw's shoulders? I wonder how he works into the Wings of Honor storyline if at all.

Attached Thumbnails

• botcon_2009.jpg
  • botcon_2009_1.jpg

Edited by Bass X0, 01 May 2009 - 12:31 PM.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#2 Tien85

Tien85

Viva la X-Warlock!

• Citizen
  • 3163 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:03 AM

That looks pretty decent, like it was pictured in the '06 comic. Sucks though that it's a Botcon figure. Wonder if FP will ever get to do the rest of the Predacons?

In memory of Joelle Lawson: 1986-2004 A great friend to all. Rest in peace my friend.
In memory of Roscoe Brown: a loving grandfather who always tried to give his best for his family.

#3 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:12 AM

Is this from the upcoming Botcon? If so, I think it's the one figure out of the set i want. While I wished this figure was a mass release figure, or maybe a club store exclusive, I can understand why they went with a Botcon exclusive. Very cool figure, which I'm happy the made a reality somehow.

#4 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43823 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(Tien85 @ Apr 12 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That looks pretty decent, like it was pictured in the '06 comic. Sucks though that it's a Botcon figure. Wonder if FP will ever get to do the rest of the Predacons?

Well there are no Scout molds at all yet, I'm sure there must be at least one yet to be revealed. Maybe they'll use the Backstop mold since that was also a toy one of the Neo Predacons were based upon.

#5 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5262 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:28 AM

icon-megs.gif Damn all you Botcon atendees *shakes fist* icon-megs.gif
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#6 Jeremy

Jeremy

Gargo 220 or something

• Retired Staff
  • 23660 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:43 AM

Looks good, a lot like the version I digibashed while the Cybertron toyline was in full swing. Like on the Elite Guard guys, I'm not so into the new faction symbols, but those could probably be removed and covered up on this toy.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#7 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:50 AM

I'm curious if he will appear somehow in this year's fiction, or if, like Alpha Trion among the Classics toys, he will be the odd-bot-out, not appearing in that fiction. After all, we know this is the form of Razorclaw in the far post-Beast Machines future of Cybertron. You don't think he goes back in time and tries to change the course of the first days of the Great War do you?

Oh well, I least I have the Classic Legends version of the toy from Target. It's like a mini-Botcon toy now.

Edited by mignash, 12 April 2009 - 07:55 AM.

#8 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 9714 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:55 AM

Hmm...probably one I'll skip once he goes up on eBay. No big - I'll have trouble enough getting all the guys from the main set sans Scourge.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#9 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43823 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

Oh well, I least I have the Classic Legends version of the toy from Target. It's like a mini-Botcon toy now.

Yeah, I am happy enough with my Legends Razorclaw too. I do hope they'll do an Ultra sized Trypticon repaint of the Cyberton Scourge at some point.

#10 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15421 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

Well, this should make quite a few folks happy. I remember quite a few members stating that a Razorclaw made from this mold would be well worth the price they'd hafta pay for it if it was made by the club, now they can put their money where their mouth is. icon-fire.gif

And no, this isn't a bash to those folks, I'm genuinely happy for them. icon-ironhide.gif

edit: Spelling

Edited by Robogeek1973, 12 April 2009 - 08:11 AM.

#11 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Apr 12 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I am happy enough with my Legends Razorclaw too. I do hope they'll do an Ultra sized Trypticon repaint of the Cyberton Scourge at some point.

I'd be happy with more Legends that resemble Botcon toys.

Let's see a Legends Alpha Trion, SG Starscream, Pre-Beast Wars Megatron, etc. I don't think anyone would have a problem with re-creating Botcon toys in mini-versions. It wouldn't violate the convention exclusivity at all.

#12 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(Robogeek1973 @ Apr 12 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, this should make quite a few folks happy. I remember quite a few members stating that a Razorclaw made from this mold would be well worth the price they'd hafta pay for it if it was made by the club, now they can put their money where their mouth is. icon-fire.gif

And no, this isn't a bash to those folks, I'm genuinely happy for them. icon-ironhide.gif

If it's attendee exclusive it will be pretty hard to get ahold of pretty quick. Have you seen how much a pre-Beast Wars Megatron sells for today If you can find it? The last one sold on ebay for $450, and only ONE has even been listed in the last 3 months, that one. I hope Fun Pub makes a LOT of this guy, because there will be a big demand.

Edited by mignash, 12 April 2009 - 08:23 AM.

#13 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15421 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(mignash @ Apr 12 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it's attendee exclusive it will be pretty hard to get ahold of pretty quick. Have you seen how much a pre-Beast Wars Megatron sells for today If you can find it? The last one sold on ebay for $450, and only ONE has even been listed in the last 3 months, that one. I hope Fun Pub makes a LOT of this guy, because there will be a big demand.

Yeah that's my point. Since Razorclaw first appeared in the Botcon comic lots of folks have been clamoring for him from the club, many stating he'd totally be worth the higher club prices. Personally I can't justify paying the price this thing will eventually go for seeing as how it's only a mediocre mold, but it'll be interesting to see how high the aftermarket prices go for this guy.

#14 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 7381 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(mignash @ Apr 12 2009, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On a similar note, Alpha Trion goes fairly cheap and Shattered Glass Megatron is easily in the 100s.

The more I see, the more I'm hugging pissed I can't go. I'm pissed enough I had to cancel my registration/hotel/etc... to pay for a colonoscopy. Seeing the figures makes it worse.

I almost want to start purging my collection just to buy Razorclaw, Leozack, Scourge, and Kup. I'll do some crazy trades if anyone wants to broker a deal. I've got all the g1 combiners, and most of the large Post g1 Japanese figures (Victory, Battlestars, Zone).

Edited by Solarstorm, 12 April 2009 - 08:41 AM.

"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#15 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20352 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

Feh.

I'd be willing to pay the retail price for this toy, but not Botcon prices. That mold is not worth it, regardless of the character it represents.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#16 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8849 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Apr 12 2009, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.tfw2005.c...se-repaint.html
Hey, notice the Neo Predacon insignia on Razorclaw's shoulders? I wonder how he works into the Wings of Honor storyline if at all.

It probably doesn't fit into the Wings of Honor storyline at all, like Alpha Trion didn't fit into the Games of Deception story.

#17 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:51 AM

So does this mean the only "original" character at Botcon will be Landshark? All the others are homages to G1 characters? Oh well, i have the original Razorclaw, the Beast Wars Crab and Mutant, the Universe Tigerhawk repaint, the Cybertron Mini-Con Jet, the Legends, and the Shattered Glass Mini-Con. It would be nice to have the newest version, but I doubt I can afford it.

Edited by mignash, 12 April 2009 - 08:53 AM.

#18 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Cut your own path to victory's gate

• Supporter
  • 41682 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

Probably my favorite of what's been found so far, but overall, I'm not really regretting missing this set.

#19 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 41143 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

It's not much of a change, but I'm surprised how much I like the black and the red reversed like that.

#20 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35486 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:29 AM

If this has the Prime head (a bit unlikely unless they actually got first dibs) or a new mold head (A bit more likely) I'll definatly want it. Razorclaw is one of my favorite Decepticons, and Legends is just too small for him.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno