Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Telly : (20 September 2017 - 09:00 PM)

just ordered tr trypticon. should have it monday :)

@  OrionPax44 : (20 September 2017 - 04:57 PM)

@Robowang I have one somewhere and I can send it to you. Don't worry about it. Just let me find it

@  Bass X0 : (20 September 2017 - 04:43 PM)

Sometime last week, I purchased Hasbro Windblade online then a day or two later, Takara Windblade was announced for only £4.99 more making me instantly regret buying Hasbro's Windblade. Guess I'll be giving Hasbro Windblade to my nephew for Christmas then.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:24 PM)

That whole flat-rate shipping thing makes the math easy.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:23 PM)

4 bucks

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:15 PM)

Hmm. How much is shipping from BBTS?

@  NightViper : (20 September 2017 - 02:09 PM)

Set of the four is still $22 at BBTS

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:00 PM)

Ramhorn is currently available from a third party seller via Amazon for $27.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 11:47 AM)

Anybody have the TR PM OP trading card they don't want? I lost mine! Will pay you for it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 September 2017 - 11:35 AM)

If you don't need her I'll take her off ya.

@  BlackMax : (20 September 2017 - 10:04 AM)

When I get that power-batteryOptimus I swear I will carry it everywhere. It'll be like having a useful tool AND being six years old again all at once.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:58 AM)

I guess he's gone now. Oh well.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:56 AM)

I saw Ramhorn all over ebay for $16 a week ago or so.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 09:02 AM)

Just ordered Arcee.  I don't need her.  But she's pink.  And a robot.  A combination I love.

@  Darknova4life : (20 September 2017 - 08:57 AM)

@ Robowang, Where is TR Ramhorn available for $16?

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 07:31 AM)

Besides spotty, this is the first time I've consistently seen reships of older waves months after the next 2/3 waves show up.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2017 - 07:29 AM)

No kidding spotty. Haven't seen of the recent waves, and I desperately want a seaspray for my brother.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 07:05 AM)

Distribution is so spotty these days that I've given in and just started ordering everything. I'm probably going to wind up with a $16 Ramhorn, too.

@  MidnightFox : (19 September 2017 - 08:51 PM)

So they've been out at regular retail hit and miss for awhile.

@  MidnightFox : (19 September 2017 - 08:50 PM)

I picked up Misfire at a Target in Mississippi in mid-August.

@  Shrug : (19 September 2017 - 05:09 PM)

I think so. I checked his post history just now and he mentions buying something in North Carolina

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 September 2017 - 05:04 PM)

A U.S. Walmart?

@  Shrug : (19 September 2017 - 04:41 PM)

Saw someone found Misfire's wave at Walmart on Reddit. First normal retail sighting I've heard. I'm more hopeful now.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 September 2017 - 04:04 PM)

I'm praying I will be able to find Misfire and Slugslinger at brick and mortar somehow.

@  Xellos : (19 September 2017 - 03:22 PM)

Getting the set of 3, myself. Figure I'll keep Hot Rod in package (still my fave character), and give Kup to my nephew to help expand his current fascination with Transformers.

@  Telly : (19 September 2017 - 11:56 AM)

i got slugslinger for $30 from amazon as well. i can imagine thatll be the standard price at most places since theyll jack up the price to cover having all those kup and hot rods sitting in their stores

@  Robowang : (19 September 2017 - 08:16 AM)

Yes, I bought the $30 one on Amazon. I'd rather just pay the $30 than pay $60 and be stuck with an extra Hot Rod and Kup I can't sell.

@  Robowang : (19 September 2017 - 07:34 AM)

Slugslinger, Misfire, and Triggerhappy look amazing together. Best of Titans Return, as far as I'm concerned.

@  Noideaforaname : (18 September 2017 - 11:32 PM)

gads, why is this site so bad at loading at times?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 September 2017 - 08:29 PM)

Thank you Hasbro for having never reissued the 2011 City Strike Destro figure...already at $32 with a week left.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 September 2017 - 07:47 PM)

Asking someone which year of "university" they're in seems so much more sophisticated than asking which year of "college" they're in.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 September 2017 - 09:04 PM)

Hooray! It only took 8 years, but laika finally learned to NOT play with the striped kitty!

@  Bass X0 : (15 September 2017 - 04:38 PM)

It was "Take Your Laserbeak To Work Day".... well, for me it was anyway. I was getting bored of being on hold when I made calls, so wanted something to relieve the boredom.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2017 - 04:25 PM)

Can you hear me now? *CRACK*

@  MEDdMI : (15 September 2017 - 04:25 PM)

Pshaw, internet! Back in my day, we wrote notes, wrapped them around rocks, and threw them at each other's heads!

@  Benbot : (15 September 2017 - 03:32 PM)

That's why I used Napster at work

@  wonko the sane? : (15 September 2017 - 11:37 AM)

Didn't know that then... pay for high speed so I don't have to now.

@  ▲ndrusi : (15 September 2017 - 09:00 AM)

every browser had a super-easy-to-find "turn off images" option if you wanted pages to load faster

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2017 - 08:19 AM)

I still hear the dial-up modem scream in my nightmares.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 September 2017 - 08:18 AM)

And you are not alone...

@  Pennpenn : (15 September 2017 - 07:53 AM)

Trust me Predaking, I am ancient enough to hold such memories.

@  The Predaking : (15 September 2017 - 07:50 AM)

That 3 MB mp3 was lost forever.

@  The Predaking : (15 September 2017 - 07:49 AM)

You will never know the pain of Downloading a file on Dial up for 6 hours, only to have it stop at 99%.

@  Pennpenn : (15 September 2017 - 07:47 AM)

I love when I'm downloading something and the download rate is inversly proportinal to the progress meter.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 September 2017 - 12:47 AM)

I'm thinking of using the original Dragon Quest to help me with my Japanese since it only uses Hiragana and has spaces. :)

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 September 2017 - 10:40 PM)

I was partial to King's Quest and Police Quest

@  MaxVer : (14 September 2017 - 08:21 PM)

Currently playing part 2.

@  The Predaking : (14 September 2017 - 01:56 PM)

Man, I love those games!

@  The Predaking : (14 September 2017 - 01:56 PM)

dragon quest

@  Shrug : (13 September 2017 - 09:01 PM)

Just sitting above the toy section. Taunting me.

Photo
- - - - -

Botcon Voyager Razorclaw revealed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
138 replies to this topic

#1 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43361 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:59 AM

http://www.tfw2005.c...se-repaint.html

I hope its the Leo Prime head mold but since its new, probably not. I'm fine with that too.

Hey, notice the Neo Predacon insignia on Razorclaw's shoulders? I wonder how he works into the Wings of Honor storyline if at all.

Attached Thumbnails

• botcon_2009.jpg
  • botcon_2009_1.jpg

Edited by Bass X0, 01 May 2009 - 12:31 PM.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#2 Tien85

Tien85

Viva la X-Warlock!

• Citizen
  • 3163 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:03 AM

That looks pretty decent, like it was pictured in the '06 comic. Sucks though that it's a Botcon figure. Wonder if FP will ever get to do the rest of the Predacons?

In memory of Joelle Lawson: 1986-2004 A great friend to all. Rest in peace my friend.
In memory of Roscoe Brown: a loving grandfather who always tried to give his best for his family.

#3 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:12 AM

Is this from the upcoming Botcon? If so, I think it's the one figure out of the set i want. While I wished this figure was a mass release figure, or maybe a club store exclusive, I can understand why they went with a Botcon exclusive. Very cool figure, which I'm happy the made a reality somehow.

#4 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43361 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(Tien85 @ Apr 12 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That looks pretty decent, like it was pictured in the '06 comic. Sucks though that it's a Botcon figure. Wonder if FP will ever get to do the rest of the Predacons?

Well there are no Scout molds at all yet, I'm sure there must be at least one yet to be revealed. Maybe they'll use the Backstop mold since that was also a toy one of the Neo Predacons were based upon.

#5 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5072 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:28 AM

icon-megs.gif Damn all you Botcon atendees *shakes fist* icon-megs.gif
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#6 Jeremy

Jeremy

Gargo 220 or something

• Retired Staff
  • 23660 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:43 AM

Looks good, a lot like the version I digibashed while the Cybertron toyline was in full swing. Like on the Elite Guard guys, I'm not so into the new faction symbols, but those could probably be removed and covered up on this toy.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#7 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:50 AM

I'm curious if he will appear somehow in this year's fiction, or if, like Alpha Trion among the Classics toys, he will be the odd-bot-out, not appearing in that fiction. After all, we know this is the form of Razorclaw in the far post-Beast Machines future of Cybertron. You don't think he goes back in time and tries to change the course of the first days of the Great War do you?

Oh well, I least I have the Classic Legends version of the toy from Target. It's like a mini-Botcon toy now.

Edited by mignash, 12 April 2009 - 07:55 AM.

#8 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 8850 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:55 AM

Hmm...probably one I'll skip once he goes up on eBay. No big - I'll have trouble enough getting all the guys from the main set sans Scourge.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#9 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43361 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

Oh well, I least I have the Classic Legends version of the toy from Target. It's like a mini-Botcon toy now.

Yeah, I am happy enough with my Legends Razorclaw too. I do hope they'll do an Ultra sized Trypticon repaint of the Cyberton Scourge at some point.

#10 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15377 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

Well, this should make quite a few folks happy. I remember quite a few members stating that a Razorclaw made from this mold would be well worth the price they'd hafta pay for it if it was made by the club, now they can put their money where their mouth is. icon-fire.gif

And no, this isn't a bash to those folks, I'm genuinely happy for them. icon-ironhide.gif

edit: Spelling

Edited by Robogeek1973, 12 April 2009 - 08:11 AM.

#11 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Apr 12 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I am happy enough with my Legends Razorclaw too. I do hope they'll do an Ultra sized Trypticon repaint of the Cyberton Scourge at some point.

I'd be happy with more Legends that resemble Botcon toys.

Let's see a Legends Alpha Trion, SG Starscream, Pre-Beast Wars Megatron, etc. I don't think anyone would have a problem with re-creating Botcon toys in mini-versions. It wouldn't violate the convention exclusivity at all.

#12 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(Robogeek1973 @ Apr 12 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, this should make quite a few folks happy. I remember quite a few members stating that a Razorclaw made from this mold would be well worth the price they'd hafta pay for it if it was made by the club, now they can put their money where their mouth is. icon-fire.gif

And no, this isn't a bash to those folks, I'm genuinely happy for them. icon-ironhide.gif

If it's attendee exclusive it will be pretty hard to get ahold of pretty quick. Have you seen how much a pre-Beast Wars Megatron sells for today If you can find it? The last one sold on ebay for $450, and only ONE has even been listed in the last 3 months, that one. I hope Fun Pub makes a LOT of this guy, because there will be a big demand.

Edited by mignash, 12 April 2009 - 08:23 AM.

#13 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15377 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(mignash @ Apr 12 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it's attendee exclusive it will be pretty hard to get ahold of pretty quick. Have you seen how much a pre-Beast Wars Megatron sells for today If you can find it? The last one sold on ebay for $450, and only ONE has even been listed in the last 3 months, that one. I hope Fun Pub makes a LOT of this guy, because there will be a big demand.

Yeah that's my point. Since Razorclaw first appeared in the Botcon comic lots of folks have been clamoring for him from the club, many stating he'd totally be worth the higher club prices. Personally I can't justify paying the price this thing will eventually go for seeing as how it's only a mediocre mold, but it'll be interesting to see how high the aftermarket prices go for this guy.

#14 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 7380 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(mignash @ Apr 12 2009, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On a similar note, Alpha Trion goes fairly cheap and Shattered Glass Megatron is easily in the 100s.

The more I see, the more I'm hugging pissed I can't go. I'm pissed enough I had to cancel my registration/hotel/etc... to pay for a colonoscopy. Seeing the figures makes it worse.

I almost want to start purging my collection just to buy Razorclaw, Leozack, Scourge, and Kup. I'll do some crazy trades if anyone wants to broker a deal. I've got all the g1 combiners, and most of the large Post g1 Japanese figures (Victory, Battlestars, Zone).

Edited by Solarstorm, 12 April 2009 - 08:41 AM.

"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#15 Detour

Detour

People.... What a bunch of bastards!

• Supporter
  • 19966 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

Feh.

I'd be willing to pay the retail price for this toy, but not Botcon prices. That mold is not worth it, regardless of the character it represents.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#16 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8620 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Apr 12 2009, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.tfw2005.c...se-repaint.html
Hey, notice the Neo Predacon insignia on Razorclaw's shoulders? I wonder how he works into the Wings of Honor storyline if at all.

It probably doesn't fit into the Wings of Honor storyline at all, like Alpha Trion didn't fit into the Games of Deception story.

#17 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:51 AM

So does this mean the only "original" character at Botcon will be Landshark? All the others are homages to G1 characters? Oh well, i have the original Razorclaw, the Beast Wars Crab and Mutant, the Universe Tigerhawk repaint, the Cybertron Mini-Con Jet, the Legends, and the Shattered Glass Mini-Con. It would be nice to have the newest version, but I doubt I can afford it.

Edited by mignash, 12 April 2009 - 08:53 AM.

#18 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Strike with the hammer of justice!

• Supporter
  • 38491 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

Probably my favorite of what's been found so far, but overall, I'm not really regretting missing this set.

#19 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 39476 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

It's not much of a change, but I'm surprised how much I like the black and the red reversed like that.

#20 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 33505 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:29 AM

If this has the Prime head (a bit unlikely unless they actually got first dibs) or a new mold head (A bit more likely) I'll definatly want it. Razorclaw is one of my favorite Decepticons, and Legends is just too small for him.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno