Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 September 2020 - 04:20 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov to RUN

@  Bass X0 : (29 September 2020 - 03:15 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov or the Jaboody Show guys to dub over WFC with voices and personalities more in line with the 80s cartoon. That means no more jerk Bumblebee.

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

Photo
- - - - -

Nightbeat Knock-Off?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#21 Might Gaine

Might Gaine

ARMS UP!! \(^_^)/

• Retired Staff
  • 12896 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(Specimen-17 @ Jan 15 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because they're still legitimate figures in G1 packaging. And vintage, but just not as vintage.

True. Also, because newbies don't know the difference icon-hotrod.gif

Sign up at ToyStoreUpdates.com to get email updates when new Transformers come into stock at Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, and Hasbro Toy Shop.

#22 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8877 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE(Detective Fork @ Jan 15 2009, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
since even loose versions are expensive and hard to come by, at least in my searching.

really? *hugs his complete, though out of package nightbeat close*
When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#23 Specimen-17

Specimen-17

In case of emergency, break dance

• Supporter
  • 8079 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

That too. I think the inclusion of a Taiwanese Hubcap was at least partially responsible for my nabbing of a very cheap bundle of MOSC Minibots on eBay, all of which were originals but had been bootlegged. Works both ways sometimes!

#24 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12960 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(Specimen-17 @ Jan 15 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because they're still legitimate figures in G1 packaging. And vintage, but just not as vintage.

I certainly don't dispute that. Perhaps I should have added, since they're apparently not as rare as previously supposed?

#25 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17209 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:26 PM

If anything, I would expect them to go for much less, because they could be popularly perceived to be bootlegs, which would lower what people would be willing to pay for them.

*reads article* .....huh, so all those Chinese-boxed Breastforce dudes aren't KOs either. The More You Know.

#26 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12960 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Jan 15 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anything, I would expect them to go for much less, because they could be popularly perceived to be bootlegs, which would lower what people would be willing to pay for them.

Gets a bit to what I'm talking about, although for those that no known bootleg actually exists, that perception is easily combatted. And, really, these not only LOOK authentic, but actually ARE.

Now, if the KO folks that have been doing the other "authentic looking, but high-priced" KOs start moving into, say, Nightbeat territory, I'm sure there will be a reaction in terms of expected resale value.

If nothing else, as it stands, there's no new supply flooding the market. It's just that there are more out there than previously assumed (not that I had a particular number in mind...).

#27 (Deactivated) Ataru

(Deactivated) Ataru
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

You have a point, although it might have been stronger if any of the "helmet" examples you cited in the last paragraph had toys with helmets that were actually separate pieces from the rest of the head. (Not to mention the picture of Nightbeat's head on the box that is clearly "yellow part only")

I can see it. It's part of Nightbeat's G1 "gimmick" that the helmet detaches and turns into a seat for the Headmaster and driver. Presumably, if he updated his body, he might no longer have a need for this helmet/seat since the inside of the car may be configured differently. Moreover, he no longer has a Headmaster/driver.

However, the head on the TFCC version still looks like it's wearing the helmet, instead of resembling the helmetless head of the original toy, so...it's not a debate I wanna get into. I'll just say I can see both sides of the argument, and then run away screaming and flailing. icon-fire.gif Possibly on fire.

#28 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12960 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(Ataru @ Jan 15 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have a point, although it might have been stronger if any of the "helmet" examples you cited in the last paragraph had toys with helmets that were actually separate pieces from the rest of the head. (Not to mention the picture of Nightbeat's head on the box that is clearly "yellow part only")

I can see it. It's part of Nightbeat's G1 "gimmick" that the helmet detaches and turns into a seat for the Headmaster and driver. Presumably, if he updated his body, he might no longer have a need for this helmet/seat since the inside of the car may be configured differently. Moreover, he no longer has a Headmaster/driver.

However, the head on the TFCC version still looks like it's wearing the helmet, instead of resembling the helmetless head of the original toy, so...it's not a debate I wanna get into. I'll just say I can see both sides of the argument, and then run away screaming and flailing. icon-fire.gif Possibly on fire.

Walky's not entirely (or even largely) wrong. The whole thing started because I 1) was admittedly trying to find justification for the toy as it was, and 2) apparently don't have quite the affection for the "ears" that others do.

If nothing else, I just insist that there are multiple ways of interpreting the data we've been given that are equally valid (and let's not start arguing that all possible interpretations are equally valid. Even I think that's just crazy talk.).

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 15 January 2009 - 02:53 PM.

#29 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

Look, I just want acknowledgment of my awesome pun.

#30 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12960 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(The Walky @ Jan 15 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did have to chime in again! You were Night-baiting me!

Consider it acknowledged (in all honestly, I missed this entirely the first time. Not just the pun, but the whole post)

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 15 January 2009 - 03:58 PM.

#31 Darkwing

Darkwing
  • Validating
  • 1795 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(The Walky @ Jan 15 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You were Night-baiting me!

I don't get it! lol j/k

No really, I don't get it. icon-blitz.gif

#32 (Deactivated) Smitty

(Deactivated) Smitty
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:44 AM

In regard to the helmet vs head debate I would like to site the case on IDW Megatron.

Edited by Smitty, 17 January 2009 - 09:53 AM.

#33 Detective Fork

Detective Fork

Generic Purple Wavey Avatar

• Citizen
  • 3001 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

Thank you all for making me feel a lot better about this purchase! That page about the foreign Hasbro releases was very helpful. It's looks like I (will) have one of those Nightbeats. I'll confirm it once he arrives. I'm not bothered at all by having a real Nightbeat that was released a little later. My main concern is that the toy is up to the quality of Hasbro's version released in the States and elsewhere. I'd even take a bootleg if it was the same quality, but that has never been the case in my experience.

I wonder if the mold for Nightbeat still exists. It'd be awesome if Takara reissued him, along with a reissue of Minerva. I wish the reissues would include more Transformers post-1986. I want some Pretenders, Headmasters, etc.

#34 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 35042 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE(maximus prime3 @ Jan 15 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Smitty @ Jan 15 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure what G1 boxes looked liked back then but this one seems fishy to me. Also what's with the yellow head? Bidding has ended already so if you won I hope it's real.

wait...you got over 7,000 post and you been here since 04 and you do NOT know what a g1 box looks like.....that's pretty sad

Really?

#35 Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron
  • Citizen
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:47 PM

Thank you all for making me feel a lot better about this purchase! That page about the foreign Hasbro releases was very helpful. It's looks like I (will) have one of those Nightbeats. I'll confirm it once he arrives. I'm not bothered at all by having a real Nightbeat that was released a little later. My main concern is that the toy is up to the quality of Hasbro's version released in the States and elsewhere. I'd even take a bootleg if it was the same quality, but that has never been the case in my experience.

I wonder if the mold for Nightbeat still exists. It'd be awesome if Takara reissued him, along with a reissue of Minerva. I wish the reissues would include more Transformers post-1986. I want some Pretenders, Headmasters, etc.

Okay, I hate to bump an old thread but... I have a sealed on bubble Nightbeat and I'm trying to find out if it's the Chinese reissue or not. I do not have the box, but the headmaster is in the package sideways, unlike the original release. Did yours show up with Muzzle sideways? Or do I just have a weird packaging mistake/variant?

QUOTE(PlutoniumBoss @ May 7 2006, 10:09 PM)
It's the Law of Inverse Pirate/Ninja Effectiveness. Whereas a Lone Ninja is always superior to a Multitude of Ninjas, a Crew of Pirates is always more dangerous than a single Pirate.

What that means is as the numbers of both Pirate Transformers and Ninja Transformers increase, the advantage will inevitably start to fall towards the Pirates.

#36 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

Don't make me fight G.B. Blackrock again.

#37 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

I'd suggest some pictures. This is the sort of question that one of several experts around her could probably answer in minutes if they can see what they're dealing with.