Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (26 February 2020 - 02:13 AM)

Optimus Maximus, the mysterious titan of the Arisen, also Iaconus from Cyberverse.

@  TriBlurr : (25 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

I think the only other Titan class character that would interest me after Scoponok would be Tidal Wave

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 07:34 PM)

A Titan would have more room for other toys to hang out, assuming one has the table space for it.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Play wise which would be better a Commander Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside or a Titan Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 February 2020 - 01:53 PM)

I'd be interested in a deluxe or voyager Fort Max in Armada flashback red-and-green.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:49 AM)

I'd honestly be more interested in Commander-class Scorponok and Fort Max. I don't have the space for Titans.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 February 2020 - 10:44 AM)

Make Commander class city bots to annoy collectors too

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:43 AM)

Make two Broadsides. One Voyager-sized that only turns into a jet, and one Titan-sized that only turns into an aircraft carrier. Piss off everyone on both sides of the scale.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Since they seem to also go by the oh-so holy cartoon scale thing, he'd probably be a Commander Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 February 2020 - 10:34 AM)

Broadside is an aircraft carrier. He should probably be metroplex sized.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:21 AM)

Broadside's more of a Commander Class.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 04:47 AM)

I think Broadside should be the next Titan Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2020 - 09:38 PM)

I tan nicely! But also have a family history of cancer... so... yeah, pasty for me it is.

@  Otaku : (23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM)

I really do begin to get sunburned after about 5 minutes of direct exposure, nowadays.  Side effect of already being pasty then going on a particular medication.  Yay?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2020 - 01:36 PM)

It makes me burn. Accursed daystar.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 February 2020 - 01:33 PM)

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy....

@  Vexwing : (22 February 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I watched L.I.L.Y.Cat on there a while back, it was surprisingly good.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2020 - 08:47 PM)

@Dekafox, no DTP, but they DO have LILY Cat ;)

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 08:46 PM)

For me, it's "chocolate therapy".

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 08:32 PM)

Tonight dough owns my soul.

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 07:28 PM)

Stupid, delicious Ben & Jerry's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 06:42 PM)

Ahh. I remember watching Bubblegum Crisis 2020 or whatever.

@  Dekafox : (21 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

Next you'll say they have Dominion Tank Police and L.I.L.Y.Cat

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 February 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Bubblegum Crisis, going by several shouts down.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 05:38 PM)

BGC?

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Enjoy the fudgy icing of this Hostess Cup Cake!

@  Telly : (21 February 2020 - 02:31 PM)

harlock is on tubi as well. not dubbed though :(

@  Rhinox42 : (21 February 2020 - 01:19 PM)

Blugh, the english dub of BGC is atrocious.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:44 PM)

And now I know and now I know and now I know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:31 PM)

Oh, oh, people can you hear me? People can you hear me? People can you hear me?

@  Echowarrior : (20 February 2020 - 06:39 PM)

Let me go-o-o-o!

@  Telly : (20 February 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Galileo Galileo!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Very very fright-ning me!

@  Sabrblade : (20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM)

*thunder and lightning*

@  ▲ndrusi : (20 February 2020 - 03:46 PM)

Ah, ah, ah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Already did. It didn't take long.

@  Dekafox : (19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM)

Count Zero?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 February 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Oh boy, here we go.

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:34 PM)

Or do Japan's cultural values vary depending on exactly who you're trying to shut down?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Could it be that, perhaps, these different cultural values might lead to a different approach seeming appropriate?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Hm. Back when we were arguing about the Legends comic, I seem to recall being repeatedly told that Japan had different cultural values than the US (and therefore anyone who had a problem with anything at all was wrong to voice that opinion ever).

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:23 AM)

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, every single anime character is built to suit the audience's tastes so they buy more merch/do other things that allow $$$ to flow in the production committees direction, so the authenticity is certainly not for representation's sake.

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Both those anime air at midnight and are aimed at a very specific audience in a whole other media landscape. Major projects have press releases about almost everything, and there are groups just waiting to pat anybody on the back for doing what they want (GLAAD, HRC, etc)

@  B-Fox : (19 February 2020 - 03:16 AM)

It's funny that a friggin' anime about zombie idols and an anime about a school of anthropomorphic animals can have really positive trans characters WITHOUT a press release about their inclusion in the series prior to the episodes airing or having the creators announcing it on social media and patting themselves on the back for doing a thing.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2020 - 10:26 PM)

Vegan meat needs bacon

@  Paladin : (18 February 2020 - 08:43 PM)

vegan meat must taste delicious. they're grass-fed and regularly exercised....

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Vegans are better than kids if you don't talk to them. They'll keep the lawn trimmed anyway.

Photo

Batman: The Brave and the Bold

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
505 replies to this topic

#1 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9729 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:51 PM

The new Batman cartoon, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, debuts tonight on Cartoon Network at 8 Eastern Time. I think it looks to be an incredibly fun show, and as it features the animation debut of Jaime Reyes aka Blue Beetle (the third and current one), it is a must watch for me. He just had his relentlessly-awesome comic canceled, so perhaps this show can help soothe my RAGE/SADNESS over that news.

Here's the series trailer:

Edited by Kil, 18 November 2011 - 06:31 PM.

#2 (Deactivated) Chimeran

(Deactivated) Chimeran
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

I just finished watching this on Teletoon, and while I think Jaime was a little out of character at points, overall I was pretty damn pleased. This series looks like it's going to be some serious cheesy, awesome fun!

I'll leave comprehensive reviews to people that aren't as easily pleased as myself.

Please, please inspire series-saving sales boost...

#3 (Deactivated) Smitty

(Deactivated) Smitty
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:08 PM

So far I love the music. Is this really how they want to start the show? the JLA is already up and.... WTF and the ameba looking things? OK it's the first break and I'm not sure yet...

#4 (Deactivated) Smitty

(Deactivated) Smitty
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

Batman just smiled... icon-primal.gif

And said "All hail the blue one"?

Bob Kane says no!

#5 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17181 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

I like this Batman. They're trying a little too hard to capture the "giant typewriter"-era Batman in places (i.e. the big vat labeled ACID), but I definitely like the new tech gimmick for Batman and his wry personality.

"Or. Um. Retired."

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#6 (Deactivated) Mr.Blisterfists

(Deactivated) Mr.Blisterfists
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

Batman CAN breathe in Space!

#7 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9729 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(Chimeran @ Nov 14 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just finished watching this on Teletoon, and while I think Jaime was a little out of character at points, overall I was pretty damn pleased.

Yeah, Cartoon!Jaime obviously isn't exactly the same as Comics!Jaime, which was to be expected. But I was happy with this version.

I totally wanted to shout "YAY PACO!" when I saw he was there, too. I had wondered if any of Jaime's supporting cast would make it into the show.

This series looks like it's going to be some serious cheesy, awesome fun!

Yep, a campy, fun Batman cartoon, with storytelling aimed at a younger audience, but still willing to use words like "killed" and "dead." I think its off to a pretty strong start.

Edited by Kil, 14 November 2008 - 09:23 PM.

#8 Dx3

Dx3

o_0

• Citizen
  • 1976 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:23 PM

AND.............. I missed it icon-wildride.gif I was trapped by the History channel.....
Photo Work and Customs

#9 (Deactivated) Mr.Blisterfists

(Deactivated) Mr.Blisterfists
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:35 PM

Really hope we see some teenaged heroes.

since this is targeting kids, I'm sure we likely will.

I really hope we get a chance to see Impulse.

#10 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52254 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

I liked it for what it was.

Is it going to surpass TAS as the definitive Batman? No, but it was still fun to watch.

card-strongarm.jpg

#11 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34604 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:33 AM

Green Arrow: What, have YOU never made a mistake?
Batman: Apparently I made one when I thought you could help me stop the Clock King.

#12 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Cynic-in-residence

• Supporter
  • 6492 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:30 AM

Is anybody uploading these?

XnIZN7T.jpg 

Shenanigans

Nonsense; mischief; often, a treacherous or deceitful trick.

#13 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9492 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:42 PM

Lordy, that was great. The humor was spot-on, the action sequences were orgasmic to the eyes, and the retro style works perfectly.

Here's an upload, for those who missed it.

Blue Beetle kinda throws me off, though. Compared to everyone else, he looks totally modern, and after getting so used to his portrayal in his excellent comic, I was not expecting Blue Beetle to basically be DC's answer to Ron Stoppable. Not that I mind that too much, as I liked Kim Possible and thought that show was funny and well done as well; just threw me off a little in the beginning.

Also, after watching this, I am again reminded of how much the animation in Transformers: Animated tends to dissapoint me compared to just about every other Cartoon Network action show made in the last five or six years. You don't get episodes with animation like 'Total Meltdown' in Teen Titans, Ben 10 (and Alien Force), Secret Saturdays, the Batman, and now this. Just kind of leaves me with 'animation envy', I suppose.
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#14 bistmbgxtc

bistmbgxtc
  • Citizen
  • 850 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

Like others have said this was a very fun cartoon very true to the 60's B&B. Somewhere Bob Haney is smiling.
Now with Facebook- www.facebook.com/sean.c.mclaughlin

www.comicbooksandwhatever.blogspot.com

#15 Ruler Bulon

Ruler Bulon
  • Citizen
  • 2411 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(Kil @ Nov 14 2008, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, a campy, fun Batman cartoon, with storytelling aimed at a younger audience, but still willing to use words like "killed" and "dead." I think its off to a pretty strong start.

Also, willing to reference "The Aristocrats". That made me choke on my Grape Crush.

I'm mean to the core...I got meanness oozing out of every pore.

#16 BHFlint

BHFlint

Bork!

• Retired Staff
  • 30666 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE(Ruler Bulon @ Nov 15 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Kil @ Nov 14 2008, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, willing to reference "The Aristocrats". That made me choke on my Grape Crush.

Wait, what?

This was pretty much awesome. Lots of clever humor, something to keep the adults happy as well as the kids, and Jaime's totally a Batman fanboy! It was really well done.

#17 Scout_

Scout_

Skyblitz!

• Citizen
  • 6466 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(Dr Fang @ Nov 16 2008, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait, what?

When Jamie's flipping through channels, one of them has a standup comedian saying "...it's called 'The Aristocrats.'"

I loved it. The humour was spot on, the opening was very delightfully Sprang-y, and it was just in general very fun.

#18 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 28435 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:40 AM

It is definitly not TAS. It is more....well the Adam West Batman but with some TAS feel to it. I'm not too sure about Batman's voice but it definitly works for this style of cartoon. The fact that they seem to be using some charactyers that haven't been seen in the DCAU actually makes me somewhat happy.

Ironbite-can't wait to see more.

xC9l3eY.gif

#19 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9729 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE(Scout_ @ Nov 16 2008, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Dr Fang @ Nov 16 2008, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait, what?

When Jamie's flipping through channels, one of them has a standup comedian saying "...it's called 'The Aristocrats.'"

Huh. I'm guessing only you Canadians got to hear that, because I just checked to be sure and in the version that aired on CN in the US, the comedian says "..to get to the other side."

#20 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15485 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:48 AM

Okay, from the before-episode bit on BM:TB&TB, this show looks like exactly the kind of show that Venture Bros is a parody of. It's ludicrous and absurd but thanks to taking no stops for explanations, it moves forward fast enough that show pulls it off. Kooky.

Beetle is very good. But I wish Ron Stoppable wasn't being typecast. Friendly Batman is.... disorienting. I hope all episodes are this adorable and there's none of the common "Let's make it more serious in season 3" - I have to wonder what percent of production crew this show shares with Legion.

Not bad, I sorta feel the silly nature of this show could work with ten minute segments. I'll watch it when it's on and I happen to be in the room, and nothing else is on, but I don't think I can see myself making time for this. Still, I might change my mind when Sinestro passes rings around.

This show takes place in the DCU and everybody who disagrees is basically Satan.
Woooo!