Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

His bulk is too great to teleport across such distances.

@  Sabrblade : (06 October 2019 - 11:09 AM)

Cuz it'll take that long to mass produce.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 October 2019 - 10:47 AM)

Why is Unicron coming in 2021 and not 2020?

@  wonko the sane? : (06 October 2019 - 06:47 AM)

Shut up rattrap.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 October 2019 - 11:58 PM)

We're all gonna die!

@  Rodimus Supreme : (05 October 2019 - 09:29 PM)

UNICRON GOT MADE, BOIS!!!

@  Trpodeca : (05 October 2019 - 07:19 AM)

They seem to be treating all the games with the same reverence.Even ReCoded, which was just an excuse to redo the first game again.

@  Trpodeca : (05 October 2019 - 07:18 AM)

For the first time in about eight years,I've played a Kingdom Hearts game.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 October 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Redjac Redjac Redjac

Photo
- - - - -

Is anyone going to see Clone Wars?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
128 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you going to see Clone Wars? (103 member(s) have cast votes)

In the theater...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9112 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

Ugh As much as you animation critics go, you guys can all kiss my backplate. I have no qualms over what the animation looks like. If they wanted to do a cross cgi/ Tartakovsky style, hey I'm not gonna say it's bs before I see the movie. For those of you slamming it cause of Georges involvement, I can't blame you since the prequels were pretty horrible. But considering the others on the project I wouldn't write it off right away.

Finally, yes it's aimed at the kids. Star Wars sells to the KIDS the most. It's not expected to be high cinema. Nevertheless the general public treats any Star Wars release like it should be a masterpiece. George based it off of old sci fi serial which were cornier then all heck. Why do we expect great acting. (though any scene between Portman and Christiansen in Ep III is bad).

All I'm going to expect going into the theatre is a fun adventure story set "ALTAIAGFFA.... " with all of them as animated as Jar Jar. The only thing that I'm fuming at is it not starting with the Fox Fanfare.

#42 MintBerryCrunch

MintBerryCrunch

Handling lasers by hand

• Citizen
  • 11078 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(Daith @ Aug 12 2008, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally, yes it's aimed at the kids. Star Wars sells to the KIDS the most. It's not expected to be high cinema.

Why can't it be? Why does it have to be dumbed down with bad writing, stereotypical characters, and played out jokes just because it's for kids? I think the "it's for kids" mentality is the reasoning that made the prequel movies so bad.
It's time to bring the crunch!

#43 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9112 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(Pigbag @ Aug 12 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally, yes it's aimed at the kids. Star Wars sells to the KIDS the most. It's not expected to be high cinema.

Why can't it be? Why does it have to be dumbed down with bad writing, stereotypical characters, and played out jokes just because it's for kids? I think the "it's for kids" mentality is the reasoning that made the prequel movies so bad.

Of course there's still no pleasing everyone is there icon-wildride.gif

#44 (Deactivated) Vicious

(Deactivated) Vicious
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:49 PM

And even then, there's plenty of stuff for kids that is well done, and everyone can enjoy.

This... is just crap.

#45 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39012 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(Vicious @ Aug 12 2008, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And even then, there's plenty of stuff for kids that is well done, and everyone can enjoy.

This... is just crap.

That is what I was thinking.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#46 Defunct

Defunct

Not to be funct with. . .

• Retired Staff
  • 26834 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:52 PM

I hate it when people say "you're not justified in saying this sucks because it's for kids". Pixar makes movies for "kids" too.
. . .

#47 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51983 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

Why does it have to be dumbed down with bad writing, stereotypical characters, and played out jokes

I think my question is why are you going to a Star Wars movie if you want something different from the above?

card-strongarm.jpg

#48 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9112 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:44 PM

Lol I think Blud gets it. Hey I may be one of the biggest SW geeks on here but even I know what we've gotten in the last few years sucks. I just hate how most are bad mouthing it cause it's got "Bad" Animation, it was "written" by Lucas, or is against anything outside the original movies (though that hasn't come up so much.).

I don't know, I think I'll stay out of the thread till the movie comes out and then judge my own reaction.

#49 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE(Daith @ Aug 12 2008, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Pigbag @ Aug 12 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course there's still no pleasing everyone is there icon-wildride.gif

Not when we're talking about what you're basically refering to as a movie that's being made poorly on purpose.

It's not just because Lucas is touching this that I don't want to go near, though to be honest I'm happy to finally not want to see something he's working on, but to me it's just the art. And you can see the art just fine from the trailer. Sitting and watching the whole movie won't make it suck any less. That Dexter's Lab piece of jive animation should never have been allowed to taint these character designs and it makes what would have been a nice looking further installation to the mediocre prequel trilogy into an ugly piece of crap.

#50 The Jawa

The Jawa

Utinni!

• Citizen
  • 4188 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:34 PM

Not when we're talking about what you're basically refering to as a movie that's being made poorly on purpose.

Um, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it's "poorly made". Not by a long shot.

/sarcasmon ... Oh noes, stylized animation. How could they do that to a popular kids line? /sarcasmoff

Lucas doesn't have much to do with this beyond producing and creating the universe.. In short, he didn't write this NOR direct it. He wandered around, "Yep looks good, nope more explodey".

You don't like it, your burned out on the series... that's all well and good. Don't condemn something you haven't seen. And by statement, won't. Nerd rage over a stylized form of animation , and Lucas being involved; is just that. Nerd rage.

I'll see it Friday THEN and only THEN will I determine if it sucks or not. But for the moment... I'm rather pleased by everything I've read and seen concerning it. They story looks enjoyable. Always did lack the nerd rage gene. I usually find something I like about most things.

** You in this post is in reference to the general populance. Not an individual.**
-~- The Jawa -~-

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies..."

#51 (Deactivated) Antimonitor

(Deactivated) Antimonitor
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

Option #4 - Not a Star Wars fan, never have been a Star Wars fan, not going to see this.

#52 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39012 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

Well, They aren't playing this in the two local IMAX movies, so I will check this out here in town this Saturday.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#53 Stormrave

Stormrave

Decepticon Field Commander

• Retired Staff
  • 21315 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(Jealous Beauty @ Aug 12 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hard to root for the Jedi and the Republic when they knowingly use genetically engineered slaves to fight their wars. Great morality there, George!

Yes, which is why I'm a Clone fan, not a Jedi fan icon-hotrod.gif
Pilot, Writer, Decepticon

http://www.fictorian...ns/mary-pletsch

#54 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(The Muse @ Aug 13 2008, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it's "poorly made". Not by a long shot.

/sarcasmon ... Oh noes, stylized animation. How could they do that to a popular kids line? /sarcasmoff
I'm not saying this because I don't like the art. I'm simple arguing with the often used excuse about Star Wars movies that is that they're based on jivey old pulpy serials, and so they don't need to be any good. A genre does not make a movie bad. It's the same excuse people tried to use to excuse Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Nuked Fridge for being poor.

Lucas doesn't have much to do with this beyond producing and creating the universe.. In short, he didn't write this NOR direct it. He wandered around, "Yep looks good, nope more explodey".
So... that don't have much bearing on what I see with my own eyes.

You don't like it, your burned out on the series... that's all well and good. Don't condemn something you haven't seen.
I saw the trailer, saw the art, and have discounted based on that art. I am not discounting it based on it's apparently poor story, but based on the part I can in every way judge from the trailer footage.

Nerd rage over a stylized form of animation , and Lucas being involved; is just that. Nerd rage.
You keep saying "stylized" like it's just another excuse for something being ugly.

I'll see it Friday THEN and only THEN will I determine if it sucks or not.

Good for you. I have neither the time or money to waste on something I have no reason to believe will be good on an level.

#55 The Jawa

The Jawa

Utinni!

• Citizen
  • 4188 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

I'd argue... but... I don't really feel the need to elaborate. Given you clearly seem to think it's your way or no way.

I'll be having fun, giving it a chance. Whether I see it movie, DVD or the upcoming TV series.
-~- The Jawa -~-

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies..."

#56 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7941 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

I loved the art in the Clone Wars animated cartoons, and the style DOES translate well to 3-d (see the statues made of SW and other movie characters in the same style) This film eschews this for something a little blended of the animated style with wannabe live action. What we ended up with is lackluster CG models with terrible TERRIBLE texturing. On top of that, we're getting TV quality animation (I'm not talking about models, textures, style or shading, but the actual animation) and 3 half-hours intended for individual airings crammed together to be a "movie".

I've also been told there is a character named "Stinky the Hutt" tht should be reason enough to avoid this thing like the plague.

#57 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6268 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE('aDam')
QUOTE('The Muse')
Nerd rage over a stylized form of animation , and Lucas being involved; is just that. Nerd rage.
You keep saying "stylized" like it's just another excuse for something being ugly.

This? This is hideous. When I go to see an animated film I shouldn't be compelled to avert my eyes from the screen at all costs. It's not nerd rage, it's a perfectly understandable complaint. Likewise, is "Lucas is involved" that silly of a concern? The guy's track record is pretty damn terrible as of late. It's not something that would make me avoid a film outright, but if I'm not too wild about a film knowing he's involved isn't exaclty comforting.

QUOTE('The Muse')
I'll see it Friday THEN and only THEN will I determine if it sucks or not.

You don't necessarily have to see something to know it's going to be bad or something you'll dislike.

#58 Moonbaseone

Moonbaseone

YO JOE!!!!

• Citizen
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

I don't really care to see it at the movies. I will probably rent it on DVD but I won't be seeing it on the big screen.

Please visit FavoriteToons.com - your COMPLETE Cartoon Online resource.

And check out PlanetCybertron.com for The Transformers

By - Moonbaseone

#59 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(The Muse @ Aug 13 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd argue... but... I don't really feel the need to elaborate. Given you clearly seem to think it's your way or no way.

If I didn't, I wouldn't have a good reason for it being my way. Or sorry if you consider the fact that Internet arguing isn't swaying my opinion to be a form of stubbornness.

I've educated myself and I don't want to see it. If I gave every jivey movie that came out a chance, I'd spend most of my nights at the theatre, and I would be even more bitter and angry than I am today.

#60 MatrixPrime

MatrixPrime

Husband, Father, Front-End Web/Comms Guy, Podcaster

• Citizen
  • 15310 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:54 AM

I'll pass.

IaconMedia.com - broadcasting new and archived podcasts

Want to play games? Let's go!

• Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-0088-4646-0809
  • XBOX Live ID: Matrix_Prime