Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo

Geek Mecca in my game room.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43589 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

One long and frustrating trip to ikea, a dozen trips up and down the stairs, hours spent threading wires and way more heavy lifting that should happen on a saturday that I'm not actually moving some one, and my game room is ready.

So, the story is simple. We had a futon in our spare room where I had set up my high def TV and a few of my game systems. We bought A TV stand and a coffee table at a garage sale, and used some of the spare furniture from around the house to set up my game room. We threw up some shelves, put up some pictures and posters and it was cool.

Then the cat started pissing on the futon. Okay, fine, she's on meds and we were warned her condition might make her piss a bit. Every once in a great while, one of us would sit in it. Okay, no big deal. I was having a bad day, sat in it and we threw the futon out. We dragged out the camp chairs, and they were fine... till the cheap plastic feet broke and started chewing up the floor, so we threw those out and made a trip to ikea. We got us a new futon. It's big enough to sit three rather large individuals.

But in the process, I bought a wall unit. It was a spur of the moment thing, and it just kinda happened, but there we are. So it took like three hours to get everything hooked up, but the final tally is:

Nintendo
Super nintendo
Nintendo 64
Wii
Sega master system
Sega dreamcast
Psone
Playstation 2
X-box
X-box 360

and except for the original playstation (which is redundant, but so is the PSone which is coming out to free up a box) it's also ALL my non-portable systems. As well as holding every console game and system I own, my huge TV and a box dedicated to my Starship troopers bug, it's also got the sum total of both mine AND my brother's DVD collections.

The room is much smaller now, but hot damn is it impressive. I'll take a picture tomorrow, cus right now I gotta make the comic.

And the final tally for this kick ass new game room: 708 dollars.

By bank account weeps, but it should be the last major expenditure for a couple of months.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 26 July 2008 - 09:47 PM.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#2 Alex Smith

Alex Smith
  • Validating
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:50 PM

Sweet. I just got my room set up the way I wanted it a few weeks ago, but now I have to take some furniture out of it. All of those wires...

#3 tec

tec

Shhhh or she will take your yubi's

• Supporter
  • 32717 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:52 PM

Keep going your only half way cought up to me icon-fire.gif

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#4 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:16 AM

You know you want to slide a brand new PS3 in there. It beckons to you.

As for me, I have an extremely cramped operation due to the fact that most shelf space goes to figures and anime dvds, so I only have one system hooked up(which is why backwards compatilbility on earlier PS3's was a huge plus for me.) To be honest though, I haven't even considered hauling out my Genesis and NES in almost a decade, and even my ps1 games haven't seen play in a long long time.

Someday I'll upgrade to a hdtv. Right now I use a 27 inch standard, which was fine up to the point when current generation games started coming out with text and such that was hard to see on it. Since my computer desk is caddycorner to my tv, I just keep a set of component cables handy to bridge over to my smaller 22" high definition tv/monitor when needed. When you're at typing distance, the screen is plenty big enough.

I guess you could count my pc itself as part of my gaming setup, as that probably acccounts for about 50% of what I play. It's quite good enough to play most current generation games without problems, though I mostly slum it with bargain games.

#5 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43589 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(crazyjw18 @ Jul 28 2008, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know you want to slide a brand new PS3 in there. It beckons to you.

*closes his eyes and listens carefully*

kill me...

Nope, I guess it's not beckoning me.

#6 gwynn

gwynn

squirt

• Citizen
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

Pics or it didn't happen!

#7 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43589 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

Yeah, I need to, but between "strangers wrath" and work, I ain't done it yet. Tonight, maybe.

#8 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40293 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

Sounds neat. I can't wait to see the pics of it.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#9 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43589 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:32 PM

Okay, finally got to it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0334.jpg

#10 gwynn

gwynn

squirt

• Citizen
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:02 PM

Thats a very nice setup, you even have space to put in more shelves if you wanna.

#11 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4901 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:22 PM

Replace the Master System with a Mega Drive (Or Genesis as you North Americans call it) and then it'll be truly awesome.

Edited by Liege, 28 July 2008 - 05:22 PM.

QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#12 lordtaco

lordtaco

Roll that beautiful bean footage!

• Supporter
  • 2563 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:24 PM

The date on the photo is conspicuously wrong. The Wii didn't come out until November 2006 yet the photo is dated January 2006.

#13 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43589 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

I suspect it has more to do with my brother's inability to use his camera properly rather than the date itself. I also used to have a Mega drive (genesis), but it died years ago and I have yet to replace it. I due have a nomad kicking around, but it gets little use.

#14 HeyMickey

HeyMickey
  • Supporter
  • 5466 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Jul 28 2008, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suspect it has more to do with my brother's inability to use his camera properly rather than the date itself. I also used to have a Mega drive (genesis), but it died years ago and I have yet to replace it. I due have a nomad kicking around, but it gets little use.

You should send that Nomad to me for safekeeping.

#15 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43589 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(HeyMickey @ Jul 28 2008, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Jul 28 2008, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should send that Nomad to me for safekeeping.

Oh, right. Sure, just send me your address and I'll get right on it. icon-hotrod.gif