Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 September 2020 - 04:20 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov to RUN

@  Bass X0 : (29 September 2020 - 03:15 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov or the Jaboody Show guys to dub over WFC with voices and personalities more in line with the 80s cartoon. That means no more jerk Bumblebee.

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

Photo

Wii best selling console in North America

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#41 Maxx Blast

Maxx Blast

Formerly Invincible.

• Citizen
  • 5318 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(Crazy Drummer? @ Jul 18 2008, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im curious what you mean by this "I just said they gave up on the gamer market"

whats the "gamer market"?

Late teens to 20something males. Most disposable income, most time, least responsibility, easiest to appeal to.

Basically, the group that makes the truly good M rated games into the juggernauts of the industry.
Team Fortress 2 Weapons Found: 3 Axtinguishers, 2 Ambassadors, 2 Flare Gun, The Dead Ringer, Sandman, Ubersaw, Sandvich, Natascha

#42 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9648 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(Invincible M @ Jul 18 2008, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Crazy Drummer? @ Jul 18 2008, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im curious what you mean by this "I just said they gave up on the gamer market"

whats the "gamer market"?

Late teens to 20something males. Most disposable income, most time, least responsibility, easiest to appeal to.

Basically, the group that makes the truly good M rated games into the juggernauts of the industry.

If anything they are trying to widen the gamer market by not selling to one specific demographic. I know most of you guys see the gamer market is limited to what Invincible said, but Nintendo was smart enough business wise to realize that targeting the larger market could get more cash. Thats what the threads about, not which systems better, what games better, or even what internet services they offer.

Sure I'm not saying it's a great move towards our demographic, it sucks cause Nintendo is more about pleasing everyone than focusing on a awesome title ap to keep us 20 somethings thrilled. But it was a smart business move despite how you look at it. It's essentially the same move Square-Enix just did with FF XIII. Why focus on one market when there is another part of the market that is willing to try my product out that we haven't exploited yet.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#43 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40590 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:49 PM

It's a broad term, I'll grant you that, so let me redefine what I meant.

Nintendo has given up trying to compete for the demographic of Males aged 14-30. They have focused on a larger broader appeal, and you can tell from the numbers, it's working for them. They are trying to go after the casual gamer by focusing on mini-game games, light gun games, and exercise/sport games. Sure, they still have Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Brawl, but what else? What else is coming? They seem to be more focused on getting out Wiiresort and WiiMusic rather than develop a new IP(or revive an older one) to target the traditional Gamer market.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#44 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36809 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

Pikmin 3 is coming to Wii, for a revival IP. And MS is starting to follow Nintendo's lead by expanding into more casual gaming; getting into Avatars and their game channel with 1 vs 100, being able to share pictures with friends, and watching Netflix from your Xbox as well. Then they is stuff like You're in the Movies, Scene it, Lips, and other such titles. "Hey, We can do Casual too!" is the big thing I got from MS's E3 presentation.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#45 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40590 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(Database @ Jul 18 2008, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pikmin 3 is coming to Wii, for a revival IP. And MS is starting to follow Nintendo's lead by expanding into more casual gaming; getting into Avatars and their game channel with 1 vs 100, being able to share pictures with friends, and watching Netflix from your Xbox as well. Then they is stuff like You're in the Movies, Scene it, Lips, and other such titles. "Hey, We can do Casual too!" is the big thing I got from MS's E3 presentation.

Yeah, but meanwhile, Soul Caliber 4, Too Human, Halo Wars, Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and Gears of War 2 coming on the 360 in the next 9 months.

#46 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36809 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

I wouldn't count Force Unleashed, as its coming to Wii as well. And only three of these did they give any time to in their presentation, before going into and spending the rest of the time, about how they are going Casual. Ending with an almost boring Squeenix presentation until the announcement of FF13 for 360.

Also for Wii, there is Dead Rising (Which someone mentioned Wii'd never get), Mad World, Deadly Creatures, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and Star Wars Clone Wars. Which people seem to over look just so they can say "HA HA Nintendo's got nothing coming!"

Edited by Database, 18 July 2008 - 04:04 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#47 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40590 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(Database @ Jul 18 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't count Force Unleashed, as its coming to Wii as well. And only three of these did they give any time to in their presentation, before going into and spending the rest of the time, about how they are going Casual. Ending with an almost boring Squeenix presentation until the announcement of FF13 for 360.

Also for Wii, there is Dead Rising (Which someone mentioned Wii'd never get), Mad World, Deadly Creatures, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and Star Wars Clone Wars. Which people seem to over look just so they can say "HA HA Nintendo's got nothing coming!"

I actually enjoyed the other SE games, I'll definitely be checking up on them later on.

Force Unleashed, IIRC, is a scaled down version of what the game truly is. Dead Rising looks like it could be fun, depending on how they pull it off. I haven't seen or head anything about Mad world or Deadly Creatures, and Clone wars looked like another movie tie game to me.