Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo

Sony E3 Press Conference

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#21 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9547 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE(Zyking @ Jul 16 2008, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Database @ Jul 16 2008, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Losing KH3 exclusivity would be a pretty big hit to Sony and a bigger one the the Sony-Square fanboys.

Actually, I have never heard that many people talk about KH3 being a PS3 exclusive. I was under the impression that the title is considered/rumored widely to be a multiplatform release.

Then again, Disney and Sony seems to be good pals........

Don't you guys remember. The next game is Mushroom Kingdom Hearts icon-blitz.gif icon-blitz.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• mush.jpg

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#22 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40293 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

Isn't the KH3 talk a little premature? Has Square Enix even said that they are making it yet?

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#23 tec

tec

Shhhh or she will take your yubi's

• Supporter
  • 32717 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:36 PM

Oh its being made along with a PSP game to tigh it all togather

I really want a big push in PSP games I love that system and hate to see devlopment fall on the wayside

I got the PS3 and I know the games will come I could careless about much of the online stuff if its there I will use it

DCU looks promosing I hope MAG works out the way its supposed to

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#24 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8598 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:42 AM

MAG could be interesting, but 1. There was no footage which means its likely way off from being released. 2. As awesome as a huge battlefield sounds... unless when you die you have to sit the rest of the round out, its going to be a huge zerg rush mess in actual practice.

Losting FFXIII as an exclusive sucks for Sony, no two ways bout it. It will be interesting to see what the sales ratio betwen the two consoles will be, assuming neither one gets exclusive content. But.. as a friend pointed out to me, the 360 is pretty much where most the RPG's are right now, even if the PS has been the series home for so long it wouldnt be a huge shock if the game sales better on the 360.

#25 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14629 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(Murry the Evil Skull @ Jul 18 2008, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Losting FFXIII as an exclusive sucks for Sony, no two ways bout it. It will be interesting to see what the sales ratio betwen the two consoles will be, assuming neither one gets exclusive content. But.. as a friend pointed out to me, the 360 is pretty much where most the RPG's are right now, even if the PS has been the series home for so long it wouldnt be a huge shock if the game sales better on the 360.

Sqeenix needed to be on the 360 in the US. It just didn't make financial sense not
to be. I'm sure FF13 is costing them a whole lot to make, and releasing it on a
platform with the least support in the US isn't going to help them recoop their
expenses. I for one am glad I have the option of buying a Final Fantasy game again,
since the last one I bought for a console was VI (III).
Yep.

#26 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40293 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:41 AM

It sucks that FF13 won't be coming to the 360 in Japan though. It could really use the boost there.

#27 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8598 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:28 PM

I dont think theres much that can boost 360 in japan if it hasnt taken off yet. I mean its had plenty of time. The only way it would help the 360 take off in japan is if it was exclusive to the 360 in japan, and thats never going to happen the way things are.

Seems like Sony is taking this whole "10 years" thing too far. Like its an excuse to be lazy. home is way over due for what the project is.. Trophy support was talked of loooong before it got put into effect which is just insane for something so damn simple. Sony just keeps dragging their asses and letting everyone jog past em.

The shame is that its not like the system is lacking great titles. Its got them, but most of them are first time IP's and well.. people are more interested in sequals of series they know are good. Uncharted and Heavily sword are great games. Warhawk is fun as hell, a lot of the arcade games are really solid and while Ratchet and Clank is a sequal its sadly not a big enough series to drag people in. Sony really sould have focused on getting dev kits out EARLY and then giving Konami and Square uber support. Instead they dragged their asses there too and while from what i hear Sony does give really good support to cerain companies, it took them way to long to get around to it.

The funny thing is that thinkng back on it, i havnt liked a FF game since X. 11 was a really frustrating mmo with dashes of FF to hook players and 12.. well 12 just made me hate it the more i played it. Yet i was still really psyched for FF13. It was a huge loss of moral for Sony fans thats for sure, its funny how losing one game.. not even losing but having to share it.. crushed the confidence of so many fanboys. Seems like everyone was just kinda holding onto the idea that once FF13 was out the door the playing field would shift. Its not like they're wrong tho. If GTA4 and FF13 stayed PS3 only i dont think MS would ahead of Sony come a year from now.

Of course those things didnt happen and here we are. At this point I dunno if Sony really has a chance to pull out ahead, funny how one game can change things. This press conference certainl didnt do much to impress. And in the end it seems like all the woes can be placed on being slow. even the console price issue could have been a softer blow had they finished the blu-ray profile and gotten cell/blu-ray disc production costs down before having to mass manufacture the ps3 hardware. Maybe if they had we wouldnt have so many sku's and BC being pulled out.

coulda shoulda woulda i guess. Funny thing is that.. I still dont regret my purchase. I got the PS3 when it was 600 bucks and its given me a lot of fun. Its just kinda sad to see it struggling. Sometimes I wonder if this is how the Sega fans felt all the years that Sega got pummled and eventualy dropped outta the hardware business. Like theres a bunch of hidden fun to be had that people just dont realize, a sad secret that only people who took the plunge know about.

eh im rambling and acting out of character. ah well. whats the harm, eh?

#28 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26226 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(Murry the Evil Skull @ Jul 19 2008, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems like Sony is taking this whole "10 years" thing too far. Like its an excuse to be lazy. home is way over due for what the project is.. Trophy support was talked of loooong before it got put into effect which is just insane for something so damn simple. Sony just keeps dragging their asses and letting everyone jog past em.

Maybe it's not intuitive, but over the long haul, it might actually work. PS2 has a title in the U.S. top 10 right now, and it's still pushing hardware at the same price it was for a couple years, even long after the Gamecube dropped to $100 dollars.

This means that the PS2 can heavily subsidize the losses of the PS3, which allows casual gamers to get value-priced action on the PS2, while the core gamers, in theory at least, get a premium console for a bargain.

Sony was right about one thing. Microsoft doesn't have the original XBox around to subsidize XBox 360 losses. My bet is that Microsoft's cash-cow is XBox Live, which is going to become harder and harder to defend against Sony's free network offerings.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#29 awa64

awa64
  • Citizen
  • 12625 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE(D Buster Prime @ Jul 19 2008, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My bet is that Microsoft's cash-cow is XBox Live, which is going to become harder and harder to defend against Sony's free network offerings.

Free? Not really. A few months ago, Sony debuted "Qore," an "online magazine" that costs $3/month, and appears to be where Sony is going to be putting game demos and beta programs from here on out.

And while Sony may have free multiplayer game support, their matchmaking utilities are way behind Microsoft's, and their service doesn't give out free headsets with the console to make sure everyone on the network can use voice chat.

#30 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8598 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

And lets take a moment to thank Sony for that. Because its so nice when I play online and have to deal with far fewer idiots in voice chat. I can load up Warhawk or MGO and actualy play matches where I dont have to listen to what sounds like a 12 year old boy with his balls in a vice screaming at the top of his lungs about what super homofags we all are and how everyone else on the team is to blame whenever he gets killed.

yeah.. its just... its just really, really, great.

As for Qore. eh. i havnt seen anything change since Qore came out. People can still play for free online, unlike with live, and worst case senario one has to pay out 3$ for one issue to get what they want. Which given the alternatives (8$ months for 1 month of gold, or 10$ for one issue of PC gamer, ect) is hard to really balk at. Demos are still coming out. Content is still getting posted, ect ect. Thats not to say that things wont skew later down the road but.. right now pointing at it and saying its like how Live is segregated is pretty much crying wolf. You might want to wait until it actualy becomes what you think it is before trying to use it as a point against PSN.

#31 awa64

awa64
  • Citizen
  • 12625 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE(Murry the Evil Skull @ Jul 19 2008, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And lets take a moment to thank Sony for that. Because its so nice when I play online and have to deal with far fewer idiots in voice chat. I can load up Warhawk or MGO and actualy play matches where I dont have to listen to what sounds like a 12 year old boy with his balls in a vice screaming at the top of his lungs about what super homofags we all are and how everyone else on the team is to blame whenever he gets killed.

You do realize that the Xbox Live UI includes a mute button for individual players for precicely that reason, right?

You might want to wait until it actualy becomes what you think it is before trying to use it as a point against PSN.

What, you mean wait until it becomes Sony charging for something that's 100% free on Xbox Live? Uh... too late, it already is.

#32 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8598 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(awa64 @ Jul 19 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Murry the Evil Skull @ Jul 19 2008, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do realize that the Xbox Live UI includes a mute button for individual players for precicely that reason, right?

Yeah you keep playing big battle on Halo3 and have fun spending each match navigating the ui to mute the teeming masses of idiots.

Not having to deal with them > having to constantly go to the trouble of muting them ever match i play online.

You might want to wait until it actualy becomes what you think it is before trying to use it as a point against PSN.

What, you mean wait until it becomes Sony charging for something that's 100% free on Xbox Live? Uh... too late, it already is.

And what does Qore charge for that XBL dosnt? A few exclusive developer interviews? Wow, you know when you put it like that I can see how thats so much more horrible than having to pay twice as much just so I can play online with my friends. Damn Sony and their digital magazine for not giving me their content for free but otherwise not really inconviencing me in the least. I remember when I used to get OXM, PSM, and PC Gamer all deliverd to my front door ever month for free! Oh wait...

Trying to compare Qore to XBL is laughable at best, even more so when you try and claim its bigger ripoff than XBL Gold is.

#33 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:45 PM

So nothing really interesting announced, eh?

Shame, but oh well. I've got my nice lil 60 gigger with all the backwards compatibliity I could want, and a small backlog of ps2 games anyhow.

Resistance 2, I've known was coming already, and I shall be on it. The first one was loads of fun, especially in cooperative mode. Unlike Army of Two, which was fairly stressful, Resistance is a great game to spend a whole day on.

#34 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52590 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:53 PM

Maybe it's not intuitive, but over the long haul, it might actually work. PS2 has a title in the U.S. top 10 right now, and it's still pushing hardware at the same price it was for a couple years, even long after the Gamecube dropped to $100 dollars.

Which is thanks to the Wii being so popular and "weak"

If not for that Sony surely wouldn't be seeing the PS2 still getting the kind of support it has been from third parties.

card-strongarm.jpg

#35 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8598 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:06 PM

I'm just going to sit hear and chuckle to myself at that amazing bit of logic.

#36 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36723 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Murry the Evil Skull @ Jul 19 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
playing Halo3

Well there's your problem. [/Adam Savage]

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#37 awa64

awa64
  • Citizen
  • 12625 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(Murry the Evil Skull @ Jul 19 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And what does Qore charge for that XBL dosnt?

Demos and beta programs, like I said (and you ignored) in my previous post.

#38 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8598 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(awa64 @ Jul 20 2008, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Murry the Evil Skull @ Jul 19 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And what does Qore charge for that XBL dosnt?

Demos and beta programs, like I said (and you ignored) in my previous post.

So.. in other words nothing.

Becuse guess what. Qore members get first access to a few demos... just like how XBL Gold members get first access to a lot of demos!
And Qore members get access to some beta programs... just like XBL Gold Members get only access to some beta programs!

So yeah. Same, damn, thing. Cept we come back around to cost and system use crippling in which we seen PSN and Qore both coming out as better.

Of course seeing as 360 Live Gold is what.. 2.5 years old now and Qore is 2 months with a total of 1 beta and 1 exclusive demo.... The scales are just /slightly/ tipped towards Live Gold being far more daming than Qore probably ever will be.

Edited by Murry the Evil Skull, 20 July 2008 - 12:29 PM.

#39 awa64

awa64
  • Citizen
  • 12625 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(Murry the Evil Skull @ Jul 20 2008, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So.. in other words nothing.

No, in other words, "Demos and beta programs."

Becuse guess what. Qore members get first access to a few demos... just like how XBL Gold members get first access to a lot of demos!

Qore members get exclusive access to game demos. XBL Gold members get early access to game demos by a week.

I wouldn't say the situations are identical. In fact, I'd say they're pretty damn far apart, despite your futile attempts to equate them.

And Qore members get access to some beta programs... just like XBL Gold Members get only access to some beta programs!

Qore members get access to what would have otherwise been open betas. XBL Gold Members get access to betas that would require gold functionality to work.

So yeah. Same, damn, thing.

Only if you're too stupid or stubborn to understand the differences between two very-clearly-different things.

#40 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40293 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

Keep it friendly folks.