Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

@  Otaku : (18 September 2020 - 08:19 PM)

The failed Hasbroverse reminds me how so many things could have been spun off from Transformers: Animated and (after that) Transformers: Prime.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Requiem of the Wreckers was post-Revolution, but it was also, you know, a single issue.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM)

But Roche didn't have a series to keep out from the crossovers since Sins of the Wreckers was before Revolution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Oh wait, that post said Roche, not Barber.

@  Rycochet : (18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM)

And then seemed surprised nobody particlarly wanted it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 10:25 AM)

Wasn't Barber among the editorial guys that pushed for Hasbroverse?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 10:19 AM)

He did it possibly due to 616 Spider-Mans marriage reset between Civil War and Secret Invasion.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 09:20 AM)

Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man because it was mostly set far away from Earth?

@  -LittleAutob... : (18 September 2020 - 08:49 AM)

I'm learning so much-

@  Maruten : (18 September 2020 - 04:21 AM)

At its worst it was better than MASK, sure.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 02:15 AM)

At it's worst it still stomped all over the failed Hasbroverse. Roberts and Roche kept their respective series well out of that one for the same reasons Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man when Loeb and Miller wanted greater control for Ultimatum.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2020 - 06:37 PM)

That's so accurate it's physically painful.

Photo

Nintendo E3 Press Conference

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#81 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40566 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:48 AM

So I finally saw all of the Nintendo Press conference. Man, that was lame. The mom on the stage really just says why I have very little urge to go out and get a Wii. It just isn't targeting me or my demographic. Meanwhile, I have Soul Caliber 4, Too Human, Halo Wars, Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and Gears of War 2 coming for me on the 360. I'm not coming off as a hater here, but the only think thing they had that interested me in the entire press conference was the Sword fighting game which looked like Wii Boxing with a sword.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#82 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25546 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

Well, the 'we had to get Metroid off our backs' line certainly explains why Corruption felt so... Hrm. Small, in places...

And it explains the OKAY STORY OVER BYEBYE end to the Phazon plot.

Or why they never did anything huge with the 'Space Pirates hacked the Aurora network' theme. I was hoping 'Corrupt' would describe the Galactic Federation, at least after all the 'unhackable network that controls everything' Titanic-type unsinkable bluster in the promos.

Or the PED marine getting the shakes...
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#83 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14633 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:29 PM

Says Miyamoto...

Miyamoto: The first that I?d want to clarify is that the concept that Wii intentionally does not cater to core gamers is probably a misconception, and perhaps one that?s almost a PR tactic used by some of the other companies to paint us as a company that?s not targeting core gamers. But in fact, while we may not be focusing on the high-end graphics and technology that core gamers would typically be drawn to, the types of games we create, and continue to create, are certainly games that people who play games would certainly want to continue playing.

I think that there?s probably one other element to it, and that?s that our view of how we use E3 has changed. For a very long time, E3 was an event where ? and certainly Nintendo included ? catered specifically to the core gamer. Now we look at more ? an opportunity for us to introduce new concepts and new types of play that we intend to bring to the broader audience, particularly because of the media that gathers at E3 now.

So while attending an E3 event like this, they might be given the impression that Nintendo is no longer focusing on the games that appeal to the core gamer, in fact we?re still working on many of those titles, but it?s just not the type of event where we?ll be showcasing that anymore.

Yep.

#84 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40566 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(PiratedTVPro @ Jul 18 2008, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Says Miyamoto...

Miyamoto: The first that I?d want to clarify is that the concept that Wii intentionally does not cater to core gamers is probably a misconception, and perhaps one that?s almost a PR tactic used by some of the other companies to paint us as a company that?s not targeting core gamers. But in fact, while we may not be focusing on the high-end graphics and technology that core gamers would typically be drawn to, the types of games we create, and continue to create, are certainly games that people who play games would certainly want to continue playing.

I think that there?s probably one other element to it, and that?s that our view of how we use E3 has changed. For a very long time, E3 was an event where ? and certainly Nintendo included ? catered specifically to the core gamer. Now we look at more ? an opportunity for us to introduce new concepts and new types of play that we intend to bring to the broader audience, particularly because of the media that gathers at E3 now.

So while attending an E3 event like this, they might be given the impression that Nintendo is no longer focusing on the games that appeal to the core gamer, in fact we?re still working on many of those titles, but it?s just not the type of event where we?ll be showcasing that anymore.

So at the world's biggest game show, they won't be trying to appeal to gamers? BRILLIANT!

Edited for foul language.

#85 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14633 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Jul 18 2008, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So at the world's biggest game show, they won't be trying to appeal to gamers? BRILLIANT!

Yeah. It is. The gaming sites aren't the ones they're reaching for. It's the fact
that Popular Mechanics, The New York Times and Ladies Home Journal are in
the audience for E3 and at no other time. When they give details and show off
the bigger games they invite the gaming press...
Yep.

#86 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40566 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

So Popular Mechanics, The New York Times and Ladies Home Journal are going to run articles on snowboarding games, WiiMusic, and WiiResort? Or are they going to write about the NPD data that Reggie rambled off about the DS and Wii along with the stats about Female Nintendo gamers reaching paratity with males? I'm betting the later.

#87 awa64

awa64
  • Citizen
  • 12625 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Jul 18 2008, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Popular Mechanics, The New York Times and Ladies Home Journal are going to run articles on snowboarding games, WiiMusic, and WiiResort? Or are they going to write about the NPD data that Reggie rambled off about the DS and Wii along with the stats about Female Nintendo gamers reaching paratity with males? I'm betting the later.

They'll run one article about the whole thing. They might lead with WiiMusic, they might lead with gender parity, but they'll manage to get 700 words out of the thing, which means they'll probably touch on all of it.

And while I'm going to be super-excited about a Legend of Zelda trailer whenever it comes out, Popular Mechanics isn't going to write an article that mentions WiiMusic unless whoever was assigned to write about Nintendo at E3 covers it.