Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo

Games that don't live up to your expectations

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#21 thefakelink

thefakelink
  • Citizen
  • 1296 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Talk about repetative.

#22 HeyMickey

HeyMickey
  • Supporter
  • 5466 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

Portal - I mean, it was okay, but that's all. I didn't see what everyone else thought was so mind blowing about it, the puzzles were too easy.

Metal Gear Solid 3 - I don't care about Big Boss. I want Solid and Liquid Snake or no Snake at all.

GTA - Sure it's big, but there just didnt seem like there was a whole lot to do other than drive here, shoot there.

#23 Cabal

Cabal
  • Citizen
  • 2060 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

Diablo II
Total Annihilation
Morrowind

#24 Nick Shogun

Nick Shogun

Warm Liquid Goo Stage Beginning

• Validating
  • 1295 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

With Twilight Princess, it seemed like they were trying to improve on something that had already been perfected in Ocarina of Time. Also, they made the boss fights waaaaaaaaaay too easy.

#25 WaveRyder

WaveRyder

Guardian of love and..no wait, that's not right..

• Citizen
  • 2045 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Jul 14 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could really give a crap about any Final Fantasy game except the US version of III.

That's the one Final Fantasy game I didn't enjoy.

#26 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

HAlo. GTA past 2. MGS.

#27 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

I'd say it's sad that people don't like MegaMan games. But I can't. There are too many that don't.

Course, the way I see it, long as you let me love them. Then I see no problem.

Twilight Princess... Well I liked it. It helped wash out the horrible taste that was Windwaker. (Heck I got WW for free, and it wasn't enough to keep it in my collection. I traded it for Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly. Well worth it I think)

But all Twilight Princess was, was basically Ocarina of Time 1.5 in a way. I enjoyed it, but wanted a lot more. I did enjoy the 'Dark' feel to the game however. But Ocarina of Time still remains my favorite Zelda. Now if I could only get Ocarina of Time redone itself with Twilight Princess graphics. That would awsome.

Lot of people have been mentioning they don't like Metal Gear Solid games. Frankly I lost faith in the francise after the second one. Was trying WAY to hard to make the story confusing.

One game that's not even really OUT yet that I don't get is Spore. I mean honestly I'm suppose to take care of a creature, then the enviornment, then more and more stuff? And that's the game?

That sounds stupid and boring as HELL. Why do these things sell? I've never understood the Sim games.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#28 lonegamer8

lonegamer8

Handsome afthead, ain't he? *tries not to start fangirling*

• Retired Staff
  • 9463 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:50 AM

My sis likes/owns GTA (3, Vice City, 4); Sims, Sims 2 + expansion packs; much of the Tales series, via imports; some of the later Harvest Moon games; Shadow Hearts, all 3; has 2-3 FPSes; and that's just top of my head.

I never quite got into those, save just a bit on the Tales series. My own list includes LoZ: OoT, the RE series, Halo, ANY of the MMOs (especially WoW and Everquest), and various fighting games (even though I pwned 8 of my schoolmates in a row on Soul Calibur II on the GC despite being a button-masher).

My works! Lemme show you 'em!

Avatar base courtesy of Wombat King <- not at the moment

Allspark's August Reading List 2007 - "Sides"
Allspark's July Fic Challenge 2007 "Red Carpet" winner - "Blue Carpet"
The NEW TFWiki!
Henkei! Henkei! Transformers pack-in comic summaries.
Henkei! Henkei! Transformers monthly manga summaries.

#29 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44243 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(videomaster21XX @ Jul 14 2008, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me it's The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker.

Words alone can barely describe how much I LOATH that game. (and I'm pretty sure SOMEONE is going to give me flak for this)

Oh, and before anyone says it: No I didn't hate it for the Cell Shading. In fact that was one of the few things I liked about it.

I also don't get the whole 'GTA' thing.

I only got bored near the end when you had to go around collecting triforce pieces. if that section of the game was dropped, i'd have beaten it by now. Oh, and...

Attached Thumbnails

• flak.jpg

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#30 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3896 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

most rpgs, but ive never got the appeal of Final Fantasy...all of the Zelda games (except the snes one, that game i love)

Mega man series...too hard. too much work.

Resident evil series (except for 4 on Wii, i enjoyed that, but i think it has something to do with the controls)...another series thats too hard with too much work.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

I see behind a thousand lies that you try to hide

I bleed inside: you left your knife but I'm still alive
I...love the way you kill me
I love the way you watch me die

Life or death a bullet to the chest
I'd do it again...
Just when I think I've cut you out
You come with open arms to drag me down

#31 bistmbgxtc

bistmbgxtc
  • Citizen
  • 850 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

WOW heck current mmorpgs. Sure it might be fun building a character and doing quests and such but whats the fun of everyone doing the same quests with the world never changing. In other words whats the fun of everyone being the hero and the world constantly resetting. Save your money and play a non monthly charge RPG.
Now with Facebook- www.facebook.com/sean.c.mclaughlin

www.comicbooksandwhatever.blogspot.com

#32 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 18052 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(Nick Shogun @ Jul 14 2008, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With Twilight Princess, it seemed like they were trying to improve on something that had already been perfected in Ocarina of Time. Also, they made the boss fights waaaaaaaaaay too easy.

I'm torn on TP. I liked the look, and the concept, but...I dunno, it just wasn't as memorable as Ocarina of Time. I can rattle off the boss names for OoT in my sleep, as well as the main cast. TP? I remember...a plant thing and the giant spider, and that's it for bosses. Zora kid and the big lady at the bar for the cast outside of the obvious Link/Ganon/Zelda and Midna. TP just seemed so bland...You get no magic of your own outside of the Dominion Rod, and that only worked in the one dungeon. Music's role got booted down to being at the howl stones. I can't even remember their purpose anymore.

Maybe I'm pulling a "GeeWunner" thing here with TP 'cause OoT was my first Zelda game, but maybe not, since it seems I'm not alone in disappointment.

UnHImyv.png

#33 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(Bass X10 @ Jul 15 2008, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(videomaster21XX @ Jul 14 2008, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me it's The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker.

Words alone can barely describe how much I LOATH that game. (and I'm pretty sure SOMEONE is going to give me flak for this)

Oh, and before anyone says it: No I didn't hate it for the Cell Shading. In fact that was one of the few things I liked about it.

I also don't get the whole 'GTA' thing.

I only got bored near the end when you had to go around collecting triforce pieces. if that section of the game was dropped, i'd have beaten it by now. Oh, and...

I could go on a very LONG list of all I hated in Windwaker. For those triforce peices I just used a walkthrough. I didn't care anymore at that point. It's also the only Zelda I never got all the upgrades for before beating it. I just didn't care anymore.

And I have to ask. You posted a pic of a transformer figure why? I'm not even sure who that is.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#34 Wing

Wing

• Supporter
  • 18052 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

He's giving you Flak. icon-fire.gif

UnHImyv.png

#35 (Deactivated) Arsenal

(Deactivated) Arsenal
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

Half-Life 2

I played the original, it was good except for the end where it turned into total jive.

Then HL2 comes out, it received tons of game of the year accolades, high scores and even today people say its the greatest PC game of all time.

I don't see it, HL2 was so mediocre to me, the story was nice and I liked how it was in real time but everything fell short, the physics puzzles where just see-saws or looking for cinder blocks, the guns sounded terrible, especially the pistol since it sounded like a pop cap gun and once you got the gravity gun, it became the entire focus of everything all to show off the pretty physics engine.

And they sprinkled this with tons of obligatory vehicle sequences and every single one of them total jive.

I played HL2 through 3 times to see if I missed anything about it and each time I walked dissapointed, I seriously have no idea what is great about Half Life 2.

It feels like they made the gravity gun and the physics engine and some said, "Hey we need a game to put this in", outside of those 2 things, the rest of HL2 just feels like an after-thought.

Edited by Arsenal, 15 July 2008 - 03:28 PM.

#36 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

Here's how I rate LoZ games from N64 onward.

OoT: You can't go wrong with this one. The only problem I have with it is that it can get a bit tedious at times with the constant dungeon after dungeon plot line. I like to have something other to do in a game then go search for dungeons. And the graphics are VERY dated. 3/5

Majora's Mask: Quite possibly the best LoZ game I've ever played. Interesting dungeons, masks that change your form, and the fact that it's so dark and serious. It's fun to be able to replay your favorite boss battles, and unlike OoT, the graphics have stood the test of time better. 5/5

Wind Waker: I loved this game. It's a perfect beginner's Zelda, due to the graphics and forgiving difficulty. The boss battles were very fun. The only part that annoys me was the Triforce Shards collecting quest. I wish they had cut that out. I don't really like the sailing, but it's fun to go island hopping and look for treasures. 4/5

TP: This one disappointed me. No classic Zelda tunes, Midna is a terrible character, and it's basically just a remake of OoT removing features I loved and replacing them with the rather useless Wolf form. Disappointing. 2/5

EDIT-Added stuff and changed my rating for OoT.

Edited by Clench, 16 July 2008 - 06:25 AM.

QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#37 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

Chrono Trigger.

It's almost universally loved, but I didn't get the hype.

And I always hate anything Time Travel related.

On the flipside, I loved Chrono Cross, but everyone hated it.

Another universally loved game that didn't live up to the hype for me is Final Fantasy XII.

When it came out, everyone was raving about how this game will save the franchise.

10 hours in of running around doing NOTHING, I said hug it and haven't played it since.

And if I wanted an MMO Battle System, I'd buy an MMO, Square. This is why FFXIII going multiplatform isn't such a big blow for me.

Edited by Internet Jesus, 15 July 2008 - 03:43 PM.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#38 Wing

Wing

• Supporter
  • 18052 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

OH YEAH, I forgot about FF.

I've tried FFVII and FFX.

An hour into seven, I wanted the ten dollars back I paid for it.

Stayed into X a little longer, got tired of fiddling with a lousy interactive movie and gave it away.

UnHImyv.png

#39 HeyMickey

HeyMickey
  • Supporter
  • 5466 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(Clench @ Jul 15 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's how I rate LoZ games from N64 onward.

OoT: You can't go wrong with this one. The only problem I have with it is that it can get a bit tedious at times with the constant dungeon after dungeon plot line. 4/5

Majora's Mask: Quite possibly the best LoZ game I've ever played. Interesting dungeons, masks that change your form, and the fact that it's so dark and serious. 5/5

Wind Waker: I loved this game. It's a perfect beginner's Zelda, due to the graphics and forgiving difficulty. The boss battles were very fun. The only part that annoys me was the Triforce Shards collecting quest. I wish they had cut that out. 4/5

TP: This one disappointed me. No classic Zelda tunes, Midna is a terrible character, and it's basically just a remake of OoT removing features I loved and replacing them with the rather useless Wolf form. Disappointing. 2/5

It's funny, cause I couldn't disagree with you more. icon-hotrod.gif

I thought OoT was OK when it came out ten years ago but it's just barely passable today thanks to extremely dated graphics and annoying gameplay elements.

Majora is by far the worst Zelda Game not on a Phillips CD-I. It removed all of the parts I liked about OoT and replaced it with repetition and time limits. ugh.

Wind Waker was cool when you were on land, but every time I got on that boat I wanted to shut the game off. I much preferred the DS method of navigating the ocean.

TP is my favorite of the 3d Zelda games by a huge amount. I really liked Midna and totally got into the motion controls. Fighting the dragon boss with the double hookshot is one of my favorite Zelda boss battles of all time.

It's great how everyone that loves Zelda games loves them in different ways. Vive Le Difference!

#40 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Our defiance drives us straight to the edge

• Supporter
  • 47664 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

The only problem I have with it is that it can get a bit tedious at times with the constant dungeon after dungeon plot line.

You mean, just like every other Zelda game?

Hey, the Firefox spell check recognizes Zelda. Heh.

Most of my fun with OoT was poking around with all the myriad rumors running rampant. I must've tried a dozen tricks that were supposed to get the Triforce, heh. Seam-walking was also fun.

Majora's Mask is my favorite LoZ yet. I like being able to go back and redo whatever I want, whenever I want. The Goron races (and the fight with Goht) are always fun.

Wind Waker had a lot of good points. I like the art style (wouldn't want to see it become the standard, but it's nice for a one-shot game), and the dialogue from Ganon at the end was great. But the interminable "search for the Triforce" at the end kills any desire to replay the game. Supposedly, they originally planned dungeons for every piece, but ran out of time; I think I could've put up with a delay to get a better game, really.

Twilight Princess, again, had good parts. I must be the only one who liked the wolf segments, going by this thread. And some of the boss fights (especially the spinner fight with the giant skeleton, and the dragon in the sky temple) were great. But a lot of the game seems to drag, and I'm not especially motivated to complete everything. Also, DAMN YOU CAVE OF ORDEALS. Four Darknuts in one room? GAH.