Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

Photo

What game type do you prefer?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 tec

tec

Did you see a ghost?

• Supporter
  • 32631 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:47 AM

Lets try this hypothetical question

Say you walked into a gamestore with eleven bucks and no idea of what you wanted and spoted the 9.99 dump bin how you go about priotizeing what you would like?

Mine would go like this

Mecha
Piloting
Fighter
Racer
Shooter
FPS
RPG
Platformer
Arcade
Puzzel

Ball sports are not even on my list I own the only three sports games I want

Edited by tec, 03 July 2008 - 04:48 AM.

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#2 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5500 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:01 AM

Hmmm, RPG would probably take first priority but I'd just as soon priority a Platform game...

It'd probably be something like:

RPG/Platformer (depending on my mood that day)
Survival Horror
Music Rhythm
Mecha
Shooter
Fighter
Arcade
FPS

There is little hope for a Puzzle game to catch my interest, and there's no chance a racing or piloting game would catch my interest at all. It 'could' happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

As for sports, hell no. I own two sport games to date: MegaMan Soccer and RibbitKing

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#3 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Our defiance drives us straight to the edge

• Supporter
  • 47389 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:13 AM

Depending on my mood, RPG or action/platformer takes the top spot. I like fighters and Guitar Hero as well. I don't care much for strategy games, and the closest I usually come to a shooter is Mega Man.

I don't play sports games. I'm not interested in the real thing, no way I'm playing a video game version.

#4 Gamma V

Gamma V

The AllSpark's resident SMW hacker

• Citizen
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:45 AM

Platformer for me!
Puzzle would be runner up.

#5 Chris_Lv255

Chris_Lv255
  • Citizen
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:56 AM

(1) Roguelikes
(2) Strategy/Tactics RPG
(3) Good ol' Platformers, Metroidvanias included
(4) BOMBERMAN
(5) TETRIS
My spiral of power comes from two sources: Love and Courage. Let the Spiral become my Drill, that it may pierce the Heavens.
My Pokemon Diamond Friend code: 4424 8048 1193
Behold, my Desktop Tower Defense mazes!

#6 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14685 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:42 AM

Also depends on my mood, but here's the general priority: RPGs, Detective-type (eg. Phoenix Wright), Music/rhythm, puzzles/brain exercise. Sometimes I'll pick up a simulation, action, fighting, or platformer game. Once in a great while I'll poke around in a tactical game, though I quickly lose patience. The only "sports" games I enjoy are ones like DDR or Wii Sports. And then you get games that don't really fit into a category like Katamari. icon-fire.gif

#7 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 40098 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:32 AM

Turn based RPGs are my favorite genre.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#8 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

RPG/Strategy
FPS
Sim
Action
Flying
Racing

Platformers, sports games, and gimmicky games don't even make the radar for the most part.

#9 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43506 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:24 AM

RPG, then RTS, FPS, strategy, survival horror, adventure, that's about it. I'm actually surprised at how limited my taste in games is.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#10 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10686 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:36 AM

mmo or turn based rpgs.
Sometimes action or puzzle games if I'm looking to just kill a short amount time.

Edited by VeritasZB, 03 July 2008 - 10:37 AM.

#11 Stormrave

Stormrave

Decepticon Field Commander

• Retired Staff
  • 21315 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:32 AM

I like FPS's, that being said they either have to have 1. a good storyline to go with or 2. some degree of tactics/strategy beyond "spray bullets at everything", preferably both.

I also enjoy action games with puzzle components like Mario, Lego Starwars, etc.

I wouldn't call myself a puzzle game fan, though I can be fascinated by tetris for hours.

I don't like sports games - I'd rather play the real thing if I must - and I find myself getting disoriented, if not motion sick, playing racers or flying games with the "you in the cockpit" look. occasionally FPS's will do this to me as well, though not as badly (probably because the scenery doesn't move as quickly.) Again, having had real planes and real cars, sims just aren't the same. And I don't care for fighting games...I don't mind fighting bosses etc to advance, but I get bored when the game is nothing BUT fighting.
Pilot, Writer, Decepticon

http://www.fictorian...ns/mary-pletsch

#12 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 3405 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:05 AM

Don't really mind. If a games' decent and worth playing, it's, err, decent and worth playing regardless of the arbitrary idea of "genre".

Still, I know I won't play. FPSes because they aren't really my thing in terms of personal taste (I'm neutral about them). Oh and turn-based RPGs, which I genuinely detest.
QUOTE(Specimen-17 @ Feb 29 2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ultimately, collecting toys with gold plastic is like global thermonuclear war. The only way to win is not to play.

#13 Maxx Blast

Maxx Blast

Formerly Invincible.

• Citizen
  • 5318 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:53 AM

If it's good, I'll play it.

Shooters(1st person or 3rd, doesn't matter) and RPGs(Japanese or American) tend to get most of my time and money, though.
Team Fortress 2 Weapons Found: 3 Axtinguishers, 2 Ambassadors, 2 Flare Gun, The Dead Ringer, Sandman, Ubersaw, Sandvich, Natascha

#14 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:12 AM

Probably easier to list my least-favorite genres....

3D Shooters(oddly, I rather enjoy a good side-scrolling shooter, though I must admit I royally suck at them) and sports games.

Though even then there are exceptions...(Bioshock comes to mind)

I will admit that quirky, gimmicky games are a guilty pleasure of mine... Things like Super Monkey Ball, Katamari or Boom Blox have a strange appeal to me.

#15 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 5291 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

I'd look for games I knew about.
Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#16 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 18052 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:46 PM

Fun games! icon-waspy.gif

I s'pose I like good ol' action/adventure the most, be it 3D or side-scrolling. Some shooters are welcome too.

Now I wanna play Team Fortress 2. I blame this thread. icon-waspy.gif

UnHImyv.png

#17 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 7381 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

If digging through a discount bin, I'm assuming it's old/outdaed games.

So shooters are out of the question. As fun as they are (one of my favorite genres), they are dependent on graphics. When you play Gears or Halo or COD 4, there is no playing Prey or Quske 4 afterwards.

So I'd say

1) RPG (old RPGs are just as good, if not better than new ones.)

TIED WITH

1) Music (I love DDR and all the variations. Guitar Hero as well. Old games NEVER lose interest in this genre. They are just more songs for the same game.)

2)Platform
3)Franchise (Sonic, Mario, Metal Gear, Megaman, etc... Things I grew up with and buy the moment I see the name)
4) Racing. Arcade style street racing and futuristic racing. NO SIMULATORS (no fun).
5)Puzzle
6) Miscellaneous

"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#18 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

• Supporter
  • 2514 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:32 PM

Whatever Rock Band is categorized as, that's my number one. Arcade maybe? Other than that, I tend to go for platformers and RPGs (Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Fable, Kingdom Hearts). Fighting and FPS would be next, with Racing all the way at the bottom.

#19 tec

tec

Did you see a ghost?

• Supporter
  • 32631 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:15 AM

Look Im all grateful for the boost GH and Rock band has bought to vid games but thats the last game I would ever pick up

I wanna play a gutar I will pick up my brothers I wanna learn it I will hire a teacher I catorise thim with ball sports its something you can do In real life there for not worth playing in game form

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#20 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5500 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:53 AM

Look Im all grateful for the boost GH and Rock band has bought to vid games but thats the last game I would ever pick up

I wanna play a gutar I will pick up my brothers I wanna learn it I will hire a teacher I catorise thim with ball sports its something you can do In real life there for not worth playing in game form

I dissagree. Rock Band and Guitar Hero are NOTHING like playing the real thing. It's just a game meant for the player to have fun, and that's exactly what I had playing them. Fun.

I'd suggest trying them first if you haven't yet before taking that stand. If you have played them and decide it's not your thing, then hey, your choice.

I have played all the games I just will NOT play anymore. That includes sports games, which are as dull as I figured, and puzzle games like Tetris, which I realized is very repetitive and boring after about an hour of gameplay. As for racing, just could never get into them. Few execptions.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler