Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 04:23 PM)

*grabs popcorn*

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 12:49 PM)

*watching everyone argue* O^O

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2020 - 10:22 AM)

By that logic we might as well just get rid of the Shoutbox wholesale! I'd rather have like 3 or 4 things stuck for a week or so than one person dominating the whole thing (no offense Nevermore).

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 May 2020 - 03:30 AM)

I would argue that "full of something one doesn't read" and "devoid of reading material" are functionally identical at the end-user level. :D

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:58 PM)

If it emptied, it would become empty.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 07:53 PM)

It would be the same effect as if the shoutbox simply emptied once or twice a week.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:27 PM)

I don't see how having walls of the same guy on top whenever I go to any page on this site is "refreshing".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 06:10 PM)

I don't know, I find the occasional flushing of the box to be refreshing.

@  Telly : (22 May 2020 - 04:20 PM)

but its gets annoying seeing a wall of text from him that takes up most of the shoutbox

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Eh, that's just Nevermore.

@  fourteenwings : (22 May 2020 - 12:11 AM)

@Nevermore: Good rule of thumb is if you feel like you need not just multiple statements but also multiple shouts to make a point, best just make a thread.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Dude, do you just, not know when to stop?

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:35 PM)

Instead of "I have only ten hours to get all my stuff from place A to place B", it's more like "I temporarily stored 90% of my stuff in easily accessible place C in my spare time, so now I have ten hours to get the remaining 10% of my stuff over to the new place before permanently saying goodbye to the old place".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 PM)

At these point you two are just repeating what you already said.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Again using my "moving apartments" analogy. If you can store the stuff you don't immediately need for everyday life somewhere else, it reduces the critical time of permanently switching your primary base of residence over to the new place because there's less stuff to move when the time comes.

Photo

Batman Gotham Knight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#41 LioConvoy

LioConvoy

FEEL THE RAGE

• Supporter
  • 5662 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

I enjoyed it, personally.

My personal favorite was "deadshot".

#42 Might Gaine

Might Gaine

ARMS UP!! \(^_^)/

• Retired Staff
  • 12896 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:12 PM

It was entertaining, but not must-see or anything. The dubbing in the voices was more obvious in some episodes than others. Bruce was just talking way too quickly sometimes, especially in Test Drive. It sounded unnatural. And the connections between the stories didn't really work for me--they felt kind of half-assed, especially when the one mafia boss is arrested and in the next story he's free. Also, Work Through Pain and Test Drive were both pretty stupid. The other four were a lot more entertaining. I particularly liked the Scarecrow/Killer Croc story. The art style really fit the story in it.

I think i actually enjoyed the extra TAS episodes on the disc more than I did the feature itself (but that's not saying much, considering how extremely awesome TAS is). It's one of those kid shows that, when you watch it 15 years later, none of the old appeal is gone, because they wrote it for an older audience. It's too bad that they're taken from badly deinterlaced 480i source. Oh well icon-hotrod.gif

Oh, and does anyone know if this is set in movie continuity? Or is it like those CG Spider-Man episodes that are just loosely based on movie continuity? Or is it just completely unrelated like TAS?

Sign up at ToyStoreUpdates.com to get email updates when new Transformers come into stock at Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, and Hasbro Toy Shop.

#43 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini
  • Citizen
  • 13654 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:54 PM

I enjoyed it; some segments more than others.

The shorts done by Madhouse were the best. I dunno if it was by luck or by design, but they got all the supervillains. Which is fine, because they visually interpretted them maginificently. Killer Croc felt a little hamfisted into the story, but Scarecrow (voiced by Corey Burton!) was glorious.

As I had anticipated, I didn't much care for the segments where Bruce looked like a thirteen year-old boy. Couldn't stand the fact that he and Lucious Fox winked at each other no less than six dozen times in the span of two minutes. God dammit, Japan. Stop. Just stop. The ridiculously curved cowl of his Batman outfit didn't sit well with me, either.

The guy they got to voice Alfred confused me a bit. He sounded like he was doing an Efrem Zimbalist impression rather than a Michael Caine impression. In which case, why not just get Zimbalist? He's still alive and hasn't done anything (according to IMDB) since Justice League.

The casting of Rob Paulson as the leadr of the Italian Mafia also took me out of the experience. I adore Paulson's voice...in kiddy cartoons. But perhaps its because he's so synonimous with comedy and chilren's material that hearing him cursing and trying to sound serious and tough just didn't work for me.

Anyhow, the segments done by Madhouse were worth the price for me and the only parts of the film I was really anticipating. Oddly, the character designs all looked like they were the work of Yoshiaki Kawajiri, but he didn't direct either segment.

#44 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39909 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:00 AM

I can't wait to get this when I get home.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#45 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini
  • Citizen
  • 13654 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

Oh yeah, one other thing I noticed that didn't sit right with me.

Apparently, they isolated the Narrows, turning them into a massive "Escape from New York"-style prison where deranged criminals are allowed to walk around the streets and buildings unchecked, killing each other?

Seems rather...unconstitutional.

#46 Defunct

Defunct

Not to be funct with. . .

• Retired Staff
  • 26834 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

Welcome to Gotham City.
. . .

#47 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39909 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:59 AM

Well, I got it last night, but they hid it on the front porch so I didn't find it until this morning, so I have to wait to watch it later. icon-screamer.gif

#48 MintBerryCrunch

MintBerryCrunch

Handling lasers by hand

• Citizen
  • 11078 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

It was alright, but I wished I hadn't spent $20 on it. The animation on some of the stories was particularly annoying. Not "bad," just not to my taste. I especially disliked the first story with pudgy Batman.
It's time to bring the crunch!

#49 Might Gaine

Might Gaine

ARMS UP!! \(^_^)/

• Retired Staff
  • 12896 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE(Pigbag @ Jul 11 2008, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was alright, but I wished I hadn't spent $20 on it. The animation on some of the stories was particularly annoying. Not "bad," just not to my taste. I especially disliked the first story with pudgy Batman.

Too many experiences like this have lead me to swear off buying DVDs in favor of renting them from Netflix. In fact, I had this DVD in hand by noon the day it was released thanks to Netflix icon-hotrod.gif

Sign up at ToyStoreUpdates.com to get email updates when new Transformers come into stock at Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, and Hasbro Toy Shop.

#50 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Corrected an Ancient oversight

• Supporter
  • 63036 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:23 PM

Loved it... The kid who saves him in the first story... I hope to god they wanted me to think "GOD DAMN THAT'S TITANS ROBIN" when they cast the same voice actor... cause I did...

I don't mind the animation and yes If you listen to the commentary track, they state this was DUBBED IN ENGLISH ... the picture was already done and Kevin Conroy had to match mouth flaps... TAS was done the other way around.. the voices were done first and then the art was matched to that...

need to watch the bonus episodes yet,

#51 DarkDestroyer

DarkDestroyer
  • Citizen
  • 4403 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:38 PM

I rented it yesterday and glad I did as I found it rather disapointed considering all of the hype it recieved. The animation was brillant, but I found the stories rather dull to be honest. Yes as Destron explained on the audio commentary they give an explaination as to why everyone seems to be speaking so fast. My favourite of all the segements was the David Goyer one "In Darkness Dwells" I think its called. Also if anyone is curious in the novelization that I read a day before I rented it, the author uses Detective Renee Montoya instead of Anna Rameriez and during the audio commentary for this segment there is a cryptic comment from the producer saying to watch "The Dark Knight" for the reason why she wasn't used. Interesting.

Dark Destroyer
The Destroyer of Worlds

#52 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13217 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

Saw it over the weekend via OnDemand.

It put me to sleep.

Not even the Adam West "Batman" movie managed to do that.

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#53 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25664 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:47 PM

I enjoyed it. I liked some stories better than others. But like Animatrix, that seems to be kinda the point. It gives us differant takes, differant styles of anime and if you don't like one, that's fine. You'll probably find one you do like in one of the other stories.

"Have I got a Story For You" seems to take most of the flack for its animation. Having seen the animated segment from Kill Bill and "Kids Story" on Animatrix, the animation didn't really bother me as much. What I didn't like about it was that it was too derivative from the Animated Series "Legends of the Dark Night" and it didn't do nearly as good a job at it.

But still, I did love "Deadshot," "In Darkness Dwell," and to a lesser extent "Crossfire."

But to me, the icing on the cake is Kevin Conroy. Say what you will about Japanese animation and story telling...anytime I get to hear Kevin's voice acting on Batman, I'm happy.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#54 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39909 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

I've finally watched it all except for some of the bonus features/episodes. I really enjoyed it, as the stories were quite entertaining and the animation was quite well done.

QUOTE(Caldwin @ Jul 13 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But to me, the icing on the cake is Kevin Conroy. Say what you will about Japanese animation and story telling...anytime I get to hear Kevin's voice acting on Batman, I'm happy.

Indeed. I wouldn't have been nearly as stoked for this without him voicing the character.

#55 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9298 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:16 AM

That got a definite thumbs-up from me. I seem to be the odd one out here by considering "Working Through Pain" my favourite, with Deadshot coming up second.

#56 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39909 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:22 AM

I liked Crossfire the best myself.

#57 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51250 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

I also really liked "Working Through Pain," even though it was a bit campy. I didn't feel like most of the segments had nearly enough time to tell the stories they tried to tell, with that one being an exception. And sadly, I really liked "Field Test," too, mainly for Fox's bits. Expecting Batman in several unique visual styles in oblique vignette story forms, I ended up liking the two most contained and generic-looking segments and being rather disappointed with the others. So I really didn't get out of it what I had hoped to.
Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#58 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11647 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

I liked "Working Through Pain," mainly because of what was essentially movie-continuity Lady Shiva (rendered much more impressive than the comics' stereotypical Dangerous Asian Lady).

Though yeah, the out-of-order storytelling bugged me. As did the fact that the costume couldn't decide whether it was cloth or armour.

And finally, DAVID MACCALLUM AS ALFRED!!!!

(Kept expecting Bruce to call him "Ducky.")

#59 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9427 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:35 AM

I watched it last night via Netflix. Didn't care for most of it. Deadshot was the best, both in terms of storytelling and animation. The voice acting was definitely a notch below what we usually get from DC, but that's the problem with dubbing. Gordon's voice work stuck out as particularly poor to me.