Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

Photo

Diablo III Thread

818 replies to this topic

#41 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40307 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:48 AM

Thanks! I'll give that a try when I get home tonight.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#42 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

CHAOS! You got a one way ticket to CHAOS! CHAOS!

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(Hg Dragon @ Jul 17 2008, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(The Predaking @ Jul 17 2008, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there a page that shows the various recipes for the Hordaric Cube in Diablo 2? I have been playing it for a while now, but I'd like to see what I could make with it.

GameFAQs to the rescue.

Granted, it looks to be for an older version of the game and hasn't been updated in a while, but I think it still holds for the most part.

huh... more up to date than the one I found... I didn't even know you could update to the highest runes.

I did find what I think he might be looking for though. Crafted recipes.
http://www.battle.ne...fteditems.shtml

#43 MintBerryCrunch

MintBerryCrunch

Handling lasers by hand

• Citizen
  • 11078 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

I never played the other Diablos, but I'd definitely play this.
It's time to bring the crunch!

#44 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40307 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

Wizard class! Looks awesome!

Diablo III Update: Meet the Wizard
At the Diablo III Class Design panel, game director Jay Wilson went into more detail about the game?s third playable class, the wizard. A wielder of the elements and a master manipulator of time, the wizard combats the hordes of the Burning Hells by hurling environment-shattering lightning bolts, channeling explosive arcane energies, and creating pockets of space outside the normal flow of time.

To find out more, check out the video introduction or visit the brand-new wizard information page to read the latest excerpt from the journal of Abd al-Hazir and see some of the wizard?s powers in action.

#45 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Oct 11 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wizard class! Looks awesome!

Diablo III Update: Meet the Wizard
At the Diablo III Class Design panel, game director Jay Wilson went into more detail about the game?s third playable class, the wizard. A wielder of the elements and a master manipulator of time, the wizard combats the hordes of the Burning Hells by hurling environment-shattering lightning bolts, channeling explosive arcane energies, and creating pockets of space outside the normal flow of time.

To find out more, check out the video introduction or visit the brand-new wizard information page to read the latest excerpt from the journal of Abd al-Hazir and see some of the wizard?s powers in action.

I'm a bit confused about the info page. Is that describing THE wizard that YOU play? What about the male wizard?

#46 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48077 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:22 PM

You have to remember the information written on the official website is "outdated" in terms of game lore mechanics (The Cult Member entry actually details the final entry of this "journal").

So presumably, this female Wizard went out into the world, armed with knowledge of primal magics, and began teaching what she knew to anyone who wanted to learn.

#47 Varnon

Varnon

Counterpoint is a man's soul.

• Citizen
  • 10207 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:32 PM

Interesting. Makes me think the necromancer will not be returning. Nor the druid or sorceress.

Ravage, you can select to play as male or female of each class in this game.

Also
HIGHLIGHT to view:
Is that Leoric?
What signature?

#48 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48077 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE(Varnon @ Oct 11 2008, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting. Makes me think the necromancer will not be returning. Nor the druid or sorceress.

The Witch Doctor essentially replaces the Necromancer. Though it's worth pointing out Blizzard hasn't ruled out an eventual return by the classic heroes via expansions - only that the core game will ship with five archtypes.

My guess is we're up for Ranger (Bow and Arrow class) and either the Assassin or something new.

Also
HIGHLIGHT to view:
Is that Leoric?

HIGHLIGHT to view:

Could be, but at the same time that'd be implying he wasn't destroyed in Diablo I

#49 Varnon

Varnon

• Citizen
  • 10207 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(GC Rust @ Oct 12 2008, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Witch Doctor essentially replaces the Necromancer. Though it's worth pointing out Blizzard hasn't ruled out an eventual return by the classic heroes via expansions - only that the core game will ship with five archtypes.

My guess is we're up for Ranger (Bow and Arrow class) and either the Assassin or something new.

Also
HIGHLIGHT to view:
Is that Leoric?

HIGHLIGHT to view:

Could be, but at the same time that'd be implying he wasn't destroyed in Diablo I

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Well, he was undead to begin with... so maybe. Definatly had a similar vibe to it.

I think it would be cool, and a good move for blizzard to release a the other classes via expansion.
The Sorcerer from D1 basicaly became the Sorceress. Very few spells were lost. The warrior and rouge didn't really have interesting skills on their own. But all the D2 classes have something worthwhile. I also think it is okay if some skills are duplicated in other classes. Its not like "unique" skills in D2 weren't sometimes really really similar to a skill from another class.
What signature?

#50 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE(Varnon @ Oct 11 2008, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ravage, you can select to play as male or female of each class in this game.

I know. That's why I asked if it was describing the playable character, since there are TWO.

QUOTE(GC Rust @ Oct 11 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have to remember the information written on the official website is "outdated" in terms of game lore mechanics (The Cult Member entry actually details the final entry of this "journal").

So presumably, this female Wizard went out into the world, armed with knowledge of primal magics, and began teaching what she knew to anyone who wanted to learn.

that's what I thought at first, but then the movie seemed to tie together the story with the gameplay footage, making me think he was describing the player character.

QUOTE(Varnon @ Oct 12 2008, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(GC Rust @ Oct 12 2008, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it would be cool, and a good move for blizzard to release a the other classes via expansion.
The Sorcerer from D1 basicaly became the Sorceress. Very few spells were lost. The warrior and rouge didn't really have interesting skills on their own. But all the D2 classes have something worthwhile. I also think it is okay if some skills are duplicated in other classes. Its not like "unique" skills in D2 weren't sometimes really really similar to a skill from another class.

and the sorceress is really just the female wizard here.
I got the strong impression we would get the necromancer in the expansion. I also couldn't find any quotes that really gave a clear indication what their intentions were for the classes. at first I had heard that they WEREN'T going to use ANY previous classes beyond the barbarian. all I found since then was that they wanted to do 5 archetypes that were a good spread, and that they weren't going to narrow down the possibilities beyond what we had already seen. It was misleading to hear "the barbarian is the only class from previous games that we've shown", since unless you're new to Diablo, that's redundant.
I bet we'll get another affliction-type class though. maybe something like the paladin, but differing further from combat. I was thinking cleric. (semantics, really. clerics historically can't use blades. in fantasy, they tend to be more into the arcane than a paladin.) maybe we'll get some other kind of "exotic" melee combat like a samurai or ninja. ("pirate?? pirate??" -_-; no. "Yarrr!")

#51 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40307 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:00 AM

A warlock rip off could be neat, but I bet the witch doctor is taking that role.

I am betting that we get either a Ranger/Elf/Rogue class that can use either poison blades, arrows, or traps and the other class will be some kind of defensive warrior.

#52 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48077 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:03 AM

Defensive Warriors don't see much playtime. See Diablo II Paladins. Besides, the Barbarian basically takes the role of the "tank". I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the final class be a Healer of some sort.

#53 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40307 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE(GC Rust @ Oct 12 2008, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Defensive Warriors don't see much playtime. See Diablo II Paladins. Besides, the Barbarian basically takes the role of the "tank". I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the final class be a Healer of some sort.

But the healer isn't a good solo class, and unlike WOW, D3 won't be made for grouping in mind. I'm still betting it will be a Defensive combat guy, possibly with healing abilities.

#54 Varnon

Varnon

• Citizen
  • 10207 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Oct 12 2008, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A warlock rip off could be neat, but I bet the witch doctor is taking that role.

I am betting that we get either a Ranger...

On first glance I thought of Power Rangers. Wouldn't that be odd to have a ranger class?
What signature?

#55 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48077 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:52 PM

Not really. The Rogue and Amazon were both bow wielders, but both were also female exclusive classes. Since the new set up is allowing both male and female versions of a character, it'd make sense to create just a generic bowman, a Ranger.

I also say Assassin is a good possibility. We've got a huge meat shield in the Barbarian, but we lack a fast hitting melee class.

#56 Varnon

Varnon

• Citizen
  • 10207 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:34 PM

Well I did know what you meant, I just had powerrangers on the brain when I read that word.
What signature?

#57 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19427 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

That just looks slick. The wizard class is looking a lot more active and dynamic than in D1 or D2, which makes it just that much more fun to watch them strutting their stuff. I hope they've learned something from D2 skill balance, to make all of them usable, because having neat looking tricks like Slow Time simply fall off the wayside would be a shame. And I wonder if there's a "repel" type skill as well to complement it, because the trailer shows the Wizard reflecting the Magic Missiles, not just flinging her own in retaliation.

Edited by mx-01 archon, 14 October 2008 - 12:15 PM.

#58 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40307 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

I wonder if these are her uber skills though. I mean, is this something we could do at level 6 or is this going to be a level 30 character's abilities?

#59 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19427 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:28 PM

We don't even know how the skill system will work in D3, if there's going to be a tree like D2, or skill books like D1, or some combination inbetween, or even something new entirely.

As long as they revamp the skill system to avoid useless and stagnating skills like D2, it should all be good.

#60 Varnon

Varnon

• Citizen
  • 10207 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:45 PM

I think it will be like it was in the final days of D2.
Multiple usefull skills and lots of snynergies.
But... I think there will be skills that are unlocked after level 30.

The first version of D2 was pretty stupid actualy... You just hold onto all your skills points untill level 30, then spend two or three per level on all the level 30 skills.
What signature?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users