Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

Photo

Diablo III Thread

818 replies to this topic

#21 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:34 PM

Or a Hunter.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#22 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

or a Zealot icon-bee.gif

#23 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

Zergling!

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#24 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

SC-MMORPG? icon-waspy.gif

#25 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48077 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:33 PM

My guesses?

Barbarian
Witch Doctor
Sorcerer/Sorceress (As it appears we get to select gender this time around)
Ranger (Fills the Stealth/Ranged role)
Necromancer

The Necromancer's too iconic a character class from Diablo 2 not to include (Also Richard A. Knaak, who let's be honest supplements a LOT of Blizzard Lore, is in love with the class), but I do agree it'll probably be an overhauled class. The Witch Doctor's got Crowd Control covered, so I suspect the Necromancer will indeed be more akin to a "Death Knight" - a Melee centric caster with the ability to summon hosts of minions to supplement a attack force.

I doubt Paladins will return just because the site's background info makes mention to the fact the Zakurum Church has recently been restored and is as intolerant as ever.

#26 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10640 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(GC Rust @ Jun 28 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My guesses?

Barbarian
Witch Doctor
Sorcerer/Sorceress (As it appears we get to select gender this time around)
Ranger (Fills the Stealth/Ranged role)
Necromancer

The Necromancer's too iconic a character class from Diablo 2 not to include (Also Richard A. Knaak, who let's be honest supplements a LOT of Blizzard Lore, is in love with the class), but I do agree it'll probably be an overhauled class. The Witch Doctor's got Crowd Control covered, so I suspect the Necromancer will indeed be more akin to a "Death Knight" - a Melee centric caster with the ability to summon hosts of minions to supplement a attack force.

I doubt Paladins will return just because the site's background info makes mention to the fact the Zakurum Church has recently been restored and is as intolerant as ever.

Ranger could easily be replaced with the Rogue class (The former sisters of the sightless eye may have started recruiting men in this troubled times, after their group was decimated in Diablo 2.)

MSzBav1.jpg

#27 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48077 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:29 AM

Good point. I just threw the generic term "Ranger" in there because the Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye and the Amazons were both female-centric organizations.

#28 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:33 AM

so now we have

WoW: Wotlk
Starcraft II
Diablo III

..so Blizz

where is my new Lost Vikings?

#29 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36723 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE(Goblez @ Jun 29 2008, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, first they have to find them...

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#30 Automan2000

Automan2000

Liberati tutumet ex infernis

• Supporter
  • 4542 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(Goblez @ Jun 29 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so now we have

WoW: Wotlk
Starcraft II
Diablo III

..so Blizz

Hanging out in Uldaman

#31 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:57 AM

they are in Uldaman icon-fire.gif

http://www.wowwiki.c...ric_"The_Swift"

EDIT: ack beat me icon-waspy.gif

Edited by Goblez, 29 June 2008 - 09:58 AM.

#32 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20495 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:52 PM

and bought....
I hope they don't make it easy to hack like the last two....
I was tired of everyone having uber weapons.......

My hopes are not high.

#33 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40307 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

And they always wanted to duel. I hated that. I could never get a good game going because everyone wanted to trash talk and fight each other rather than play the game.

Still, I am greatly looking forward to this game!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#34 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20495 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Jun 30 2008, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And they always wanted to duel. I hated that. I could never get a good game going because everyone wanted to trash talk and fight each other rather than play the game.

i hated dueling, so stupid.
I'll play with yah...

#35 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40307 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(GC Rust @ Jun 28 2008, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, the big demon at the end of the Teaser Trailer - Diablo's new form?

Nah, probably just a mini-boss or an Act boss.

QUOTE(Knight in Rusty Armor @ Jun 30 2008, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll play with yah...

Cool.

Hopefully, one day, I can get a good party to finally get through Hell difficulty.

#36 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48077 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Jun 30 2008, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reminds me when a Amazon was trying to PK my Necromancer in Nightmare Act II. Bone Cage + Blood Golem + Golemmancer = Hilarity.

Edited by GC Rust, 30 June 2008 - 09:07 PM.

#37 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

CHAOS! You got a one way ticket to CHAOS! CHAOS!

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(GC Rust @ Jun 28 2008, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well now that we've got Diablo III, my guess is the "Next Gen MMO" would be the successor to World of WarCraft.

That or The Lost Vikings. One of the two.

Where the hell's a good Rock n' Roll Racing sequel??
o/~ Iiiiiiiii'm aaaaaa hiiiiiii-waaaaaay staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar! o/~ *does the little guitar solo with his voice*

Man... I can't wait for Blizzard to do a new MMO. One that's on a new engine. More customizable avatars! Maybe some more interesting gameplay besides "grindan" on mobs. Maybe go back to the classic Ultima Online, and let us build furniture and houses and crap. Maybe some cool changes to the game world, like letting cities be destroyed, or building new ones, maybe even minor landscape changes to earth and rock and plants. But that kind of gameplay sounds like too much of a niche market. Who's going to play WoW2 for the purpose of getting on the city council and planning urban development? Let's put aside some wilderness conservation land so we don't lose all the wild animals. (AKA mobs for grindan!)

... oh... right. this thread is about Diablo 3. wooooo!

oh... and THE most important thing for me, which they answered in the FAQ: choosing gender for each class. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Female everything! I'm a male player playing a female toon trapped in a male toon's body! I hope the females aren't all over-sexualized supermodels. I already noticed the male witch doctor has a left hand that shakes, while the female doesn't. Not that she needs to be a wrinkled old crone, but give me something of a similar flavor here. If the male witch doctor has some kind of shaking hand because it's like... influenced by the spirit world or something, that's not really going to stop a hot female witch doctor from being hot.

Seeing the game footage... I couldn't help but be reminded of the actionRPGs that came out since D2, like the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games for PS2, or the EverQuest: Champions (of Norrath) games that also used the same game engine.

well, my reflexes aren't so good. my brain's not so sharp. I have a feeling I won't get that much from SC2 that I wouldn't get from an expansion pack for SC1... (I had no interest in learning to micromanage and learn strategies. I had one strategy, and that was turtle. (look up "rush, turtle, boom" for the three strategies, which I just heard about recently))
but this... hopefully this is something I can manage to play. I know it's an ACTION game, which requires reflexes, but I'm hoping I won't get too clusterhuged if I'm not a hardcore player with elaborate strategies and sharp, on-the-ball reflexes.
(yes... yes. I played the necromancer before he was nerfed. hahah. I also played an assassin though. it's a real pain in the butt to try and get EXACTLY the number of charges you need. ooops, I missed, so I let off the charge too early. ooops, I overcharged.)

ah well, at least it's more lore. some fun cinematics.

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Jun 30 2008, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(GC Rust @ Jun 28 2008, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, the big demon at the end of the Teaser Trailer - Diablo's new form?

Nah, probably just a mini-boss or an Act boss.

The teaser trailer, not the gameplay video. Yeah, looks like Diablo. Gaping maws in his shoulders apparently.

QUOTE(Knight in Rusty Armor @ Jun 30 2008, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll play with yah...

Cool.

Hopefully, one day, I can get a good party to finally get through Hell difficulty.

I'm not a competitive player either.
Screw D2 though. I played the HELL out of that game. I mean, I didn't play like a zillion toons through to max level (or at least whatever would be required to get through hell difficulty), doing the same classes but with different builds... I was more of a one toon guy.
Man, I never even played after they introduced those new fancy socketable items... wait... I remember runes and runewords. and different colored jewels. but didn't they introduce something else since then? Maybe it's just that I never got any ultra-cool top-level items.
You have quite a treasure there in that horadric cube!

#38 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

CHAOS! You got a one way ticket to CHAOS! CHAOS!

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:15 AM

Great. I discover news of Diablo 3, and when I join in the conversation, the thread dies.

So, who's being suckered into reinstalling Diablo 2, only because they really want to play Diablo 3? *raises hand* This is going to suck so bad. Grindan!

Also, reading about stuff, I'm discovering hidden lore, like from the books, that hints at stuff to come. And just as with World of Warcraft, the wiki quenches the curiosity.
http://diablo.wikia....iki/Diablo_Wiki

Edited by RavageX-9, 17 July 2008 - 05:16 AM.

#39 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40307 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:20 AM

Is there a page that shows the various recipes for the Hordaric Cube in Diablo 2? I have been playing it for a while now, but I'd like to see what I could make with it.

#40 Hg Dragon

Hg Dragon

Eyelaser Ninja Pirate

• Citizen
  • 2698 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Jul 17 2008, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there a page that shows the various recipes for the Hordaric Cube in Diablo 2? I have been playing it for a while now, but I'd like to see what I could make with it.

GameFAQs to the rescue.

Granted, it looks to be for an older version of the game and hasn't been updated in a while, but I think it still holds for the most part.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users