Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

@  Cybersnark : (29 June 2020 - 09:47 AM)

I don't want to be reissued. This body sucks, I wanna be updated.

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 09:43 AM)

I definitely don't intend to be reissued. Nobody would buy me.

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 08:31 AM)

will anybody else attempt to be reissued?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 June 2020 - 07:51 AM)

*Gasp* Decepticons re-writing history to serve their own needs?!?!

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 05:48 AM)

The whole point of the DJD is that they're fanatical Megatron fanboys (especially Tarn) to the point of having their own headcanon taking priority of the actual canon, simply speaking.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 04:01 AM)

They didn't know the war was over until later. And then they denied it anyway.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 June 2020 - 10:47 PM)

"He's comin' right for us!"

@  Telly : (28 June 2020 - 08:40 PM)

was that even still in effect once the war ended?

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 June 2020 - 06:51 PM)

According to Roberts, soldiers can ignore the order to spare Whirl if he's directly threatening them. But mostly the DJD were out of their heads on Nuke and not really caring much at the time.

@  Xaaron : (28 June 2020 - 06:41 PM)

Also, they were hopped up on goofballs at the time.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 June 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Cause it was whirl. He opened his (non-existant.) gob at the just the right time to piss somebody off. Or, so I assume.

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 June 2020 - 06:00 PM)

If Whirl was off limits why did the DJD kill him?

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 June 2020 - 05:57 PM)

That sounds about right. I actually didn't get into it until the IQ expansion came out (which saved me a bit of expense)

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

Weird question (and sorry for so many shouts): did Overpower really release in August of '95?  I could have sworn I attempted to play it with a classmate who shouldn't have been a classmate by that point.

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

So... I don't have all my cards still somewhere. XP I still play Pokémon via the PTCGO, and I've been doing Card of the Days over on Pojo (on and off) since 2013.

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:51 PM)

For both financial, personal, and practical reasons, all my collectibles had to go about 10 years ago: action figures, comic books, card games, RPG books, video games.

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 June 2020 - 05:48 PM)

I've still got all my cards, somewhere; I had a pretty decent collection. Still have the Japanese Digimon CCG, too. Glad I never got into Magic; way too pricey

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Technically, Overpower was my first TCG... except I never, ever learned how to play it, or understood that booster packs contained different cards than the Starter Decks.

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:35 PM)

Can't forget what you didn't know in the first place.

@  Patch : (27 June 2020 - 05:28 PM)

Ah yes, Overpower. Who could forget the expansion where they added a new stat and you had to re-collect your heroes all over again.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 June 2020 - 04:20 PM)

Counterpoint, when was the last time you spent money on Overpower?

Photo
- - - - -

Something odd about yourself.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
162 replies to this topic

#141 Automan2000

Automan2000

Liberati tutumet ex infernis

• Supporter
  • 4533 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:13 AM

I have a couple of the weird finger tricks myself.

If I am using a pen that has a cap I normally remove the cap and put it on the other end of the pen using only one hand. I also recap the pen the same way.

I have also had people remark that when I play guitar hero I never move my hand that's on the fret buttons. I guess that it is normal for people to move their hand to reach the last button. I would say that this comes from playing a real guitar and using scales that sometimes require a 6 fret stretch to play them properly.

#142 gwynn

gwynn

squirt

• Citizen
  • 819 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE(Prime 2.0 @ Jun 30 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(gwynn @ Jun 30 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I watched my father blow a mans arm off with a shotgun when I was 3.
My little mind has been warped ever since.

Double Barrel? Pump Action? Old Fashioned wooden shotgun?

Devils in the details bub.

I was 3! you think I remember that???

Pump action.

QUOTE(DanHibiki @ Jun 30 2008, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I watched my father's arm be blown off by a man with a shotgun when I was 3
I have vowed to find this person's child and either mate with them or destroy them...or both!

I've got a year on you, and I know he didn't have a son there, he was robbing my father's produce store.
We can still mate though. icon-ironhide.gif

Edited by gwynn, 01 July 2008 - 04:33 AM.

#143 Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime
  • Validating
  • 1476 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE(Automan2000 @ Jul 1 2008, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a couple of the weird finger tricks myself.

If I am using a pen that has a cap I normally remove the cap and put it on the other end of the pen using only one hand. I also recap the pen the same way.

I can do that too! I do a lot of things one handed. mostly stuff that's not terribly exciting or hard, but you know what i mean. sometimes i can use my fingers as two sets of little arms holding something. it helps for holding something tight with one hand while cutting with the other. i can't think of where else i use it, but it does come up a lot.

My keys swim in my hand, i can access any of my 12+ keys just by manipulating them with one hand. this I credit to tons of playing with Transformers. icon-hotrod.gif

if i stick a finger in my ear, i can pull it out in such a fashion that it pops, quite loudly, and annoys my wife. hazzah!!

I can slow my heart rate at will. that's not really odd, just a matter of focus.

I used to be able to hypnotize people, just for the hell of it. nothing mindblowing. I wouldn't mind doing it again, if someone would be foolhardy enough to let me in their head icon-fire.gif

Edited by Maximo Prime, 01 July 2008 - 09:40 AM.

sig under construction. well, actually, sig under post. but you get the idea.

#144 FortMax

FortMax

Not Cybertron Metroplex or Mudflap

• Supporter
  • 4894 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(Maximo Prime @ Jul 1 2008, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do a lot of things one handed. mostly stuff that's not terribly exciting or hard, but you know what i mean. sometimes i can use my fingers as two sets of little arms holding something. it helps for holding something tight with one hand while cutting with the other. i can't think of where else i use it, but it does come up a lot.

AARGH. I read that as "if you know what I mean" (insert winks, nudges, and saying no more)
QUOTE(Hasbro)
Paramount Home Entertainment will be releasing RANSFORMERS CYBERTRON on 9.13.05

TbtA3Ye.jpg
Buy my Mini-Pla Goseiger Candy Toy Zords!

#145 Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime
  • Validating
  • 1476 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:49 PM

yep i just went there now too, thanks to you icon-hotrod.gif

<shudder>

#146 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 40065 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:49 PM

I have an irrational fear of Zombies. Not that I think they exist, but Zombie movies always freak me out for a few days after I watch them.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#147 Prime 2.0

Prime 2.0

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

• Citizen
  • 6292 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Jul 1 2008, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an irrational fear of Zombies. Not that I think they exist, but Zombie movies always freak me out for a few days after I watch them.

Kinda the same here not that iam afraid of them but there have been several times ive had to stop myself before i recount the supplies and load the guns.

Could be worse tho, when i was younger and I played Resident Evil i would spend the next 4-7 days double checking corners and rooms for zombies, ammo, and health items. I'd even do it at school.

ADVENTURE TIME!!!!

#148 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14655 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(Maximo Prime @ Jul 1 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can slow my heart rate at will. that's not really odd, just a matter of focus.

I used to be able to hypnotize people, just for the hell of it. nothing mindblowing. I wouldn't mind doing it again, if someone would be foolhardy enough to let me in their head icon-fire.gif

Ditto on the heart rate slowing, and other stuff I think I already mentioned before. I can usually reduce/stop my own headaches just thinking about it, is that weird?

I'd like to see if I can be hypnotized or not. I'd also like to try past-life regression, just to see what (if anything) happens, though I wouldn't want to pay for it. icon-fire.gif

#149 Jensen Ames

Jensen Ames
  • Citizen
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(Rhinox @ Jun 21 2008, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can shuffle the bones in the back of my hand around so you can see them flexing and moving under the skin. just on my left hand, though and it hurts like hell after a while.

I can do that on both hands, and just by moving my fingers. And it doesn't hurt.

I have an ancestor that came over on the Mayflower. Now he wasn't a Pilgrim, but a dastardly french merchant. But that's the only french in me, after like 20-something generations.

#150 Geminii

Geminii

Multiformophile

• Citizen
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE(MEDdMI @ Jul 1 2008, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once in a rare while, I'll realize that I'm dreaming and be able to control what happens

I tend to the telekinetic in dreams. With a surprising level of control. Jedi got nuthin' on me. Can't wait for dreamstate engineering software.

QUOTE(Maximo Prime @ Jul 1 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can slow my heart rate at will.

Been there, done that, nearly knocked myself out accidentally. Heart rates for the terminally unfit should not sit on exactly 100bpm after a quarter-hour of simulated sprint cycling in a gym. It's not fun to see your entire visual field grey out as the oxygen level takes a dive.

As a side effect, the fitness assessment software pegged me as "Olympic level". That was creepy.

#151 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 40065 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE(Prime 2.0 @ Jul 1 2008, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(The Predaking @ Jul 1 2008, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kinda the same here not that iam afraid of them but there have been several times ive had to stop myself before i recount the supplies and load the guns.

Could be worse tho, when i was younger and I played Resident Evil i would spend the next 4-7 days double checking corners and rooms for zombies, ammo, and health items. I'd even do it at school.

I recently, as in a month ago, watched Dawn of the Dead in HD. I watched it alone, at night, in the dark. Indoor pets started making noises behind me about halfway into the film and that seriously freaked me out.

#152 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 3404 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:16 PM

Just realised that at one point, I went to the school that was Christian Bale's former place of education. Cool.
QUOTE(Specimen-17 @ Feb 29 2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ultimately, collecting toys with gold plastic is like global thermonuclear war. The only way to win is not to play.

#153 Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime
  • Validating
  • 1476 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:50 AM

I haven't had a problem really bad in awhile, but when i had SUPER BAD acid reflux, i used to be able to mentally make it go away. I'm sure i could do it again with practice. When I'd get heartburn, i'd imagine myself in a cage in the center of my own chest, pushing the walls slowly outward. at first it was laborious, but soon i would just imagine the image and the pain would go away!

mind over matter indeed icon-hotrod.gif

#154 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 40065 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:51 AM

I share the same birthday with the President, 50 cent, Geoffrey Rush, Burt Ward, Ned Beatty, and Sylvester Stallone.

#155 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 18052 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

I share my birthday with John Cleese. icon-hotrod.gif

UnHImyv.png

#156 Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime
  • Validating
  • 1476 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

I'm with Billie Joe Armstrong and Michael Jordan. oh, and the birth of digital only TV, next year. icon-hotrod.gif

#157 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 40065 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

I think the Death of analog TV would be more accurate. Digital TV broadcasts have been going on for years now.

#158 Geoff

Geoff

he created the vibe...

• Supporter
  • 1659 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

i was born on friday the 13th... that kinda set the tone for my life...

Follow me on twitter

#159 Hg Dragon

Hg Dragon

Eyelaser Ninja Pirate

• Citizen
  • 2695 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

I was born on Easter Sunday.

#160 Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime
  • Validating
  • 1476 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(The Predaking @ Jul 3 2008, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the Death of analog TV would be more accurate. Digital TV broadcasts have been going on for years now.

maybe i didn't word it right, but i meant the monopoly of the digital signal. the day it no longer shares space with analog signals in the communications world.