Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

@  Cybersnark : (29 June 2020 - 09:47 AM)

I don't want to be reissued. This body sucks, I wanna be updated.

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 09:43 AM)

I definitely don't intend to be reissued. Nobody would buy me.

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 08:31 AM)

will anybody else attempt to be reissued?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 June 2020 - 07:51 AM)

*Gasp* Decepticons re-writing history to serve their own needs?!?!

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 05:48 AM)

The whole point of the DJD is that they're fanatical Megatron fanboys (especially Tarn) to the point of having their own headcanon taking priority of the actual canon, simply speaking.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 04:01 AM)

They didn't know the war was over until later. And then they denied it anyway.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 June 2020 - 10:47 PM)

"He's comin' right for us!"

@  Telly : (28 June 2020 - 08:40 PM)

was that even still in effect once the war ended?

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 June 2020 - 06:51 PM)

According to Roberts, soldiers can ignore the order to spare Whirl if he's directly threatening them. But mostly the DJD were out of their heads on Nuke and not really caring much at the time.

@  Xaaron : (28 June 2020 - 06:41 PM)

Also, they were hopped up on goofballs at the time.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 June 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Cause it was whirl. He opened his (non-existant.) gob at the just the right time to piss somebody off. Or, so I assume.

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 June 2020 - 06:00 PM)

If Whirl was off limits why did the DJD kill him?

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 June 2020 - 05:57 PM)

That sounds about right. I actually didn't get into it until the IQ expansion came out (which saved me a bit of expense)

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

Weird question (and sorry for so many shouts): did Overpower really release in August of '95?  I could have sworn I attempted to play it with a classmate who shouldn't have been a classmate by that point.

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

So... I don't have all my cards still somewhere. XP I still play Pokémon via the PTCGO, and I've been doing Card of the Days over on Pojo (on and off) since 2013.

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:51 PM)

For both financial, personal, and practical reasons, all my collectibles had to go about 10 years ago: action figures, comic books, card games, RPG books, video games.

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 June 2020 - 05:48 PM)

I've still got all my cards, somewhere; I had a pretty decent collection. Still have the Japanese Digimon CCG, too. Glad I never got into Magic; way too pricey

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Technically, Overpower was my first TCG... except I never, ever learned how to play it, or understood that booster packs contained different cards than the Starter Decks.

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:35 PM)

Can't forget what you didn't know in the first place.

@  Patch : (27 June 2020 - 05:28 PM)

Ah yes, Overpower. Who could forget the expansion where they added a new stat and you had to re-collect your heroes all over again.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 June 2020 - 04:20 PM)

Counterpoint, when was the last time you spent money on Overpower?

Photo
- - - - -

Something odd about yourself.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
162 replies to this topic

#121 MightyMegs

MightyMegs
  • Citizen
  • 4251 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE(MP5 @ Jun 21 2008, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(MightyMegs @ Jun 21 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can blow smoke out of the corner of my left eye. I can also 'program' my internal clock to wake me up at any time of night, with only a 10-15 minute margin of error.

That's because you are a robot.

Yeah... and if I were a hot chick, I'd be a Cylon. Or a Terminator. Or a .... waitaminute. Why are robots always hot chicks?!

#122 Zyking

Zyking

Totally one of gods gifts to women!

• Supporter
  • 5675 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

Because quite a few people that really likes robots tends to be single and lonely? icon-fire.gif

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it". - Upton Sinclair.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning". - Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider than that!" - George Carlin.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". -John Lennon.

"A lot of things have been done in the name of Jesus that heaven does not approve of" - Jostein Gaarder.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by bungholes." -William Gibson

#123 (Deactivated) MP5

(Deactivated) MP5
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(Zyking @ Jun 22 2008, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because quite a few people that really likes robots tends to be single and lonely? icon-fire.gif

How about when you have a girlfriend and you'd prefer a robot?

#124 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

*reminded of the "15 inch tall robot girlfriend"*
QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#125 Zyking

Zyking

Totally one of gods gifts to women!

• Supporter
  • 5675 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(MP5 @ Jun 22 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Zyking @ Jun 22 2008, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about when you have a girlfriend and you'd prefer a robot?

I guess you could always ask her to put on a arcee outfit.......

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it". - Upton Sinclair.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning". - Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider than that!" - George Carlin.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". -John Lennon.

"A lot of things have been done in the name of Jesus that heaven does not approve of" - Jostein Gaarder.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by bungholes." -William Gibson

#126 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:21 PM

I talk to myself. A lot. Not sure why...
QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#127 The Jawa

The Jawa

Utinni!

• Citizen
  • 4188 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:55 AM

My grandmother (who passed away when I was 9-10ish) had on her right arm a scar from venetian blinds falling on her, as a kid I think. It was paler than the surrounding skin and rather distinctive.

I was born the same exact mark, same spot... on the opposite arm. No idea what THAT means. But I still have it to this day. It looks like a scar... and only really shows up when I'm not my usual Casper white. Though I can see it all the time. How's that for creepy?
-~- The Jawa -~-

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies..."

#128 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 7381 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:08 AM

I was voted worst driver in High School

Many of my friends became my friend after I beat them up.

Not that it matters, my wife scared all of my friends away. My life is 100% devoted/wrapped around her and my daughters. She's slowly been stripping away all facets of the identity I had before meeting her.

I've had lots of people come up to me and tell me how I had a positive impact on their life when we were kids/teens. I remember none of these people. I usually answer very bluntly and let them know that I have no hugging clue who they are. That pretty much ends the conversation.

I used to write Inuyasha romance fanfics on fanfiction.net. I stopped 1/2 way through a story when I met my wife. I still have 7 people subscribed to it for updates. I stopped writing in 2004. A small update would probably surprise the jive out of them.

I'm Italian and Irish but hate ALL Italian foods (all pasta and all tomato sauces), and most Irish foods. I don't like beer either (though I love liquor/shots). Kalidor once thought I was black.

My youngest daughter was originally going to be named after a female friend of mine that my wife was jealous of.

I accidentally ran through a mirror and the wall behind it at my local gym. Huge chunk of flesh near my right elbow cut right off. Ended my bodybuilding career (not much of a career, I was in the cutting phase for my first competition).

I went from Conservative to Liberal in merely 2 years of studying History.

I go to lots of biker rallies and events but don't own a bike (My dad is a biker, I've been going to these since I was a little kid. But my wife won't let me buy a motorcycle-she thinks it's a guaranteed death certificate given my driving record).

Since I was born in the late 80s, I grew up with generation one, but was significantly younger than most fans. My first few years in the TF community (at Yahoo groups and Bottalk during Beast Wars)-I pretended to be in college/20's as opposed to junior high. My Yahoo group was shut down when my mom saw that one of the guys I chatted with was 30. She automatically assumed a 30 year old talking about toys must be a pedophile.

I'm honestly 22 right now. The fake online me from back then would be 30 something now.

I only get aroused by realistic women with imperfections. If I see a picture of a model with flat abs and giant boobs, it does nothing. If I see a pic of a girl next door type with an average build, a chubby girl, a super skinny nothing to her girl, etc... I'm aroused. Something about models-they are too perfect to do anything for me. This applies to people in real life who are too perfect in appearance.

I compulsively buy things for my daughters. When they are into something, I go completist on it. My daughter recently started liking Littlest Pet Shop and My Little Pony Ponyville. I buy her several a week until I can't find any new ones on the shelves. I don't have any interests in the toys, but I feel the urge to complete it for my daughter, much like how I am with TFs for myself.
--My wife thinks I'm spoiling them and that 3 overflowing toy chests is enough.

"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#129 Geminii

Geminii

Multiformophile

• Citizen
  • 629 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(PlasmaWolf @ Jun 17 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I go to sleep, I stop breathing for a period of time, often several times a night.

Check. 48 times per hour, at last count.

QUOTE(recharge138 @ Jun 18 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Mouse_Pad @ Jun 17 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(recharge138 @ Jun 17 2008, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can touch my pointer finger and pinkie without using my other hand. I used to be able to cross them, but I seem to be losing that talent the older I get (I can still do it on my right hand if I really try).

That's hard or unusual?

Over the top of the middle and ring, yeah (IE from the devil's horn position).

Check, on both hands. And able to put one hand up and over its shoulder and the other hand down and behind my waist, and clasp hands in the middle of my back fairly easily.

QUOTE(Wheelimus @ Jun 19 2008, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm Type 2 Diabetic.

Check.

QUOTE(Wheelimus @ Jun 19 2008, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I spent 2 years answering up to 1,000 calls a day as a switchboard Operator between the ages of 19 and 20.

That beats me - I did about 200 techsupport calls per eight-hour shift for a year, switching on and off various days with other people. That made around two minutes per call to determine the root cause of a problem, write up a ticket and log it, and attempt to fix it over the phone. Anything longer than that got bumped to the roaming techs.

QUOTE(Smitty @ Jun 19 2008, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I where the same outfit every day

Check, more or less. Not a work uniform, either. I tend to buy up to a dozen identical items of clothing at once. Makes choosing an outfit in the morning really fast and easy.

QUOTE(-VP- @ Jun 19 2008, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I put my feet strait forward, my left foot points to the left about 25 degrees.

Check. In my case, the right foot, from a heavy schoolbag that I always carried on my right shoulder. I've freaked out a couple of podiatrists - my knee joint doesn't match the direction of my ankle joint. Makes running annoying.

QUOTE(TheMightyMollusk @ Jun 20 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hit my growth spurt earlier than most guys. I've been over six feet tall since 7th grade.

Check.

And for things that haven't been mentioned -

Physical: Able to put thumb to middle finger and encircle my opposite wrist, on both hands (but not at the same time, any more). Can audibly crack my neck muscles continually.

Mental: Memorized pi to 100 places because I was bored. Practice six-dimensional visualisation for fun. Once designed about fifty fully functional, fully transforming G1 costumes, including Omega Supreme. Never did get around to building them.

Activity: Still designing a 12-changer that would work as a physical toy. Writer of Transformers filk.

Experience: Been poisoned by things in the ocean and things in the air, but not by anything land-based, yet.

Personal quirks: Prone to sentences which lack subjects. Editing mistakes in professional publications jump out at me and annoy me a hell of a lot. And there are TOO FREAKIN' MANY of them!

#130 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Our defiance drives us straight to the edge

• Supporter
  • 47294 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE(Geminii @ Jun 29 2008, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I go to sleep, I stop breathing for a period of time, often several times a night.

Not quite that many times, but I do it fairly regularly, often scaring the hell out of my girlfriend.

QUOTE(recharge138 @ Jun 18 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Mouse_Pad @ Jun 17 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(recharge138 @ Jun 17 2008, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can touch my pointer finger and pinkie without using my other hand. I used to be able to cross them, but I seem to be losing that talent the older I get (I can still do it on my right hand if I really try).

That's hard or unusual?

Over the top of the middle and ring, yeah (IE from the devil's horn position).

Check, on both hands. And able to put one hand up and over its shoulder and the other hand down and behind my waist, and clasp hands in the middle of my back fairly easily.

Check on both of those.

Physical: Able to put thumb to middle finger and encircle my opposite wrist, on both hands (but not at the same time, any more).

I can do it with my ring fingers.

Can audibly crack my neck muscles continually.

Can do that with my toes.

When I was younger, I was able to fairly easily kick myself in the nuts.

I now have a very high pain tolerance. I sense a connection.

I can cross my pointer and middle fingers and cross my ring and pinky fingers on both hands unaided. Then cross the crossed fingers.

Edited by TheMightyMollusk, 30 June 2008 - 07:12 AM.

#131 Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime
  • Validating
  • 1476 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

Mighty mollusk - can do most of those finger tricks too. Here's my list of weird body tricks:

I can switch my fingers from \\// to \||/ on both hands simultaneously, without help. faster than 2x a second back and forth.
all sorts of finger crossing tricks - ring/middle over pointer/pinkie, pointer/ring over middle/pinkie, then cross the crosses. I have two double jointed thumbs, one more than the other. the more EXTREEM one actually smooths out a joint crease when I do it.

I can fold my pinkie across the bottom knuckles of my fingers, in my palm, and grab my own pinkie like a joystick, so that the tip sticks out the top. It hurts after awhile, but i can do it. i can bend my top knuckle while keeping the rest of the finger straight on most of my fingers. I can also do that pinkie bend thing without bending my other fingers, though the ring finger fidgets a little when i do it.

When i was little and bored, i would turn my hands into long necked creatures - the middle finger was the neck/head, the rest were the legs. I would also line up my hand like \\|//, with the ring/pinkie and the pointer/thumb together, and pretend it was Cyclonus, who i never owned as a child.

When I was little, and sitting shotgun, i would often pose my hand in the mirror the way Kup had it when he said "Prime did it - he turned the tide!" in the movie. Yes I'm weird. icon-hotrod.gif

both elbows are extra flexible in the wrong direction.

You can SUPER EASILy feel and even see my pulse on my hands behind my thumbs.

For musicians out there, I can comfortable play a tenth on the piano on each hand. (that means two white keys that have 8 white keys between them for the non-musicians).

I can write fairly legibly with my non-dominant (left) hand. I can also sign my name frontwards with righty and backwards with left at the same time. When I Q-tip my ears, i can only really do it if i'm doing both at once and when I do, it's in perfect sync.

When i'm going somewhere new, I always feel most lost about a block before I get there. So when that feeling comes up, i know to start looking for the place. works like a charm!

Musical:

I have perfect pitch. (or damn near relative pitch). I can identify notes the way people can identify different colors. This helps me learn music as i'm hearing it for the first time. I have often jumped up on stage with friends' bands, to play a song I've never played before, but have only heard it on the radio, and asked them what key they chose to play it in.

My band will do that too - play songs we've never played together before, or even tried ourselves. Just from decades of hearing songs over and over again.

I can harmonize with any song, instantly, so long as i'm vaguely familiar with the melody. I can go above the melody or below, it doesn't matter. This isn't some strange thing, i've practiced it over the many years by harmonizing in my car whenever i'm singing to the radio. Practice paid off icon-hotrod.gif I can also harmonize with the vacuum cleaner, and tell you what notes are used in various car horns. A dial tone is usually the notes F and A together.

Solarstorm - i'm down with the imperfect cuties too - makes em more real, and more likely to find me attractive (even though at this point, i'm married, and that's academic now.)

Here's another weird coincidence thingy...

My wife's name is Emily.
Her father's name is Ronald.
My father's name is Ronald.
They were both named after movie stars - my dad after Reagan, hers I don't remember.
My father's mother's name was Emily. Both Emilys could read lips from across the room - my grandmother because my father's brother was hard of hearing. Just like my wife is.

I was named after my mother's father, and my father's mother - Stuart Edward, after Sydney Emily (using initials)

Had I been a girl, I would've been Sarah Emily.

Emily has a sister. Yep - Sarah.

That's it for now, it's lunch time!

sig under construction. well, actually, sig under post. but you get the idea.

#132 Bigbot

Bigbot
  • Citizen
  • 9769 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

If I see a plug socket turned on with nothing plugged into it, I can't do anything else till I've turned it off

#133 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43469 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:25 AM

I just discovered that sudden onset eye pain can indeed be made worse if I'm eating spicy food at the same time.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#134 DanHibiki

DanHibiki

kickin' it old school

• Citizen
  • 10457 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

I can preacher curl my bodyweight+20lbs. Going for +30lbs(230lbs) tonight.

#135 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

Hand tricks? Oh yes... I can touch all 5 fingers to the wrist on the same hand at the same time, as well as do other things it's hard to explain written but I've never seen duplicated. I can also open my feet to a 270 degree angle.

#136 Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime
  • Validating
  • 1476 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

can clap one handed on both sides, both through the strength of my own fingers, and windmill style using my arms.
sig under construction. well, actually, sig under post. but you get the idea.

#137 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14655 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(videomaster21XX @ Jun 22 2008, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And, though this isn't anything to be proud of, I'm also still a virgin and haven't yet been on a date in my life. Please don't think this is a 'boo hoo, I'm such a loser' comment. But I have people tell me that's rather weird all the time.

It's nothing to be ashamed of, either. There's nothing wrong with waiting for the right person/time. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend "The 30 Year Old Virgin", its a very honest and funny commentary on this sort of thing.

QUOTE(TheMightyMollusk @ Jun 30 2008, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Geminii @ Jun 29 2008, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not quite that many times, but I do it fairly regularly, often scaring the hell out of my girlfriend.

So stop doing it already! icon-megs.gif Since TMM sleeps during the day, I've also taken up the habit of checking in on him a few times just to make sure he's still breathing.

On physical oddities: I can also do the eye defocus and pinky-only bend, but just with my left hand. I'm fairly sure it got more flexible due to holding paperbacks with that hand (using the pinky to keep it open). My hair is super thick and grows really fast-about 10" a year. I'm convinced it grows quickly simply b/c I don't want it to, while girls I know that want longer hair suffer from slow-growing hair. icon-fire.gif
I'm not sure how to describe this next one. Put your arms straight in front of you and keep it as straight as you can, then try to bend further away. While most people can almost get a straight line, my arm will actually visibly angle backwards a little. My legs do this too (although less noticeably), it's probably b/c my elbow and knee joints can bend inwards. I've been told that this is slightly freaky.
Also, try as I may, I am unable to force myself to burp. On the other hand, I am prone to random hiccups-sometimes I'll just get one, sometimes it'll be a string of 3-6 in a row.

Oh yeah, I think I forgot to mention that I can be a bit dyslexic, mostly while talking but sometimes when writing. I tend to switch words in a sentence, switch letters of words, and/or combine words. Probably my brain jumping ahead of everything else. icon-fire.gif So far, I'm only dyslexic with English.

Speaking of languages, sometimes I dream in other languages, even reading/hearing the words clearly. Other times the language will be something that I don't recognize, but I still understand the meaning. I also dream with lots of color involved, which some people say is odd. Once in a rare while, I'll realize that I'm dreaming and be able to control what happens-that's a lot of fun, though I remember doing it more often as a kid.

I've done some very weird art projects, such as a life-size wire figure with clothes, a mask, and yarn hair, a dragon plushie decorated with buttons, false fingernails, and makeup, and a space collage-type thing consisting of two sheets of thick plastic glass, cellophane, beads, an old sparkly gift box, and a flashlight. For some reason my art teacher didn't approve. icon-fire.gif .......yikes, I rambled on long enough.

#138 gwynn

gwynn

squirt

• Citizen
  • 819 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:13 PM

I watched my father blow a mans arm off with a shotgun when I was 3.
My little mind has been warped ever since.

#139 DanHibiki

DanHibiki

kickin' it old school

• Citizen
  • 10457 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

I watched my father's arm be blown off by a man with a shotgun when I was 3
I have vowed to find this person's child and either mate with them or destroy them...or both!

#140 Prime 2.0

Prime 2.0

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

• Citizen
  • 6292 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(gwynn @ Jun 30 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I watched my father blow a mans arm off with a shotgun when I was 3.
My little mind has been warped ever since.

Double Barrel? Pump Action? Old Fashioned wooden shotgun?

Devils in the details bub.

ADVENTURE TIME!!!!